[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's that campaign that you would play/run the hell out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 30

File: rwJWwym.gif (187KB, 1438x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rwJWwym.gif
187KB, 1438x1000px
What's that campaign that you would play/run the hell out of; but you haven't had the chance/heart yet?

You can choose an existing setting or a personal one, just describe it.

>Running a cowboy bebop game using ryuutama rules
>>
Also I made this thread for getting inspiration towards running a new campaign. We've been playing a cyberpunk setting for 4 years, I want to take a break, but I need a good idea to pitch to my group
>>
>Chrysalids stroke Fallout stroke Caves of Qud far post apoc setting based in now plains-covered Canada

never got past planning
>>
File: sophons triumvirate.jpg (449KB, 1260x708px) Image search: [Google]
sophons triumvirate.jpg
449KB, 1260x708px
>>51401248
One set in the Endless universe, ESPECIALLY with the flavorful touching-up the various factions have gotten with Legend onward.
>>
Elder Scrolls, using the uesrpg. My group just wants to play d&d though.
>>
File: aURiJfD.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
aURiJfD.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>51401248

>Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
>>
>>51401248

"Too Many Darcy's."

Set in a small town in regency-era England. The players are all sisters living in their father's house. Their mother is dead and their father is dying. Their nearest male relation and their father's heir is an unknown cousin. He currently lives in India at his Tea Plantation. The girls have the misfortune of being unmarried and poor. Upon their father's death, the cousin will inherit and they could easily be cast out. The players must try to raise their fortunes, find husbands, or appease the cousin before this happens.

I think I'd run it in "drama system" thanks to some recommendations I think I got here actually. But the players chose an x-files style game in world of darkness, which sounds a lot easier to run so I'm fine with that. Still, it would be neat to pull it off but it's daunting because no combat and a focus on social stuff and romance would require an unusual group, and even then it'd be tough to keep it interesting. I'd probably need to make it more structured, and it could easily dry up into the 'what do we do next' problems you get with sandboxy things. Definitely needs a lot of prep..
>>
>>51401248
>A wacky, wasteland roadtrip down Old Route 66 in Fallout's post-apocalyptic America.

>A light-hearted exploration of a world best described as "Studio Ghibli's Land of the Lost."

>A rag-tag crew of future salvagers in space get Shanghaied by a mysterious ghost ship.
>>
>>51401248
I want to play in a Buffy/Dresden Files/Ghostbusters type urban fantasy game very badly
>>
>>51401248
Late Victorian-era game about a group of kids in an English boarding school where the paranormal keeps happening. Kids would learn skills and proficiencies by going to class and joining after school clubs and use those skills to figure out what's going on. Basically a splash of Harry Potter, Scooby Doo, Lovecraft and Supernatural. The game would follow the timeline of roughly just after World War I and segue into WWII after the players graduate if they wanted to.

I'll probably never find a group who wants to do this. I'd probably just be better writing a book.
>>
>>51402261

>I'll probably never find a group who wants to do this. I'd probably just be better writing a book.

Probably not a bad idea. I don't speak for everyone, but personally slice of life/school years kinds of games are a hard sell for me even if there's a more fantastical meta plot going on. I have a hard time getting interested in a game if major components of it include passing the geometry test.
>>
>>51402299
I'd just relegate that shit to rolls or skip past it. I know it's boring and won't put an emphasis on it - it would just serve as an explanation to how kids can know or do some things and give players a chance to RP.
>>
>>51401248
I've tried a couple times now to get a MAID game going, but it keeps falling apart.
>>
>>51401248
>Campaign set in 1812 eastern Europe, players are French Dragoons invading Russia with Napoleon's grande armee.

