[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 52

File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Secret Tech Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Wanna hear your favorite secret tech. Shit that people just absolutely don't expect.
>>
File: Splinter_BOK.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter_BOK.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
I like liquid metal coating and pic related.
Target the lands with liquid and rekt all mono color decks
>>
>>51395045
>Return to weebland when?
>>
>>51394247
What happened to the EDH discord?
>>
I want to build Derevi but I don't like stax and tribal decks. Any suggestions?
>>
>>51396589
Make your theme a build around dismiss into dream deck. Anything like dismiss, willbreaker, etc using derevi's ability to abuse them. Have fun!
>>
File: Giant Spider old.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Spider old.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>51394247
Hi i'm fairly new to magic, have picked up cards randomly, mom used to play and I think I still have her old cards. They were extremely old like pic related old. Im wanting to get into EDH and am wondering is there an Eldritch Abomination Archtype thats good for it and are slivers good for EDH? My moms collection had a lot of old Slivers so I always tried to use them.
Sorry if Archtype isn't the right word for it, im used to Yugioh.
>>
>>51397771
Older cards can be great in EDH and often fall into two categories, stupid powerful and incredibly bad. Slivers are great, but you'll want one of the 5-color legendary slivers as your commander and the mana base will run you a decent amount of cash if you don't have a lot of shocks/fetches/duals/5-color lands already.

No idea what you mean by "Eldritch abomination archetype."
>>
File: Bloodborne_Cleric_Beast_01.jpg (280KB, 822x776px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cleric_Beast_01.jpg
280KB, 822x776px
>>51397958
By archtype I mean like Yugioh has with Kozmos, Lunalights, Monarchs, Zoodiacs, D/Ds, Blue Eyes .etc
And by Eldritch Abomination I mean Hastur, Nyarlaythotep, Cthulhu, C'tan, Cthugha .etc
>>
File: All Is Dust_MM2.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
All Is Dust_MM2.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>51398204
Eldrazi
>>
>>51398240
That sounds broken as fuck, set up a good board and then nuke the shit out of land... Or are monsters permanants too?
>>
File: Emrakul, the Promised End_EMN.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul, the Promised End_EMN.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>51398285
Land is colorless so it misses them, creatures are permanents so they get rekt unless they are colorless like pick related
>>
>>51398285
Lands, creatures, artifacts, enchantments and planeswalkers are all permanents.
Color is defined by the card's mana cost. Since lands have no mana cost, they are colorless.
>>
File: Armageddon_V14.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon_V14.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>51398285
If you want to nuke land, this is your bread and butter
>>
>>51395797

Never. We probably won't even see any stuff from Kamigawa even in Commander pre-cons.

;_;
>>
>>51396508
discords are pure cancer, ive never seen one that wasnt anime circle jerking avatar fagging retards
>>
File: Vorinclex-Voice-of-Hunger.jpg (547KB, 477x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vorinclex-Voice-of-Hunger.jpg
547KB, 477x500px
I want a new block with phyrexia, so I can expand my Clex/Tangle theme Deck.
>>
>>51398382
2015 had the snake guy
>>
>>51398640
>the gatewatch defeat all praetors at once with friendship missiles a la eldrazi titans

every time I think I want to return to a block I just think of this.
>>
>>51398712
But anon the Praetors just created a weapon made to enslave planeswalkers, just look at her decks!
>>
>>51394247
>Secret Tech
Imp's Mischief, Withering Boon, Nightcreep, Seedtime
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>51398795
>80 layers of plot armour

I remember all the uproar when that garruk card of him grabbing liliana by the throat happened.
Imagine if they even considered killing a female character in this game that ain't kosher at all
>>
>>51398285

It's a staple in the mono green Nissa eldrazi edh deck
Wave of Vitriol is also fantastic

>>51398371

here comes the fun police
>>
>>51398999
But Atraxa just wants them to cooperate with her
by proliferating their loyalty
>>
>>51398382
There was >>51398681 and even a mention of a Kamigawan fairy tale by that fox girl in the Eldritch Moon lore.
>>
File: no homo.jpg (255KB, 924x1280px) Image search: [Google]
no homo.jpg
255KB, 924x1280px
Just bought pic related to try and break into the format. Now all I need is friends to play it against!
>>
>>51399368
Get as much control enchantments as fucking possible.
>>
File: WOW.png (251KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.png
251KB, 425x300px
pic related thoughts? my friend usually concedes when I play this (Gisela is the commander) because it usually does about 40+ damage in a 4 player game for 2 mana. He thinks should be banned. He plays almost exclusively tier 1 commanders too like Tasigur.
>>
>>51399419
its not bad, but you definitely need to add in other red enchantments that double damage dealt to players so you can truly stick it to those tryhard faggots.
>>
>>51399341
WHERE
>>
>>51399641
One of the lore blog things they post on their site weekly a few months back. Was the oneintroducing her and Jace or the one after that. Has a tale about Kamigawa and its spirits and demons, one about Mirrodin's Myr and some other one I can't remember right now.
>>
>>51399419
Tell him to go suck a dick.

On another note, I'm really annoyed by people that play commanders like Gisela, Xenagos, Atarka and Saskia at my LGS.

They play a commander that demands a fast game, yet become upset if you don't let them build a board and durdle.

Yeah, your commander isn't tier one, your deck may in fact be bad. That doesn't change the fact that if I let you keep your commander with two other creatures on board I'm going to fucking die. Your 6/6 and 4/4 suddenly deal 20 damage. One double strike buff on the 6/6 and I'm most likely dead.

Especially when they play cards that give double strike or Berserk effects in their deck.

Also another guy at my LGS that plays a Mizzix deck. I killed his commander 3 times one game, he did nothing but complain and got genuinely upset (He is a newer player with a far smaller card pool, so he feels it's really unfair when we target him). The next time he played his commander, I had the possibility to counter it, but I didn't because he would most likely flip out if I did so. Proceeds to play his entire fucking deck the following turn and win. Never ever letting him resolve or keep his mizzix on the board.
>>
>>51401187
and if your deck does fucking nothing because your commander isn't in play and you're not having any fun as a result, that's your own fucking fault.

If the only two modes your deck has is "absolute shit" and "fucking broken" depending on your commanders position, don't fucking complain when people don't let you keep your commander.

Damn, this even reminds me of the guy who made a Narset deck and sat there not resolving his Narset for a +1 hour long game, complaining about how unfun it was because he did literally fucking nothing but wait until he had mana to cast Narset again.

Then the next game he managed to stick his Narset the first time with haste and proceeded to win after taking 4 turns, several extra combat steps and ultimating his Venser twice.

The third game was a repeat of the first one, nobody ever let him attack. Why would you ever play that fucking deck when you are going for a Beer & Pretzels type of casual game?

It wouldn't be so bad if these people didn't get upset when you don't allow them to masturbate all over the table.
>>
>>51401298
I'm poor so a single Boros deck is all I got at the moment. But I love the card so I am not really fussed. I get what you mean about the instant death or useless, but the guy also has a tendency to play control durdle to a point where if you don't kill him fast you can't play at all late game unless you are also playing a tier 1 deck so I have no regrets. It's usually worth it to Gisela, Price of Progress, Reverberate for over 80 damage when I have been locked out of play for the last 12 turns and he's finally tapped out.
>>
I haven't built many decks from scratch so I'm not too great at it. How does this deck look? Is there anything I should change? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-07-16-CZn-zombie-tribal-edh/
>>
>>51401883
What's your budget? There's a lot you can change but most of it would increase the price. EG. Planeswalkers, EDH color staples, better land base, stronger creatures.
>>
>>51401973
Well the thing is I already have most of the cards so I'm not looking to spend too much. The only expensive cards I'm missing are Lich Lord of Unx, Undead Warchief, Lord of the Undead, Death Baron, Makaeus, and Liliana, the Last Hope. The rest of the cards are really cheap things like Zombie Master, Solemn Simulacrum, and Diabolic Tutor. I'd rather not straight up buy Liliana since she's a $40 card and finding someone willing to trade for her is proving to be real hassle. If I can swap her out for something else I will do so temporarily.
>>
>>51401883
Seems OK.

