[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever run an RPG where the players are the entire crew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pilot__sized_l.jpg (73KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
pilot__sized_l.jpg
73KB, 400x406px
Have you ever run an RPG where the players are the entire crew of a small starship? Like a systems engineer, pilot, captain, ect.
A space adventure like interstellar but less sappy sounds like it could be really interesting

It sounds like it could be really cool but I have no idea how to make running the ship interesting besides telling people to roll skill checks when problems occur.
>>
File: 1462635690341.jpg (95KB, 564x839px) Image search: [Google]
1462635690341.jpg
95KB, 564x839px
>>51370819
also post cool space suits if you got em
>>
>>51370819
If you want to make the shit more interesting, check some of the space superstition threads, create a sailor like mythos for things you should and should not do aboard your ship. And make sure the captain pisses on the wheel before take off, it's a must.

Also, because it's space, mix in a little horror, like the lost cosmonauts coming a knocking'.
>>
>>51370819
Will checks.
LOTS of will checks. Make em roll dice even when nothing is happening just to get your players paranoid. Pass lots of notes around, separate them frequently. Try and get them to believe that the others are plotting to kill them.
>>
>>51370819

Hey OP, what's your pic related?
>>
>>51370857
>that tentacle sneakily slipping over the pod
>>
>>51370819
I've dabbled with the idea of a game in which the players are important members of a small starship shared with a handful of NPC's. It's an idea I keep going back to but don't know which system I can convince my player's to learn.
>>
>>51373532
Run it in Traveller, they just have to roll d6's and make choices in character generation.
Run it in Stars Without Number, they have to roll 3d6 for stats and a d20 for everything else, like in D&D.
>>
>>51370819

Watch more Star Trek for ideas.
>>
>>51370819
Even though they're in command of tens of thousands of people, Rogue Trader plays a lot like this. Each class has their own role on the ship like Captain, Navigator, chief engineer, Weapons control etc. The crew are basically just one of the hit points of the ship, and what you throw into melee combat every now and again, the players are generally pretty separated from them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.