[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Jedi are the good guys. Everything they say and do i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 34

File: latest-1.jpg (132KB, 731x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
132KB, 731x900px
>The Jedi are the good guys. Everything they say and do is right. No matter what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE

Why do people keep defending the jedi?
>>
>>51314271
>Step away! She has brought truth, and you condemn it? The arrogance! You will not harm him/her. You will not harm her ever again. How could you ever hope to know the threat you face, when you have never walked in the dark places of the galaxy—faced war and death on such a scale. If you had traveled far enough, rather than waiting for the echo to reach you, perhaps you would have seen it for what it was.

>There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side—it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death. Revan knew the power of such places… and the power in making them.

>They can be used to break the will of otherr. Of Jedi, promising them power, and turning them to the dark side. The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion… culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from—save one.

>And this is what I sought to understand. How one could turn away from such power, give up the Force… and still live. But I see what happened now. It is because you were afraid.

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>51314410
She meant she fucked up again
>>
>>51314434
How did she fucked up with the Exile?
>>
>>51314271
She wins even if she loses. Her goal is not power but philosophy, to weaken the bounds of morality on the Jedi who have become narrow minded. Even when she dies, the only Jedi left are you and your disciples. Aka her disciple.
>>
>>51314578
And if she does succeed in killing the force, nobody will be alive to blame her so it's a null event.
>>
>>51314616
She doesn't want to kill the Force. She never did. That was Nihilus and his unthinking, unfeeling hunger.

She was Betrayal, the pain and loss of a trusted teacher meant to drive the student forward. She was the final obstacle meant to elevate you to that higher class of Force user, a more enlightened state beyond Light/Dark and Jedi/Sith. It's why she taunts you back to Malachor. Either you beat her and prove her right, or she beats you and the Force doesn't deserve to live anyway.
>>
>>51314448
The jedi Exile No longer follows the Lightside of the Force. She can't be a jedi. Therefore after Dantooine the Jedi Became Extinct
>>
>>51314271
>Why do people keep defending the jedi?

Because we're only interested in canon, not your fanfiction bullshit.
>>
>>51314271
>Jedi are bad because muh non canon games
>>
File: best I could find.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
best I could find.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>51315214
>>51315232
>non-canon
>implying they aren't subtly making KOTOR canon again
tbf, it's ages before any of the movies, so Disney probably doesn't care if it's canon or not
>>
>>51315214
>implying I care that much about star wars outside of KotOR2

I'm cool with it existing in a bubble.
>>
>>51314271
we JUST had this thread, give it a few days at least
>>
>>51315390
KOTOR 2 is the best Star Wars since the 1980's bar none.
>>
>>51315281
all they're doing is taking names and using them in a completely different context in new canon material

ie malachor being a single planet instead of an entire system
>>
>>51315516
You mean to tell me the new writers are stealing what the old writers wrote? And disney doesn't hafta pay the old writers any royalties?? huh...go figure.
>>
>>51314271
Because rule 1 is Kriea lies.

She always lies.

She's the fucking witch of betrayal. Why the flipping flying fuck are you trusting anything out of her mouth?
>>
>>51315549
no
its old names slapped onto new content
it's literally only the names that have been elevated to the new canon
>>
File: 1484251704460.png (21KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484251704460.png
21KB, 645x773px
>>51315460
It's just so good.

Weirdly enough I gives me a LotR-esque feel. You travel through the remains of civilisations; the empty battlefields of wars both recent and ancient. There's a sense of melancholy there that's hard to capture.
>>
>>51315675
The new Malachor is almost the same as the old one, except there's no V and the reason for it being an abyssal anus of the force is "vague mystical event."

Literally the same but lamer.
>>
>>51315732
>vague
what part of a superweapon firing a mass petrification wave at an army of Jedi is vague
>>
>>51315825
So it's even worse. They literally made a lamer superweapon do it; essentially cannibalising a perfectly fine part of the old EU and stripping it of meaning. I know originality is too much to ask for with any kind of extensive fictional universe, but c'mon.
>>
>>51315214
The Cannonical Jedi Order, especially from the Clone Wars series, is dogmatic, grasping, brutish, and ultimately a self interestedolitical body that had long sense discarded greater precepts of integrity or justice.
At the end of the day, Jedi lie, cheat, menace, maim and mind control because it is expedient to their goals, which are rarely to the benefit of anyone else. They aren't the monolithic mustache twirling evil of the Sith, but they are far from any sane definition of good.
>>
>>51315960
The jedi order follows the light. Stop lying
>>
Reminder that the jedi were ruined by prequels and then the EU. How did we go from "noble space knights" to "scary, dogmatic, sexless monks" again?
>>
>>51316033

Gotta get those grimdark points because that shows we're cool and mature.
>>
>>51316033
It's almost like Kenobi and Yoda were nostalgic.
Imagine that, old men from another age being nostalgic?
Completely implausible, emulsions ruined
>>
>>51316065
tho sarcasm aside, they weren't scary and dogmatic, just misguided really
>>
>>51315904
>dude gravity bomb lmao
>meaning
>>
>>51316033
The Jedi are not sexless. Even George said that they're not celibate; and there's nothing that forces them to be celibate in their codes - but a strict interpretation of the code might make it unlikely for a Jedi to seek out sexual partners simply because it's giving into lust, which can be a quite strong feeling.
>>
>>51316111
Literally nothing in the movies implies that. We are, however, bashed in the head repeatedly with the idea that "attachments = bad" for the jedi, because George wanted to do the forbidden love trope, but couldn't be assed to come up with a clever and intersting way to do it.
>>
>>51316137
Nothing in the movies states that they are supposed to be sexless either - only that attachments are forbidden.
>>
>>51316172
Sex does led to attachment
>>
>>51315698
So was he just a ghost the whole time? I wasn't really paying attention to anything he was doing until he starting saying cryptic shit at the end of the game
>>
>>51316192
It can - but one night stands are a thing.

But again, a strict interpretation of the whole no attachments rule could definitely lead to a deeply conservative attitude towards sex and sexual partners leading to a self-imposed celibacy - but again, no rules the Jedi have actually state that their members absolutely 100% must be celibate.
>>
>>51316089
The meaning was in the Exile, not the bomb, dumbass.
>>
File: 1464696779519.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464696779519.webm
3MB, 854x480px
Since this is a Star Wars thread anyway...
I've developed a love-hate relationship with SWTOR very soon after it's release. I hated the MMORPG aspect, the clunky animations, the restricted dialogue, the absence of meaningful choices, but at the same time, I kept reinstalling it and renewing my subscription because it's the closest thing to KOTOR 3 we'll ever have. Also, imperial agent and sith warrior stories were decent.
Well, today I finally began Knights of the Fallen Empire and got to act 4 already. I didn't expect it, but it was actually pretty good! It actually felt like an RPG set in Star Wars universe, not a shitty WoW clone with a voice acting gimmick.
No fetch quests distracting you from the main story, cutscenes are polished, fights with mooks feel cinematic for a change and I actually fucking enjoyed them. The companions seem likable, the plot is tight, there are some actual meaingful choices, for fuck's sake! It was a great experience, and I actually look forward to continuing the story.

