[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halt, knave! Tell me lowly commoner, what virtues should a knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Halt, knave!

Tell me lowly commoner, what virtues should a knight possess? Should knights be soldiers for the king? Champions for the people? Or should they be exemplars of a nations virtue?
>>
>>51357268
To justify keeping their heads on their shoulders, knights should be devoted and dedicated warriors first and foremost. After all, a knight who's not a soldier is just a privileged pencil pusher undeserving of his social status. In other words, guillotine fodder and rightfully so.

As such, their virtues should simply be the virtues of a good soldier: loyalty to either the nation or the crown not as a person or group of people but as a concept (an injust order is to be ignored or even defied), discipline and courage, and a will to battle tempered by compassion and love for your fellow man. After all, even in the most just war your opponents are just people who are trying to make ends meet and civillians are always caught in the crossfire. You're not expected to prevent this (you're no miracle worker), you're expected to make this as bearable as possible.

Add to that the virtue of the ideal noble: as counterintuitive as it may be, it is humility. The realization that you were born into a certain caste not because you deserved it or because you're better, but by chance. The knowledge that your privileged status is pure coincidence which has nothing to do with you as a person or even you as a warrior should be humbling, and incite sympathy for those who were less blessed by destiny.

These virtues also make for good husbando's and waifu's
>>
>>51357268
They should have succeed like wicked cool armor.
>>
>>51357268

Most noble knight, hear me and take these words to heart, for they art the truth and nothing but the truth. The most noble virtue a knight may possess is the ability to mind his own damned business and leave us lowly peasants to our fields! Now, go, get off my land! I'm no damned Serf and I've got a right to it!
>>
>>51357268
A knight's code is a code he should build for himself. Whatever that entails, whatever it means to him, whether it's piety to a god or devotion to a king or dedication to a lady, it should be a code that he lives, breathes, and is willing to die for. Anything less than that disgraces the title of "Sir Knight".
>>
>>51357268
Depends on the setting, great knight.
>>
>>51357268
>what virtues should a knight possess

Prowess, Courage, Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Faith, Courtesy, and Franchise
>>
File: 1442531270429.jpg (130KB, 1303x1975px) Image search: [Google]
1442531270429.jpg
130KB, 1303x1975px
>>51357268
A knights foremost duty is absolute devotion, the preservation of dignity and virtue, and the protection of well-being of his/her lady/princess/queen/duchess/etc.

If a knight fails in this duty it his their alternative duty to find vengeance/recompense if applicable and to live on suffering and in disgrace for failure.

As long as the knight has not failed in their first duty it is the secondary duty of the knight to have the largest codpiece around.

Also fuck-up serfs.
>>
File: 1448726102088.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448726102088.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>51357537

These are *literally* the Chivalric Virtues.
>>
>>51357268
Valor
Diligence
Loyalty
Humility
Wisdom

Valor, Diligence, and Loyalty are obvious but many knights forget about humility and wisdom. You have to remember that you can be wrong and to learn from any failure.
>>
File: 1445166543548.jpg (37KB, 269x294px) Image search: [Google]
1445166543548.jpg
37KB, 269x294px
>>51357268
>what virtues should a knight possess
Looking swag, first and foremost. If you look like a hobo, no one will take you seriously
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.