Some of the 1 drops might not be especially good. A 2/2 for 1 with downsides isn't great in commander.

From playing a similar deck I find that cards like Army of the Damned and other slower token makes generally underperform, but sac outlets almost always overperform.

Phyrexian Delver great and cheap.
Phyrexian Plaguelord locks down the board super tight and will make everybody hate you, also cheap.
Gravespawn Sovereign is super fun, but does require a lot of zombies to work.
River Kelpie is some spicy secret tech.
Deep Analysis and Dread Return are both really good, especially with self mill.

Another important thing to remember; I see you're running a lot of hand cyclers. While you can cast zombies from the graveyard, you don't really gain too much benefit from that, especially in a deck that looks like it can tutor for the important pieces pretty consistently.
>>
File: mizzix.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
mizzix.png
135KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-needs-cuts/
Like some anon recommended, I'm converting my Niv into Mizzix. Can anyone help make cuts? I'm probably going to try to pick up and add some buyback spells and the rest of the Firemind's Foresight combo.
>>
How do you justify running a 7cmc+ commander? I want to run kaervek but there's no guarantee of getting him out quick
>>
>>51404011
Strong mana rocks like Thran Dynamo and artifact protection, whatever you can find. Take a look at Daretti and Rakdos lists for some ideas. You also have access to black for sac outlets and recursion for value plays
>>
File: Image-15.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-15.png
141KB, 223x311px
Hi guys, I need some help.
What are some fun ways/themes to build surrak without going into temur goodstuff or dragon tribal?

Also has anyone here tried using Primal Surge as a wincon? Is it worth the trouble to build around?
Thanks anyways :D
>>
>>51404186
Sadly, evasive creatures like dragons are great in Surrak, but if you want to get a bit esoteric, you can try hydras. Surrak making your creature spells always hit means you can safely take advantage of Gruul goodstuff to ramp up and pour mana into them. Throw in storage counter goodness like Silos and reserve cards like Kruphix, and then bust down the door with Surrak's trample. He himself cannot be countered, so it should be easier than you might expect. Kalonian Hydra will wreck worlds. Load your deck with stuff like Negate and Disdainful Stroke to stop boardwipes and take advantage of Yeva, Nature's Herald to flash in huge hydras for tricky blocking.
>>
>>51398999
Well, they killed Elspeth. Theros underworld, blah blah, but nonetheless.
>>
>>51398999
How'd that card cause problems again? I was on a break at that time but whenever I look at it all I see is queen evil bitch herself about to punched.
>>
>>51404297
People got all up in a wad about the "brutality and savagery" of the art. I for one find that to be a strength of the artwork, not a hindrance. While I don't want to see MTG take a 90's Marvel-level of plunge into seriousness, scenes like this really help lend weight to the conflicts that WotC takes such pains to amp up, but always seem to come off as airy and inconsequential.
>>
File: Elesh Norn mtg 2.jpg (87KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
Elesh Norn mtg 2.jpg
87KB, 620x450px
>>51398712
>Elesh Norn ousts Urabrask, takes total control of Phyrexia
>invades whatever plane they're drawn to first
>suddenly Urabrask comes out of nowhere with an army of self-amassed Phyrexians and full civil war breaks out

Shit would be cash
>>
>>51404340
The weird part is if it was anything except a physical attack it most likely wouldn't be a problem.

Jace causing someone to go insane? That's fine.

Chandra melting the shit out of someone? It's cool.

But just because he's actually hitting her (Which is much less terrifying then the other two examples) it's a big deal. It's Garruk. He's a big guy that hits shit and summons big things. The art really reflects what's going on in the story.
>>
Anyone got the discord link
>>
>>51404378
Urabrask's phyrexians are considered "wiped out" along with sheoldred. Elesh Norn is the one who wields most of the power in the hierarchy. Jin is just a nutty scientist and Vorinclex is content just making timmy creatures.
>>
>>51404297
Violence against women
>>
>>51404297
People found the card to be sexist becuase garruk was physically assaulting and dominating lilliana, which in story context makes ABSOLUTE sense and is totally justified.

Wizards still apologized and made new artwork.
>>
>>51404854
doubly funny because the flavor text provides some of the context that justifies the art.
>>
>>51404854
Doesn't stab wound depict a woman bleeding to death? Or is the problem because its garruk smashing lili's face?
>>
>>51404907
The problem is that garruk is a dude and he's directly inflicting violence and threat on a woman.

It's not actually a problem in story context, just enough of one superficially for keyboard warriors to complain online.
>>
>>51404907
Look up the art for Blood Artist. Violence itself is not the "problem", it's armchair crusaders wanting to complain and WotC dodging before MSNBC and Salon write up hit-pieces pulling from /tg/-related stereotypes
>>
>>51404186
goddamn fucking bear tribal
>>
>>51398240
I have one of these in my Eldrazi tron deck, its straight up won me games.
>>
>>51395797
We won't do it because progressive politics. They claim Kamigawa was racist
>>
>>51405407

I have never heard anybody claim Kamigawa was racist.
>>
i'm thinking about building Alesha but it seems like the only win conditions it runs reliably are combo related besides Master of Cruelties. does the weenie beatdown plan actually works?
>>
Are there any cheap ways to give all my creatures haste in BG? I need it for a Mazirek Combo.
>>
>>51405699
Concordant Crossroads
>>
>>51405699
Akroma's Memorial and Concordant Crossroads are the only two options to my knowledge in those 2 colors
>>
>>51405717
Shit I knew about that one but I forgot it entirely. Thank you.
>>
File: azusa-lost-but-seeking.jpg (164KB, 488x712px) Image search: [Google]
azusa-lost-but-seeking.jpg
164KB, 488x712px
Thoughts? I recently turned this from a landfall deck to this. I like the end result. I wanna get the old titans but I need to drop the cash. Mindslaver effects are banned from my playground so no New emrakul.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-12-16-landsdec/
>>
>>51404186
clones and goodstuff, dragon, big creature stuff ,eldrazi...etc etc.
>>
>>51406056
Really don't think you have enough defense. Your CMC is over 5 and Asuza herself is pretty susceptible to removal. Either find more ways to protect your commander/fatties or more rocks. Also, Amulet of Vigor.
>>
>>51406056
I would change a lot of stuff, actually.

You should add a lot more lands or ways to get lands into your deck. Consider something like 44-50 lands and more ways to fetch them into your hand, like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach and so on. I'm goldfishing a bit and it seems like the deck doesn't take advantage of Azusa's ability at all. I play 3 lands and end up with a hand full of 7-drops. you don't need that many big spells.

