[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever ran a Dead Space or just a space horror game? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: WeaponSlider.jpg (38KB, 670x360px) Image search: [Google]
WeaponSlider.jpg
38KB, 670x360px
Have you ever ran a Dead Space or just a space horror game? How did it go?

Bonus points for trapped on scary ship.

General Space Horror thread.
>>
File: History.jpg (81KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
History.jpg
81KB, 640x905px
>>51345780

I've been playing with an idea for a space horror game.

>Tell players it's a hard sci fi space exploration and investigation set in the year 2070
>Players should be scientists, engineers, medical professionals, and mental health experts
>They board space craft bound for Alpha Centauri to relieve a team there
>They get into stasis
>Wake up 200 years later
>They're not the only ones aboard the ship
>>
>>51346121
I hope you went full Pandorum on them anon
>>
>>51346549

Haven't run this yet. Just an idea I've kicked around. I think it'd be really hard to sell this to some of my players though.
>>
>>51346577
Spin it around as them being part of securities against mundane stuff like drunken staff members, thieves and people getting on each others' nerves a bit. They may become less wary about the game if you ease them in a position where they can start with some authority and the false idea of security in the form of a firearm. Then have them face something way above their league.
>>
>>51346647
I like this. I ran a campaign where the players were a space first responder team to deal with other ship malfunctions and stuff. Ran about three basic missions where it was serious but natural issues, engine blowouts, power outages, serious astroid damage etc.. Then I kicked the campaign into overdrive by having the next ship they went to repair be infested with alien Parasites. Players brought all their repair gear thinking it was Ion storm damage, which also explained the lack of communications from infested ship. We all had a super intense and fun time until the party eventually died through some terribly bad luck including a cargo crate being dropped on players head.
>>
ran a space horror game using a /tg/ dude's homebrew system. Went like pic related.
>>
I have one that I want to recontinue. It was purely homebrew but the players were into it and it got pretty far -and- farfetched. Again, lazy players to blame and I don't want to do it with some roll20 or, worse even, gamefinder players.
>>
>>51349153
As I read this I realize I repeated "the other characters, terrified..." twice in two consecutive paragraphs, so please try to ignore that.
>>
>>51346121

Even if you didnt want to go for a Horror game this could play like Under Siege and the party has to snatch every mother fucker birthday to survive.
>>
>Space hulk deathwing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.