[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard the people who made the Witcher video games are going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0548.jpg (1MB, 2479x3229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0548.jpg
1MB, 2479x3229px
I heard the people who made the Witcher video games are going to turn this into a video game.

Is this system any good? Have any of you actually played it before? How does it measure up
>>
>>51321507
It's a product of the 1980s, meaning it has medium-simple rules with some awkwardness.

The setting is very neon, big-hair, synthwave 80s, which seems kind of outdated but at the same time retro is in now so it might work for you.

It's worth trying, at the very least. It's one of my favorite games.
>>
>>51321991
How does it stack up against GURPS and Shadowrun?
>>
>>51322595
less rules than both and no magic. Pure cyberpunk stuff.
>>
>>51322595
if you run it, Chromebook 1 and 2 are heavily advised. use them to represent the technological curve to surprise players with weapons their PCs have never seen before.
>>
>>51321507
Cyberpunk 2020 is a game that more or less didn't have any re-edition since 1992. Therefore, almost all Cyberpunk 2020 GM modded their game in a way or another (no character classes, different combat system, reduced armor values, different background, etc.).

For the game itself, I will say that it's the most cyberpunk of all cyberpunk game.
>>
>>51323169
really, little modding is needed. basically, no modding at all, provided your players don't try to maximize armor
>>
>>51321507
The system, pretty much crap. The game, pretty much rocks. Great for telling a story, horrible for creating a campaign.
>>
>>51321507

The core system itself is the best I've ever played. The lifepath system is excellent for getting your players to make good characters ( just let them re roll plenty if they don't like what they get), the wound system makes for a really brutal and cinematic combat, though parts of the combat rules are vague and require a touch of house ruling. Certain things are going to need to be tweaked at least a bit for you own style, but that is true of every game. And you are going to have to put some serious limits on your players to ensure that they don't get overpowered, because it is fairly easy for them to get way too op.
>>
I want to play this but on Mars, what would I need to change to make it work?
>>
>>51326511
Not really. Just get the Deep Space sourcebook for space related info and gear.
>>
The setting is good. The rules are bad. It depends on what you are looking for.
>>
>>51323955
You don't need to maximize armor. SP 14 clothing will stop every caliber of 10mm or less (the 10mm SMG is the standard gun of security personnel). Once you take BTM into the equation, even 11mm and .357 Magnum rounds become next to useless. And that's with the most basic and discreet form of armor. The fact that your pant or jacket is soft and will deform enough to penetrate your body 3 to 4" is completely not taken into account.

AP ammo exists, but as it divides penetrating damage by 2, it does barely any damage.

That's the reason I lowered SP ratings of soft armor and skinweave by about half. Hard and visible combat armor still has full SP.
>>
>>51326630
The system isn't bad, but it's not great either. It has less crunch than GURPS or Shadowrun 5th edition. In term of complexity it's similar to Savage Worlds. I often chose it to initiate new players, because its basis is very easy to understand.

One great thing about the Cyberpunk 2020's system is that it's very customizable. It works as it is, but if you want to change/add something, no problem.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.