[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I run a game featuring a party of mutant samurai in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hobo_armor.jpg (246KB, 1280x1358px)
hobo_armor.jpg
246KB, 1280x1358px
How do I run a game featuring a party of mutant samurai in the post apocalyptic warring kings period? I have a party of players interested in playing honorabbu freakazoids.
System options? Tips for getting that weeb flavor right? Anywhere I can get particularly good mutation listings?
>>
Bumping for interest, are you going full samurai or is it mad max with swords mixed in?
>>
>>51390158
It's going to be more samurai than mad max.
Technically ronins, really.
I am hoping to go for a healthy mix of the two, but I really want to preserve all the far east bullshit.
>>
>>51390347
You're going to need polities, I think. For the far east court politics, if nothing else.

Granted, that could just be some sort of super gangs too big for their britches, it being the post apocalypse and all. Glorified warrior leaders and retainers that only administrate to the extent of 'pay up, bub, and we'll murder the other guy instead'.
>>
>>51390549
oh, no, there's going to be like, countries and shit. Lords and rice paddies and all that. Though, given the scope of such an adventure, you may not ever run into even more than one. Who may be the villain, if you want to run it that way.
I'll probably do some other storyline though.
>>
>>51390572
But there'll be court politics, right?

And bandit kings?
>>
>>51390725
Sure!
However, as the players will be wandering ronin, actually getting into courtly shit is up in the air,
Bandit kings will play a prominent part in any wanderings, however.
>>
>>51390775
>>51390725
Though, I'm going to be honest here.
This is basically going to be some kind of fever dream mix of thunderbird fantasy and caves of qud, with a sprinkling of more classical governance in the background for adventures to happen in.
>>
How crunchy do you want your game?
>>
>>51391558
Medium light?
Actually, medium heavy, complex samurai shit and mutations are both pretty heavy I think.
>>
>>51391571
Mutations can be very rules light e.g. atomic highway, various effects you decide together with the gm how it looks like, you gain when gm sees appropiate or from the start.
What 'samurai shit' do you want? Different fighting styles?
>>
>>51390063
>How do I run a game featuring a party of mutant samurai in the post apocalyptic warring kings period? I have a party of players interested in playing honorabbu freakazoids.

Go watch yourself some Into The Badlands and some Incorporated, then pick up Legends of Wulin.

... then do storytime.
>>
>>51391591
I'm keeping most of the architecture and fighting styles. Also a heavy sprinkling of the culture, fixation with honor, and whatever I happen to see in various karate wuxia movies.
>>51391596
I've never looked at legends of wulin. How heavy is it?
>>
>>51391591
>>51391610
oh, and more direct answer:
Different fighting styles would be grand, yes.
>>
>>51391625
I have no idea how to do mutations with wulin but it might suit you for your samurais. I dunno. Only game I played that really varies fighting styles is Street Fighter. You could totally do samurais with a few tweaks tho. And definately use fan material by vampiro penguin, im on my phone but you could find that with google rather easily. Not really the best for post apoc and mutations.
>>
>>51391705
I'll give it a looksee next time I can find a copy, I suppose.
I am sure I can somehow merge mutations on top of an existing samurai system.
>>
>>51390063

Make it fist of the North Star but with punches replaced by swords
>>
>>51390063
TMNT.or After the Bomb.
>>
>>51391762
That could actually work, didn't think of that in my advice
>>
>>51391762
>TMNT
that's an rpg thing even?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.