[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which RPGs are you most looking forward to in 2017? Based o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: new kult.jpg (402KB, 601x850px) Image search: [Google]
new kult.jpg
402KB, 601x850px
Which RPGs are you most looking forward to in 2017?

Based on this poll on ENWorld, here are their top 10:

1. Trudvang Chronicles
2. Tales from the Loop
3. Kult: Divinity Lost
4. Star Trek Adventures
5. Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
6. Starfinder
7. Witcher
8. Coriolis
9. Delta Green Roleplaying Game
10. Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3792-News-Digest-WotC-Convention-Announcements-Acquisitions-Inc-Cast-Shake-up-Evil-Hat-s-2017-Releases-(with-a-new-product-announced)-and-more!
>>
>>51293918
I don't even know what Coriolis or Tales from the Loop are.
>>
>>51293918
Definitely Witcher.

I had joined a game run by a Pollack and I really liked the system, although the translation he provided was a tad shotgun surgery.
>>
>>51293918
Not a pure RPG, but the Dark Souls Board Game is looking pretty cool.
>>
>>51293918
Pic related
But slightly worried
>>
>>51294570
>But slightly worried
About the new Powered by the Apocalypse rules? Yeah, me too.
>>
File: the samhill.jpg (196KB, 981x974px) Image search: [Google]
the samhill.jpg
196KB, 981x974px
>>51293918
>4. Star Trek Adventures
I have no ill will against Trek and I even enjoy bits of OS, TNG and DS9, but really, who is that excited about a Trek RPG? It's not like you couldn't do Trek-like things in a much more interesting hard sci-fi universe. Is it just nostalgia/brand appeal?
>>
ALTERNITY 2.0
>>
>>51294782
I sounded so good when pitched.
But the lack of Mental Balance, the probable loss of magic and the fact the system seems very limiting makes me pause.
I want to here some other folks live play it before I feel confident and I'll want to see some scenarios as well.
>>
Why not just play these games already? Why do you have to wait for them to come out? They aren't really anything special, if they've hyped up the setting you probably know enough to run the game already. There are thousands of RPG systems out there, you're telling me you can't figure out a way to run these games without putting dollars to a Kickstarter to get a book to tell you what to do? RPGs are do-it-yourself hobbies. My friends and I made up our own rules when we needed to and other than that the generic systems we had sufficed just fine. We could also just rip mechanics from dedicated systems and use those to avoid paying for them. But wait, /tg/ has more money than sense so they will buy all these games, as well as waiting another 6 months for them to be realeased, when you could be playing them right now.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.