[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one of my players literally sent me this as a character reference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0567.png (633KB, 603x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0567.png
633KB, 603x733px
>one of my players literally sent me this as a character reference for what his character would look like in our GURPS game and emphasised the skull mask thingy

Do I just outright say no? I mean, I don't really don't want to be associated with this kind of cringey shit...
>>
>>51375843
It depends on what the setting and tone of the game is, and the personality of the character.
We have no actual information to make a decision on, work on it.
>>
>>51375843

Is the player 15 years old?
>>
Weeelll that charachter is really a double agent, and secretly the man the counter-terror force was looking for. It could be cool in a character way if the player was also secretly the bbeg. As for the skull mask, well most cultures depict death as a combination of animal and skeleton, so the deathmask thing is probably his sense of 'cool'.

All of that said, CoD is stupid, and i regret buying it in my youth, but at least it isnt the healer dressed in the crows mask plauge doctor shtick...
>>
Is it a military campaign?

If so, just suck it up, at least he hasaid a character concept. And while a little cringey, the character archtype this represents is professional, goal oriented, and a team player. These are things you'll appreciate as a GM.

Let the player be Supar Kewl Oper8or because Gaz and Ghost were both bro-tier characters, better than Soap
>>
>>51375930
>gaz fanboy
You need Soap to wash off that stink
>>
File: IMG_0568.jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0568.jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw OP has a problem with that character sheet
>probably wouldn't mind this
>>
>>51376030
Anime/Manga is cancer, what else is new
>>
File: 96735ae27e923224602e2a7ffb31d55d.jpg (197KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
96735ae27e923224602e2a7ffb31d55d.jpg
197KB, 1920x1200px
>>51375843
>Do I just outright say no? I mean, I don't really don't want to be associated with this kind of cringey shit...
Ghost is fucking awesome, and having a skull-mask does not automatically make one an edgelord. If you're concerned, probe his mind for more details about the character and get a better picture of what you're working with.
>>
File: 1415647641148s.jpg (2KB, 125x102px) Image search: [Google]
1415647641148s.jpg
2KB, 125x102px
>>51375843
>I mean, I don't really don't want to be associated with this kind of cringey shit...

Believe me OP, your players feel the same way about you. Everybody is into something everyone else at the table thinks is retarded, but everyone is also there to have fun. Fun requires a suspension of the autistic impulse to bitch about things other people like but you do not.

Let the guy have his doot doot operator in peace, and he'll tolerate whatever you bring to the table later on.
>>
>>51375843
You can buy those for $5 at a local costume shop. And you can stat that as a character Flaw similar to Shadowrun's Distinctive Style.

>>51376030
same except if player wants the ears to be a bio-mod, they'll be more expensive obviously
>>
>>51376083
>and get a better picture of what you're working with.
Pun not intended
>>
>>51375843
It's a generic operator with a mask, boo hoo?

Just be glad your party member doesn't default to "pansexual chaotic neutral psychopath" with lolrandumbXD attempts to be deadpool or Harley quinn.

Good God I wish I was hosting that game so I could kick her out.
>>
>>51375843
He's from a doujin, be on guard for any magical realm.
>>
File: stupid.jpg (81KB, 687x369px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.jpg
81KB, 687x369px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.