[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever used anything from the Dominions series in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Have you ever used anything from the Dominions series in your games? Also Dominions discussion in general.
>>
There's a general on /vg/
game is quality, but it touches on so much classical mythology you could spend decades pointing out things any fantasy game has in common with Dominions.

It's truly a titan of intricate auteur design; second only to Dwarf Fortress in that sense
>>
I've never heard of it
What is it?
>>
File: dom4fight2.jpg (416KB, 1197x701px) Image search: [Google]
dom4fight2.jpg
416KB, 1197x701px
>>51329387
Autistic fantasy god powertrip Turn based strategy game, customized to your personal divine specifications of form, domain and power, with a myriad of factions and tech trees, random map generation, multiplayer with more than twenty people at once (though this might become a turn per week affair via play by email), and perform such bizarre feats of spellcraft as imbuing a magical lion with sapience and stapling a robot arm to it so it can wield a magical axe, conjuring horrors from other dimensions that spread insanity and mayhem, and accidentally turning your Godhead avatar into a small dog, all delivered in charmingly simple sprite graphics with a constant sense of the familiar and the strange ever juxtaposed.
>>
>>51329505
Holy shit that sounds like the devs are almost as autistic as the dwarf fortress devs
>>
>>51329538
It's less by a significant margin, but has the side-effect of making history and mythology majors cream themselves when they see a faction based on legendary accounts of the Scythians and Biblical Nephillim.
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/28362785/
This thread was what convinced me to buy it
>>
>>51328584
Kinda

I used a bunch of shit from Malazan Book of the Fallen, which effectively reads like an average game of Dominions 4.
>>
>>51328584
The concept of Thrones of Power is pretty cool.

Also undead romans, then ghost romans.
>>
>>51329387
It's a game of the Spanish Inquisition vsCthulhu vs Zombie vs Chimpanzees
>>
>>51332867
Also you can use the Wish spell to make a huge amount of girls appear in your laboratory
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.