[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright let's say I wanted to build a game about a large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1443034167513.jpg (57KB, 429x408px) Image search: [Google]
1443034167513.jpg
57KB, 429x408px
Alright let's say I wanted to build a game about a large group of space cowboys.
What are some faction names?
Planet names?
>
>>
>Neo-Texan Confederacy actually a representative democracy
>Old Earth/ New Earth with the Rio Grande Nebula between them
>Space Tijuana
>>
>>51378772
Space Reno
Space Boulder
Space Kansas City
Spaceklahoma
Space Juarez
Spacizona

I'll take my payment in cash, thank you.
>>
>>51378772
Watch Firefly OP
>>
>>51378772
The Void Congregation
Militant Subsector AR35
The Colonies of M4TT3R Preservation
Children of Light (galaxy with more than one sun or a really big one)
The Frost Colonies
>>
The group is composed of rogue cowboys and disullusioned ex military who steal a space station and begin outfitting themselves with military weaponry while also keeping the traditional cowboy look (dusters over armor, cowboy hats, revolvers, bullet belts) and start raiding government ships in order to steal weaponry and supplies to give to farming colonies who want to rebel.

They're instigating a rebellion but at the same time they are also interested in trying to form their own lawless nation.
>>
>Ghost Riders
>Magnificent Seventy Seven
>Hell's Horses
>Rough Riders
>Bebop Brigade
>>
>>51378772
>The Bebops
>The Triguns
>The Outlaw Stars

You'll wow them with your subtle references!
>>
The Rangers
Desperado
The Marshals
The Hanging Judges
The Six Guns
Braves
Outlaw Suns
The Coalition of Frontier Planets
The United Core Systems

I could keep going if you'd like.
>>
>>51378772
Space Ar-kansas.

But every tenderfooted carpetbagger east of the Mississppi Astroid belt calls it Arcansaw.
>>
If this goes any further south we're gonna hit Space Mexico!
>>
And don't forget the Space Mormons!
>>
File: novakid_by_johnsu-d60elgg.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
novakid_by_johnsu-d60elgg.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51378772
What you should start with is a few questions.
Unless they're literally herding/raising Space Cows, what are they herding out there?
Why is it that they chose to take the life of a Space Cowboy? Are they outcasts? Are they looking for a bonanza? Are they on the run from the law?
Why are they dressed the way they're dressed? If they're in the middle of a tropical forest with constant rain and humidity and little sun, no one's going to be wearing a ten gallon hat with chaps. If this is literally space, why are they dressed like cowboys? Either justify it or figure out what they're actually wearing.

Think about these ideas and you should get names that are organic and interesting instead of just shoddy references to cowboys and space cowboys.
>>
I seem to recall that Kansas City is actually divided between two states. Maybe you could have like a space station that is jointly owned by two different cultures and governments. That would probably work quite well with bordertowns all across the southwest, like El Paso, Brownsville, and various others.
>>
>>51378772
New Zihuatanejo
>>
>>51380580
I agree with this anon. Instead of just having a straight copy of a sterotypical cowboy will run into problems. Cowboys were as varied as the livestock they ranched. You had the Texan Cattlebarons, the Californios who were freedom fighters and did alittle more farming, Vaqueros from mexico, and all the other various cowboys from South America and Central America- like Brazillans who practice slash and burn techniques and force out the local Indians. There were a form of ranchers in the Andes, I have a friend who actually makes a living owning Alpaca ranches in the Andes mountains. And just recently I learned that there is such a thing as Hawiaian cowboys who have the craziest open toed boot I had every seen.

tl;dr OP, just look at various ranchers from around the world to get a good flair for how "cowboys" act in different enviroments.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.