But then I felt sad, because even though the devs obviously tried their best this time and their focus wasn't split on two factions and eight different stories + hundeds of fetch quests, it's still restricted by the fact that it's an MMO, when it should have been a single player RPG.

> tfw we will never get KOTOR 3
> And if we will, it will be Dragon Age Cisquisition all over again
>>
>>51316089
Stop posting
>>
>>51316395
Between being an MMO and what I've heard about how it kind of shits on the two KOTOR games I doubt I'll ever bother to play it
>>
>>51316395
Obsidian should have made Kotot 3
>>
>>51315460
>>51315698

Patrician tastes, my dudes. That game told the story that universe needed. Fuck, I may have to fire it up again right now.
>>
>>51316471
I never even liked the Exile to begin with, so I don't give a shit about her being sidelined. In fact, I also wish this happened to Revan too, because oh boy do they try to milk his character. Every time you hear his name, prepare to cringe.

Then it only gets worse when he appears personally. And then gets his own expansion pack!
>>
>>51314271
Not all Jedi were right or good, just like not all Sith were wrong or bad.

Everything, just like in real life, has shades of morality.

In my FaD game my normally very Light Sided Jedi just started killing his way through an Imperial gladiatorial facility because they didn't value life or respect it. Yes it's bad to kill, but it's also wrong to leave people like that alive to enslave people for their entertainment and watch them die for money.

It would have been more wrong to leave the facility intact and without harm. This way it sends a message, that these things won't go unpunished, even if the Empire thinks they are big enough to get away with it.
>>
>>51314971
Are you really dumb, or...?

The whole point was that the Jedi already WERE extinct. She was proving to those doddering, cowardly wrecks that they were no longer Jedi, and hadn't been for a long time.

Almost as bad as Atris calling the jedi conclave then leaking its location to the sith then chickening out and no-showing herself when she realized just how scary Nihilus was, killing off 95% of the jedi through her actions alone
>>
>>51315698
>tfw just installed it for my dad to play through
Can't wait. Want to talk about it with him.
>>
>>51314410

She's calling the Exile a coward. It's a personal betrayal on top of betraying her by using her to wipe out the last of the old Jedi. She's the Exile's teacher and in many ways the person the Exile is most intimate with. This betrayal and this statement is to make sure the Exile will come to her for the "final exam" on Malachor.
>>
>>51314271
because chris avellone, while a fantastic writer, neither likes nor understands star wars. this is the same guy who thought that west coast fallout was getting too developed, and who's solution was to nuke it all back to oblivion. kotor II (when finished by modders) is a better game than kotor, but it's a worse star wars game
>>
>>51316065
it also doesn't hurt that kenobi and yoda, even in the prequels era, are the best of the jedi. so maybe they were just blind to the failings of their surroundings
>>
>>51316523
I am jellie, anon - mine got dusted when the ol' xbox died.....never again do I get to Exile the shit out of Star Wars.
Feels bad, man. Was able to end uber light and uber dark; but i always wanted to try to end with my Force meter exactly in the middle to see what happens....
>>
>>51316755
I also wonder if Kreia has any special dialogue for that.
>>
>>51316755
Buy it on the Pc for ten dollars.
>>
>>51316881
I got it on gog for $2.50 during a sale, senpai
>>
File: darth-vader-star-wars-5144.jpg (76KB, 596x380px) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-star-wars-5144.jpg
76KB, 596x380px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIMUmmbXOKw
>>
>>51315281
They also subtly added the squad from republic commando back into canon though only as a background easter egg so it's up in the air what they make official beyond their existence.
>>
>>51316395
Didn't like the Inquisitor story?
>>
>>51316964
the main story was the lest offensive part of inquisition. the secondary fetch quests and open world were absolutely godawful
>>
>>51316908
Greatest Love Story
>>
>>51316986
I meant for SWTOR, the Inquisitor class
>>
>>51316751
I like to imagine a philosophically great jedi (not counting Luke, who turned out to be a dead-beat master anyway) looks more like Qui-Gon than like Yoda.
>>
>>51314271
I wonder why other people never tried that lightsaber technique.
>>
>>51317264
Its more of a last resort
>>
Was Kreia speech about Redemption right? I mean it left me uneasy
>>
>>51316964
>Inquisitor story
The light-sided inquisitor is the best way to play it.
>>
File: Darth_Marr.png (1MB, 791x989px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Marr.png
1MB, 791x989px
Was Darth Marr the Best Sith of the Old Republic MMO?
>>
>>51317323
How so?

>>51317375
That means it challenges something you hold deeply. Even if she's wrong, she did good by you.
>>
>>51317703
>How so?
It takes considerable effort to pull it off. She only started using it after she lost her remaining hand.
>>
>>51314271
Daily Reminder that Kreia was full of shit and the basic premise of her plan was based on a flawed understanding of the Force.
>>
KotOR is canon.

The Clone Wars TV show is in the canon and in that show they mention the Old Republic. It's canon
>>
>>51317798
You're a retard.

The Old Republic was also mentioned in Episode IV by Ben Kenobi. It's how people referred to the Republic after it fell.
>>
>>51317798
That's not even remotely how it works.
>>
>>51317798
Are you actually retarded?
YES there was A old republic, but they never establish that all of kotor happened. They redesigned the ships, changed the planets, ect.
Korriban is now Morriband, and malachor is something dumb all together. Hell, even Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that Kotor is still legends, they just have creative control, so they can take any element or theme from legends content and reuse it.
Christ, Its 2017, this has been known for three years now.
>>
>>51317798
That doesn't really verify any of the of the specifics on their own, though I think getting too specific on the details of either one of those games kind of cheapens them.
>>
This thread is full of retards and I'm so glad I'll never have any of you in my games.
>>
>>51317850
But we are in your board
>>
>>51317832
>>51317834
>>51317846
>yet again /tg/ decided to buy tickets to the ruse cruise
>>
File: 1425359999434.jpg (23KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1425359999434.jpg
23KB, 478x373px
>>51317832
>>51317834
>>51317846
>>
>>51317850
Who's to say you don't?
>>
>>51317489
I never really played to late levels. What was so good about him?
>>
>>51317850
Tip that fedora harder senpai, your here with us forever.
>>
>>51317930
He wasn't white. It paved way for more diverse cast
>>
>>51317930
Hes just Vader if vader wasn't an asthmatic cyborg, but instead, just Chad in a space suit.
>>
>>51316541
All Sith are wrong and bad though, because they're corrupted by the Dark Side and are fueled by negativity.
>>
>>51317988
Even the light sith
>>
>>51316395
Light side BH keeps ending up feeling like Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>51317988
Meh. I'm sure there are Sith that naturally fell into the Light Side (or "natural state of the Force" if that phrase offends your sensibilities) while still calling themselves Sith.

Princess Kylo might even end up being that.
>>
>believing Obshitian bullshit

Can you be more of a tool?
>>
>>51318153
Todd Please
>>
>>51317489
Whoever the light side sith warrior was was the best.

