[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Incredibly interesting little system, but the conflict resolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: torchbearer.jpg (178KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
torchbearer.jpg
178KB, 600x800px
Incredibly interesting little system, but the conflict resolution subsystem is very underwhelming. It doesn't mesh very well with the rest of the game, and is kind of a hassle to run.

Are there any optional ways of resolving conflicts out there?
>>
>>51287641
I've been meaning to get into Toerchbearer a bit. What's it like? What sort are you looking for?
>>
>>51288807

It's really fun. I really like almost everything about the game, but the conflict rules feel a bit weird. I don't know. Maybe after a few sessions it will click with us, but right now my players feel like the conflicts are way too abstract and narrative in all the wrong places, and I kind of agree.

They should've gone with a lighter version of Burning Wheel's Fight! rules, I like that, but not THIS much lighter.
>>
>>51288866
Sounds good, I guess I'll grab a copy. Would porting Burning Wheel's Fight! rules be hard?
>>
>>51288953

A bit. The games from Luke Crane games is that they're playtested and refined extensively. That means most systems and subsystems in the game are very interconnected, so hacking them could break some stuff.

That's mainly why I made this thread, to see if there are any optional rules out there that have succeeded in hacking the conflict systems.

I suggest trying the game as it is written, and see what works and doesn't with your group.
>>
>>51288984
>The games from Luke Crane games is that they're playtested and refined extensively.

Sorry, I meant "thing about Luke Crane games..."
>>
>>51288953
>I guess I'll grab a copy
If you want to take a look first, pretty sure it's in the OSR Trove
>>
>>51289137
Turns out I already have it saved.

>>51288984
Now that makes me wonder. I prefer modular/moddable games, so I wonder how stuff being interconnected to such a degree works out.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.