[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 439
Thread images: 73

File: 01-The-Eye-of-the-World-outside.jpg (237KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
01-The-Eye-of-the-World-outside.jpg
237KB, 970x545px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

That Road to Adventure Edition
Tell me, how do you prefer to start up an adventure for your players? As a player what were your favorite ways of starting your adventure? And for you Homebrewers and Worldbuilders, How do you introduce your players to a whole new world? What about getting players vested into new already made settings?

How does one get into Eberron?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit#heading=h.pzrvi3ovaa70

Old Thread: >>51281231
>>
I'm rolling up a bard since my Vigilante bit it /pfg/. What archetype lets me make the cutest Bard?
>>
>>51286470
The way I got into it, and got my friends into it, was a long preamble summarising the last million years of Eberron's history.
The line "Thus began the age of demons. This was a bad age to be anything." is by far my favorite quote from that.
>>
>>51286548
Do you have a copy of said preamble, and are you willing to share?

Also, what sort of voice would you recommend imagining it being narrated in?
>>
Why is there such a hateboner for the Occult classes?

Even the ones that allow 3pp Psionics tends to blanket ban them.

I just don't get it. If it were a setting issue, stop fucking playing in Golarion because not only is it canon there, it's an important part of established lore.

If it's a power issue, ban the fucking wizard and cleric first, not the casters with shitty spell lists and even shittier spellcasting mechanics.
>>
>>51286583
Some of them are just plain bad, some of them are just plain bad unless you go full 3pp, and the flavor isn't always there. There's also some clunky mechanics.
>>
What would it take to remake Golarion into something similar to Eberron? I imagine it would require focusing on a specific region (such as the Inner Sea) and carving out most of the pantheon?
>>
Has /pfg/ got over their disdain for ZS Warders?

I'd like to know what feats do you good fellas recomend for them if that's the case.
>>
>>51286598
You would need internal setting consistency on the nature and availability of magic and magic items, and the implications therein
>>
>>51286572
Sadly, my DM would prefer I didn't. There's a timeline in the books, though, so you can pretty easily establish your own.
>>
File: -------------------------------.png (182KB, 526x944px) Image search: [Google]
-------------------------------.png
182KB, 526x944px
>>51286459
Yeah, I know the basic lore behind them. Didn't know about them+undead, though. Was reading about the War of the Mark and how aberrant marks work. Kind of a shame, seemed like an interesting mechanic.

>>51286483
The Aberrant Dragonmark feat lets you have some non-destructive powers. Tenser's Floating Disk, Light, Charm Person, for example. The logic for it is there.

>>51286486
Nah, there's even a psionic race right here. Psionics would work. Spheres... well, Eberron works on advanced magic and advanced arcanery, so that's debatable. I'll see if there's something that would make it fit.

Path of War... Well, I guess martial things are fluff agnostic.

>>51286583
All about what people know. It's relatively new, so people need to get used to it and understand how psychic magic works compared to arcane/divine.
>>
>>51286629

Surprisingly, Avowed clicks with Eberron incredibly well!
>>
>>51286629
There was information on Book of Nine Swords on how to convert those styles onto Eberron (Iron Heart was an old Goblin combat-school for instance, and Tiger Claw is common to shifters as a self-defense art). Theoretically then, Path of War would be able to slot in just as easily.
>>
>>51286629
Yeah, but Keith Baker complained about it. He's okay with Charm Person, but not Light and Floating Disk, because they don't have any justification for the predjudice against them. Someone with Light or Floating Disk isn't really an Aberrant dragonmarked character because there ISN'T that risk of controlling someone, there's just 'shit I lit up the room'. Those are more just a new dragonmark.

Also, Tome of Battle makes reference to Eberron in a few places, so yeah, Initiators are MEANT to work there. The Shifter race from Eberron is all over the Bloodclaw Master class.
>>
>>51286629
Second interested guy here again. Spheres... Would honestly be a hit or miss. Could be easy to fluff it as an alternative method that was discovered relatively recently to handle the arcane magics, instead of using spellslots and materials.