Also, cut a lot of the "worse" fatties, like Worldspine Wurm and Artisan of Kozilek. These cards are designed to be cheated out, which is why they don't really fit into a hardcasting deck. However, cards that scale off manacost (Genesis Wave) or cards that have cast triggers (a lot of the eldrazi) are better for big hardcast decks. Also, cards like Breaker of Armies seem "nice" and on-theme but they're sadly woefully underpowered in EDH because face smashing 3 other players with 40 life each is kinda hard

I wouldn't be too worried about azusa dying like >>51406223 suggested. You have a lot of other ways to cheat out lands into play, which is smart. Azusa is a good creature to drop and not worry about, just let her die if someone wants her dead, and then cheat out your lands some other way.
>>
>>51406056
>>51406541
also your deck tends to gas out a lot so i'd suggest adding some big draw engines like Mind's Eye and so on
>>
Are obelisks a decent replacement for signets as manarocks?
>>
>>51406223
Considering most games I'll accelerate to turn 5-6 on turn 3. I'm never usually have issues casting anything. Issue more lies in drawing threats. I'll increase the land count but there's no real way to decrease a cmc of this deck and keep it's effectiveness. I'm not going for the competitive Azusa build, just big dump durdly creatures.

>>51406541
I'll remove Artisan but the wurm is a pet card. I've never had issues casting it, thankfully. Plus it's great wrath insurance. Breaker will be replaced once I get the old titans but that's probably gonna be a while.

>>51406593
Yeah, wish I had an extra. Already got one in each of my non-blue deck. Haha. Will probably replace with something more budget, like Howling Mine for now.
>>
File: 98.jpg (65KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
65KB, 336x469px
>>51404752

wasn't Urabrask allowing the humans to hide in the furnaces? Maybe he can actually get an army without phyrexians
>>
>>51406976

>"Red mana was a mistake"
-Elesh Norn
>>
File: stf148_riku.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
stf148_riku.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Relatively new to EDH and Magic in general. Any tips on what I should cut, upgrade, or swap out for my generic Riku deck? Maybe some control enchantments?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kingdom-hearts-2-1/

I feel like I have too much ramp, but I can't tell. Trying to strike a good balance between usable creatures that could be threats, spells, and ramp is tough.
>>
>>51407586
>I feel like I have too much ramp, but I can't tell. Trying to strike a good balance between usable creatures that could be threats, spells, and ramp is tough.

almost every EDH deck I make starts with 10 ramp cards. some decks take less, some take more. if you're not building for ~competitive EDH~, you typically want to build for a high chance of getting a balanced hand that includes all the types of cards in your deck in the beginning of the game. here are some guidelines i use

>if you want 1 of these cards in the first 5 turns, put 5-6 of them into your deck (board wipes, high cmc bombs, etc.)
>if you want 2 of these cards in the first 5 turns, put 10 of them into your deck (ramp, draw, subthemes in gameplan like reanimation or commander synergy)
>if you want 3 of these cards in the first 5 turns, put 20 of them into your deck (major theme stuff, like evasive attackers in an edric deck)
>if you want 4-5 of these cards in the first 5 turns, put 30-40 of them into your deck (lands)
>>
Which cuts should I make for Pawn of Ulamog and Satyr Wayfinder?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/generic-meren-1/
>>
I use Medomai the Ageless as my commander and I found this guy.

Will exiling Medomai allow me to take infinite turns as long as I keep making contact? I think so but I wanted to make sure before I put Identity Thief in.
>>
>>51408294
Due to Identity Thief never initiating the attack AS Medomai, but hitting the opponents transformed, it seems like infinite turns, yes. Suprised that almost no other people have thought of that on edhrec.
>>
>>51408339
That's what I thought. I couldn't find the combo anywhere so I thought it must not work but yeah. It's a pretty decent combo for my budget casual deck.
>>
File: totem.jpg (163KB, 849x477px) Image search: [Google]
totem.jpg
163KB, 849x477px
Did someone say Secret Tech? How about a hexproof Bribery as your commander?
>>
>>51408492
I've actually got a Lazav deck as well as my Medomai deck. Looks like I'm going to be ordering a few cards and pulling out a few tricks.
>>
>>51408294
>>51408339
>>51408349
Your exiled legend comes back and sees the clone still a copy of itself.

The identity thief becomes Medomai when it is exiled. At the beginning of the end step, Medomai returns. Identity Thief is still a Medomai at that point, meaning the legendary rule goes into effect and you have to sacrifice one.

Doesn't work unfortunately.
>>
>>51408576
Aw shit. Still an extra turn for 4 mana and it's a decent card outside of that.

I'll put him in anyway.
>>
>>51408576
So beginning of end step rolls out before end of turn? That region of the phases and steps of the game was always nebulous for me.
>>
>>51408600
apparently "end of turn" effects actually end at cleanup, not the beginning of the end step.
>>
>>51408600
Yeah, the ending phase has two phases. The end step, and the cleanup step.

The end step is when cards that have "at the start of your end step" trigger, and is a each players last chance to get priority that turn (Unless other abilities trigger that you can respond to), so when your opponent passes and you say "at the end of your turn / before my turn, I do X", this is when you are doing it.

Cleanup is when you discard your hand, all damage is removed from creatures, and "until end of turn" effects end. If something triggers as a result (say an ETB from the creature exiled until end of turn), players can respond to that, and the cleanup step restarts once the stack is empty (In case of damage / draw resulting off the trigger, you still have to discard down to 7 and damage is still removed from creatures).

Now this following tidbit has zero effect on actual gameplay, because wizards has worded their game properly, but might be nice for you wannabe card creators out there.
Say you have a creature that deals 1 damage to all creatures on ETB on a board of 2/2s. If you exiled that creature "until end of turn", it would NOT kill the 2/2s when it came back, as the end of turn effect would trigger at the same time as the damage would be removed.
This is why all temporary exile effects say "return at beginning of end step" and not "end of turn", and why a Giant Growth saves a creature from a Lightning Bolt.
>>
>>51408739
I realized that my etb during cleanup example of a trigger happening is a bit flawed since none of those exist, say you have a 2/2 with a giant growth buff when your opponent has an elesh norn and a blood artist in play. During cleanup the creature would die and trigger blood artist.
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
My friend wants some help building a chaos deck, who would you recommend for the general?
>>
>>51409205
Norin the Wary
Jhoira
Nin
>>
>>51409205
Vial Smasher.
>>
>>51409205
Suicide
>>
>>51409205
>my friend wants help building a chaos deck
The help you should give him is more in the form of a swift smack than deck advice. Trust me, no one will have fun with that shit. But, if you really REALLY insist, I'd say Ydris, so you can splash all the non-white chaos nonsense that exists, and by jove there's a lot.
>>
File: carnage-altar-cropped.jpg (125KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
carnage-altar-cropped.jpg
125KB, 464x664px
why is this card not played more often? it seems like it would be awesome in token decks but i rarely see it
>>
>>51394247
My secret tech is Tainted Pact in Toshiro Umezawa.

The deck only has 2 groups of 4 cards which share names (4x Swamps and 4x Snowcovered Swamps), so often times it's an instant speed demonic tutor. Also, I love running the riskier black tutors like Spoils of the Vault, Demonic Consultation, etc.

More secret tech would be Darkness, Tainted Pact (I get the packs), and Sudden Spoiling
>>
>>51409472
Oops, the second mention of tainted pact should be tainted strike.
>>
>>51409442
3 mana is just too much.

I tried to make a really budget janky WB token deck and even in that it was too expensive for what it did.

You're better off playing Culling Dais. It can only sacrifice one creature a turn, and only draws all at once, but at the cost of 3 mana you can usually only afford to sacrifice one thing per turn anyways, and the dais gives you an easy sac outlet to exile, control or simply if you want a death trigger.
>>
>>51409442
It's because 3 mana is a lot. If you only have weenies then skull clamp is leagues better. If you have bigger creatures you use greater good.
>>
>>51409442
Most colours that would want it have better shit. Plus skullclamp is better.
>>
>>51409523
pic unrelated of course.
>>
>>51406976
Urabrask was "sympathetic" to the Mirran due to being red colored, meaning freedom, he then sealed off a large portion of his domain from the other phyrexians. The last known about him is Elesh Norn inevitably wiped out his forces and possibly the survivors as well. Its unknown if Urabrask himself was killed
>>
>>51409543
Any green deck that will be throwing out tokens can benefit from it more then anyone else in the long run, most other players won't bother removing it at first because they have something to gain.

