[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, having just finished the book, this is a surprisin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1333130142973335437.jpg (89KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1333130142973335437.jpg
89KB, 800x450px
You know, having just finished the book, this is a surprisingly not-at-all-bad-game. I expected the mother of all Onyx Path style SJW "but have you considered the genderqueers?" sidebox rants, but seriously, this is an okay game. It's not the best I've read, and it's not my personal taste, but it's not nearly as horrible as /tg/s made it out to be before. Hell, because it wears its thematic heart on its sleeve like that, even the standard SJW themes feel a lot less jarring and "in your face" than when they're jammed into other games, so rather than standing out mostly they just feel like organic parts of a fantasy world that's so much bigger you could literally forget they were there if you didn't insist on focusing on them.

Is it really possible that the word "feminist" on the cover caused such a kneejerk reaction it caused most people here to automatically dismiss this game?

Anyone with opinions?

Before you ask me to provide a PDF or stop shilling: https://www.sendspace.com/file/uc3rfy. I'm not selling you anything, I'm legitimately interested in hearing what people here think.
>>
Selling games to SJWs is easy attention and as someone who hopes to get games published I fully intend to do it
>>
>>51397752
It's not bad. It was before most of the SJW bullshit, so instead of most of that crap it's based around romantic fantasy and was aimed at "What if we made a D&D for women? What would we put into it?" and it actually wound up a pretty good setting.

the remake watered that down some and added more politics but it's still fine. Y'know, fine. Like any number of dozens of other RPGs that deserve about as much attention.
>>
It's certainly better than the d20.
But Blue Rose isn't really selling the system, it's selling the rhetoric. And the rhetoric is poorly written propaganda.
>>
>>51397752
My copy doesn't say anything about feminism...
Just Romantic Fantasy.
It was the precursor to True 20, which I enjoyed.
The art was nice. A bit whimsical but good for the subject matter. The setting had some issues, but no moreso than most others.
Overall, I think the setting and art style would have been better with a narrative system,more like second edition 7th Sea, but if one needs a d20 based game that is easy and rules light, one could do far worse.
>>
>>51397752

What the fuck game are you even talking about?
>>
>>51397752

I haven't gotten all the way through the PDF yet but I was a fan of the first edition, so I've been waiting for this a long time. Gorgeous art doesn't hurt. I've finally got a group that'd be down, too; my bestie's old art school buddy basically grew up on Lackey's Valdemar and Tamora Pierce's stuff. When the first edition was new I tried it with some high school friends who were more into, like, Warcraft, and despite them making a go of it it just wasn't a hit with them.

Has anyone tried this AGE system though? Is it good or am I better
>>
>>51403105

You realize they just released a new edition, right?
>>
>>51404102

Blue Rose?

I think it's a new (remade?) setting that Green Ronin is putting out for their Fantasy Age system which means it's fucking garbage.

But as someone playing a long fage game with a dm who's not very open to homebrewing it to make it less shit, I'm interesting if only for new arcanas and specializations. No idea what's in the book tho

thanks op, and yea idk there's nothing wrong with different stuff, tho I'm a chick so I'm probably more tolerant of feminism. The Onyx Path stuff can get a little preachy, but I don't totally hate the inclusion of that shit since the original market of wod was a gothy alternative sort of scene, right? It's not that weird for the modern version of that to try to be progressive, is it?

But yea, thanks for the link. The art looks good, at the very least. Excited to read it and see what's up. Romantic Fantasy sounds pretty at least.
>>
>>51404102
The game is Blue Rose, the setting was divisive and controversial among some groups of grognards. The rule set was well received though and eventually came out as the setting less True20.
>>
Honestly never really had any issues with it either.

Any game where non-anthropomorphic dolphin knight is a valid character concept is ok in my books.
>>
>>51404271

I want to play a dolphin ranger/explorer, who sees dry land as a frontier to explore. Imagine trying to climb Everest as a psychic dolphin, you know?
>>
>>51404228

Me again, thanks OP for the book this has a lot of new rules that are great. The relationship intensity stuff sounds really fun, my in-game heterolifemate and I are gonna get so many +2's.
>>
>>51400466
Bad luck to you, anon
>>
>>51400466
>>51405356
Risky business model. If they find out you're just a(n I assume) straight white male oppressor-type guy pandering to them for money they'll just hate it even more.

The SJW trend seems to be swinging away from demanding more token minorities in mainstream shit to hating on whites who try to portray other cultures for "appropriation", "misrepresentation", etc. Blizzard can get away with it despite being mostly a bunch of creepy white dudes since they already had a huge international fanbase to begin with and can be seen as trying to accommodate the people who play their games anyway. Or something, I dunno.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.