>Glorious advance into Russia
>Fight through massive battle of Borodino
>Get to Moscow
>Entire city burns for 3 days
>Start the Retreat
>Panic at the yells of "Cossacks!"
>only 1 in 4 PCs survive
>>
>>51401248
>ryuutama
You're toying with the levels of comfy beyond mortal reach!
>>
File: Prayer.png (186KB, 368x269px) Image search: [Google]
Prayer.png
186KB, 368x269px
Want to run a STALKER game, but can't get any interest among players
>>
I want to run a THE THING campaign but I am such a lackluster GM I couldn't nail the pacing and oppressive feelings required to do that sort of psychological horror
>>
>>51401248
I want to play a Deathwatch/Rogue Trader game where I play a Noise Marine. A classic Noise Marine complete with Sonic Guitar, who left his chapter because of creative differences(the shits started to play Wub Wub instead of Rock)

My buddy and I worked this out. He would play as an Ork. Specifically a LoudBoy, who for some reason or other got stranded away from his horde, and decided to hang around me because a Rokkin' Rollin' Humie is 'bout Da Orkiest thing ya can get short of a Greenskin.

We jammed a socket into his throat, and, thanks to Orky beliefs, he is now officially my Amp and Roadie.

Of course, there's plenty wrong with everything about that. For one I can't even imagine a GM running the kind of ultra-heretical homebrew campaign to even allow this. I probably wouldn't even allow it myself.

Really it reads better as campy fanfiction than something playable.
>>
File: Candlescream.png (14KB, 100x130px) Image search: [Google]
Candlescream.png
14KB, 100x130px
I really just wanna play/GM a Fallen London RPG.
>>
File: 400px-Dungeonmeshi_01.jpg (38KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Dungeonmeshi_01.jpg
38KB, 400x284px
I just wanna do comfy dungeon crawling mang, but I don't know where to start.
>>
I want to play or run any game that lasts more than a handful of sessions
>>
>>51402913
That sounds fun as hell, your players need better taste.
>>
Gamma World. Every time I try to run a game it ends up falling apart before the first session as everyone cancels. I swear the game is cursed.
>>
A Monster Hunter campaign. You know, story doesn't have to be super in depth but it's still there. I just want a game with little bullshit and politics, just a Guild, the party and a bunch of monsters and exploration involved.
But alas, no one seems to be interested into that kinda stuff.
That and I've never seen anyone else do it before.
>>51402913
Or what this anon said, I love me some squatting around campfires and playing the harmonica.
>>
>>51401248
A Xcom/monstergirl game to be frank.
>>
>>51402913
Isn't Stalker rather high-legality setting unless you probe everything twice before even taking step towards it (or have the divine power of savescum)?
>>
>>51401248

Shining-series game in 4e. Purpose designed around grid movement, battlefield control, and periodic / max-use-before-rest mechanics.
>>
>>51403354
I gather you meant lethality ?
In any case, that's what bolts are for.
>>
>>51403490
Yes, that, so much for autocorrect.

Well, neither having to throw some bolts every other step nor TPK out of nowhere because you didn't throw bolts sound like particularly fun way to play. These parts of gameplay that might add to suspense in vidya might be more of a bother in tabletops.
>>
>>51403583
Yes, I do see how anomalies can be a bother to implement.
Maybe have them be very blatant and act as obstacles the players need to discover how to overcome or the such.
>>
>>51403081
theres so much you could do with it
>>
>>51403662
Don't most anomalies have a tell anyways? You're not going to go into the area that's visibly distorting or kicking up dust without seeing what it does first.
>>
File: 1439752131169.jpg (154KB, 878x518px) Image search: [Google]
1439752131169.jpg
154KB, 878x518px
>>51401248
Urban Arcana Fantasy cityscape in a single city. Really work at fleshing out the city, the neighborhoods and locales, the city hall politics and the local community interactions, to the point where you get a feel for the differences while understanding the ubiquity of the city's own presence.

I dunno what the focus would be, kinda want to put a city together from the ground up and work with the players to determine their little corner of the sprawl, or maybe even have some of them be out-of-towners drawn in for some aspect of it and get caught up in the living, breathing landscape of the locales.