BG will draw a shit ton from it.
>>
>>51409573
"most other players will be stupid" is not a good basis for evaluating the power level of the card. It's also false.

You're putting card draw in your opponent's hands. They'll allow it if they gain more, or deny it if you gain more.
>>
>>51409623
Assuming of course people are going to use removal on it. It's also not hard to put it down when you're about to sac a lot of creatures to draw a ton for 3 mana.

Could very well be my Meta but Enchantment removal makes up a very small amount of a deck, there's a lot of enchantments that are bigger threats then Fecundity.

Also my group does seem to be retarded so I can justify myself playing it, I don't have to make you do the same.
>>
>>51409623

Except them "allowing" or "disallowing" it isn't free, they'll need to actually use resources to remove it and any EDH match will have PLENTY of other shit that people will want to spend their enchantment removal on.
>>
>>51409675
"other cards are better and will draw removal more" is also not a good way of arguing that your card is good.

>>51409672
It actually is pretty hard to play fecundity and then sac in a meta with competent players.

If I see a Ghave player with a Ghave, 1 million tokens, and about to cast fecundity, I'm going to remove ghave in response to the cast and blank the fecundity.
>>
>>51409712
If a ghave player has a ton of tokens he already won, never let him get to that position in the first place.
>>
>>51394247
Secret tech? Well, I run a few neat things.

>Memory Jar in Lazav
It's amazing, and I'm rarely disappointed. I run a ton of wheels, you're pretty much guaranteed 14 cards per player in the graveyard the second you pop it, at least 14 draw triggers, with the added bonus of making any tapped out player completely miserable as they watch 7 cards vanish.

>Crystaline Crawler in Ghave
Amazing, pure amazing. It's usually a 1/1 for 1 mana, but it's also an integral combo piece, generates any colour of mana that you need, and lets you drop a 3-4 drop as well in the same turn.
>>
>>51409712
That's great. I'm going to then use my 2 counter spells and a fireball for 500 out of nowhere.

Theoretically saying "I will always have removal available for a creature and an enchantment" is nice but not realistic. There's plenty of situations where the card's very good and some where it's bad. That's why it's not in every green deck.
>>
>>51409730
1. Just a simple example.
2. No. If a ghave player has just ghave, a million tokens, and lands, the only threat he has is going wide or going tall, both of which are easily stopped in red, blue, and black at instant speed. He needs an additional combo piece in order to truly threaten a player.
>>
>>51409672
>It's also not hard to put it down when you're about to sac a lot of creatures to draw a ton for 3 mana.
Yes it is, because any deck that relies on sacrificing things is going to combo off WAY before they sac a lot of creatures to draw some cards.

Like this anon said
>>51409730
If ghave has enough tokens to make it worth while, it's game over and there's no coming back.
>>
>>51409777
>2. No. If a ghave player has just ghave, a million tokens, and lands, the only threat he has is going wide or going tall, both of which are easily stopped in red, blue, and black at instant speed. He needs an additional combo piece in order to truly threaten a player.
Pants on head retarded. Don't listen to this guy, because he's never played against a competent Ghave deck.

It's easier to get infinite etb/ltb triggers than it is to actually make a reasonable amount of tokens. If there is a reasonable amount of tokens already, and lands, basically anything I top deck is going to end the game, unless you magical christmasland the perfect removal.

You realize Ghave's trigger can happen any time you cast an instant, right?
>>
>>51399325
lewd
>>
>>51409815
So you just agreed with me. You need additional cards, which can be countered, or force removal on ghave in response to those cards being casted.

I have played against ghave decks. They've been pretty lackluster, despite their players describing them as competitive.
>>
File: rakdos charm.jpg (29KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
rakdos charm.jpg
29KB, 200x285px
>>51409730
Why would I care if ghave had alot of tokens?
>>
>>51409782
Alright I can get where you're coming from. I still think there's a place for it in Mazirek deck for couple of reasons.

Mostly because it does what I need it to do without me having to shell out money, I was just posting a card that was better then Carnage Altar (Not hard), I'm not saying it's the best draw ever.

It's proven to help me greatly and that might be because my meta's less cutthroat and has a focus on fun. That's why I have it in there, it's helped me but other peoples experience might vary.
>>
>>51409856
I don't have time for this today.

What you're saying is that you require very specific removal to do anything, whereas the ghave player requires literally anything from his deck to win the game. A sac outlet, a token doubler, a half decent fatty, basically anything, where as you require incredibly specific instant speed removal not to die, assuming he doesn't just swing at you with his fuckhuge boardstate and kill you outright.
>>
>>51409860
Your guild's a shit.
>>
>>51409913
Wow I never looked look at many of the other charms but holy fuck is that bad
>>
>>51409957
N-no Orzhov is the best and every single card with our symbol on it is far better then anything you have.
>>
>>51409991
You misunderstand me, the charm is just bad.
>>
File: 1366247322209.jpg (84KB, 488x789px) Image search: [Google]
1366247322209.jpg
84KB, 488x789px
>>51409913
Rakdos master race.
>>
>>51410049
Rakdos-chan makes my dickall tingly, I think, I need a new commander
>>
alright guys give me some suggestions on this deck, pretty sure there are better cards i could put in here for around the same price. trying to stay under $150

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-goon-squad-1/
>>
>>51410049
Have fun getting your dick ripped off savage. I'll keep my top tier Husbando to myself.
>>
>>51410071
Get big!

I'd take out bargaining table for it. Just seems overly costly to only get on the field for what it does
>>
>>51410136
done, bargaining table was there for card draw but i see your point
>>
>>51409902
>creature removal
>very specific

No.
>>
>>51409957
What?

It's unconditional creature removal in a format where life barely matters, a nifty instant speed resurrect, or can save your creatures to reuse ETBs. It's a pretty nifty card m8.
>>
File: newizzetguildmember.png (14KB, 680x217px) Image search: [Google]
newizzetguildmember.png
14KB, 680x217px
>>51410105
Literally pic related the guild.
>>
>>51410298
I've seen this pasta for years and years and I still have no idea if the author was being unironic or not.
>>
>>51410250
>It's unconditional creature removal in a format where life barely matters
While true in WB, they already have access to the better unconditional kill cards

>A nifty instant speed resurrect
Limited to only grabbing 1 cmc or less creatures, not the most ideal creature recursion

>Or can save your creatures to reuse ETBs
The only truly useful aspect of it but again depends on the deck.
>>
So one of my buddies wants to get a proxy for doubling seasons and lands.

Now I can somewhat understand the lands because it is a bummer buying the same duals if your decks overlap but he is including the "Beta Duals" or whatever that are way more than any card our group would ever consider using.

I feel like proxies for things like Doubling Season will only serve to boost the powerlevel of our group to the point of no fun.

We have been growing our decks together so everyones stronger decks are $350+ on tapped out.

He also mentioned proxying tutors and such which I think is a direct route to No Fun.

It feels like a can of worms, what are some good arguments against them?

Like will he only get "real" proxies that look like cards or will I have to face decks that have 60 swamps with permanent marker editing.