"FOR THE EMPIRE. ALSO FUCK YOUR SHIT, IMMA DO IT MY WAY."
>>
I keep being told that each class in TOR is better when playing a certain side of either Light or Dark, is it true? If it is true what's the best side for each class?
>>
>>51318436
This is true, more love obviously went into some alignments than others. I don't remember exactly what was best other than broadly the opposite of what you'd expect like dark side Knight and light side Warrior.
>>
>>51318153
Bioware please
>>
But why was the Exile a girl
>>
>>51318587
>Bioware
That's not an argument, if you didn't understand i was just curious to hears opinios on something that was mentioned in this very thread
>>
>>51314271
>it's a "grey jedi" episode
>>
>>51318710
That term suffers more from not having a solid definition and examples than it does from supposedly "not existing."

If you call someone like Qui-Gon a grey jedi, then the term seems kind of weak because it just connotes a rebellious jedi who ultimately still follows the rules.
>>
>>51318699
So she can be Revan's love interest, but then they fucked that up in TOR by killing her offscreen.
>>
>>51318699
Because that's what Lucas Arts decided was canon as far as the story of the game was concerned yes i now both Kotkr aren't canon

Something being Canon doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>51318750
You mean in the tie -n novel called The Old Republic: Revan: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic_Revan
If you thought the game was bad then oh boy this was worse
>>
>>51318793
>They shafted the exile.
>They shafted revan
>Exile has he force powe return
>The Jedi Purge never happen
>all of that no.
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>51315698
>>51315460
>>51316523
Kind of interesting that it was better than KOTOR1 considering usually sequels are worse. Both were great, but KOTOR2 was absolutely fantastic story, character, and lore wise. There are very few negative things I can think up about that game. These concepts are always canon in my groups' campaigns thank fuck
>>
>>51315460

I just beat it today and loved it.

>tfw wish you could've recruited Hanharr because Mira was boring as fuck
>>
>>51319025
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvS5MLnG0Y
>>
I have an even better question

if every bad guy has twi'lek slaves

and twi'leks are "exotic dancers" all over the galaxy

then where are the half human half twi'lek kids? Half twi'lek's should be common?
>>
>>51319214
Because no wants to Race mix with the Inferior Species anon
>>
Why was The Jedi Exile Afraid after Malachor
>>
>>51319214
In the clone wars animated series their are some mixed kids
>>
>>51314271
What if the Force really is a cruel entity that continually demands war and blood sacrifices to sustain it, fed by a cyclical religious war between two over-simplistic schools of philosophy, playing both sides and manipulating all life so that it has a constant supply of death to feed on?
>>
>>51318726
The Jensaarai were the best 'gray Jedi'. Imperial Knights were cool, too. For all the shit, Legends had plenty of good, too.
>>
>>51319383
Giving the order to commit kill potentially millions in order to win the war can cause some trauma, and unlike revan, the exile didn't get the "Lol, lost memory" treatment.
>>
>>51319391
Then the Force would have become that way from being fed over zealous malcontents more than sensible moralists since its discovery.

Or the Force is literally the Warp in another galaxy.
>>
>>51319493
Tbqh I wouldn't mind the force being close to "Warp-Light", hell wasn't abeloth the closet thing we got to a star wars chaos god?
>>
>>51316964
Are you kidding me, the inquisitor story sucked balls.
>>
>>51319391
The Force is (or at least, is channeled through) a bunch of living particles released into space from some sort of hole (possibly a dimensional portal) which eventually infiltrated all life in the galaxy. My guess would be that, if the Force does have a will, it is formed from a coalescence of the wills of all the living things which have midichlorians in them.
>>
File: Imalia.png (560KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
Imalia.png
560KB, 806x806px
>>51319602
> midichlorians
>>
>>51319613
Doesn't matter if we like them or not, that's how it is.
>>
>>51318436
It's just how good the writing is. Like, I like the LS warrior because he's all about enlightened self interest. Sure, he wants power. But he also wants the empire to be strong. Anything he does has a reason behind it. A DS warrior is a homicidal maniac. He's Darth Malak on steroids - a force wielding dickhead, vs what happens if you turned the unabomber into eva-01 and told him to go build an ideal world. He's not quite Darth Kamina, but he's up there. He comes off as a real character who believes in what he's doing. He's an honorable warrior philosopher - and a killing machine. Your choices feel meaningful. Hell, even in the end, the big E is pretty clearly aware of wether you're LS or DS and just doesn't care as long as you do exactly what he wants and stay loyal.

Where as both LS and DS Smuggler comes off as a completely amoral mercenary with different degrees of dick. The Jedi Knight is either a super-hitler or jesus.

The Agent is hands down the best story in the game on either side. I can't really tell you how it goes without spoilers, unfortunately.
>>
>>51316395
Tfw I'm tempted to play shit like SWTOR and TESO despite knowing that they'll never quite satisfy me and I'll probably just get angry about the retarded parts, but I feel like they'd at least scratch that itch a little bit
Something is better than nothing
>>
>>51319932
Try TSW. It's a good story. Gameplay is a shame.
>>
>>51317988
>corruption and negativity are intrinsically bad and wrong
Explain
>>
>>51317988
When Palpatine was fighting he actually looked pretty happy in the movies.
>>
>>51319993
Schadenfreude.
>>
>>51320018
>>51319993
Or perhaps this concept known as blood-lust?
>>
File: 987987968.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
987987968.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>51320027
That does makes sense.
>>
>>51320043
Schadenfreude works too, but I think blood-lust fits a little better.
>>
>>51314271
Stop making this thread every second day.

Please.
>>
So what WAS the Jedi Exile? She wasn't a wound in the force, but shared a lot of the same properties. Was she some sort of tumor? The death of a planet all in one person, transmitting it as she reached out to drain others? The Sith Assassins weren't all incipient Nihluses, but they had a lot of the same properties as the Exile too.
>>
>>51320172
She was a Vergence, the force flowed from her like a river, Kreia and all the Jedi Masters saw a wound because they saw her through the force before she turned away from the force, anyone after that sensed her through the force as incredibly in touch with the force, so much so that simply her presence was inspiring.
>>
>>51320195
That makes no sense. Revan was a Vergence, but noone saw him as a wound.
>>
>>51320202
No he wasn't, only two Vergences in the force around a person have appeared The Exile, And Anakin.
>>
>>51320208
Then how was Revan stronger than the exile? They mention as much in SWTOR.
>>
>>51320172
Kreia sparked the force in the exile. That's the reason they share such a strong force bond that effects on one affect the other. It's only the beginning, though. The exile grows in power because she continues to create force bonds with all the force sensitives in the group and then "siphon" or "leech" force power from those. The exile grows in power because more and more people join the group whom she can than form force bonds with and draw power through.

I picture the force as a great central hub from which all living things draw force or "energy" to various degrees - some beings have a very minor connection. Jedi (or Sith), however, have strong connections. But the exile has none, because she cut her force at Malachor V rather than fall to the dark side, so her connection is now lost - she can no longer draw force "energy" directly from the central hub. But she can still form force bonds and interact and control force power through those bonds.
>>
>>51320214
Thats just in legends so far in the new canon only Anakin is a Vergence, and no they don't, they imply that he was strong but make no direct comparisons.