The biggest issue with it aside from wanting to put it together and work getting in the way of DMing is that the moment you give players defined limits of "This area is where the game takes place" the first instinct is almost always "What's beyond the border?" and I get the feeling most folks won't take kindly to "You leave city limits or the greater metro area and your character is on their way to NPC status, as they have left the area in which the campaign is going to take place."
>>
File: doom.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>51401248
I'd love to play in or dm a doom style game
>>
>>51403705
Pretty much, but then they wouldn't be much of a threat. The DM would just give away about the anomaly and the players would know bettet than to go there.
If you place something valuable on the anomaly such as a super artifact OC, on the other hand ...
>>
>>51403662
Make anomalies less lethal, use perception checks or use audio cues you play very softly that get louder the close they get to an anomaly
>>
>>51401248
something like darkest dungeon. Gritty and a bit grim dark but all the characters are interesting and the stress mechanic is quite fun
>>
File: Buzz and Woody Grimdark.png (1MB, 900x925px) Image search: [Google]
Buzz and Woody Grimdark.png
1MB, 900x925px
>>51401248
There was this 1d4chan setting called Wild Cards with an alternate history USA where the North and South split and the Wild West was even wilder..

Anyway the devil was giving out magic guns (or maybe trying to recover them) that were based on a deck of cards and the guns all had weird powers, like stopping time for 1 second after each shot, or working like a voodoo doll where the wielder was a doll...

I can't find a group or a system for it but man I love the idea of it.

I'm also not sure if I want to run it as The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly meets Borderlands, or as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but with cowboys
>>
>>51403937
I kinda find it'd be funny but really functional to have the DM tap the table whenever the players get close to an anomaly. Eventually they'd pick up and start being on alert for it.
>>
>>51404064
Actually that could work too; The DM places something to show they're getting closer (poke chips, cheezles, coins) in a line sort of like a building meter
>>
>>51404038
I'd absolutely play that.
>>
>>51403776
>I get the feeling most folks won't take kindly to "You leave city limits or the greater metro area and your character is on their way to NPC status, as they have left the area in which the campaign is going to take place."

Just gotta get the right players my man. Just make sure nobody thinks they're playing the usual 'roaming murderhobos' before you start and you should be good.
>>
>>51402261
there is a rpg game called hell cats and hand grenades where this is the exact premise
>>
File: Mai_And_The_Tiger_by_vm0572.jpg (305KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mai_And_The_Tiger_by_vm0572.jpg
305KB, 800x800px
Hmong/Thai horrorfantasy. Shapeshifting tigers and angry ghosts, and the shamans and warriors who keep them at bay.
>>
>>51403583
Usually anomalies can be detected before you even get close. You see the ripples of space, or you hear your suit beep at you, or just pick up radiation and see sparks or fire jumping around in front of you.

Its not like every step is an anomaly, its more that if you do find yourself close to an anomaly you need to take care. If you're really close to one, like within a meter, you'll need to start throwing bolts if you're unsure.

>>51403905
The trick is to have the players make their way through anomalous areas as part of the gameplay.

>X area is only reachable by Y pass, which is highly radioactive and a few nasty anomalies
>You need to retrieve someones PDA - they died trying to find a stash in an old factory - that is full of anomalies... oh and you can keep the stash if you find it.

Also anomalies can appear and disappear, so an area you though was previously safe might not be anymore.. opposite works too, areas too hot to enter may now be clear..

A S.T.A.L.K.E.R. campaign would be awesome, or in fact any post apocalyptic campaign featuring lots of radiation and supernatural shit. Being set around Chernobyl is a big plus for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. setting though.

Fukushima could work.
S.E.P.P.U.K.U: Clear Sea
>>
File: Arcturian-Aliens-Facts-2.jpg (98KB, 476x488px) Image search: [Google]
Arcturian-Aliens-Facts-2.jpg
98KB, 476x488px
Really want to play a fantasy setting that replaces some/most of the typical trappings with full on conspiracy theorist and New Age craziness with reptilians, psychic powers, magic, extra dimensional beings, alien hybridization, ascended masters, etc.