The problem also is that I have been playing just a bit longer than the rest and am much more autistic with my deckbuilding. I've traded up cards and bought cards when they were low in hopes of value later.
>>
>>51399419
run both in saskia deck
so much damage
>>
>>51410362
>While true in WB, they already have access to the better unconditional kill cards
Actually, this charm is about on par with the non path/swords removal for w/b. 2 mana, unconditional. That's better than Murder imo, which is the bare minimum power level I'd suggest.

>Limited to only grabbing 1 cmc or less creatures, not the most ideal creature recursion

Actually, the 1CMC is full of power houses or relevant cards. Serra Ascendant, Weathered Wayfarer, Goblin Welder, Disciple of the Vault, Crypt Feeder, Viscera Seer, Kederekt Parasite, Phyrexian Dreadnaught, Thoughtpicker Witch, Shadowborn Apostle. If you curve appropriately, your deck will have plenty of one drops.

>The only truly useful aspect of it but again depends on the deck.

The 2nd best aspect of it.
>>
How do you guys feel about gold bordered cards? Are they acceptable? Or only if their normal alternatives are not that expensive?
>>
>>51410490
ive never actually seen one so i wouldnt know
>>
>>51410490
they're not tournament legal so the concept of playing them in the most casual kitchen table game format in all of MTG would be ridiculous
>>
>>51397771
Anon, Slivers are functional in EDH, but they simply aren't fun. For an Eldritch Abomination deck, go for the Eldrazi tribe, using Emrakul, the Promised End as the Commander. It's super fun. Also it might take you awhile to get used to Magic from Yu-Gi-Oh! - I know from experience.
>>
>>51410375
The only cards that we proxy in my playgroup are Sol Ring and that is mostly because the majority of us have 5+ decks and no one wants to buy more than a playset of the stupid thing that is damn near mandatory in the format.

We also have a player that makes proxies for flip cards but thats only for the new flipwalkers and thats because she doesnt want to ruin the cards by unsleeving and flipping them each game.
>>
>>51410375
Proxies for cards less then $10 and for Commanders is our rule.

Helps stop people from just playing the best of everything and it feels wrong not being able to build the deck you really want because the Commander's expensive.
>>
>>51410484
>this charm is about on par with the non path/swords removal for w/b
Except that you lose life and nothing can stop them from upping the toughness if possible, also doom blade is considered the bare minimum black instant kill, despite not being able to hit black

>If you curve appropriately, your deck will have plenty of one drops
And that is only if you draw them and they manage to die/discarded/mill

>The 2nd best aspect of it
Depends on how its used. The charm is still mostly lackluster compared to other except the janky mono color charms
>>
>>51399368
You don't play that deck against people, you play it along with others for great fun!

Then you mill the sons of bitches. Mill them like the sluts they are!
>>
>>51410543
Isn't that backwards? It's not like kitxhen table magic resembles tournaments in any way.
>>
>>51410709
I'm not certain but I think he was joking.
>>
How should I build my manabase when my colors are widely disproportionate?

Let's say I have 10% red, 40% blue and 50% black devotion. Should I go as low as 10-20% lands that produce red mana or should I stick with around 33% of each so that I can cast my commander more reliably?
>>
>>51410863
Fetches and Duals if you've got money. They make color balance much less of an issue.

If you don't have them, then lots of low cost card advantage from blue/black, and roughly 40/40/20 blue black and red, respectively.
>>
>>51409550
Atarxa's lore specifically mentions him being alive.
>>
>>51409523
>saffi erikdotter
>that card
>draw your entire deck on turn 4
>>
>>51408294
It's still a copy when Medomai comes back into play and forces you to sac one. If you can return it from the graveyard and give it haste each turn, or if you can recast Medomai or somehow get it back in to play every turn, then yeah it'll work. Maybe use Vanishing to phase out the clone each turn before Medomai comes back in?
>>
>>51410863
You have to look at which color is most prevalent in your <4 drops too. If those are mostly red, then you'll want to run a lot more red manasources than just 10%.
>>
>>51410990
Source on that. All I can find is it says when she was captured all the praetors besides urabrask did the process of compleating atraxa
>>
>>51410994
>9/25/2006: Saffi can target itself, but it won’t return itself to the battlefield. It will already be in the graveyard when the ability resolves, so the ability will be countered.
>>
>>51410375
Casual mtg is pay 2 win as fuck, proxies just start an arms race

My playergroup has the house rule that you are allowed to play proxies of cards you own at least one real copy of, and that it has to be a proper proxy that is recogniseable from across the table
>>
>>51411194
>"The praetor Elesh Norn honored the angel's tenacity with the blessed gift of Phyrexian compleation, inviting other praetors to contribute. Urabrask DECLINED" http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/its-time-talk-commander-2016-edition-2016-10-26
it's very hard to decline something when you're dead.
>>
>>51411194
Urabrask's forces were killed along with the survivors. She also wiped out all of Sheoldred's forces, but Sheoldred is still around. They were presumed dead until this story confirmed they were still kicking, and Urabrask is still bitter.
>>
>>51409957

I like Rakdos and Boros and the rest are shit.
>>
>>51411281
And it also says sheoldred is alive and well, this had to happen prior to karn being liberated and the in fighting to start since according to the lore Norn wiped out both Sheoldred's and Urabrask's forces, I know it doesn't mean they're dead.

>>51411357
And ezuri was considered alive and well when we left new phyrexia, but his shit changed with C15
>>
>>51411373
Golgari is prettt ok too, regenerating all your creatures in a pinch is useful.
>>
>>51410317
probably legit. teenage years are usually things to be ashamed of.
>>
>>51411373
>rest are shit
>shittalking Izzet and Azorius
Oh c'mon
>>
>>51411598
Just the charms is what he is talking about I think.
>>
>>51411609
Yeah I mean the charms, Izzet and Azorius are pretty playable too.

My fav Charms in EDH are Crosis and Sultai though.
>>
>>51411609
I'm pretty sure we are all referring to the charms. Personally I like rakdos, abzan, and gruuhl. Orzhov is just the worst one
>>
>>51411275
This. It's okay to want consistent power across your decks, but you need to be reasonable and show that you own real cards lest you nuke the group. I lost a great playgroup due to two guys getting into a competition and ending up with horribly oppressive"$1000" control decks smashing a meta of precons and 7 cost commanders
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
Whats the best Brago deck? i wanna get crazy value from mana rocks and ETBs
>>
Alright, so I was trying to make Sky Pirate works, and this is what I came up with. thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kari-zev-edh-1/
>>
>>51411748
Oppressive stacks and control with the infinite combos to win.
>>
>>51409205
wanderer or ydris probably.
>>
>>51411431
It didn't have to happen before Karn got up. Karn left Phyrexia, the infighting seems largely over since at this point it seems Elesh Norn is still the leader, which didn't happen until after the war.
>>
>>51412064
The infighting only happened after karn left since he was the "leader" after he was freed, Norn was the first to take advantage. Jin is/was content performing his experiments to achieve the perfect phyrexian and Vorinclex is praticising darwinism with his creation. Urabrask was fine being secluded as well since he was different from the others and Sheoldred did all the original phyrexian stuff
>>
>the 2017 precons are mono-color with new versions of each Praetor, including a possible new black praetor from the League of Black Assholes Who Wanted to Be In Charge

Would you buy?
>>
>>51412591
While I like the idea, I don't want more monocolor commanders
>>
>>51412591
>the 2017 precons

No, I have been waiting for rakdos and gruul precon far too long.
>>
>>51412591
i hope not. mono-color commanders are so hit or miss and i don't trust wotc to handle them. besides, we just had a bunch of monocolor commanders with aether revolt and some of them are even good!

