[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which system would be a good fit for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R roleplaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1484421468770.png (352KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484421468770.png
352KB, 878x900px
Which system would be a good fit for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R roleplaying game? It's emphasis on exploration and factions makes me wonder if it can make for a good home-brew.
>>
>>51375858
GURPS
>>
>>51375875
I can see that, especially with adjustments to make will stats more important due to the prevalence of psi fields and emissions.
>>
>>51375858
Well i kind of accidentally a custom stalker system. Still got some work to do, but mostly complete.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNtCcGwlddsWHllWVJvMVlodnc/view
Will answer if you got any questions.
>>
>>51376205
I love the images you use in this, and it's really comprehensive. Just wondering though, how will psi and emission protection be handled?
>>
>>51376354
i'm still compiling the Game master Stuff, mostly because it's just notes for my game. Since i'm using Shadow of Chernobyl as a base, the Psy protection is still being developed by the scientists. So there is none. The party is testing the prototypes right now. The emissions are once every 3d6+6 days, mostly a timed puzzle forcing players to find cover. and then they faint for 4d6 hours. If not, then party wipe.
>>
File: C275VDJXEAAF09x.jpg (76KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
C275VDJXEAAF09x.jpg
76KB, 600x596px
>>51376432
Ah ok, That makes sense. Still this looks really good anon. I guess you're also compiling the stuff on the monsters stats. Still you've done a great job.
>>
>>51376472
Do you plan on running a game?
Here's a part of the GM stuff if you want to take a look.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H_3wSdPG5SgxlmoSQU3RaoIOl7EX27dOZIutiFeD7cw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Stolker.jpg (72KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Stolker.jpg
72KB, 1200x900px
Bomp
>>
Have you looked at the Burger Games STALKER RPG?
>>
What was that ultra-hard RPG based on stereotypical Vietnamese firefights, where it was highly unlikely your PC would survive more than three firefights? Contact, Recon, something like that?
>>
>>51379035
There's Grunt, which from my reading of the rules isn't quite that lethal, but its a Vietnam RPG. Recon is another Vietnam RPG.
>>
>>51376664
Possibly
Also nice trips anon
>>
>>51375858
GURPS with After the End and Psionic Powers. Just hand-wave blowouts with people making increasily penalized Will rolls until they get to cover/die.
>>
>>51378427
I've not read that, only played, but I think it's more akin to the movie and book, focusing on groups of Stalkers going in and out of the zone in search of loot and stuff.
Rather than big factions inside the zone, with basically no easy way out, like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>>
File: savage stalker.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
savage stalker.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51375858
There was a homebrew for Savage Worlds.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.