I don't think I'd ever find someone who'd be equally on board for this sort of bullshit though.
>>
>>51404272
The other poster is correct.
It might sound fun for you in your headcanon because you think a DM going to be your slave and only care for your sole enjoyment and style of play. You will not like the fact that screaming and throwing a fit won't resurrect your dead snowflake either.

For others, it sound extremely boring and tedious, especially if the campaign or one shot isn't using rules lite system.

Play CoC if you can get a group to have a sense of how an actual horror tabletop campaign is played.
It involves every player having their characters getting killed or going insane in each session.
>>
>Humanity was the first to reach the stars, took over handedly, but weren't assholes about it. They created a hyperspace highway that only those that have human DNA can use, seeded countless planets via terraforming and colony ships, made some pretty cool discoveries, but were effectively exterminated by a super weapon of their own making (the BEAST). This took place millions of years ago and most races in the galaxy speak of human as myth (Despite living on shit made by them, or having human blood). Now the various races are dealing with the super weapon that wiped them out, a colony ship from the old earth (before it became an empire) has crash landed on a planet, and Pure humans are returning. There is also sapient AI, Crazy AI, and AI that decided it wanted to have a physical form all just kinda hanging out (basically, humans made some pretty cool shit) or wrecking shit.

I have the setting, but i am lacking plot mostly, might have players be the humans on the downed ship trying to survive on a hostilish world.

Might do a post humans have returned game where they built a world ship to run from the BEAST.

Either way, the concept that humans were first, and have since fucked off, is something i've wanted to explore for awhile.
>>
>>51404493
I once played a nazi scientist turn cultist hunter in CoC.

It resulted in an exploded house, 4 fatalities, and the cultists getting MORE information than they started with as well as a new shiny nazi scientist leader.

CoC is when you feel bad and want to make the world burn.
>>
>>51404494
I've had that concept too

But I can't help but feel like it works better as sci-fi shortstories.

I feel like unless you assemble a team of fucking legendary players, you'll get the problem of alien players just being humans in rubber suits and it turning into just another space opera where people had to work slightly harder to find character art

Maybe I'm just a pessimist tho
>>
>>51404630
The group i play with are awesome role-players so i'm not really worried. I also think it has to do with what system you do it in as a D20 wouldn't really work.

I am actually creating a system that uses Tarot cards as the base for stats and rolls and whatnot. More role-play focused and narrative structure, which i think will help facilitate Non-Human aliens (those exist, but the main races are actually related to humans anyway so...) and a discovering your quirks mechanic that'll help spice up a players toon.

however;

I honestly don't mind humans in Rubber suits, non human aliens are probably going to be exclusively GM controlled anyway, so as long as there is some quirks that come from the alien/nonhuman parts, IDAF.
>>
A dwarf fortress inspired homebrew based on genius the transgression(nwod) where pc's play as dorfs.
>>
One Piece, but instead of the sea is a dark waters area that works just like Over The Garden Wall's unknown. This or just straight Hell
>>
>>51404493
Have you ever even played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?

They aint horror.

Also the DM's goal should always be the enjoyment of the players. Thats the whole point. Everyone has a good time. I'm afraid you either dont know enough about stalker or are pretty unimaginative.

Are you the kind of person who would never play a realistic setting, and is averse to any kind of roleplaying?
>>
SBURB campaign using a homebrewed ruleset.

Throwing together 'console screens' using a folder of sprites that i'm using and actively drawing while the game runs. Players only interact through IC chat client.
>>
>>51408155
He plays CoC and respects player death?

so no he probably enjoys realism and roleplay?

A DM's goal is not only the enjoyment of the group, it's finding a group that fits with their narrative style.

I don't power game, and fucking hate it in general when it's done in a tabletop RPG. I'm not in a game to win, i'm in it for story and fun. fun for me might be losing, might be weirdness might be anything as long as the story is good. When power gaming occurs, i undermine it in general, especially when i'm a DM. I play for interactive story, the thing i can't get from video games. If you wanna power game, go play a video game in my opinion.