however, i do like the idea of reseeing praetors, but maybe just have them be 2-color instead. it'd be cool to see a pissed off rakdos urabrask or a majestic azorius elesh norn
>>
Is there a place to get Breed Lethality starter at a reasonable price? Because I do not wanna spend 60+ on a Structure deck.
>>
>>51412591
Actually, I hope 2017 is Allied colors with 2 mono-colored partners by deck.
>>
>>51412659
Then dont and just buy the singles you need like a smart person...
>>
File: invaderparasite.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
invaderparasite.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51412790
I would need all of them, wouldn't I? I don't have any cards to play. Wouldn't it be around the same price if I bought the deck individualy if not more due to shipping?
>>
>>51412896
Not all of the cards in the precon are worth it. You can put a better deck together with singles from tcgplayer for not much more just by making small upgrades.
>>
>>51412659
You can check out your lgs if they aren't blowing the price way up or even target and wal-mart carry them for retail but this guy>>51412790 is right. If you want start off with a decent commander deck without the exorbitant prices, the 2013 ones are still around retail when I last checked
>>
>>51398542
take your meds, anon
>>
>>51412879
I use burning earth and mana barbs with that to really put out some mana tax, then mana casche to play games with people
>>
>>51413105
avatarfagging sperg lord detected
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
So i made my second edh deck and melek is my man. Ive decided to make some red blue artificer bullshit. That does stupid red blue things and scrys a lot for mely. But thats not the point. The point is to cheese myself up to 30 mana in one turn and play spawnsire of ullamog to cumblast 200 eldrazi onto the battlefield, then evacuation them all back to hand, and time reversal them into my deck so finally i can stroke my glorious wizard beard, play down battle of wits, and watch people lose their shit.
>>
>>51413436
see >>51410298
>>
>>51413436
Reminder that you have to talk to your playgroup about Spawnsires ability. His 20 ability pulls cards from outside the game which is technically your 15 card sideboard, but EDH doesn't have sideboards. If you want to use your entire collection (200) you need to tell your playgroup.
>>
>>51413505
gruul here. all the other guilds are bitches pass it on.
>>
>>51412650
Two color praetors would be an interesting twist. Further infection of color away from the purity of the machine. The real seeds of Phyrexian downfall.
>>
>>51413505
Izzet just makes people autistic. Have you seen their guild leader? Hes a dragon, thats fueled by memes.
>>
>>51413634
where can i find lore on the praetors? i'm just looking at the wiki and the descriptions of them seem very brief. what does mono-colorness have to do with phyrexia?
>>
>>51412879
Really good with flicker / panharmonicon / reanimate spam.

Love him in Feldon
>>
>>51413745
Look up lore on Yawgmoth and Phyrexian itself.
>>
>>51413599
Seconded, gruul smash.
>>
>>51413637
I completely agree. Also, even if they weren't autistic, izzet players are the worst to play against, because their decks will inevitably try to take 20 minute turns that only have a 75% chance of winning.

I don't mind infinite combos in the least. Somebody plays a combo, demonstrates the interaction, asks for responses, and if there are none, the game is over. It takes 30 seconds. Storm is the most annoying win condition to play against because after 20 minutes of card masturbation, there's still a significant chance they can't win, so you have to stay in.
>>
>mfw my Mikaeus decklist has now paid for itself with Magiccardmarket Referral bonuses
>I only added the referral link about 6 months ago
>could have had it up for 4-5 times as long
>>
>>51413842
God fucking damn, i swear people dont know how to think out their turn when other people are going. Its just like fucking chess or tetris to a certain degree.
>>
>>51410652
>The charm is still mostly lackluster compared to other except the janky mono color charms
I think you are underestimating it a bit too much. It's more narrow than most of the other guild charms but it is definitely better than the Gruul, Simic and Dimir charms.
>>
>>51414329
Permanents you control gain hexproof is way better than any mode on Orzhov, c'mon now.
>>
>>51414353
"Destroy target creature and you lose life equal to its toughness." is much more useful. That mode alone makes the Orzhov charm great. It could have been the only effect of the card and it would still be a decent card.
>>
File: 130.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>51414391
hurr durr
>>
>>51414456
>nonblack
try again
>>
>>51414464
Still goes to show how shitty Orzhov Charm is.
>>
>>51414485
you didn't show anything
>>
File: 4eVHmtuiXC_EN.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
4eVHmtuiXC_EN.png
177KB, 265x370px
>>51414464
>>51414496
>sorcery speed unconditional kill is better than orzhov charm

Just let it go man.
>>
My friend wants us to build tiny leaders decks. What are the most fun and/or degenerate things you can build for a reasonable budget in this "format"?
>>
I play Transcendence with Zedruu, can anybody recommend me a good engine in WUR to sink excess life into? I'm already pillowforty enough, but either I can't get down below 20 or the opponents outright kill me
>>
>>51414504
that's like saying Exile is better than Swords to Plowshares
>>
>>51411748
go ahead and just stop talking to your friends now
save yourself the money
>>
File: Image.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>51414568
Look here I'm just going to keep baiting you with kill cards because you won't stop being a faggot about accepting people don't like your shitty charm and its clearly getting to you
>>
>>51414507
Leovold for most degenerate.
>>
>>51414639
Nothing's getting to me. If you think Parting Thoughts and Defeat are better than Orzhov Charm you're just a shitposter and I have nothing to prove to you since you're probably just acting like a jackass out of boredom.
>>
File: terror.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
terror.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>51414687
>you're the idiot who won't let go a post that I initially got mad about because nobody will agree with me on orzhov being the best charm

All you have to do is stop replying but I know you're a starving shitposter so you won't.
>>
>>51414740
fucking love this art
>>
>>51413895
The fuck is a referral bonus?
>>
>>51414828
>put link to card selling website in decklist
>people that follow the link and register, or that use your profile name when registering, count as referrals
>first purchase and sale they make, you get 50% of the amount they spent in store credit, up to €5
>also 15% of what they spend up to €10 per month is given as store credit
>>
File: derevi.jpg (58KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
derevi.jpg
58KB, 360x500px
>>51411748
A friend has him as his commander all I want to play against him is pic releated
>>
>>51413895
Fuck I wish Canada had something like that
>>
>>51415056
stop posting CCG cards
>>
>>51411748
Flicker fun without being >>51411777 so you don't lose your friends like >>51414589 said
>>
How much more broken tolarian academy than gaea's cradle?

Personally I think the wealth of 0 cost artifacts compared to 0 cost cretaures, also the fact that U mana is slightly more valuable than G mana, makes tolarian a lot better, but my playgroup thinks either they both or neither should be banned
>>
I've been thinking about upgrading an old generic artifact-based deck into a token-based artifact deck, with stuff like Indomitable Creativity and Proteus Staff to generate value.

What are some of the most efficient artifact token generators? I was thinking about having Breya at the helm so I can have stuff like Marionette Master and Disciple of the Vault along with the goodness of Jeskai artifacts.
>>
>>51415290
A guy in my playgroup once brought up that he didn't think Tolarian Academy should be banned, since Cradle wasn't. And it wasn't selfishly motivated, since he never plays blue.

We basically laughed at him for the remainder of the game night.

Not only are there tons of cheap artifacts compared to creatures, said cheap artifacts ALSO generate mana, without summoning sickness, and are in the color that can use said mana to instantly refill their hand with twice the number of cards that they spent (as each manarock basically adds 1 extra mana) or worse.

