[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since i wanted to give my 5e campaign a more 2e feeling, i decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o9vfnxMNeZ1rsnt3oo1_500.png (187KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9vfnxMNeZ1rsnt3oo1_500.png
187KB, 500x442px
Since i wanted to give my 5e campaign a more 2e feeling, i decided that when my charactera reach level nine in a certain level they recieve a stronghold, also i am attempting to recreate kits is this a good or bad idea?
>>
>>51333404
If you want a 2e feel, maybe play 2e.

Archetypes (sub-classes) are kind of a stand-in for kits. They even had a UA where they adapted some kits into archetypes.

The stronghold thing is fine (it's something I wish more DMs did). The only thing is that the big thresholds in 5e are typically at 5th, 11th, or 17th level. So maybe 11th level instead of 9th.
>>
>>51333404
I'm not too well versed in 2E, but isn't the point of the 5e subclasses system to be the kits system?

In 5e, magic shops aren't necissarily real, so you end up with enough gold to get a stronghold at about level nine. Seems like just giving it would cut down on gold tracking work. Good idea.
>>
>>51333404
Strongholds are pointless bookkeeping shit in general if every players get to have one.
Just give the group one and let them each decide what kind of buildings are created in that stronghold using pathfinder ultimate campaign guidelines.
Let them roll that shit only at the end of each sessions.
>>
>>51333631
It's something to trick them into spending the excessive hoard they will inevitably get a hold of.

Basically they get a dinky little land holding, or church. Then they poor more and more money into it, maybe expand their territory once they atart to really get a following.

A fighter can become a king.

A wizard can be an archmage over a huge citidel in the fighter's city.

A cleric can be a battlepope

A rogue, well they tend to keep low profiles.

A druid )r barbarian can become feared chiefs, and so forth.
>>
>>51333568
I meant something that can be played straight at level one.
>>
>>51333592
I honestly didnt think of that!
Anyway im trying to have a 70/30 combat to roleplay ratio, this will help pad that 30 percent.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.