It's the Players job to realize a DM might not be for them, and a DM's job to find players that fits their play-style.
>>
File: You RathaLOSE.png (526KB, 1280x993px) Image search: [Google]
You RathaLOSE.png
526KB, 1280x993px
>>51403286
>Monster Hunter
Well shit, I never knew I wanted this. Seconding this, has anyone ever seen it done ?
>>
>>51408357
I once played a campaign set in the world as a group of Felines.

it was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>51408387
>Playing as felynes
Years ago I'd be laughing at you, and then Capcom made prowlers a thing. The madmen.
But tell me more about it anyways.
>>
>>51408429
don't knock the cats ~ nyan

>be us, 4 mad cats looking for work
>head to... Pokke? i honestly don't remember, this was just after tri came out though
>get hired by a hunter who needs minions on quests to gather shit for him, keep shit busy
>get attacked alot, lots of role playing as we traveled, quests were just like a DND quest where the BBEG runs and we hunt and set traps
>we managed to down a Rathalos while our hunter dealt with a Rathian
>felt boss

We also trained a couple of the minion enemies as mounts. Boss cat (one eye, he got the Rathian Armour, specialized in cat sized gunlance) managed to tame a bullfango. Our sneaky dual blader (i think he wore... fucked if i know anymore) had a massive fucking Vespoid as his pet from birth. HAMMERCAT rode a Renophlos and had Rhenoplos Armour. and my 'long' sword cat was the only one who managed to get a carnivore. Our Dm was boss for that.

Was fun, had drama, action and comedy. But that's because we gave exactly 0 fucks.

In the end, the hunter went up against a Kushla, and got hailed as a hero while the cats had done most of the work ~nyan
>>
>>51408609
Said carnivore was a Velociprey, derp.
>>
>>51401248
GURPs in Vietnam, but the commies have been investigating alien tech deep in an underground temple and eventually it turns into Diablo/Doom/Predator dungeon-delving with lasers

It's stupid as fuck, but since most of my players just want to kill shit and get loot in D&D, why not put an interesting spin on it? Of course those fuckers hate it because they're allergic to anything that isn't 3.PF
>>
File: Going Aerial on the Bulldrome.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Going Aerial on the Bulldrome.gif
3MB, 360x270px
>>51408609
Well, that sounds fun. Having a felyne riding a Velociprey and a Bullfango sounds pretty hillarious.
>was just after Tri came out
Christ dude, that's old. Sounds just about the adventure I'm looking for, though, maybe I could try and convince my group about it one day.
>>
naruto when it was still about ninjas (first 30 episodes more or less)

an early dragon ball game (before Goku was an alien)

Dragon Quest the anime
>>
>>51404490
All that stuff exists in standard D&D fantasy. Stop playing Tolkienesque low fantasy with your groups and play in a different fantasy setting.
And if you meant modern setting, those exist too.
>>
>>51409846
yeah no
>>
>>51402223
Me too, Anon. Me too...

>>51402898
DO IT!
>>
Legend of Zelda game using Golden Sky Stories.

A Fate Holy Grail War game using Maid rules.
>>
>>51401248
I want to play a High Fantasy game where I'm a Paladin who does the right thing, redeems evildoers and smites the unrepentant. But none of my group will ever step up to GM anything that isn't a memetastic oneshot using nWoD.

I want to continue my Dark Heresy campaign, it's got a big old setting I've spent ages working on and the players are all Inquisitors in a cabal working together to save Humanity. But I just don't have the time.
>>
>>51414155
>>51402898

>The classes are Minstrel, Merchant, Hunter, Healer, Farmer, Craftsperson and Noble.

