[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been writing a modern DnD 5e setting, and could us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: I SMELL FUCKBOIS.gif (7MB, 641x482px) Image search: [Google]
I SMELL FUCKBOIS.gif
7MB, 641x482px
I've been writing a modern DnD 5e setting, and could use help filling it with relevant items and things.

I'm using the Modern Magic UA, alongside this article detailing armor ( http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/my-new-d20-modern-campaign )

Suggestions?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>51387712
>fuckbois
please stop appropriating Dirty Pair, tumblr
>>
File: 48-redrum.jpg (95KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
48-redrum.jpg
95KB, 600x728px
>>51387712

what are some details for this setting? Are you doing Shadowrun with the serial number filed off? Is it some kind of modern day real world except MAGIC!

Give us the deets.
>>
>>51387712
What is that gif from? Kinda looks cool, like the robo.
>>
>>51387770

Modern day real world, magic is kept secret from the rest of society, I guess imagine Supernatural styled adventures of hunting monsters and treasure while running from cops and cultists. Humans only, too.
>>
>>51387731
>7mb gif
>tumblr
>>
>>51387832

Dirty Pair

>>51387849
Lame, but it's your game and as long as your players are having fun that's fine.

I would say test out the armor rules by having their characters do "mock" fights and see how it works. If working in setting say it's part of a super VR game where they totally arn't actually fighting monsters and are protected from being killed by some wizard.

This way you can get your game moving and see how things work without having to make any real investsments in the story line or possibly set parts of the story in motion.
>>
>>51387884

Its at their request, not my thing either. I like your idea though.
>>
>>51387884
Oh, I just looked up Dirty Pair. Never mind, I don't like this one bit at all. Please scrub this from my brain.
>>
>>51387936

It's an idea I've been floating for a while as I consider whether or not I wasnt to go all in and buy the books.

I was basically taught this way when I did mock fights to learn how to play VtM so I figure it's a good way for noob/scrub DMs to get a handle on how different ideas work and have a fun side thing the players have.

Essentially a multi-versal carnival where all things across all settings exist and allows you to test out whatever in any environment with any number of variables and a psudeo story to help keep the players interested with potential rewards that can carry over into actual settings.
>>
>>51387940

Watch Cyber City Oedo and bask in the cheesy 80's cyberpunk with psionic vampires and cyborgs.
>>
>>51387712
Good thread, this is definitely relevant to my interests as well.
How are you using the classes? As is?
What other mechanics are you using?
>>
Motherfucking bump.
>>
No love for this? It's a crying shame.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.