>>51320217
No just no.
>>
>>51320214
Oh wait SWTOR? that shit was never Canon.
>>
>>51320227
Okay, let's go with old canon, because new canon is balls. And Surik flat out says that he was greater than her.
>>
>>51320239
>Bioware States their Character is Stronger than a Character created by another
>>
>>51320239
In a Non-Canon MMO, that completely shit on Revan, Meetra, and everything built in Kotor or Kotor 2, it's shit and useless.
>>
File: JediExileHanddrawn.jpg (280KB, 508x864px) Image search: [Google]
JediExileHanddrawn.jpg
280KB, 508x864px
>>51320172
Her rarest power though was not of the natural Force, it was instead a Wound, an echo of Malachor V that had formed itself into her, as her attempt to cut herself off from the Force created yet another wound, this wound within her lay dormant for ten years until she connected a bond with Kreia, her wound awakened as the immense amount of death that surrounded her during a Hk-50's attempt to secure, fed the Wound, she absorbed the death of those around her, re-awakening her to the Force, over time she made bonds with other Force Sensitives, quickly she regained her command of the Force, the deaths of those around her fueling her powers in the Force once again, she quickly learnt the techniques and lightsaber forms of those around her by merely observing them in practice
>>
>>51320248
Nope,she was the first Anakin.
>>
>>51320239
I always figured Revan was greater than the Exile for reasons unrelated to force powers. That was never Revan's thing anyway; he was a leader and general. He's not a big deal because he fought the Mandalorians himself, he's a big deal because he got A LOT of jedi to join him in doing it.
>>
>>51320255
Then Explain how Darth Nihilus could not Force Drain The Jedi Exile? If She was a Vergence she would have died.
>>
>>51320265
Nope, he did drain her, she killed him by overfeeding him.
>>
>>51320272
When Nihilus tried to do his high-powered Lethal Force Drain on the Exile, it backfired and drastically weakened him. In short, it was like a black hole trying to consume a bigger black hole.
>>
>>51320272
>>51320265
That and without Visas he couldn't feed as he could no longer feel the force without their bond at that point.
>>
>>51320284
Or it depended on an unwilling victim, and the exile gave freely, breaking him.
>>
I hate you assholes. Now I wanna play 2 again. But I don't wanna go through the slog at the start and the first world. Telos? Bah.
>>
>>51319932
Try Knights of the Fallen Empire. You can boost your character right to level 60 to skip all the boring, sucky parts.
>>
>>51320272
Nigger what. Nilly was the force equivalent to a black hole. Youcan't just jam him full of power and he explodes.
>>
>>51320320
And the Exile was a white hole, they cancel each other out, leaving it to allies and personal skill, and the Exile trumps him in both departments.
>>
>>51320333
That makes even less sense. The white hole would just sit in the black hole. It would be warped but not consumed.
>>
File: 1278394384310.jpg (216KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1278394384310.jpg
216KB, 1920x1200px
>>51320214
Revan is stronger, simply due to being more diciplined, well trained, a naturally born leader and swordsman,as well as being incredibly gifted with the force, even kreia mentions this

"Revan was power. Staring into his eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."-Kreia
>>
>>51320379
I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm questioning them. The idea of Surik secretly being a new chosen one comes off as bullshit, but she clearly wasn't a straight wound.
>>
>>51320333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TldYE2YbPXI
>>
>>51320358
Exactly they'd cancel each other out,she is a vergence, It was created when kreia bonded with her, as below says, she was a wound in the force before this

Kreia's union with the Jedi Exile creates a vergence in the Force that reconnects them to the energy field surrounding all living things.

Source: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
>>51320386
Above
>>51320379
He is weaker with the force but he is better in the ways this guy says >>51320256
>>
>>51320400
DO you know what a Black hole is, anon. It consumes everything until there is nothing left. The Jedi Exile would have died if she was a vergence.
>>
File: F6ztYRo.jpg (51KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
F6ztYRo.jpg
51KB, 639x960px
>>51320227
>>51320244
>>51320246
see>>51320379

>>51320272
you are just wrong nihilus couldn't drain her because there was nothing for him to drain, surikk lost her connection and came back (which is normally impossible) because of her own wound in the force, which is different than nihilius's own wound in a way, as the surik is able to form many more bonds than nihilius

>>51320400
in raw force talent no, revan was much stronger (this is by the end of the novel (Revan) he is able to use the light and dark aspects of the force freely, able to contend with force users that put surikk to her knees (see the council member that blasted surikk and scourge with her lightning) as well as contend with vitiate himself.

In the the end surikk seems powerful because of the enemies she faces, however we must remember, the reason she is able to defeat nihilius at all is because of two factors, 1. she is a wound herself and is able to negate nihilus's mega drain, 2. she has visas who is for all intents and purposes nihilus bane and power.
>>
>>51320400
Cunt, what drugs are you on?
>>
>>51320428
>what is hawking radiation
>>
>>51320444
None i'm using former canon sources as fact as that's what they are when it comes to legends.
>>51320429
>citing fanfic tier shit
That novel was horrible, it wasn't a good book and played up revan as a god way too much.
>>51320428
I know white holes are only theoretical, but they have literally infinite energy/matter to spit out, it would cancel out a black hole as it's literal reverse, but metaphors are useless, the exile canceled out Nihilus, by over feeding him or she still carried some of her wound, but fact she was also a vergence in the force giving her literally infinite force potential per Lucas's description of Anakin's force potential, in a fight she'd beat the ever loving shit out of Revan.
>>
Is it even possible to come up with a space fantasy setting without being compared to Star Wars?
>>
>>51320500
Spelljammer.
>>
>>51320500
Star trek
>>
>>51320532
Star Trek is Sci-Fi.
>>
>>51320542
>Communism
>Working
Its Fantasy
>>
Since this is basically a SWG thread - anyone ever seen any published jedi/sith/force org armour that was actually suitable for combat? Or at the veery least missing all the flowy tangle-tastic robes?
>>
>>51320550
Nope Sci-Fi. and it's got replicators that remove the need for conflict among humans and give us pretty much anything we need, so communism worked there, might not work here in reality but that doesn't make Star Trek, Space Fantasy, it's Science Fiction pure and simple.
>>
>>51320532
>>51320542
>>51320585

Regardless of what you call them, Star Trek and Star Wars will always be mentioned in the same breath by normies for no other reason than they are the two most popular franchises involving space. Pretending otherwise is silly.
>>
>>51320582
>>51320075
>>
>>51320590
Oh I know, but nobody here is a "Normie".
>>
>>51320542
>>51320585
The distinctions between science fiction and science fantasy are arbitrary and mean nothing in most conversations.
>>
>>51320597
Fair enough. I think that *anything* set in space will be compared to Star Wars, though, for no other reason than it being so well known.
>>
>>51320607
They are not arbitrary, one is based on science, and that is something Star Trek is based on in spades, the other is not based on science, it's based on the needs of the narrative, and that's Star Wars.
>>51320609
Totally agree.
>>
>>51320607
Does it have magic or predominantly tech that is explained purely as "lol its the future"? Fantasy.