I could see Spike as a Hunter maybe. Fighting expertise. Favored Weapon: fists
>>
>>51403081
I've been Fallen London/Sunless Sea, we gotta get reorganized for the new semester so we can start up again.
>>
>>51417013
*been running
>>
File: 55588743_p0.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
55588743_p0.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
A magical girl game that is influenced by Nanoha and Symphogear as opposed to Madoka.
>>
File: oh_shit_knave.png (282KB, 495x481px) Image search: [Google]
oh_shit_knave.png
282KB, 495x481px
>>51417033
Aw shit, son - color me interested. When do you usually run?
>>
>>51401248
I want to run a game in a setting that uses the rules from Dark Sun, but in a setting that's almost a mash-up of The Dark Lands and Tolkeinesque fantasy.

Basically the game would revolve around a setting that has a kind of dread about the world, with the races you'd normally see now holed up in the last hold-outs of their races, given gifts from their gods before they were mysteriously silenced.

Players would have to journey away from these havens to seek out treasures that would help keep the Dark Things away from these redoubts, and try to survive an environment that's in a perpetual night. Fighting through forests made of fungus, fighting savage mind flayers and lovecraftian horrors along the way.

The main problem is that I'm having difficulty worldbuilding for this. I don't want to just rip Darksun completely, I want some originality, but I want to keep the same air of slowly spiralling decline.
>>
>>51417268
We haven't gotten our meeting day scheduled yet.
>>
Noir investigation game set in 80s. Starting out as a regular murder mystery gradually changing into alien/conspiracy heavy story, turning into full-on alien invasion halfway through.
>>
>>51401248
Im working on making one somewhat similar to Fallout NV where each type of potential enemy has a faction, and having my players choose one base faction then choose which ones they keep and which to kill. For what they are fighting for, so far I think it might be a giant magic portal, but any suggestions for mcguffins would be nice
>>
>>51417549
something like Body Snatchers? Or more like They Live? Anyways, looks good. Bonus points if you play with millenials and remind them constantly "YOU HAVE NO CELLPHONES" "INTERNET IS NOT A THING"
>>
I've wanted to run a game that takes place in a future where humanity has begun colonizing the solar system, but with no science fiction shortcuts like teleportation or FTL travel. Outpost getting attacked? Better put on your big boy pants because it'll be an hour before your SOS is heard and months before anyone can get to you.

Also want to run a game where all the cryptids and mythical creatures from cultures around the world start coming out of the woodwork.
>>
Running a game of Tower Watchkeepers Have Some Weird Shenanigans Going About; or, Hullabaloo Up At Watchpost Two.

Low fantasy in maybe GURPS or some rules lite system, just a group of people from a provincial militia guarding a watchtower a day's trip from town; weirdness ensues.

Haven't had the energy or drive to fully make it happen, as I'm currently working on self-image and other flaws.
>>
>>51401348
I do love a good Canada-set game. Tried running a little setting my friend and I made wherein "something happened" to make plants grow at prodigious rates, causing death by overgrowth and collapse of structures, etc. Now it's 100 years later (or more, or less; GM discretion) and society is in what I termed a "Post-Industrial" state, meaning we have lost industry and are back to small-scale production of very simple goods. Most places don't have enough skilled workers or knowledge to produce higher quality materials, and a good smith is as valuable as a prepper vault. The plant growth has slowed down considerably, but it's still far beyond what it is in RL. Animals and wildlife have taken back most areas, and storms are much more frequent due to increased o2 in the air. Lots of potential, never got past session 2. Still want to run that once it's polished.
>>
I've always wanted to run an Unknown Armies game where John Lennon was assassinated shortly before ascending to the Clergy, and an urbanomancer seized on the resulting magickal backlash to immortalize himself as all of New York City's pigeons. Skip foward a couple decades, someone discovers not only pigeonman but how he pulled his spell off, and the occult underground erupts into a war over the empty seat on Clergy.
>>
File: rally_hardtouch.jpg (190KB, 812x1236px) Image search: [Google]
rally_hardtouch.jpg
190KB, 812x1236px
I've always wanted to play a game set in a fantasy 1920's/30's esque Americana where the characters are all musicians using music to exorcise demons. Player class and power is imbued by the Muses of various genres of music: the Blues, Jazz, Gospel, Rock&Roll.
>>
File: 1471318097322.jpg (84KB, 309x473px) Image search: [Google]
1471318097322.jpg
84KB, 309x473px
A Shadowrun game where the players are Knight Errant officers instead of criminals.
>>
I've got four notebooks full of world building and campaign notes ready to go. I'd love to play or run any of them. Space opera? Low fantasy? Cyberpunk? Postapocalyptic? I've got campaigns and worlds built for all of them.