Oh, and this might also be of some use: It's a site that converted most of 3.5e's Eberron stuff to PF. Iunno how much of it is useful or even balanced, but it might be worth a passing glance:

https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/Home
>>
>>51286583
For me, it's that they came out at a time when I was frankly done with Paizo's shit design (still am). The ACG was clusterfuck that didn't need to happen, and the way they handled both the vigilante and kineticist playtests really left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention psionics operates in a /very/ similar design space both thematically and mechanically, while also not being vancian or as clunky. SoP coming out later just made me not really want to learn more shit. IMO the pathfinder stuff we have access to with just paizo, DSP, SoP, FFS, and Jolly is too much and is really cluttered, not just on paizo's part. Me disliking the occult classes just is a reaction to that.
>>
>>51286583
>it's an important part of established lore.
No it's not. They basically just shoved it where "well if you're gonna put Psionics put it here" areas. Which is basically just Vudra and Elf planet.
>>
>>51286629
>>51286685
Spheres IS fluff agnostic. Spheres can be Arcane Magic, Divine, Psionic, whatever fluff wise. That's what traditions are for.
>>
>>51286652
The current party in the Eberron game I'm in has a Daelkyr Half-Blood Old One Betrothed (a cultist made a pact with their Daelkyr lord as a means of escape) and a Penitent Fiend Pact (who was an attempt by the Lords of Dust to remove the immortality from a Marilith who failed in their service and grant it to a powerful soldier in their service.) Also a Diaboli Mageknight (a subject of the Quori on Dal Quor trapped on the material plane).

>>51286710
The Quori and Kalashtar are a fucking huge part of the setting, and the latter is actually the FIRST RACE he came up with. He shoved it off to the side because he knew people had hateboners for psionics so he wanted it to be possible to ignore it entirely, even though he personally loved 'em.
>>
>>51286722
>Kalashtar
What?
The post I responded to was talking about Golarion, not Eberron unless he made a typo.
>>
>>51286722
hgh I missed we weren't talking about eberron and psionics there, i'm a dumbass.
>>
>>51286722

>Eberron campaign I'm in

Where do you find these people.
>>
>>51286747
That anon's DM here. Mostly it was "someone volunteered to run eberron, and the playgroup was interested"
>>
>>51286583
Because the Occultist is the only good one of the bunch

And by part of the setting, I think you mean jammed and crammed into places at last minute
>>
>>51286759
Generally speaking Psionics in D&D settings that aren't Dark Sun are always shoved to the side so people don't feel obliged to use them.
>>
>>51286759
Spiritualist is fairly good too.

>>51286780
Except Eberron, really.
>>
File: 1474635183845.jpg (228KB, 650x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1474635183845.jpg
228KB, 650x1010px
>>51286759
The weird part is.

Occultist feels more like a Wizard than the fucking wizard or any of the Arcane full-casters.
>>
>>51286804
What do you mean?
>>
>>51286696
(reposting in case the anon has moved threads) If it exists in D&D, it has a PLACE in Eberron. Keith Baker has stated that means that you can POTENTIALLY slot anything in, not that everything automatically exists in it.
>>
>>51286810
The 'various magical knick-knacks as part of class' thing, I think. It's come up before.
>>
>>51286814
Yes but Psionics does canonically exist in Eberron.

Spheres is a moot point, because Spheres is supposed to represent almost any supernatural phenomena you can imagine.
>>
>>51286755

Oh! Well I hope you guys are having a blast!
>>
File: 0254.png (144KB, 585x760px) Image search: [Google]
0254.png
144KB, 585x760px
Oh shit the interest.

>>51286652
Gah. I should really read up on that.

>>51286672
Oh, convenient. Let me dig up my old copy and see...

>>51286676
I see. Thanks for helping me understand this stuff, I like having as much knowledge as possible before I DM anything in a setting. Not new to DMing, but certainly new to Eberron.