I showed him a scenario where I had a hand full of manarocks and one of my lands was a tolarian academy and did a turn one Stroke of Genius for 10 after emptying my hand and he shut up.
>>
File: Gonti, Lord of Luxury.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gonti, Lord of Luxury.png
126KB, 223x311px
>You may look at and cast that card even if Gonti leaves the battlefield.
Wow, I like Gonti a lot more now.
Any spicy synergy with him? So far I have blade of selves, conjurer's closet and rescue from the underworld.
>>
>>51415407
Sounds good to me man, build it up

Disclaimer: doubt it will be an "upgrade" to a normal artifact deck
>>
>>51415443

Right yeah I agree

One of the guys in the playgroup said that that scenario shows that mana crypt and mox Opal are broken as much as it shows that tolarian academy is broken, but I agree with you
>>
>>51415506
Erratic Portal
>>
File: Slobad-Header.png (588KB, 733x420px) Image search: [Google]
Slobad-Header.png
588KB, 733x420px
> just built and really like slobad.
>go to read his lore
>epic tale of different times in his life, meeting other legendary creatures and fighting memnarch
>gets every limb amputated, is used to turn the plane into a spark-transferring machine to make memnarch a planeswalker
>time passes
>memnarch and glissa kill each other at the same time as the spark machine goes off, slobad is the only recepticle.
>HE BECOMES A MOTHER FUCKING WALKER
>meets karn, is offered apprenticeship
>instead he "sacrifices his spark" to restore all the lives lost on mirrodin by memnarch trying to farm a spark.
>"kinda dumb, but cute. I'm glad slobad had such a great li-
>see the category underneath titled "Death"
>it's a few lines long.

> unceremoniously trampled to death shortly after the above events by hordes of goblins

What the fuck was that? ?

Source: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Slobad
>>
>>51405461
he could be referring to asia being anal about their respective cultures being mixed together

or in simpler terms asia hates when people say that they all lookalike
>>
>>51415704
Man, his death was sobad.
>>
File: 1414731670119.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1414731670119.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>51415754
>>51415810
>>
File: Foil Kozilek.jpg (834KB, 1920x1241px) Image search: [Google]
Foil Kozilek.jpg
834KB, 1920x1241px
Okay, last time I posted my all foil Kozilek (trade-only, no purchases) deck, I got asked to post a picture of the deck. So here we go!
Unfortunately no proper camera at hand, so mobile camera it is.

Swapped out over a dozen cards since I posted it last week.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kozilek-the-glaring-distortion/
>>
>>51415506
Tawnos's Coffin
>>
>>51414740
Best kill spell simply because of the art. I run it over better alternatives.
>>
>>51415704

Being a Goblin is suffering.
>>
>>51416267
>>51415810
>>51415704

Two of my commanders have the canon death of being eaten
>>
>>51415506
mimic vat
>>
>>51416405
>exile gonti into mimic vat
>opponent krosan grips my vat

fucking rip
>>
>>51415905
Whats going on with your sol right there buddy?
>>
>>51416405
Gonti has to remain exiled with mimic vat for it to work, right?
If so I probably wouldn't want to use it.
>>
>>51415737
All Europeans look alike to whites (except to racists that are obsessed with every tiny little detail), why can't Asians own up to it?
>>
>>51415905
>playing cards with gook moon runes on them

disgusting
>>
>>51415506
Blade of Selves
>>
>>51417217
Woopse, cant read. Carry on
>>
>>51415506
Minion reflector
>>
>>51415506
Nim Deathmantle

Probably with ashnods.
>>
File: 1485388984860.jpg (231KB, 869x943px) Image search: [Google]
1485388984860.jpg
231KB, 869x943px
>mfw all but one of my commanders is canon evil in lore
>>
File: id=394335.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
id=394335.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
What do you guys think of scour?
>>
>>51417719
Mono B can finally deal with enchantments. That aside its a good removal card for anything that isn't hexproof/shrouded
>>
>>51417719
Why does all colorless removal have to cost 7 or above?
>>
>>51417815
>spine of isk sah, Argentum armor, unstable obelisk, the more recent universal solvent etc..
>>
>>51417815
Colorless can ramp faster than green so why not? who the fuck knows anon
>>
>>51417858
>>51417815

Universal solvent costs 1 anons

:^)
>>
>>51417815
It seems like that's the number they chose for this shit. Solvent, unstable obelisk, aids. 7 mana, the lot of them.
>>
>>51417887
Argentum costs 12 technically if you wanted to use it the same turn, my point is colorless removal is extremely costly mana wise.
>>
>>51415506
panharmonicon
>>
File: 20170126_204051.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170126_204051.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I have this precon that my friend gave me for my birthday. What should I do with it? Thinking about breaking it down and making an Alesha deck.
>>
>>51418754
Start by playing it, faggot. You don't just strip a precon for parts before playing it a couple times.
>>
>>51417815
>why are effects that don't fit into a given color's portfolio overcosted?
>>
>>51418779
Most of the 4 color decks are pretty much an unplayable mess out of the box. I don't know why you want this anon to play it so badly.
>>
>>51418999
But colorless isn't a color anon :^)
>>
File: Upheaval.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Upheaval.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Man, the rules committee is so dumb. We nebver look at the banlist but I just checked and saw that this shit is banned, but Sunder/Annihilation etc aren't. Shit, I've even dropped my own Pongify on my Bearer of the Heavens, which is legal.

Why is Sheldon such a baby.
>>
File: 1f4.jpg (18KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1f4.jpg
18KB, 500x286px
>>51419041
You sure Sheldon's the one being a baby?
>>
>>51419086
Yes
>>
>>51418779
not him but saskia is garbage out of the box
>>
>>51419041
>upheaval is banned
>cyclonic rift is not

ya you still keep your lands with rift but its so one sided and game ending that keeping the lands doesnt matter
>>
File: chronatog.jpg (26KB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
chronatog.jpg
26KB, 270x240px
>>51419008
>>51419137
>be in /EDHg/
>pretend you're above playing garbage decks
>>
>>51419183
Yes, but no one in their right mind is stupid enough to play a garbage 4c deck with an unplayable manabase. Atraxa precon is pretty strong, but if you take the blue out and make it ghave, it's far stronger.
>>
>>51419173
>>51419041
The reason Upheaval is so powerful is you, as the caster, get to float mana and replay all your mana rocks. So you're not set back on mana all that much. Everyone else is. They're back to turn 0. This is fucking huge and potentially way more powerful than anything you can achieve with Cyclonic Rift.

If you cyclonic rift the table, they still get to replay all their shit. And get all their ETB triggers and value. It's a backbreaking spell, especially if timed properly and/or played over and over again through shit like E.Witness. But it's no Upheaval.
>>
>>51419183
ya i am actually above playing garbage because im not a retard who enjoying playing objectively bad decks with god awful mana bases, 3 card draw spells, and 1 board wipe. its actually disgusting how bad the saskia (and most of the 2016 decks honestly) is built. there is a reason why the deck is barely 25 dollars on a good day
>>
File: paradox engine.png (176KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
paradox engine.png
176KB, 265x370px
>>51419250
>This is fucking huge and potentially way more powerful than anything you can achieve with Cyclonic Rift.
paradox engine begs to differ
>>
File: 1482964541708.jpg (187KB, 760x933px) Image search: [Google]
1482964541708.jpg
187KB, 760x933px
>had a bad day
>now money is burning a hole in my pocket
Fuck anons, what should I buy to fill the gaping hole in my life? Preferably something frivolous and unnecessary, but not bank-breaking.

I'm that drunken anon who got too drunk off stupid smirnoff ice raspberry coolers and bought a single Bayou instead of a whole pile of essential things that I need to make good decks.
>>
File: Chancellor of the Annex.full.jpg (46KB, 240x340px) Image search: [Google]
Chancellor of the Annex.full.jpg
46KB, 240x340px
>$0.50 bulk rare
>literally under a buck for SIX FUCKIGN YEARS
>has recently skyrocketed to 12 fucking dollars.