Unfortunately my job forced a move several years ago and I've never been able to get another group together or commit to an online group. So I scratch the itch by obsessively planning campaigns that will likely never see the light of day.
>>
Honestly, most of the campaigns I want to run are just standard campaigns, I've never GM'd before and I'd like for my group to break away from D&D and try some different systems just for variety's sake. The problem is that I have zero experience and while I'd love to run something like Dark Heresy, CoC, Delta Green, maybe Shadowrun or the like I'm worried that my unfamiliarity with the systems would make it difficult to start off with.
The one idea I do have for D&D though is an all-Orc game, where the players are all survivors of a recently collapsed warband who are trying to rebuild their settlement and survive with drastically reduced numbers. Ideally this would require some base management and the like, but I guess until I have that figured out I could ease them in with some simple, kick-in-the-door adventures.
>>
>>51423521
You know Napoleon once had no experience with warfare.

Study the text, drill the rules and present your case. Have faith, they're your friends right?
>>
>>51402128
>>51402698
you two need to talk
MAID sounds great for that setting
>>
>>51403150
Feels
>>
>>51401248
Dark heresy, Severan Dominate edition!
>>
File: 1482972109087.png (731KB, 535x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1482972109087.png
731KB, 535x1012px
>>51401248
20s Shadowrun
>>
>>51424511
David Sarif is too altruistic to fit in Shadowrun
>>
>>51401248
When I first watched Last Exile I was really enamored with the idea of doing a Last Exile campaign.
Vanship pilots running errands, fucking with the Guild, exploring, class warring, doing acrobatics and dog-fighting.

Man, I still really want to do a Last Exile campaign.
>>
>>51403945
Pretty much this.
>>
>>51401248
Some Gloryhammer-level shit with SenZar.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (91KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
91KB, 500x496px
>>51424635
AND LO!
AFTER CENTURIES OF FROZEN SLUMBER I AM FREE ONCE MORE
COSMIC INFINITY COURSES THROUGH MY VEINS
MY BODY IS ABLAZE WITH ASRAL CHARGE
THE GALAXY SHALL ONCE AGAIN TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF ZARGOTHRAX!

As well as SenZar fits for the thematic silliness you could run this in 40k rpg pretty straight.
>>
>>51424706
>astral charge
it's astral terror, numbnuts
otherwise excellent taste
>>
big epic high fantasy campaign with heavy metal references strewn throughout
most of the time with campaigns I think up one epic moment, or pull it from a song/book and mix it up a bit, then work a campaign around it
>>
>>51401248
Legends Of The Wulin, played straight for wuxia shenanigans.
>>
I've been itching to run Dogs in the Vineyard, but the usual crowd of players didn't show any interest.

I also want to try Delta Green, but I'm not good at running horror games.
>>
In Mutants&Masterminds
>>
File: 1471993692117.jpg (151KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471993692117.jpg
151KB, 600x900px
>>51425473
Other ideas that fall through for whatever reason
>A Xianxia game in Legends of the Wulin
>A FFXV style contemporary fantasy in whatever
>A Worldscape game in M&M because fuck Pathfinder
>>
A weird-fantasy game where massive, bizarre works of superconstruction exist right alongside late-1800s industrial technology.
>>
>>51421924
And you wouldn't even need a decker! Genius!