>>51286685
Most of this conversion seems unnecessary. The original stuff works fine with the most minor tweaks. Still, I'll bookmark it.
>>
>Was going to pitch a campaign setting idea
>/pfg/: we only like eberron now edition
Welp, into the trash that goes. If it's not Golarion or Eberron, settings aren't usually found to be interesting by /pfg/
>>
>>51286810
It's John Constantine in Class form, and also feels like magic users from Sword and Sorcery type settings
>>
>>51286893
Pitch it, anon! Golarion is kitchen sinky bullshit, and I found Eberron mediocre when I played it last
>>
>>51286893
Oh, stop that!

Tell us!

Just because we're talking about something at the moment doesn't mean that's all we like!
>>
>>51286893
>Was going to pitch a campaign setting idea
Pitch it anyway. Granted I won't be able to join since my schedule is full, but I'll tell you if it's a good idea or not?
>>
>>51286893
I like Dragonlands, even though most of the shit in it never finished getting fleshed out.
>>
>>51286831
Yes, but it also exists in Planescape regardless because Mind Flayers.

>>51286893
or you could not be a manipulative dumbass and post it anyway instead of trying to fish for cuteposting. no-one's goddamn said they won't, they're just interested in eberron right now.
>>
>>51286910
>found Eberron mediocre
You're mediocre! You will never ride into the gates of Valhalla! You will never be Shiny and Chrome!
>>
>>51286893
An attempt at gathering pity huh.
>>
>>51286929
>Yes, but it also exists in Planescape regardless because Mind Flayers.
I don't get your point with this. Psionics is reasonably entrenched with Eberron. If you don't like it you don't like it but don't pretend it isn't part of the setting.
>>
File: MAD MAX FIERI ROAD.gif (2MB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
MAD MAX FIERI ROAD.gif
2MB, 600x255px
>>51286949
GREASY AND FRIED!
>>
>>51286949
What does Mad Max have to with Eberron?
>>
File: 1477055928002.jpg (36KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
1477055928002.jpg
36KB, 340x368px
>>51286929
>>51286954
Well if he wasn't going to share it then he sure as hell won't now.
>>
>>51286990
What doesn't Mad Max have to do with anything, really?
>>
File: 1480959782920.gif (365KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480959782920.gif
365KB, 480x270px
>>51286910
>I found Eberron mediocre
As someone just looking into it, what did you find mediocre? What are some of the issues people have with the setting?
>>
File: pouting.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
pouting.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>51286997
If he needed that confidence boost then we're likely not missing out on anything. He could prove me wrong, but "oh boohoo I'm not good enough I feel sad" is a bad way to introduce yourself to the community.

There's no need to insult everyone and pic-related before you've even put it up unless you know it'll be bad.
>>
>>51287057
>unless you know it'll be bad.
That's generally what people with confidence issues think.
>>
>>51287075
Do what I do and use some self-deprecating humor then. Don't pre-bitch your audience.
>>
>>51287044
My biggest issue is more of a meta-problem than one with the setting, and that's dragonmarks.
Lore is only certain races, and often only certain direct bloodlines, get them; anything else is rare beyond stupidly rare.

So when someone stats up a character that isn't a core race it's like, the fuck do we do now? Let them suck without dragonmark access? Let them break the lore to keep up with the party? etc etc.
Not generally as big an issue as "no jedi or all jedi" at least.
>>
>not taking what you like from different media that you like and patching it all together to make something "original"
>using the shit pre-existing settings
It's like you guys hate fun.
>>
>>51287099
What is a dragonmark do, mechanically and thematically?
>>
>>51287044
Warforged in general don't act very robotic. They come across as Michael Bay Transformers. In addition, most enemies you encounter are usually undead or constructs, in other words boring as fuck to fight if you aren't a paladin
>>
File: 534.png (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
534.png
21KB, 500x500px
>>51286893
Oof. Upcoming Eberron GM here... just take heart, man. I've run an awesome homebrew setting(based on Dominions 4) and had the time of my life with it.

>>51287057
Like... this, honestly. This is a problem I had when I was starting out GMing. I'd lose confidence in my overarching plotlines and intrigue, lose faith, and drop the whole thing.

