[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw the players decide to be the bad guys in a sandbox setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: time masters.jpg (769KB, 1426x1200px) Image search: [Google]
time masters.jpg
769KB, 1426x1200px
>mfw the players decide to be the bad guys in a sandbox setting

I love my players right now. I gave them a chance to help a man who stole his wife's soul from the clutches of demons and they've decided that Hell will surely pay better than he will. They'll pay even better if the deliver this guy and his wife's soul back into their clutches.

And now the party is working out how to trick them into getting out into the open where the devils can scoop them up.

So rarely do I see evil beyond the scope of "Stab the fucker, take his mints" but the moment when the players went from "Hell might pay a bit better than this guy to get their stolen property back and get their hands on the one responsible" to "This is some Princess Bride, True Love shit this guy is trying to pull. Hell will pay OUT THE ASS to fuck up this shit" just gives you all sorts of evil warm-fuzzy feelings.

>tl;dr:
>Times your players did evil right.
>>
One of my players played a lawful evil tiefling and another played a lawful good human cleric.
They grew up together and were best friends. They had the same enemy throughout the campaign to keep them focused.
Their interactions were great. Quite a lot of fairly generic "bicker, bicker, bicker - Team up bro stuff when it matters F*@K Yea!"
But it was a grand old time.
>>
>>51340592
Gotta love the LE+LG team ups. I've done that before as a LE warlock with a LG dwarf paladin. The rest of the party was kinda spineless and prone to overthinking every thing they did so there were plenty of times where we had to go "Fuck it, we know what the right thing to do here is."

It helped that the paladin was kinda stupid so he never questioned when things went horribly wrong. Like the time I accidentally destroyed two small island nations with a tide of zombies while saving my character's wife.
>>
>>51340660
It was fun when the cleric took his eyes off the warlock for 2 hours to deal with wizard bullshit and the Warlock lead a revolution, killed the Archduke, put another tiefling friend in charge and was made high commander of the city state.

>"So now I'm the Lord Commander. How did your thing go?"
>"Had to kill the Archmage."
>"Again? That's two now right?"
>"They keep being traitors!"
>"So when I kill someone in their seat of office 'It's Muuurderrrr' But with you it's justice?"
>*pinches bridge of nose "Just..." *hand on shoulder "...good work." *walks away.
>"...Oh no! You do not get to 'better man' me here you dick!" *goes after him.
>Guard "Do they do this often?"
>Halfling rouge PC "All the time."
>>
>>51340915
Arch duke was also super evil. Should have mentioned that.
>>
>>51340915
I'm now imagining this as a buddy-cop drama and I don't think I can stop myself.
>>
>>51340392
Playing a LE Fighter/Thief in 2E. First dungeon ends with an Ogre, rest of the party hang back to let me and the Paladin do the heavy lifting, we get stomped but come out on top.
Paladin uses Lay on Hands to heal me. DM to Paladin: "As you channel Heironeous' grace into your companion you feel a horrific sense of loss."
Paladin's now a level 1 fighter whose low on hit points. Freaks out and attacks me for "my treachery." I kill him in self defense.
FF to: Paladin's asshole church puts me on trial for murder. The rest of the group intervenes, from everyone's perspective I justifiably acted in self defense. High Priest detects evil and says "fuck the law." Moralfaggotry has angered fellow players who point out that by acting in contravention of the Law the High priest has to fall also. He freaks out and attacks us. The part stomps the shit out of a Church full of Heironeous' followers.
FF to: The King gets involved he's fed up with all this shit, tells everyone involved to behave themselves, including the Lawful Stupid clergy. Brokers a deal that we'll make sure the Lawful Stupid Lathander cleric and paladin we killed get resurrected.
FF to: A year or so later in-game. Paladin is back. He can work with me but he won't heal me. The high priest faceplanted when he got resurrected by attempting to straight up murder me. Everyone is fine with him being dead now. We crawl through a dungeon at level 12 or so, which ends up with us getting our hands on the Holy Avenger for the Paladin who is badly wounded. We promise to deliver the Holy Avenger to the church of Lathander. On the way the fuckers attack us because "the sword has fallen into the clutches of evil" i.e. my happy ass.
Wizard gets fed up with this shit: "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu." DM and Paladin's player look on in helpless horror as the Wizard makes a deal for Pazuzu to unleash a horde of demons to destroy every temple of Heironeous in the kingdom in exchange for us handing over the Holy Avenger.
>>
>Pirate game
>One of the PCs gets sent to the Locker
>Another PC in his crew goes down after him in a huge epic story arc through trials and tribulations, seemingly to rescue him
>At the finale, she backstabs hime and intentionally leaves him there, revealing she only came down to get his sword, but to really rub salt in the wounds she even takes his ship as well which she doesn't even plan on using, leaving him adrift in the underworld
>Now the biggest threat on the high seas from her quest

We had one PC who was arguably more evil, but but definitely not so grandly evil, and impacting upon the setting.
>>
>>51342658
>PC betrays PC

I can't wait to hear you out on this trainwreck.
>>
>>51343918
Technically that PC was dead, like she could have not gone down after him and he would have remained dead. It was like an added bonus after credits scene to his life. The funny thing is that she never actually said she was going to rescue him, so everyone including him assumed that and he was looking forward to possibly getting to come back to play again. Only at the finish line to realize the truth.

Neither of those are my character though, and I'm not the DM. Betrayal and plotting among us is fairly common though, since it's a competitive game not a cooperative one. Or well, it's a faction based game, so if factions are opposed then so are the PCs.
>>
File: 1443997752340.jpg (70KB, 840x950px) Image search: [Google]
1443997752340.jpg
70KB, 840x950px
>>51343981
>since it's a competitive game not a cooperative one
>>
>>51344210
>Paranoia
>>
>>51344374
>Implying anyone wins at Paranoia
The only thing you can expect going in is that someone is everyone is going to die, the question is how and why.
>>
File: badda.png (109KB, 321x310px) Image search: [Google]
badda.png
109KB, 321x310px
>>51344495
The only way to win is to not play
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.