[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Play AC >Choose Gaians for no real reason, decide to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: AlphaCentaurifactions.jpg (86KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
AlphaCentaurifactions.jpg
86KB, 680x512px
>Play AC
>Choose Gaians for no real reason, decide to go for a diplomacy victory
>Spawn on an island next to Spartans and Hive
>Try to remain neutral Hive overwhelms Spartans, still want that diplomacy victory
>Spartans won't trade technology with me because I wouldn't help them
>Spartans die, Hive keeps attacking me, accepting settlement, then betraying and attacking me again
>I'm way behind in combat tech because I invested in infrastructure and environmental stuff, I can't possibly catch up
>Build two chokepoint cities to and fill them each with a dozen of my strongest unit: scout rovers, which go down in one or two attacks
>Finally am able to build one transport foil, send it out in hopes of finding someone to trade with
>Just before my chokepoint cities fall, I find the University
>They're in a long war with the Believers and fell behind in infrastructure tech, so we trade
>Ruthlessly wipe the Hive out of existence with my now superior technology
>Ignore all of Yang's offers for peace
>Realize that I have become the very thing I hated
I love this game.
>>
File: Aki sad.png (93KB, 340x359px) Image search: [Google]
Aki sad.png
93KB, 340x359px
Beyond Earth was supposed to be the spiritual successor to this game.

mfw I played it.
>>
Bumping for reasons
>>
>>51310783
Yeah, factions just didn't feel like they had any personality.
>>
File: Xcom ISIS.jpg (97KB, 594x567px) Image search: [Google]
Xcom ISIS.jpg
97KB, 594x567px
>>51310730
>Play Believers
>Realize that this is a Probe faction pretending to be a militant faction
>Holy fucking shit Fundamentalist retarded why am I allowed to do this

We must dissent takes on a whole new meaning now. You're suppose to play them like ISIS. Terrorist attacks and stolen tech preceding an actual invasion a bunch of shitty units that still punch mile above their weight because Space Jesus thirsts for Hiver blood.
>>
File: 1474532751813.gif (1MB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
1474532751813.gif
1MB, 499x654px
>>51310783
>Play hot Arab girl's faction
>Go for Supremacy and go for power production
>Only make one city on a bay
>Start covering the land with Power plants so I can buy more land
>Found the Brazilian to the south of me and the Chinese to the west
>My one city is advance as fuck and is trading with several stations
>The Brazilians and Chinese already have 12 fucking cities and big militarizes
>They're like "lol I hope you like being at war because you're going to get it"
>Start BUYING range infantry
>Zergling rush them to death

BE is a MUCH lesser AC but goddamn it still had it's moments of stupid fun
>>
>>51315046
I always played them as maximum builders.
>>
>>51315046
I haven't read them, but the synopsis for one of the official novels make them sound like that too.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_of_the_Mind_(SMAC)
>>
>>51315273

I agree completely. Beyond Earth wasn't up to the standards of SMAC, or even most main line Civ games, but it was still a solid game with a few really great ideas. I'm just sad it never got a second expansion. The first one did a lot, and I think a second might have really made it a legit good game. Then again, I can't really blame Firaxis for bailing on it for Civ 6.
>>
File: 1446649865164.jpg (159KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1446649865164.jpg
159KB, 500x524px
>>
There are a lot of 4x tabletops, but are there any that are actually directly colonising another planet, SMAC/BE style? The only ones I can think of are either set on contemporary earth, in fantasy lands or in space.
>>
>>51310783
>>51312590
Too busy thinking about racial inclusion quota to think about good story.
>>
File: 1451948035639.png (919KB, 1004x715px) Image search: [Google]
1451948035639.png
919KB, 1004x715px
>>51310783
My problem was that I would get to wrapped up reenacting starship troopers to give a fuck about the other civs.
If there was a mod to just have your civ and 2-8 Alien hives to be exterminated I would play the shit outta that.
>>
>>51318925
>OP pic
>white, blacks, latino, arab, asian
>still a much better game
>>
>>51310730
The first step to getting anywhere with diplomacy is to ensyure that everyone around is open to diplomatic solutions.

Ie stuffing Yang, Deidre and Santiago in a punishment sphere, welding it shut, and gluing the dial to eleven.
>>
>>51310730
>Making deals with AI
>Hive AI
>Has capacity to build two stronghold bases
>No army to build
>Actually using rovers to defend static positions
Son, this either is some sort of bait or you are REALLY green to SMAC, no Gaian pun intended.
>>
>>51318925
>Implying there is any story going in BE
I mean I was expecting BE to suck, but boy, oh boy, I was unprepared on this level of blandness
>>
>>51315273
>>51318805
>BE
>Send trader for meaningless +2 production bonus
>Factions have zero flavour
>Leaders with no personality
>Quotes are just random piece of trash
>Somehow dumbed down Civ 5 mechanics to even dumber
>No unit design
>NO story or backstory
>Interchangable bonuses at the start, making mechanical differences useless

This game is shit and anyone who says otherwise is literally lying to him/herself to not feel bad about playing this piece of trash
>>
>>51320413
>hippy nudist girl
>russian scientist
>latino guerilla
>greedy african blood diamond tycoon
>communist chinese guy who is a genius but also a soulless robot
>fanatical preacher
>Indian is Gandhi jr
They are all stereotypes.

I think that actually makes it better desu. They become sort of like an archetype
>>
>>51315046
>play Believers
>A single stack of rocket infantry entrenched on a thick fungus square holds a landbridge between me and the University
>almost a century passes and that unit has almost the max veteran bonus
>fighting and WINNING against deathspheres and chaos shard tanks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.