You gotta self motivate a bit if you're GMing, but the happiness of your players is worth it when you get going.

Yeah I'm a sap and a ForeverGM, shoot me.
>>
>>51287103
I'm trying to work a setting together that's Legends of Galactic Heroes, Metal Gear Rising, the Crusades, Monster Hunter, and a dash of magitechnical anachronisms.

It's a fucking mess.
>>
>>51287118
>Warforged in general don't act very robotic
I don't think they're supposed to be.
>>
>>51287113
Thematically they generally get used to identify you as the 'rightful' bloodlines of major families.

Mechanically they give you spell abilities and open up several other feats and options, including the almighty DFA prestige class (heir of syberys or something was it?). The spells are decent enough; a level 1-2 a few times per day for the lesser mark, and so on.
>>
>>51287150
So you don't need one to be functional as a PC?
>>
>>51287143
That sounds fucking awesome. Hope it turns out well for you.
>>
>>51287118
>Enemies are all undead or constructs
That does sound like hell to build around, from a player PoV.
>>
>>51287144
Maybe not, but that in itself kind of turns me off to the entire race. They're very 'constructs for the sake of constructs' rather than actually exploring interesting roleplay options by making a lifeform that actually approaches problems differently.
>>
On the subject of settings how weird would it be to restrict power source by race? Assume there's a reasonable in setting reason for it.
>>
>>51287113
Each mark is basically a part of the fate of the world written down; the dragons have been keeping tabs on this shit since forever and a half ago and will be very interested in looking you over.
The phrophecy itself people argue over the endgame of, but they do all agree it's going to cause huuuge changes.

Mechanically iirc you get some neat themed spell-like abilities.
>>
File: f0302dj0494.gif (6MB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
f0302dj0494.gif
6MB, 480x269px
>>51286470

Probably one of the most entertaining ways I started an adventure was for a short, two player game. Another PC and I were preparing to fight a duel for the hand of the woman we both loved. However, before we got very far, the town was attacked by monstrous bandits, and though we slew many, they made off with the girl, and we set out to rescue her together.

Plenty of back-to-back heroism ensued, as we slaughtered our way through increasingly dangerous foes (who kept stealing the girl from her current captor right before we arrived). Finally, we defeated a mighty giant and rescued her at last; however, we'd grown to respect each other greatly, and I decided to step aside and let the two find happiness together. Turns out, the other guy had the same idea, and we soon fell to arguing. The game ended with us preparing to fight a duel to prove the other should find happiness with her, and her undoubtedly marveling at our stupidity.
>>
>>51287174
You're telling me, I was playing an illusionist caster. And this was before Mesmerist, so no psychic inception to get around that.
>>
>>51287190
They do approach things differently though. They're just not "beep boop command master?" robots.
>>
>>51287190
Sounds like you haven't read races of eberron, that book is FULL of the actual meat of the race, which is awesome.

>>51287099
It's a minor mechanical benefit that you can invest in to get some kinda decent spell like abilities, this isn't even close to a make or break for players. Hell, by PF standards, a dragonmark would probably be a trait (which makes more sense if I'm being honest).
>>
File: alldone.jpg (260KB, 792x547px) Image search: [Google]
alldone.jpg
260KB, 792x547px
>>51287143
>Dem Fleet
>Starfighters are actually cybernetic or nanotech monstrosities capable of wrecking ungodly havoc with their mass-amplitude pre-emptive weapon spells if the capital barrages don't at least reduce their numbers well enough
>The cores of which can detatch for unfuckinggodly boarding actions if required, or sometimes launch a breacher pod full of crusaders
>Land battles are between giant armored bioweapons and squads of religious cyberknights

Tell us more anon
>>
>>51287222
You try writing a plot for a game where only 3/5 players are dragonmarked that keeps the other 2/5 interersted.
They're big deals in-universe, you can't have one and NOT be the center of something's attention.
>>
>>51287165
Nah, it's not like being blooded in Birthright or anything.