Makes an effort to make it seem a realistic plausible future? Fiction.

Super easy. If you're gonna be pedantic at least know what you're talking about.
>>
>>51320620
>>51320623
I've seen enough arguments about the term to know that what is or is not 'science' or 'fantasy' varies wildly from person to person.
>>
>>51316996
Too bad the female exile got the disciple as a companion instead of the echani servant, because the wtorylines of Atton and Scion when playing as a girl were awesome.

>>51319187
Does anyone knows that happens if you kill some of the jedi masters but not all of them?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (62KB, 515x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
62KB, 515x900px
>>51320582
Shadowtroopers and new reborns from jedi knight
>>
File: 1446872060055.jpg (99KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446872060055.jpg
99KB, 600x900px
>>51320661
Hug.
>>
>>51320635
True but when it come to genres I go by the official definitions of the words involved, Science: Pursuit of knowledge about the universe you live in, Fiction: Not real stories, Space: Space, Fantasy: a subset of fiction, imaginings and so on. The distinction is clear when you do that.
>>
File: imperial-agent-screenshot01.jpg (193KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
imperial-agent-screenshot01.jpg
193KB, 1600x900px
>>51317489
its nice doing special ops with/for him. Best military side of the swtor.

>TFW they put damm nice armours for imperial agent, but just no promo images.. fuck you ea
>>
>>51320764
I heard in tbe lest update armor is no longer needed
>>
File: df6f10f68ad1300cff37c31a1f95b9b5.jpg (113KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
df6f10f68ad1300cff37c31a1f95b9b5.jpg
113KB, 1191x670px
>>51315698
I agree, kotor 2 had the best storyline and feel to it. I played ktor 2 and then kotor 1 a while later, So the childness and cliche feeling of kotor 1 was even greater, all the wide seeying how great kotor 2 was, even though it wasn`t completely finished and.. >>51316220
>So was he just a ghost the whole time?
Idk, would like to know too.
>>
File: 1431664686225.png (227KB, 587x571px) Image search: [Google]
1431664686225.png
227KB, 587x571px
>With the release of The Force Awakens, the bad Star Wars movies officially outnumber the good ones
>Not only that, but most of the Extended Universe attempts to fix the clusterfuck prequels have been declared non-canon
She's dead, Jim. Stop trying to save her.
>>
>>51320950
Get out.
>>
>>51320950
Next step, liquor up Hideaki Anno, remind him of his depression and everything that his life has been fucked up for and have him make some new movies based around Star Wars to really confuse people.
>>
>>51320950
>>Not only that, but most of the Extended Universe attempts to fix the clusterfuck prequels have been declared non-canon
Most of the extended universe attempts to outdo the awfulness of the prequels has also been declared non-canon.
>>
>>51314271
>people follow you
>you can form bonds better than other people
So the Jedi are scared of non-autistic people?
>>
>>51321011
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shard
>>
>>51321030
Yes
>>
>>51320983
Do it. Then post forum salt as frame flashes in the next one.
>>
>>51320542
Star Trek is more Fantasy than Star Wars.
>>
>>51321258
How so?
>>
>>51321309
Magic bullshit is higher tier and common.
>>
>>51321331
But explained by science, might be bullshit, might be not, still explained by science.
>>
>>51321346
>still explained by science.

Not really though.
Not at all even.
The Force is more explained than any of the magic in Star Trek.
>>
File: 1474716805414.jpg (68KB, 565x481px) Image search: [Google]
1474716805414.jpg
68KB, 565x481px
>>51321356
>Midichlorians
I liked it better when it was Buddhist space Chi.
>>
>>51321356
Whatever your marker, Star Trek is Science Fiction, it actually has it's science be a part of the plot, where as Star Wars doesn't, the midichlorians are only casually mentioned and they never explain how any of their tech works.
>>
>>51321346
The Q exist and are not explained by science. TOS also had gods running around, and the whole Traveler thing was never really explained either.
>>
>>51321380
>it actually has it's science be a part of the plot

No more than Star Wars really.
Star Trek is more often about exploring humanity than science.
>>
>>51321388
Doesn't one episode of TOS feature Leonardo Da Vinci as an immortal space traveler?
>>
>>51321377
Alex Jones makes more sense than george lucas.
>>
>>51316503
and a Neverwinter Nights 3.

But no, everyone wanted a piece of the MMO pie when WoW peaked.
>>
>>51321511
>But no, everyone wanted a piece of the MMO pie when WoW peaked.
Can you blame them? Blizzard has made something ridiculous like $5+ billion profit off of it. It's no where near it's former glory, but it doesn't have to be either. It's a fucking license to print money.

It's hard for other companies not to stare at the numbers in envy and say, 'We can do that, too!'
>>
>>51321578
>'We can do that, too!'

But they can't. We can only hope one day for a single player KOTOR and NWN's now.
>>
>>51321634
>But they can't.
Agreed, but that's never stopped a company from trying to come up with their own golden goose. Even a crappy MMO will turn a profit it's just a matter of how much and for how long. When the money trickles down to when you could better spend the staff time on the next thing to try to rake in the big bucks, you turn to that.
>>
>>51321678
Stop anon. You're breaking my heart
>>
>>51320950
Will she recover?
>>
>>51316929

You got a link to the source on that? I love Republic Commando, and I'd be happy to see it still be canon somehow.
>>
>>51321832
TCW Season 3, Witches of the Mist. Delta Squad isn't just a background cameo, they're literally called Delta Squad and are featured for a short while in the episode. Their names are canon due to the episode guide, though IIRC the show only named Boss and Scorch?
>>
>>51314271
People who hate the Jedi are people who see no value in self control or discipline or asceticism.

People who argue for the Sith are arguing for a philosophy that amounts to "fuck you, got mine".

And that thing they got? It's crystal meth. "I'll use the power of the dark side to achieve my goals." "I'll only do meth on the weekends."

It's that simple.
>>
>>51321867

Hell yeah. Thank you, anon.
>>
I only ever played KotoR1, and I finally have a good gaming pc, so considering KotoR2's age I'll be able to run it on max settIngs and play it for the first time. Obviously I have the "Kreia is bad" thing spoiled, but that's literally all I know about the plot. pretty excited.
>>
>>51321958
Remember to grab the Restored Content mod - that's about it.
>>
File: 1484699075206m.jpg (92KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
1484699075206m.jpg
92KB, 1024x725px
>>51321958
Kreia is good. Don't let those lightside extremists taint your view
>>
>>51321958

Kreia is less good/bad and more of kind of a dick. Don't let preconceptions color your opinion of her.
>>
>>51321921
No. People who don't like jedi, are the same people who don't like Buhdism.

Being calm and unattached doesn't make you a good person. It makes you an asshole who doesn't care about the suffering of others.

Love, suffering, attachments and hate are all part of what it means to be human. Becoming an unfeeling robot doesn't make you a better person.
>>
>>51317129
>Luke, who turned out to be a dead-beat master anyway
But Luke mist certainly wasnt. In IV they mention something along the lines of being naturally gifted with the force which is only natural given that his father was such a master. But other than those spur of the moment understandings he shows more signs of being impatient than a natural master.

