[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on Microlite20? If you don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

What's your opinion on Microlite20?

If you don't know what it is, it's the d20 System, as in 3.5/PF, I KNOW I KNOW LET ME FINISH, but stripped so far down to the bare bones that all that's left is a rules light system with no feats bloat, no class bloat, 3 ability scores, 4 skills, some spells that only do basic things. That's it.

It has a slew of expansions, both "official" and community made, including modern, scifi, and OSR stuff.

I'm thinking of using it for the character side of a scifi/mech game. Is it any good?
>>
>Only 3 ability scores

Yes, let's force Fighter/Rogue/Wizard even harder
>>
>>51391278
Thanks OP, gonna read this next break.

>>51392366
What if all 3 need all 3?
>>
It's pretty good, I've used it before to run small games on the side. Wizards and clerics still dominate of course but it's still ripe for tinkering away with.
>>
>>51392529
>Wizards and clerics still dominate of course but it's still ripe for tinkering away with.
What if there aren't any Wizards and Clerics?
>>
I'd like to revive some old modules from my collection but my new group of players are completely allergic to rules. This might be good but I wish there were more to balance all that magicky nonsense... maybe only allowing certain tier classes or gestalt?
>>
>>51392402
Than consolidate them. The purpose of attributes is to illustrate the differences in the very nature of characters.
>>
>mech game
>using a chopped-down 3.5 when Battle Century G exists
for what purpose
>>
>>51395341
retardation, obviously
>>
>>51391278
Might as well go freeform or ultralight / alternative.
>>
>>51394904
No, classes already do that.

Attributes, when done correctly, should be used to make members of the same class different.
>>
>>51394904
Try reading the system before commenting further.

>>51395341
Because BCG is geared towards setting where the PCs start with their awesome unique special gundams from the start, treating them like PCs who earn XP and improve right alongside their pilots, the systems biggest flaw is that it doesn't work for VOTOMs like settings where the mechs are just tools and the PCs will have gone through a dozen and a half different machines by the end of the campaign.
>>
>>51392620
What if you just played something else? What if OP wasnt a faggot? What if I sucked my own dick and did a little dance for with to of because .?
>>
>>51391278
Microlite 20 itself is FINE. How much the official site pushes the Rules Cyclopedia over the actual orginal Microlite 20 is terrible and misses the entire point of the system.

Though I complained about it on Twitter and they said they were gonna change it. So if they did, then I have no problems with it.

I think d20 is inherently something I don't like, I appreciate it being streamlined and easier to use.
>>
>>51400335
*but I appreciate...
>>
>>51399579
Use Chris Perrin's Mecha then. I ran a Dougram inspired game in it and worked just fine.

Something to note though is that combat is meant to be treated "to the death" on rare circumstances. Not like you won't kill enemies, but combat is more centered around capture points. This is basically so that recurring villians/rivals can be a thing since they're so common in mecha stuff.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.