Seriously the more I think about this the better the idea sounds.
>>
File: header.jpg (138KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
138KB, 460x215px
This, run in a modified version of Only War.
>>
>>51402261
Honestly, that sounds like a pretty cool idea to me. It would just be the question of how well you could narrate to keep things interesting. Would it be a horror emphasis?
>>
>>51402261
The Victoria system would be perfect for this. Really simple ruleset and playstyle.
>>
Something like this: >>>/trash/7426418
>>
>>51401248
> Resident Evil using Dream Pod 9's silhouette system, gritty setting.
>>
File: the magicians.jpg (316KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
the magicians.jpg
316KB, 825x464px
>>51401248
a mage the awaking game based in brakebills where they are split between learning the basics of magic and stopping the beasts minions (bad ending after season 1)
>>
An honest Only War game in which everyone plays Kriegers. Maybe, big maybe, one support player.

It would take great RPers to play them honestly while making them actual characters. If I could, I would absolutely work in the horrors of trench warfare.

Either play or run.

It's my personal unicorn of a game.
>>
>>51417752
Both of those I would absolutely love. Fuck, I'm so starved for a game I'd settle for 3.PF
>>
>>51403081
I want to do something inspired by Sunless Sea, but the setting itself isn't exactly for me or my group. Still, the writing for those games is top tier, it shouldn't be hard to figure out what I want out of it.
>>
File: witch hunter.jpg (1MB, 1991x3196px) Image search: [Google]
witch hunter.jpg
1MB, 1991x3196px
The PCs are witch hunters in a setting strongly reminiscent of the Age of Enlightenment. They've got certain extra-judiciary powers and have been tasked with overseeing the safety of several territories.

The PCs run what is essentially a magic radio tower and receive their orders via magic radio. Tales of creatures living in the sky and dipping out from the clouds to prey on humans circulate, and so the PCs are tasked with getting some way to explore the sky. Things get creepier and creepier as a hot air balloon goes missing, and a zeppelin-crash survivor speaks of islands in the sky.

The kicker? The tower wasn't hooked up. Their bosses haven't heard from them. -something- wants them up in the clouds
>>
>Kobolds, who dragon ruler was slain by adventurers. The narrative is their own, perhaps they will seek a new dragon to worship or hunt them as retribution. Maybe they will attempt to rebuild their clan or integrate into human lands. They might build up a mercernary group or become full fledged adventures. Whatever their fate holds it's theirs to take control off

>Off the rails but on the streets road trip adventure, starting simple as a point A to point B with the vehicle they have keeping it running and making small upgrades but quickly ramping up so it will eventually end with a moving fortress, landspeeder or even taking to the skies as an airship
>Northern expidition wherein the players explore a tundra that eventually turns into an arctic if the go far enough. Not a frozen wasteland but instead filled with cold adapted fantasy races, never before seen monsters and even a hidden dragon who's very presence has been causing the frost to encroach further and further south. The brutal and unforgiven north will be a struggle to survive where finding food and creating shelter are essential. A diverse diet will reward you with bonuses to most actions whereas surviving off nothing but root vegetables will lower morale and energy cause your actions to suffer penalty.
>>
File: 71X7OzUonVL.jpg (206KB, 1254x887px) Image search: [Google]
71X7OzUonVL.jpg
206KB, 1254x887px
I want to run a game of God Eater. But I have no idea what the fuck could work for that in the slightest.
Hell, finding players wouldn't be hard. It's seriously just finding a system.
>>
>>51435763
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dngxQWoPfCNjuVhQL8ygZthb7cf2G-ni936meN1XQc/edit?usp=sharing

Literally based on God Eater.
>>
>>51401248
Always felt like a Multi-setting style campaign where I would roll where the party would end up next behind the screen and they'd have to find out where they are.
Roll a 6? You find yourself in the middle of London. What you want to know the show? How would your character know that?
Pretty much Kingdom Hearts and just as goofy.
Never thought of a way to capture the stupid charm of the KH series though or settle on a story that I liked.
>>
>>51401248
Monster Hunter campaign, exploring the wider implications of the setting at large. I want me some guild politics and 100-man hunter taskforces being dispatched to fight angry gods.
>>
>>51421806
THIS. MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT NOW.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.