In V he's starting to show more promise but still skips out on his training - against his masters wishes mind you - to run straight into a trap. Again, more the sign of an impatient kid than a natural master.

In VI he's had more time to train and meditate (though supposedly not with Yoda as he later attempts to resume his training right before the lil green guy dies) and for most of the movie appears to have actually mastered the ways of the Jedi. Near the end however he does fall into a fit of rage and hacks Darth Vader down before realizing what is happening, remembering Yoda's training, and dropping his lightsaber.

So not until that moment, when he surrenders to Vader and the Emperor, has he truly achieved the title of master. Hardly what would fly as a dead beat master by Hollywood standards.
>>
>>51321958
>I'll be able to run it on max settings
This really made me chuckle. The game is over a decade old, my dude.
>>
>>51322036
That is specifically agaisnt the tenets of Buddhism though. Being detached and calm protects you from your own suffering. You are supposed to relieve the suffering of others when you can.
>>
>>51314271
Three reasons:
>They're presented as being the good guys in their source material.
>People are predisposed to black/white morality, even if they're shown, time and again, that it's wrong.
>People don't like to have to think too hard about things, which makes the prior two points worse.
>>
>>51322050
Oh, I know. I just haven't had a proper desktop computer of any kind in about that long. Lot of vidya has passed me by that I haven't even been able to touch.

I'm still figuring out all this hubbub about Dark Souls. That's on the list, too.
>>
>>51314410
Are you autistic or just illiterate?
>>
>>51322134
Prepare to die
>>
>>51322036
You just don't get it.

You're supposed to feel compassion for the galaxy, you are a defender of the weak and upholder of justice. It's is your own personal wants and desires that you're supposed to conquer. It's the sacrifice of your selfish, petty, oh so very fucking small existence to maintain something greater.
>>
>>51322152
A lot, if anything I've heard is true.

I'm also prepared for what looks like some awesome historically inspired but still fantasy based arms and armour, which has been the main draw.
>>
>>51322134

A lot of the noise around Dark Souls is how immersive the world and lore are if you pay attention. You can just play them for the pretty good combat system, but if you take the time to read item descriptions and do the NPCs' side quests, a ton of story that isn't immediately apparent comes up. It's one of the best examples of presenting a deep story without having to throw it at the players.
>>
>>51322164
Those emotions could led to the darkside
>>
>>51322175
A lot of that is simply just throwing in vague references in to events and character that the writers don't know much about either and just hope that the players will puzzle it together into something coherent.

At least that's what Miyazaki claims, but it really does seem like there must be something else to it as otherwise there's no reason that the lore of DS2 feels so much more disconnected, unimaginative and soulless than that of the first and third game.
>>
>>51322274
I liked Demon's Souls better, but I might be the minority, and I'll admit to not playing the rest of the Dark series after the first game.
>>
File: 49548393_p0_master1200.jpg (318KB, 480x679px) Image search: [Google]
49548393_p0_master1200.jpg
318KB, 480x679px
>>51322349
Bloodborne is the best souls game. I say this not because the doll is best waifu
>>
>>51321356
Using 'midichlorians' doesn't make you any harder science than using 'phase-inverse dimensional confabulator'.
>>
>>51322246
Jedi pls go>>51322246
>>
>>51318750
>love interest

Goddamn you shipping waifu faggots. Revan and the Exile were so fundamentally different that they wouldn't even be attracted to one another.
>>
>>51316234
>attachment to your penis
You already on the path to the darkside
>>
>>51314271
>You are a cipher, forming bonds, leeching the life of others, siphoning their will and dominating them
>>
>>51322164
Galaxy is a billions of years old bitch who doesn't care about anything. You can feel compassion for it all you want but that asteroid or gamma pulse from a star still going to kill you. It's pretty fair. Everyone gets the same treatment. It's a shitty treatment but Department of Galactic Complaints never opened so suck it up.

Defending the weak? Ok. Why do you defend them? Only because they are weak? What's so special about it? So it doesn't matter if they are assholes or just too uncaring to give a fuck even about their own continued existence? What if they don't want to maintain that "something greater" that you so gush about? And what is so great about it?
>>
>>51322036
>breaking the chains of attachment doesn't allow you to see objectively
What do you think enlightenment really is?
>>
>>51321402
Star Trek is mostly about soft philosophy but it can touch on some genuine sci-fi topics. Ethics of cloning, ethics of AIs, ethics of genetic engineering. It mostly just talks about ethics in general, and sometimes that discussion of ethics touches on ethical problems that could be considered part of the science fiction genre.
>>
Anyone else bully Kreia as much as they can?

I hate that smug lying old bitch. If you could kick her out of the party, I would.
>>
>>51322992
Nigger, I played the game terribly but comedically. Did you know in the first kotor you can kill the rancor without the poison?

I saved my grenades and as my team ran around stalling the rancor I was shooting it with mu'h lasers right? I figured it had an HP bar, it can die... well my team got gobbled, I ran and hide in a hole it couldn't fit through... and just threw all those grenades. Eventually it's gargantuan health bar reached zero.

That is neither the path of a jedi or a sith lol. That's the path of the type who picks the trooper class and doesn't need to live his life as a mary sue.
>>
File: edgear.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
edgear.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>51322870
t. teenage edgelord
>>
>>51323059
My nigga. Always did something similar as well. Fuck that thing.
>>
>>51323103
I just planted a shitload of mines. Come to think of it, this was the only time I've used mines, ever.
>>
>>51323103
>>51323059
>>51323113
>The Jedi feel a disturbance in the Force. Neither good nor evil... more of a chaotic neutral.
>The Emperor has hired a couple of mandalorian mercenaries to carry out Order 66.
>It's the classes from Team Fortress 2.
>They fuck it up and end up killing The Emperor's apprentice as well which creates a chain reaction of shit sith wannabe dark jedi and perpetual gang warfare.
>The mercs now have a lot of work.
>The Emperor grits his teeth and has to made an order 67 to kill those mercenaries with force sensitive mercenaries called Blue Team.
>>
>>51314271
The Jedi serve the will of the Force, and aren't tyrants like the Sith. Or they shouldn't be. They lost their way before the clone wars when they became servants of the Republic. They strayed further by becoming Generals in charge of an army of men bred for war

Not all who wield the Force and are not Jedi are evil. The Dagoyan masters despised the Jedi before they proved their good intentions. The Bendu does not care for the Dark and the Light, and he is more like a wild hermit, who is not troubled by the galactic turmoil of the Force. The Nightsisters show one can be cruel while wielding but not being naturally empowered by the Force, yet they are not bound to unwavering dominance and cruelty, and they have kinship that gives them comfort.
>>
>>51319959

Disney said so. If you disagree you disappear in the night.
>>
>>51323321
Except they started as warrior monks, very well respected, at least in legends, and in new canon it's not clear yet but I don't see disney putting too much into recanonizing past events just yet.
>>
>>51323790
The comics already recanonized the Hundred Years of Darkness and the fact that the Sith were created by fallen Jedi.
>>
>>51323855
Actually, no, they recanonized that Dark Jedi brought the Sith to the stars, remember they are a race, not just an ideology. Or have you not read up on all your Sith lore?
>>
>>51323063
Good. Let disdain flow through you. Feel superior. Will meet again on the Dark Side.

