[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever run or played a campaign where a player character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Have you ever run or played a campaign where a player character was a time traveler to what was essentially their times post-post-apocalyptic future?
>>
>>51312764
Yes. I played a time-traveler in M&M from an Age of Sail before the collapse of civilization 12,000 years ago.

Time-traveling is a really dumb power in M&M.
>>
>>51312764
The beginning of Final Fantasy X seems a lot less simple when you describe it like that.
>>
>>51312764
Literally my current character. Lived through the apocalypse, got trapped in a time bubble, got out of it a few thousand years later.
>>
>>51312764
In a Chrono-trigger inspired fantasy game right now, that describes half the party. Some of us are two apocalypses removed from each other.
>>
>>51312764

You must be thinking of a different game beccause you play as a Summoned Monster with it's own agency not a time traveler.
>>
File: 6-dream_(16).jpg (293KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6-dream_(16).jpg
293KB, 640x1024px
>>51316785
Less simple? As opposed to describing as him being a dream of the collective memories of a bunch of ghosts embedded in a wall on top of a holy mountain who gets pulled into the waking world because his dream father was morphed into a giant lovecraftian whale god as part of the perpetual cycle the of the parasitic bio-magical WMD known as Yu Yevon?
>>
>>51318377
I mentioned the beginning specifically. Before we find out all of that on Mt. Gagazet. Which is more than halfway through the game.
>>
Separate but related idea: I have wanted to run a fantasy game in a post-apocalyptic scifi future.

Sort of like Nier or a version of The Dying Earth where the world is actually recognisable.
>>
>>51312764
Speaking of final fantasy i'm just reading the rules for the tcg now and i am unclear on one thing.

Can you block an attacking forward with more then one forward or not it seems not but it never outright states it.

Also holy shit they should have picked a better name for the vigilance affect
>>
>>51313900
I had a similar character who came to the modern day from a Conan-esque pre-history
That guy also ended up in another game set in a slightly modified Freedom's Reach, he really got around
>>
>>51318377
Yu Yevon isn't a WMD, Sin is the WMD. Yu Yevon is just the summoner that made it out of the corpses of tens of thousands of his fellow citizens of Zanarkand to fight Bevelle

actually, that is what all the Fayth are.
>>
>>51312764
Yes.

And I will tell you that in any time-travel story, there's an incredibly fine line between it being done right and being done terribly wrong. Fucking hell, can it go horribly wrong.
>>
>>51312764

Have you ever run or played a campaign where a player character was literally a figment of an eternally sleeping soul's imagination?
>>
>>51321951
This goes all the way back to the Quantum Lich.
>>
>>51312764
You mean

>run or played a campaign where a player character was a dream
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.