[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GMing a Mutants and Masterminds 3e game. My players absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Your mind on 4chan 2.png (345KB, 514x390px) Image search: [Google]
Your mind on 4chan 2.png
345KB, 514x390px
GMing a Mutants and Masterminds 3e game.

My players absolutely hate the system's combat no matter what I do. I try to keep combats as brief as possible (no more than an hour and a half).

I really, really fucked up latest session by having the stealthy enemy out in the open and my secondary objective of destroying a magic reinforced stone building's toughness a bit too high, but my players think that the whole aspect of toughness rolls in this system is garbage. One of my players had threatened to leave beforehand, and now they're leaving for certain now.

I get critiqued on a constant basis by on of the experienced Gm players on a constant basis for using this system, and the other players agree. But I find that my players treating this like we're playing F.A.T.A.L. or some other terrible tier RPG is getting on my fucking nerves.

On the other hand, this is a group that actually likes to RP a lot, and I appreciate it and wouldn't want to throw it all away. Is there any way I can convince them that this system isn't as nearly as bad as they say it is, or should I just give up?
>>
Just jump to a different system if only you like this one. You can pretty easily keep the same characters and there's a million superhero games.
>>
>>51301820
I've heard nothing but good about the new Apocalypse World book "Masks". You could try that.
>>
How the hell do you have combat lasting too long in this game?
I couldn't get combat to last more than 10 minutes in my game
>>
>>51301820
Wild Talents
>>
>>51302968
>>51303034
>>51302845

I appreciate the guidance, but I am really still not sure if I want to just halt the game that's currently going on and have everyone restat all of their characters.

>>51302845
For me, I think I'm in a lose lose situation. If combats take "too long", the combat sucks. If the combats end too quickly, it's anti climatic.

I didn't here about this complaining from another GM's 100 Kua toa fights in the 5e game the leaving player was in when the monster makes a saving throw, doesn't turn out to be immune until someone uses an ability, or when someone rolls two 1s on their damage dice.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.