Though more seriously what's really so special about the mentioned things? You basically described most social services. Police, medics and so on. Jedis are basically a police force that thinks too much of themselves and makes a lot of unneeded restrictions on its members.

New Order done by Luke was much less pretentious and more reasonable.
>>
>>51323909
>New Order done by Luke was much less pretentious and more reasonable.
Shame they got so skull-fucked by the Vong.
>>
>>51323890
No. The Sith race do not exist in canon. In Legends, the Hundred Years of Darkness lead to the exile of the dark Jedi who found the Sith species and lead them to power, but in canon, it simply lead to their exile and those exiles and their followers later re-emerged as the Sith.
>>
>>51323321
Problem was not that they become servants of the Republic. Problem was that they still tried to throw their weight beyond that.

Let's for a moment pretend that jedis don't try to kill Palpatine. they don't have enough evidence to bring before senate and he controls senate from the top anyway so there is no point. Attacking him is giving him all the cards needed to disband or destroy the jedis.

But lets say jedis don't do this and instead roll with his election. Jedis still has enough privileges to not comply with orders from Palpatine that they really don't like. They may still be disbanded but it probably will happen further down the line and they have a chance to dodge Order 66.

Or maybe even try to work some sort of agreement with him for the good of the people.

Instead they try to "serve the will of the Force" and remove the sith. Results are somewhat substandard.
>>
>>51323966
So they haven't canonised a detail, that was pretty much confirmed in TCW tv show, with the Sith homeworld and Darth Banes existence, as he was half Sith half Human, seems odd to me.
>>
>>51324010
>Results are somewhat substandard.
Only because one of their own betrayed them. Sammy J was winning that fight.
>>
>>51324041
The Hundred-Years Darkness predates Bane by several thousand years.

Darth Bane was never half Sith, even in Legends he was pure human.
>>
>>51324067
Sith home world point still stands, but I can't think which Sith Lord it was that was a halfie, or why i got him confused with Bane.
>>
>>51324101
Vitiate, The Sith Emperor, was a half breed
>>
>>51324101
There haven't been Sith hybrids since the very, very beginning of the fallen Jedi taking over the leadership of the Sith people. You might be thinking of someone like Marka Ragnos and Simus and others of their era.
>>
File: SAAAVE MEEEE.jpg (11KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
SAAAVE MEEEE.jpg
11KB, 367x202px
>>51315214
>canon
>literally everything goes to shit post-ROTJ
>nobody has learned anything
>history repeats itself
>this is canon now
>>
>>51324139
He doesn't exist now and never did to me, being that he's fucking shit tier Nihilus copy cat that literally shat on everything that made Nihilus scary to begin with.
>>51324148
Must have been Marka Ragnos, why I do not know.
>>
File: ManNotCaring.gif (1MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
ManNotCaring.gif
1MB, 384x288px
>>51319025
>Hi, Mira.
>OMG, stop hitting on me, you're so old.
>...good talk.
>>
File: Atris_4.jpg (222KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Atris_4.jpg
222KB, 1600x1200px
>>51315460
>>51315698
>>51316523
The thing I liked about KotOR 2, that I like over most other Star Wars stories, is that it was different. It actually explored alternative aspects to the setting, and a different style of Star Wars story, instead of it just being another "plucky rebels against the evil empire" story, or some variation of it.

The Republic is on the brink of collapse, the Sith are a shadow of what they once were, yet still extremely dangerous. The Force is shown in a different light, the central protagonist isn't some infallible chosen one, every character has a pretty terrible secret, the galaxy as a whole is almost in a universal depression for reasons other than some oppressive evil empire. Looking over it all, it's extremely dark, but the darkness is hidden by layers so that it doesn't seem overly grimderp on the surface. The galaxy is in a terrible state, but not in a "rape and murder" everywhere sort of way.

Kreia is your teacher, for better or worse. You know she's not a good person, but some of the things she says makes sense, even if she lacks (or, more accurately, ignores) social protocol. Hell, she even refuses to acknowledge anyone by name, instead giving them monikers. She tried to breed you into her messiah, and in a twisted way, it kinda works.

Then you have Atris, who talks to you constantly like a spiteful ex-girlfriend. She says it's because you turned your back on what it means to be a Jedi, but it turns out that the real reason was not that, but that you turned your back on *her*, which explains why her hatred towards you is so personal.
>>
>>51316395
I didn't like most of pre-KotFE SWTOR. A lot of the stories ranged from "meh" to "bad" (particularly the Bounty Hunter story), with the Agent and Smuggler stories being pretty good.

But Fallen Empire was surprisingly great. It, to me, feels more like KotOR 3 than the rest of the game. It still has issues, of course, such as being absurdly easy (but the new expansion added a difficulty slider, so that's nice) but it's much more cinematic, more impressive presentation, a more interesting story, choices do matter (to a point, anyway, which is more that can be said about the class stories before). It's what TOR should been from the start.

The ending of Fallen Empire pissed me off, though. Since you're not to the end, I'll put it in a spoiler tag, you don't have a single victory, even though the game pretends you did. All you do is knock Arcann off the Eternal Throne. Vaylin becomes Empress, SCORPIO is her mentor or something, they know where the Alliance base is, Koth hijacks the Gravestone (if you make certain dark decisions), so there's literally nothing topping the Eternal Empire from returning and glassing the planet, and Senya betrays you. I haven't played Eternal Throne yet, so I don't know what it does to justify it. I don't mind a downer ending. In fact, I enjoy them. But it pissed me off that the game pretends you won.
>>
>>51317264
It's very difficult to master. Requires a ton of focus and power in the Force.
>>
File: 1464697971101.gif (1MB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
1464697971101.gif
1MB, 250x166px
>>51325837
I've read your spoiler, since I'm not afraid of knowing what's to come. Well, keep in mind that
The Empire Strikes Back didn't exactly end on the high note either. Yet all the fans still agree that it's the best Star Wars movie.
>>
>>51317489
He's honestly probably my favorite Sith out of all of Star Wars. He's evil, as a Sith should be, but logical and even-handed, and very patriotic. Very pro-unity, understanding that the Sith can't win if they succumb to infighting.
>>
>>51325895
I know, like I said, the downer ending isn't my problem. I was irritated by the game pretending it was a victory, when it was absolutely not.

