[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i implement nen and aura from hunter x hunter into 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: yt4hXhJ.png (94KB, 585x278px) Image search: [Google]
yt4hXhJ.png
94KB, 585x278px
How can i implement nen and aura from hunter x hunter into 5e

>but 5e D&D sucks for that kind of thing

I already know, but it's a familiar system for me
>>
>I already know, but it's a familiar system for me
this board would be a much better place if people weren't scared to try anything but D&D
>>
>>51401022
You can't.
>>
>>51401022
Play Savage Worlds instead. It's like if someone took a look at GURPS and tried to put it on the level of ease of 5e. It actually handles most Anime stuff really well. Super Powers Supplements, and the Ninja Supplement will be of particular interest to you.

Short of that, Barbarian and/or Monk Archetypes would work.
>>
>>51401022
Try to expand your horizons, look into other systems mate.
>>
>>51405687
This. Or you could also try OVA, The Anime Roleplaying Game.
>>
>>51401022
Look to Magic of Incarnum for inspiration. It has the same mechanic of moving the character's "energy" from one ability to another to power them up according to what they need in a given situation.
>>
>>51401022
Well you're just gonna have to get over that, aren't you?

>>51402151
This.
>>
>>51401022
>Walking is unfamiliar to me, I'll just crawl the rest of my life.
>Now how do I play football?
>>
>>51401022
It's called ki and magic, wizards now use Nen, fighters now use nen to attack six times in six seconds, magic potions are Nen potions or elixers or whatever, Monks are masters of using Nen to blow shit up while punching things

It's called basic fucking setting translation
>>
>>51401022
You need something quite freeform, powers are the best bet I think. As for affinities and the different categories and so on, you'd have to just do that in fluff or make up a whole new system or large part of a system. Which will be garbage so don't try if you actually want to play it too.
>>
>>51401022
Try your hand at mutants and masterminds third edition
>>
>>51408111
This.

Nen is just an excuse for fancy powers anyway. It's just like Chakra, or Spirit power, or whatever. The in-story mechanics only exist to handwave bullshit, or occasionally get broken to show what a badass someone is (or occasionally get used in some weird way that the reader had no chance of knowing is possible to show how "smart" someone is).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.