Well, if you want to be a non-evil DFA you need one, but that's a different story.
>>
File: grp0118014128.png (48KB, 273x300px) Image search: [Google]
grp0118014128.png
48KB, 273x300px
>>51287144
>>51287190
>>51287217
They are influenced by their programming, it's just that their programming didn't expect them to have personalities.

That's the impression I get, anyway. The book mentions how they frequently disregard ethical thoughts because they were created to fight, not wonder if fighting is right.
>>
>>51287243
Wouldn't it just be easier to say "no dragonmarked PCs"
>>
File: do anyway.png (221KB, 502x256px) Image search: [Google]
do anyway.png
221KB, 502x256px
>>51287243
Yeah, I've done that, just because they have one doesn't mean it has to dominate the story, that just sounds lazy.
>>
>>51287243

>You try writing a plot for a game where only 3/5 players are Targaryen princes that keeps the other 2/5 interersted.
>>
>>51287257
Personally I've always seen Warforged as kill-bots that suddenly find themselves without a war to fight... at which point their creators are like, what the hell are these personalities doing in here?
There's a whole thing between Warforged who demanded their freedom, warforged who were like "uh, give me a new job, fucko", etc
>>
File: Gespenst.jpg (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gespenst.jpg
85KB, 1920x1080px
>>51287237
>MAPW
I Srw what you did there
>>
File: warforged paladin.png (87KB, 1093x311px) Image search: [Google]
warforged paladin.png
87KB, 1093x311px
>>51287289
>>
>>51287243
Had something similar happen to me.

Was in a party of six where everyone had hero points. Hero points were a big deal and one physically was a "hero", being a hero was something measurable and quantifiable.

I was the only one who didn't have hero points. I decided to give them up for an anti-hero feat.

The fact that I was not special, yet stood besides them as an equal, made me special in and of itself. That and the fact I was a good deal more meticulous and conniving than the other party members.
>>
Speaking of settings, I miss Godboundposting
>>
>>51287346
I got into a godbound game recently and while the rules and default setting are decent, the players somehow managed to turn a simple "fray die and ranged gift attack" into a 20 minute ordeal.
>>
>>51287168
>>51287237
This is basically as far as I got:

>17th century (maybe 18-19th century technology after accounting for magic)
>Empire vs Alliance of City States
>Phezzan-like 3rd party arbitrator potentially pulling some strings
>City-states surrounded by large untamed wilderness
>Untamed wilderness has MonHun monsters
>Mass transit between Cities via magitech trains or some thing to avoid the big ass monsters
>Empire is HRE/Prussian themed, Noblesse Oblige
>Empire has more tech and is generally more advanced
>Alliance has big heroes from all the monster hunting
>Crusades will probably happen.
>PCs could be from PMCs from arbitrator country, or it could just all be between different city-states
>Or PCs could be an elite task force from either Empire or Alliance
>Land ownership possibilities as either alliance city state govenors or as citizens within empire
>Migration of people between empire and alliance might be an interesting point to look into
>Mass Combat if the subsystem didn't suck, or if I could find a better replacement
>Empire would probably be good, if not a bit ruthless, and may have a Titans/A-Laws elite force a la Gundam
>Alliance would have corruption, but bring forth democracy and social mobility.

I also am considering there to be some sort of "Four Generals" thing with the Empire, with them roughly being elemental themed. And probably a Char Aznable from MSG, Gaius van Baelsar from FFXIV, and some MGR:R type villains. And definitely philosophy on the nature of rule/democracy and the rules of nature.
>>
>>51287378
Twist it a little; everyone expects the empire to be the big evil nobles.

Democratic empire vs alliance of noble-ruled city states. Like if it was Canada that had taken over a continent. It's not all bad at all, but it IS taking over. That way the "attacked underdogs" aren't the scrappy CG good guys yet again.

This also explains WHY they're the ones with the monster-hunters and big-damn-heroes; likely to do with bloodlines and inbreeding no less.