Senya's betrayal actually hit me kinda hard, though, which I liked. I was actually pretty miffed by it, in part because I wanted to romance *her*, not Lana, but there was no option to. Tried shooting her down anyway, though, because my Agent doesn't take well to betrayal.
>>
File: Baras.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Baras.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>51325914
I really loved Darth Baras. He was an extremely entertaining, both as an ally and as an enemy, charismatic and clever...
...and also morbidly obese. And no one, absolutely no one in the story ever comments on it. Jesus Christ, I wonder how the Dark Side even has cookies anymore, that fat fuck should have eaten them all.
>>
File: AngrySuperSaiyan2.gif (498KB, 340x256px) Image search: [Google]
AngrySuperSaiyan2.gif
498KB, 340x256px
>>51325975
Baras and Jadus easily had the best performances in vanilla TOR, IMO. The former for his emotion, from absolute rage to subtle sarcasm, and the later for the complete opposite: chilling, dark, and emotionless,

>I can feel your anger, Master.
>A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!
>>
>>51326051
Jadus was a major disappointment, since he was much more interesting than both SIS and Star Cabal. I mean, imperial agent storyline is still the best, but I have no idea why they felt the need to bring out the big guns first and finish with the weaker villains.
>>
File: ENDLESS.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
ENDLESS.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>51314271
How many times are we going to have this thread?
>>
>>51326122
I agree. Jadus had a slightly bigger role pre-launch if you chose to side with him, but even then, not by much. Originally, he sends you on a mission to discover the Emperor's true plans, and then goes into hiding to consider what to do about it.

It's a real shame, though, because he was basically what I imagined the True Sith Kreia spoke of to be like. His plan is horrific and evil to a demonic level, and is so steeped in dark side power that anyone in his presence literally feels pain. He's almost a walking abomination like Darth Nihilus except, unlike Nihilus, Jadus still maintains his sapience. Granted, the Emperor/Valkorion/Vitiate seems to have taken that "True Sith horror" place.

But I love the scene where you meet him again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsH0qydrdiI&t=286s&ab_channel=thiz
>>
>>51326304
I also love how they don't let you pick the option, where everybody wins and there's sunshine and rainbows. You are sacrificing something. No third option. Pick your poison.
>>
>>51315232
>kotor online.
which hurts more, the fact is exists or that people still play it?
>>
>>51326354
Yeah, it was one of the best choices to make in the game. The light side option just leads to Jadus escaping.
>>
>>51325715
Well said
>>
>>51325837
>Smugger aka lets force you on numerous occasions to be an incompetent retard
>good

lad what are you smoking
>>
>>51326304
>Jadus had a slightly bigger role pre-launch if you chose to side with him, but even then, not by much. Originally, he sends you on a mission to discover the Emperor's true plans, and then goes into hiding to consider what to do about it.
yeah that's all still around, unless I completely imagined my DS playthrough in 2013

>>51326633
there's an option nested under a bunch of dialogue choices where you basically bluff him out and he essentially exiles himself
>>
File: POWER.gif (5MB, 529x222px) Image search: [Google]
POWER.gif
5MB, 529x222px
>>51324010
>Or maybe even try to work some sort of agreement with him for the good of the people.
Are we talking about the same guy?
>>
>>51327861
Palpatine was a nice guy
>>
>>51314271
And stuff like this makes me sad that people forget that KOTOR2 was a great game cut short because of time constraints.
>>
File: 1483150287673.jpg (12KB, 206x193px) Image search: [Google]
1483150287673.jpg
12KB, 206x193px
>>51328686
Remember when Kreia did nothing wrong?
>>
>>51314271
Because the Sith are moustache-twirlingly, baby-eatingly evil, so a gray hero is still very good next to them
>>
>>51328775
She did plenty wrong, but she was also not wrong in doing so as it was her philosophy and not malice why she did them.

Technically she did no wrong, but also everything wrong.
>>
>>51328775
I remember I was sad everytime I dissapointed her
>>
>>51328837
Was she Evil?
>>
>>51329871
Absolutely. She may not have been the cackling type, but the fact that she uses everyone or discards them when they are no longer useful and also claims to want to end the Force (which requires omnicide - literally killing every single being in the galaxy to do so and even then there's no guarantee that that would work) pretty much solidifies her position as Evil.
>>
>>51314271

>Why do people keep defending the jedi?

Because sith is an anagram of shit. Its one of those small things that people don't notice, but ends up having a large effect over time.
>>
>>51330090
She never wanted the death of the force. That was a lie.
>>
>>51330127
Was it? Or are you simply interpreting that she was lying simply based upon the fact that she lied about so many other things to the Exile and to the others she dealt with?
>>
>>51330162
The fact she send the exile to kill nihilus
>>
File: George-Soros.jpg (476KB, 3107x2330px) Image search: [Google]
George-Soros.jpg
476KB, 3107x2330px
>>51328321
If Palpatine is not evil why does he look exactly like George Soros?

Checkmate siths.
>>
>>51321511
>and a Neverwinter Nights 3.
Neverwinter Nights 2 has never left the top 10 sellers of GOG and Neverwinter Nights is still rank 15th. I wonder if there'll come a point where everyone has a copy of the games.
>>
>>51330504
He just wants to diversify europe anon. Don't be racist
>>
>>51315281
Remember, what matters about your favorite imaginary place is what the Shareholders think is important.
All hail our corporate overlords!
>>
>>51330504
Stop being antisemitic
>>
>>51332730
Sith are semites.
>>
>>51332760
Is that why they keep on trying to control everyone that's not them
>>
>>51321921
What about people that don't agree with Jedi or Sith?
>>
>>51322727
The old EU made the Exile have a one sided crush on Revan
>>
>>51333510
Only in SWTOR, that was shit, it doesn't count.
>>
I'll keep my mix of stuff i like from both the EU and the canon, i don't care if somethjng is not canon, if i like it i try to make it fit with the Canon.

Disney won't stop me from doing like i always did
>>
>>51333574
There was a novel too that was a prequel to swtor
>>
>>51333605
That was absolute shit as well, revan can use both light and dark throwing itself purely out of canon, by denying Georges canon rules, I can keep going.
>>
>>51333664
I was only saying that Swtor wasn't the only one to do it
>>
>>51318699
To me, the "canon" versions of the Revan the Exile would be

>Revan, dark side and female
>Reason being that it better justifies the horrible state of the Republic in KotOR 2, and Carth's romance with Revan has more build-up than Bastilla's

>Exile, light side and male
>Has to be light in order for the Jedi Order and Republic to be restored, male because Handmaiden > Disciple and the romantic tension with Atris has a bit more weight to it.

Inb4 someone denounces my headcanon as shit because it contradicts anon's or Legends.

Inb4 someone denounces my headcanon is shit to be quirky.
>>
Filoni and his team of kiss ass writers can't tell a good story without relying heavily on the scrap notes of the guys who worked on the first few movies
>>
>>51333769
It's supposed to be Male Revan, Female Exile. Handmaiden was supposed to be lesbian but that got cut like most of the game.
>>
>>51333872
I know what the canon is, I'm saying what my preference is.
>>
New thread?
>>
Here's an idea.

Kreia was right, but Yoda and Sheev were more right.
>>
>>51327861
Yep. that's him alright. A man who made everyone to dance to his fiddle. For all the excitement he shows in combat in planning stages he is scarily effective.

He never will go for permanent truce but getting a temporary arrangement should be possible. There was just not enough cards to play for him to remove jedis before they attempted an assassination.

He still would have probably disbanded Jedi Order pretty fast but their would have been time to pull jedis in the field back and slip out.
>>
>>51322134
Dark Souls Lore is like Evangelion. There are 16 different interpretations amongst 3 different fans, and at least two of those are drug fuelled and the author hates you.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.