[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a weirdly autistic moment, /tg/ So in my last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (232KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232KB, 280x200px
I'm having a weirdly autistic moment, /tg/

So in my last session the party decided to go to a mysterious cave to rest and recuperate after a nearly fatal encounter. Unwittingly they stumbled into a den of trolls, but we'd been going for a long time so I called the session.

Considering they are at the brink of death and went to a clearly designated encounter zone they are probably going to get their asses handed to them. Though I had the thought that instead of straight up dying, the trolls could potentially capture some of them if things swing that way.

The kind of folklore level of malicious trolldom? Taking the bard for their wife, tying the dragonborn down to use his breath attack for a furnace, stripping them of their gear and forcing them to watch the troll kids, cutting their hair or slapping them around to serve drinks. Even though this would be described only in fleeting paragraphs while the rest of the party presumably mounts a rescue, the idea of this kind of undignified treatment is weirdly unnerving and uncomfortable to me for some reason or another. Would "Ah sorry man, you die, bring in your backup" possibly be preferable
>>
>>51355753
The trolls could always be asleep. You can give your party enough time to rest/realize what's up before they get floored.
Your idea of capture could also work, but you better have some idea on how they can escape without dying. Something like "give us our stuff and we'll go get a thing for you, big fellas!"
>>
>>51355753
>clearly designated encounter zone

this isn't a video game

Either way there are many options.

1) The trolls aren't ready to fight. It's a feast or something, they're eating and drinking and are not watchful and thus easily hidden from
2) Copy the Hobbit, the PCs have to trick the trolls or evade them
3) Do your idea - the trolls capture the silly small people and make them work
>>
>>51355802
>clearly designated encounter zone
Well, what I mean by that is that I've been dropping hints that there's something unusual about the area. For some reason animals and people go nowhere near the place, in spite of it being a beautiful area of bustling nature with ripe fruits and whatnot. Kind of a fae/troll thing, where the two trickster races have decided to tolerate each other for mutual benefits
>>
Don't do the 'take bard for their wife' thing

The rest of it seems fine, if a bit humiliating
>>
>>51355802
4). Turns out the trolls just want shoes.
>>
File: fakkinshoes.jpg (67KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
fakkinshoes.jpg
67KB, 854x480px
>>51355878
>>
>>51355852
You wouldn't need to tie the dragonborn down either, not like he can keep the breath going. Just have him light it once.
>>
File: 1414323449449.png (787KB, 1322x2528px) Image search: [Google]
1414323449449.png
787KB, 1322x2528px
>>51355753
>den of trolls
You know what you have to do.
>>
>>51355802
>this isn't a video game
I don't think he was being literal when he mentioned it was a "clearly designated encounter zone." In most wilderness games there is an understanding that caves are often bad news. Most intelligent creatures would see a cave as decent shelter
>>
File: 1459016826875.jpg (31KB, 252x509px) Image search: [Google]
1459016826875.jpg
31KB, 252x509px
The Trolls have found something, something important, perhaps mystical in some fashion.
But they have a problem, they don't know how to use it- but they're pretty sure someone in the Party might know how.
Unfortunately for the party they're very suspicious of their every action, and paranoid they'll get away knowing they have this -thing-, or worse that you'll use it against them.
Work up the splendor, then have it turn out to be something simple like a charcoal stove or a tea-kettle.

or

The Party goes to sleep in the cave only to find that several other adventuring parties are camping out this location for some reason.
They're all there to accomplish different goals and are incredibly skeptical of each others intentions.
One of the parties turns out to be the resident Trolls who are afraid they're about to be killed by a bunch of violent murder-hobos and do their best to fit in.

or

The Trolls do their best to try and troll the Player Characters. They have set up their cave to be misleading, full of traps and illusions and only plan to ambush the PC's once they've gone through their fun house labyrinth.
Perhaps they dress up like the characters and mock them safely out of reach, or maybe you end the session with them finding the exit only to say "As you walk out, you fall through a trapdoor and end up in a familiar room".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.