This helps your philosophy stuff on a few fronts, like suddenly having a debate over temples with their cleric magic, versus universal healthcare
>>
>>51287437
>Everyone can get powerful healing treatments, but the wait times can mean sitting there suffering for half a day, worried you might catch whatever the person sitting next to you has got. Limited resuscitation and revival that more people can use particularly when it's carried by them in the military units.

>If you've got the money for it, you can even get grandpa reincarnated. But most people don't have the money for detox let alone remove curse or true-rez, though the heroes and nobility certainly do. Those houses have stood for very long for a reason.
>>
File: thumb640x360.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumb640x360.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>51286470
my dmis mad at me because i opened a taco truck.
>>
>>51287437
>Democratic empire vs alliance of noble-ruled city states.
That might make the democratic guys a little too overtly bad though. They'd have democracy, sure, but they'd be corrupt and now expansionist. However I totally get the point of avoiding the CG underdogs thing again. I wanted it to be more LG vs LG if anything, with both sides having less "Good" to them as you look deeper.

So city-states are each ruled by a few houses, and multiple cities ally to defend against the encroaching democratic empire? Might work, honestly. I did have a thought to make the city states all remnants of a former nation that went through a sengoku-jidai/warring states period, but crumbled into individual sovereign states. PCs could probably try to unite the cities in a more formal alliance to restore the broken nation.

>>51287478
Medical tech being available to both sides or just to one? I like the idea of it being on both, with the democratic side being subsidized or something, but the nobility side being semi-difficult to obtain as a commoner
>>
I think I'm going crazy /pfg/. I could have sworn that some book had a version of The King in Yellow play as a Bardic Masterpiece but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know if this exists and if so which book it's in?
>>
File: please stop.jpg (497KB, 862x928px) Image search: [Google]
please stop.jpg
497KB, 862x928px
>>51287554

I hear there's this new play in town, called The King in Yellow. All the reviewers are raving mad about it.
>>
>>51287540
I was commenting on anon's different meditech.

The empire has socialized healthcare, while the city-states have temples; it's faster, and they've got the strongest heals, but they demand "donations" if you want anything.
>>
>>51287581
So, basically, Canadian vs the worst of the American private system?
>>
Lawful Good is communism
>>
>>51287554
>>51287562
Found it. It's in the Lovecraft Fantasy Gaming Toolkit.
>>
Hey /pfg/, I want to create a character who focuses on buffing his allies. Think of the War Weaver of Heroes of Battle of D&D3.5.
I thought arcanist or oracle, but what would be you choice?
Thank you!

>>51287562
I want to be at first rank. Take my money.
>>
>>51287616
Functioning-in-practice communism would be lawful good. Pretty much like the UFP on its core worlds.
>>
>>51287715
No idea what the War Weaver is, but buffing in general is by far for Bards.

No other class has a quick "everyone gets +5 to all attacks for this entire fight" button.
>>
Someone explain the Alteration sphere and Transformation feats like I'm a 5 year old with a literal monkey brain. please
>>
>>51287728
You will help others or you will cry and help others
T. Comrade Archon
>>
>>51286583
Because they're a headache to learn, a headache to adjudicate, a headache to play, and suck all the dicks unless you play 3pp rewrites (Kineticist), a Sorcerer with a new paintjob (Psychic) or really liked Iron Heroes (Occultist).

It also doesn't help that the flavor is bad and the mechanics are reheated versions of other classes (looking at you, Spiritualist).
>>
>>51287750
You have 'Forms' (shit like turning into a werewolf, or a shark, or a dragon or something) which add entire package deals of abilities onto you like a dragon's wings and breath weapon and such. and then you have 'Traits' which are individual abilities like fast healing, pounce, etc. that you can add on to any form, but you can only add a certain number based on your level.

Not sure which feats you mean
>>
>>51287750
Okay so here's the deal.

You have Forms. You need to apply a Form to something to give it Traits, but you can use the Blank Form, which staples traits onto the existing thing. You get a number of traits based on your caster level.

The way Transformation works is that you pick one form, and you can turn into and from that form as a Full-Round action. You get the benefits listed for that Form, but not any traits.

