[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird magic item ideas thread mostly intended for D&D 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Weird magic item ideas thread
mostly intended for D&D 5e but other systems and editions are welcome

I'll start :

King Bee : An especially fat bumble bee in a jar. when released it goes after the nearest creature, stinging it for 1 damage (+1 to hit) and immediately dying. upon death 2 more need spawn from its corpse that have the same ability and target. the bees only live for 1 round and don't spawn more bees if they don't sting anyone.

justice ham : a delicious slice of cured ham gives an entire day of nourishment if eaten, unless you've committed a crime within the last year that you have not served time or paid your fines off for. if so you feel sickened for the next 24 hours unless you confess your crimes, and must make a dc 14 constitution save every morning or continue being sick.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>51370338
The Bag Of Several Rats.
It's bag with d4+2 rats in it. While these rats are in the bag they're in stasis, not requiring food, water or air, and are impervious to damage from the outside.
If the rats are released from the bag, new rats appear in the bag at the next sunrise.
All these rats are otherwise entirely mundane.

Some say it's really just a poor man's Bag Of Rat Holding, but the two can be combined to great effect
>>
Living Rock
A rock that is alive, cannot move or think
>>
Tome of slug calling. When you read this book all slugs within 10 miles will begin moving toward you. They will only move while you are reading. The book is 1,000 pages long but you can start over again. Slugs move at a speed of 5 feet every three rounds.

THIS BOOK DOES NOT SUMMON SNAILS

SEA SLUGS ARE A KIND OF SNAIL
>>
>>51370338
.... If I knew what the latter did it'd be pretty useful on a low level pallie.
It's like an easy, albeit slow, way of finding evil-do'ers.
>>
Hat of McGuffin: This ugly, purple hat possesses unlimited power, with a few caveats. 1st the hat is stubborn and needs to be convinced to do anything 2nd the hat is immediately recognizable and desirable to literally anyone who sees it or hears it, it will not change it's form 3rd no one else's magic works on it
>>
Green Detector: This wand will vibrate whenever it touches a green thing. Mostly used by female Orcs.
>>
Mimic Arrow: Looted like a regular arrow and looks exactly like one. Every time the owner takes a long rest, the mimic eats 1d8 arrows in the quiver. It can be shot like any other arrow, but cannot break and will do and additional 2d4 poison damage and apply the poisoned condition.

If anyone attempts to dispose of it it will become hostile and bite that player for 1d6 piercing and 2d4 damage and apply the poisoned condition, unless a con save is made, in which case the bitten player will receive 1d6 piercing damage and 1d4 poison damage.

If the arrow is fed a pound of meat every long rest, it will forgo eating any other arrows, and will be able to coat up to 10 arrows with it's toxic venom, increasing their damage by 2d4 poison damage and applying the poisoned condition to the target. The con save for the poison is 16.
>>
Do you want useful stuff? Or shit made by a novice enchanter with no real use?
>>
>>51373197
Both
>>
Hollowed Noise, requires attunment by a bard

This is a stringed instrument which never seems to hold it's tuning. While playing it, the character knows how to make odd tunes that distract the enemy. Once per long rest, if a creature succeeds a saving throw with this instrument as the focus, you can have that creature fail instead as the distracting tone slips the magic by their defences.

Obviously legendary resistance trumps this items effect
>>
Gift of Charity, weapon (any) - This weapon becomes a +1 weapon if it is given to you by another character who has had its time with its magic. The magic lasts until you complete a long rest.
>>
Trollface Loincloth - Once per long rest when you drop to 0 hitpoints, you may use a reaction to spend a hit die as long as the damage wasn't from fire damage. A foul odor follows you despite your level of hygiene.
>>
Beggars Glory - Fingerless gloves made of an unfamiliar material. While wearing them, you exist comfortably in any environment between -50°C to +50°C as long as you are rubbing them together. Additionally, you can create a tiny dome of force around you that lasts for 8 hours. The insides of the dome are dry and of a comfortable temperature. However, it does not protect against outside creatures.

These basically look like a pair of hobo gloves
>>
Mirror of Weaping Children - The cries of famished children emanate from this mirror. Looking into it, you see a younger, orphaned version of yourself staring back at you with hollow eyes. As an action, you can summon a Homunculus with those exact features to perform one task for you before its body shatters like glass and reappears in the mirror. It can refuse to do tasks it deems too dangerous, and it is wise to most traps.
>>
Band of Anxiety - This is a strange metal band stretches and otherwise doesn't behave as a metal. While wearing it, you can make ambient negative emotions attack a creature you can see within 60 feet. This attack uses your charisma modifier and does 1d6 psychic damage. A creature damaged in this manner has disadvantage on the resulting concentration save.
>>
File: scabbard1.jpg (206KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
scabbard1.jpg
206KB, 760x596px
>>51370482
Definitely doing this for my campaign, I love stuff like this that the players have to work hard to find a use for.

Also including a sword that makes a louder scream the faster you swing it, and pic related.
>>
Wand of gravity shift

Roll 1d6 to determine in which direction gravity pulls. 1 = normal, 6 = up, 2 = north, 3 = west, 4 = south, 5 = east.
Affects 10 feet in all directions.
Magic users can specify which direction at the cost of one 1st level spell being cast.
>>
>>51372543
Wait, so in what way is it alive? I mean, I understand the point is pointlessness, but I'd at least have it able to think. Makes it funny if someone gets telepathy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.