[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Indian mythology ever be used for a fun setting? Or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0570.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0570.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
Can Indian mythology ever be used for a fun setting?

Or is it doomed to being an unplayable balls-to-the-walls DBZ tier setting with multi-armed blue people riding giant animals and blasting galaxies? I just wanna have my Kshatriya fuck up rakshasas with crazy wheel blades
>>
>>51323341
>implying that isn't fun
Anyways, go read the Ramayana or the Mahabharata if you want an actual taste of Hindu mythology.
If you're not in the mood for a 1818019002762648 page story, then the Ramayana should suffice.
>>
File: 1481042499818.jpg (143KB, 425x510px) Image search: [Google]
1481042499818.jpg
143KB, 425x510px
>>51323341
>unplayable

>>51323341
>balls-to-the-walls DBZ tier setting with multi-armed blue people riding giant animals and blasting galaxies.

Pick one, because that sounds AMAZING!
>>
>>51323341
Actually, Asura's Wrath is a good source for an IndoGame. Just tune down the exacerbated epicness and you got a really nice setting. You can even make classes based on the mantra affinities and make Mana be Mantra.

Well, time to start writing. You gave me some great ideas.
>>
>>51323341
Not on /tg/ because /pol/ shitposting will destroy your thread.
>>
>>51327180
I think not on 4chan. Or any major website right now. Some kind of political shitposting will occur no matter what.
>>
>>51327180
Yeah, it seems it's pretty much every India related thread's designated fate these days.
>>
>>51323341
There's an OSR game based on this called Against the Dark Yogi. Looks pretty neat.
>>
There's Yoon-Suin, which is more based on medieval European perception of India/China, but it's still pretty cool.
>>
File: 1480007022144.jpg (54KB, 452x570px) Image search: [Google]
1480007022144.jpg
54KB, 452x570px
>>51327236
>designated
>>
>>51323341
Isn't that more Buddhist?
>>
>>51323341
Be the DM of your group and design the setting yourself if you want to play a campaign based on those myths.
Don't force others to do what you should have done yourself.
Nobody like lazy beggars.
>>
>>51323655
>>51326325
*teleports behind you* Heh. In another life you might have been a match for me. *unsheathes blade and slices you in half*
>>
File: this_pleases_the_jokaero.gif (2MB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
this_pleases_the_jokaero.gif
2MB, 360x264px
>>51327446
ye got me
>>
If you're referring to discussing the creation of a topic here on /tg/ the only things you have to worry about are poo in loo posters, faggot elf song homosex dwarf tolkien faggots who go out of their way to make sure you know DnD is a pure European setting devoid of any other cultures and faggots who are so scarred by sweaty ham beasts with sweaty vaginas and naruto headbands they reflexively choke at anything "anime"

Otherwise known as the "No Fun Allowed" gang.
>>
>>51323341
You could probably do the crazy shit with exalted or something
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.