Improved Transformation gives you traits. Ones from the base ability, from the Form Talent you chose, any other Alteration talent you know, or ones the DM deems fitting. There's two versions of the feat. One is one trait per time you take it, and the other you take once and it autoscales the amount of traits you get. Ask your DM which he'd prefer you use.

Hybrid Transformation is all that, but you still stay the same basic shape you were before. So rather than turning into a dog with no hands, you turn into a dogman, who has all his doggy powers, but can still do everything you could do before transforming.
>>
>>51287988
So basically how the animal Devil Fruits work in One Piece.
>>
>>51288042
I thiiiiink sooooo?

Long and short of it...

Transformation lets you be a Dog.

Improved Transformation lets you be a Better Dog.

Hybrid Transformation lets you be a Dogman/Betterdogman.
>>
File: tumblr_nwt7agoXWs1tpr2nno1_1280.jpg (192KB, 1280x949px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwt7agoXWs1tpr2nno1_1280.jpg
192KB, 1280x949px
>>51288061
They turn you into Greater Dog?
>>
So /tg/, what is your opinion on including encrypted information in your campaigns? For a setting so embroiled in 5 quintillion languages there's not much energy put into keeping your written information secret when a single scroll can make anyone read any actual language.
>>
>>51288086
If you want to be Greater Dog, then yes. You can make that happen. You will have doggy speed, doggy resilience, a doggy bite, and doggy scent.

Also the Scent ability.

There is literally nothing stopping you.
>>
>>51288105
TECHNICALLY, because all language is heavily heavily based on concepts, metaphors, expressions, even wordplay, then the translation spells, just like universal translators in star trek are SUPPOSED to do (including at Tanagra), would work with 'code' the same way. In fact, what you might not be able to tell is that it IS code once translated, as it should be giving you the meanings based on the thought processes of whoever wrote it in the first place.

If you want encryption, what you need are dyslexic idiots who don't know what you mean, and who will go to the secretary and read it out for her to scribe without the right knowledge.
>>
What races have bonuses to two mental stats?
>>
>>51288532
Aasimar (Ember kin, +2int&cha) are the only one that comes to mind
>>
>>51288532

Humans
>>
>>51288622
I keep forgetting dual talented is a thing
>>
>>51288532
Changelings, several varieties of Aasimar.
>>
File: 1473465169559.jpg (609KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1473465169559.jpg
609KB, 1240x1754px
I'm working on a 'Royal' class.
Basically its a Royalty class, not necessarily a king. could be a lord or duke, etc.
The point is that they're for players who want to roll a prince or noble while still being a badass adventurer.

Class Features:

Bard spell list

Prestige - a pool of points he can spend for his other abilities.

Authority - personal buffs he gains from spending prestige. He may gain a small stipend of taxes, free lodging, an audience with fellow nobles, bonuses to diplomacy, leadership, etc.

Decree - buffs and debuffs from spending prestige. Its an almost battlefield controlling ability that lets him command allies to hit harder, run faster and enemies to be demoralized, hindered from using certain spells or attacks, etc.

Regalia - any equipment equipped by the royal gains the regalia status, which basically becomes a masterwork blinged-out gear that gets stronger as the royal increases in level.

Tell me what you think of the idea, is this a good enough homebrew to continue?
>>
>>51288992
make it compatible with Noble Scion
>>
>>51289005
That's part of the idea. Its a class that is essentially a full class Noble Scion rather than a prestige class
>>
>>51288992
>is this a good enough homebrew to continue
No. Because 'royalty' isn't really a strong enough concept to fully flesh out the mechanics of your class, mostly because, by and large, royalty is a profession/position that somebody occupies like adventurer.

It's the same reason 'Blacksmith' and 'Cobbler' and 'Breadbaker' aren't classes.
>>
>>51289284
>Blacksmith
Haven't seen the new SoM preview yet, huh?
>>
File: SeiOhKi Blurry.jpg (10KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
SeiOhKi Blurry.jpg
10KB, 236x213px
>>51289284
It's a strong enough concept for a mech, though.
>No, that's not good enough! Make it MORE KING
>... I don't understand, all I asked was what sort of missil~
>MORE! MORE KING!
>>
File: 1484724719546.png (366KB, 625x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484724719546.png
366KB, 625x773px
>>51288992
I like the regalia and the decrees, I say go for it, but instead of royal, I'd call it Noble.

