[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, have you ever felt like you couldn't kill something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: Two days from retirement.png (121KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
Two days from retirement.png
121KB, 480x445px
/tg/, have you ever felt like you couldn't kill something in a campaign just because you would feel bad about it even if it isn't real? Like something you absolutely do not want to commit to killing?

Mine is Soldiers and Guards. No matter what, good or evil campaigns, I can never bring myself to want to kill a uniformed personnel. In fact I make it a priority to never hurt one if I don't have too. It may be because I am one and I tend to set a form of bias towards them, but I always imagine their days are just filled with stupidity run by knights/officers.

How about you, /tg/?
>>
Go away, frogposter.
>>
File: Smuganimoo.png (408KB, 680x560px) Image search: [Google]
Smuganimoo.png
408KB, 680x560px
>>51332517
>I can't bring myself to kill a bunch of twats who murder innocent people cause they have power fantasies.
>Even if they didn't kill anyone themselves, they actively contribute to the building of and maintenance of death machines that do. Let's just call flying golems that drop mega-gallons of acid flasks "drones".
>Also they're some of the most jingostic and socially retarded fucks on the planet who have no understanding of economics or politics but think cause they did a few situps and got up super early in the morning their opinion matters.

Only reason NOT to kill them is they probably raped a few women.

Buuuut, than turned around and groveled beneath the heel of some whore who was in their platoon.
>>
>>51332517
No

I know I can kill
>>
>>51332517

One of my players had a character who was super-strong but also completely adverse to killing anything.

And I mean super-strong to the point that they would accidentally kill people pretty frequently until they sought out martial arts training with the specific intent to finally figure out how to reliably knock people over without breaking their necks.
>>
File: icon_neckbeard.gif (24KB, 101x40px) Image search: [Google]
icon_neckbeard.gif
24KB, 101x40px
>>51332609
>>
File: 1435454671064.jpg (18KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1435454671064.jpg
18KB, 250x239px
>>51332563
>>
File: 200% Determination.jpg (25KB, 433x525px) Image search: [Google]
200% Determination.jpg
25KB, 433x525px
>>51332517
>/tg/, have you ever felt like you couldn't kill something in a campaign just because you would feel bad about it even if it isn't real? Like something you absolutely do not want to commit to killing?
Yes. Happens to me all the time in both video games and tabletop.

I have a hard time bringing myself to mistreat NPCs who my character either has a responsibility toward, or innocents who are not capable of fighting back. That includes sims, citizens in city-management games (Tropico, Cities Skylines, etc), and most NPC allies. I go for maxing out my relations or giving them the most comforts I can within the game. In the shadowrun tabletop, I've taken to irrational levels of empathy toward my character's high-loyalty contacts, even getting some of them presents on major holidays.

In general, I've started putting a lot more thought into less-lethal options in gaming. I just figure that those people I'd be killing have families, coworkers, friends, and communities. Not to mention hopes and dreams of their own, just like me. Maybe there might be a few people who need to die, but most people just that: people who deserve life just as much as I do. I don't know what they're going through, or who relies on them. So for their sake I should go with the less-lethal option whenever it's feasible.

I just think something along these lines: If I can't be relied on to treat people well, how can I expect anyone else to do the same for me? What kind of person am I if I abuse peoples' trust, or hurt people who I have total power over? What kind of world does that behavior create? Shouldn't I try to make things less shitty?

Besides, if tabletop gaming is supposed to be a fantastical thing that makes me feel better, then maybe my dude can at least try to act like a well-meaning person and do the best he can, even if some frustrated chauvinist wants to disagree.
>>
File: Bullywugs.jpg (12KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
Bullywugs.jpg
12KB, 269x187px
>>51332517

I get a foul taste in my mouth when I'm forced to kill Bullywugs, even in self-defense. I just love the froggy bastards.
>>
What is the matter, retarded frog poster? You some kind of fucking autistic sissy?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.