[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Playing 5E >End up releasing and having to fight a Lovecraft-esque

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 170331.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
170331.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>Playing 5E
>End up releasing and having to fight a Lovecraft-esque Old One
>As we're about to roll for initiative, the DM stops us, hands us each a deck of playing cards without any further elaboration, then tells us to continue

How would you go about representing an Old One in a game by making it operate on a completely different rule-set to that of the game you're introducing it in?
>>
>>51312046
>hands us each a deck of playing cards
Lol
>>
>>51312046
I like the idea.

Make the card draws culminative with passing turns, too. On turn one, you drew a four of clubs. On turn two, your draw is a four of clubs and the jack of spades. On turn five everybody has a five card hand and compares them; something especially hideous happens to whoever has the worst hand. The Old One draws extra cards and assembles the best possible hand out of them.

Half way through the battle switches over to beer pong where the PC cup formation is an elder sign and the Old One has a random clusterfuck of cups.
>>
>>51312046
Your DM is pretty smart desu. I'd go with

>>51313904
>>
>>51312046
I like the idea, but I'm unsure. I think it could work, but the execution would have to be perfect. And I don't know how it would go.

Also, it's probably the kind of thing you can only do once to have the same impact.
>>
>>51312046
>Halfway through the fight the DM makes us load up League of Legends to avoid damage
>>
>>51317961
Nigga wut? I donno none o dat LoL shit. Hit me up
>>
>>51312046
you should have player uses all the old odd ball rules from Advance Dungeons And Dragons like casting time, speed modifiers and rolling under stats and ugh...THAC0.
>>
I'm personally of the strictly Lovecraftian school of "run now, because that thing automatically kills 2D6 player characters a turn, no saves allowed", but I guess a change of rules suddenly can be very interesting. Keep us up to date bud.
>>
>>51316461
I just made a scenario to illustrate the concept.
>Implying I have a group to play with ;_;

>>51317945
I don't think it's necessarily unrepeatable. It won't have the same novelty as the first time, which gives it the shock factor, but you'll still have players scrambling to figure out what to do each time assuming you keep it varied.

>>51320789
I have other priorities when it comes to RPGs at the moment, so don't get your hopes up. I more just wanted to pitch the idea to anyone who might be interested, and possibly facilitate some discussion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.