What the fuck is going on? I don't follow modern or any format but EDH.
>>
>>51419372
It's being played in legacy reanimator decks to lock down the board t1, usually instead of an iona or elesh norn on a budget.
>>
>>51419372
pretty sure legacy uses that
>>
>>51419372
>legacy is only played by people with more money than they know what to do with
>card becomes useful in legacy
>stores spike the price up to an arbritary number because legacy players will buy it anyway.
>>
>>51419797
legacy will die completely pretty soon anyway
>>
>>51419348
Another bayou. Or underground sea, they are all only going to go up.
>>
I want to build Oona faerie/rogue tribal. What's the best faeries and rogues to use?
>>
>>51420302
I was thinking a foil consecrated sphinx might be cool. I really want one of those fancy judge promo elesh norn's, but I have no idea where I could use it, particularly since I have a regular elesh norn sitting in my binder.
>>
>>51419854
people have been saying that for almost a decade my man.
>>
>>51421283
and the format has been steadily losing players for that decade. pretty much no one lays it anymore
>>
i think this is the first time i've been satisfied with a deck in a long time.

am i terrible at deck building? overlook the prossh hate for a little bit

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/za-jundo/
>>
>>51421339
where do you get your facts because as far as I know legacy is receiving a huge influx of modern players who are fed up with modern. two stores near me just added legacy nights where there was only one doing it before. any place that does proxy legacy has a full house too.
>>
>>51421397
>proxy

you mean not real legacy

fucking casuals man
>>
>>51421460
(You)
>>
>>51421340
You might want to put in a bit more nonconditional ramp like Explosive Vegetation. Tax control decks like Brago or Marduchesa will roll you otherwise
>>
>>51395797
>>51405407
They aren't being overly PC this time, that's wrong.

The actual reason is because the first set was a huge failure and they don't want to use the word "Kamigawa", it invokes bad memories that could reduce sales. In hindsight a lot of people love aspects of it, but the actual format at the time caused a lot of players to quit the game.

MaRo actually said they'd possibly consider another similar world (Japanese/Asain themed) and do it right this time, but it wouldn't be called Kamigawa. But even the Japanese theme is an uncertainty.

It's similar to same for Lorwyn, all planes have humans now because Lorwyn did so bad they believe it was because human players had no humans to connect with. So we won't be going back there either.

Are you maybe confused about Tarkir's original name, Mongseng? That was a worry about racial issues.
>>
>>51417815
Because every colour can patch it's weaknesses which is pretty much never okay. So high cost to keep it feeling fair.
>>
pretty unrelated but edhg has the coolest regulars. is there anything like an mtg lore timeline? Or anything more easy to digest? mtg salvation has dates and shit, but its hard when one article has 55 different references to events you didnt know had already happened at that point.
>>
>>51421795
I was in the same boat. I wanted to learn about the Praetors but it was indecipherable nonsense. Start with the major characters, and follow their timelines. For example, Urza might be a little early, but reading about Karn and the Weatherlight will give you a good introduction to mirrodin.

I still don't know who the oracle en-vec is, other than someone sort of related to Greven En-Vec, who also killed Volrath.
>>
>>51421795
you really think that? i find a lot of regulars here to be pretty insufferable honestly. god forbid you play things out of their hug box idea of the perfect meta
>>
>>51421875
regulars =! shitposters

meta shitposting affects all MTG threads, friend
>>
>>51421875
Yes, but I'm pretty sure you're that "Iona did nothing wrong" guy who argues with that one resident turbo autist, so we have to take your opinion with a grain of salt.
>>
>>51421865
Im currently reading about phyrexia, and oh boy is it a mess. Ive read about urza and the weatherlight before but it was a long time ago, maybe its due for another read.

>>51421875
Thats any general, man. This is the only general where you can ask mtg shit without being directed to a different general. Not to mention, with commander having arguably the highest amount of viable individual cards, you can ask and find out lots of cool shit. I couldn't ask the modern legacy about the lore of mercadia, but i'd reckon a few people in edhg would at least point me in the right direction.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Has anyone here built him before? Any tips?
>>
>>51422052
Conspiracy.
>>
>>51421921
I'm an Iona apologist and I will stand firm in saying that what she does is a fair effect for 6WWW. You have no room to bitch about a hard-casted Iona. The other times she pops up are because you're playing against a Kaaliafag or Reanimator deck, both of which have their glaring flaws.
>>
>>51398240
>colored permanents
CHEK UR PRIVLAGE!
>>
>>51422069
I honestly didn't plan on adding more than maybe 4-5 non-atogs honestly. I have Xenograft tho.
>>
>>51401883
i wouldn't put a Skullclamp in, everything will be getting powered up for the most part.
>>
File: 1478919217280.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1478919217280.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
most secret tech
>>
>>51422093
I'm okay with Iona. I'm building a legacy reanimator deck, and i realized very quickly that it's not quite the prophecized bomb everyone thinks it is. I mean, you either snipe a monocolour and instantly win, or you automatically pick blue and pray they aren't running any good removal.

That being said, Elesh Norn is some oppressive bullshit. I'm not sure why more people don't complain about her. Maybe it's because you can still use removal on it in a monocolour? Still, fucking horrifying if it has any sort of protection on it.
>>
>>51422144
God I want banding to come back. Trample needs its foil just like all forms of evasion.
>>
>>51422052
You'll want to build him two ways: tribal or Tron. If the former, get general tribal goodstuff and some recursion for your generally-cheap Atogs (I recommend Shared Animosity and Sun Titan), and strong sac triggers for the latter (Grim Haruspex and Dictate of Erebos). Since you'll be hardcasting your sac fodder, you'll want a good bit of ramp (maybe something like Cryptolith Rite due to the go-wide-ish nature of Atogs and Druid's Repository since you'll be attacking quite early). You may find some draw problems that can be patched up with blue pretty easily. Just make sure to bring some indestructible givers. Atogs' main weakness is their cannibalism theme, so getting wiped will pretty much shut down any hope of you getting a sac train going.
>>
>>51421626
It doing badly has to do with three things.

1) It was right after Mirrodin, the second most overpowered block in the games history, after Urza block.

2) It was right before Ravnica: City of Guilds, one of the best blocks ever released.

3) None of Kamigawa's mechanics played well with EITHER of these blocks, and were in fact very parasitic, despite Champions of Kamigawa being one of the best goddamn draft environments ever made.

Seriously, everyone I have ever talked to who actually played during Kamigawa block loved the world and the lore. What they didn't like was the parasitic nature of the mechanics.

Basically it's Wizards being dumb again. It was in fact voted in the top 5 in the "Planes we would like to go back to poll" with the Top 5 being

1.Innistrad
2. Lorwyn
3. Dominaria
4. Kamigawa
5. New Phyrexia

Bare in mind this is pre-SoI.
>>
>>51422052
Tron with a lot of anthems
>>
>>51411748
Panharmonicon with a side of Secret Voltron.

Just run goodstuff value that doesn't rape the entire table with lockdown/no-fun-allowed effects and steal ideas from Daxos to build a "surprise, it's voltron" deck.
>>
>>51422917
>>51422917
>>51422917

migrate whenever
>>
>>51421626
>all planes have humans now because Lorwyn did so bad they believe it was because human players had no humans to connect with
Jesus this is so stupid. Humans and dragons are the most boring types and yet they get printed in every fucking set.
>>
>>51408590
And you can always throw in mirror gallery and a few other clone effects.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.