Reminds me slightly of the time I made the "maid" class for ad&d which chose a person to be the "master" and the maid would get buffs and powers while being nearby the master.
>>
>>51289362
The battle butler gonzo class does that as well, if you wanna play that kind of character again.
>>
>>51289369
>Battle Butler Gonzo Class
Please elaborate.
>>
>>51289369
Gonzo 2 is a book filled with a bunch of weird classes like Henshin Hero, Magical Girl, Battle Butler, and the dreaded Chimney Sweep.
>>
>>51289407
Gonzo 2 is all about crazy, over the top choices. You can find it in the trove, and here's the class list to give you an idea.
Architect, Atomic Adept, Battle Butler, Chess Master, Chimney Sweep, Croupier, Davatti, Dynamancer, Guide Henchling, Henshin Hero, Magical Girl, Monster Cowboy, Multiman, Phantom Thief, Sparkle Princess, Thread Maiden, and Ungermaw
>>
>>51289470
Just a few notes to whet your appetite:
Architect is tower defense the class
Atomic Adept is a poison(radiation) warlock, though almost pure blasting
Davatti is a dimension-dervish soulknife of sorts
Ungermaw is Kirby
>>
File: bloodforge new cover.jpg (533KB, 1324x1710px) Image search: [Google]
bloodforge new cover.jpg
533KB, 1324x1710px
>>51286470
Did you guys see Bloodforge got a big update?
New art and the Mixed Blood feat became a trait but with weaker benefits.
>>
>>51289559
>Mixed Blood feat became a trait but with weaker benefits.
Post it, post it
>>
>>51289559
>tfw blinklings will always be horrific dog people and never shota dogboys
Feels good.
>>
>>51287749
Here is the rules for the War Weaver:
http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/war-weaver/index.html
In short, he cast buffing spell on the group as a target instead of only one dude each time, and can prepare spells to be triggered by anyone in the group when needed.
I like it because you really boost your group and you can still use normal wizard magic alongside it thanks to the spell slot economy you make.
>>
So apart from Intensified Spell, are there any ways of increasing a spell's maximum number of damage dice?
>>
>>51289690
Depending on your reading, Empower Spell.
>>
>>51289559
It being a trait makes it a lot easier to get flight. 2 feats+trait is better than 3. 1 feat+trait to get Powerful Build. Hell, choose the very strong option of Monstrous Humanoid (+1 natural armor as a trait.)and go for both wings and powerful build.
>>
>>51289690

Better spells, words of power
>>
Remove mutants
Remove furrykin
Purge all monsters
>>
>Light Armor
>4 AC, 2 ACP, 6 max dex
>Medium Armor
>6 AC, 3 ACP, 4 max dex
>Heavy Armor
>10 AC, 5 ACP, 0 max dex, speed reduction
>>
>>51286470
I like for characters to know a few people in advance, bare minimum. Backstory ties are aces.
>>
>>51289891
Medium armor is also speed reduction
>>
>>51286536
Chelish Diva is cute in a bitchy entitled slut kind of way. Like, she'll bitch attendants out backstage, but she'll moan something fierce when you're backstage.
>>
>>51289924

Not under these rules
>>
>>51289912
Surely it depends on what level and campaign you're playing? A level 1 nobody bumfuck isn't going to know a huge number of folks, and a level 14 hero should have a good story behind them?
>>
>>51289963
Lvl 1 character can know lot of hobos
>>
>>51289963
But your level 1 losers can know each other. Just like Wheel of Time in the OP.
>>
>>51289975
Fair enough. But at level 1 where a single crit can kill you, I feel that it's a bit of a waste to put too much into backstory.

>>51289977
That's just the party, though!
>>
>>51289990

A level 1 character knows mommy, daddy, bubba, junior, etc.
>>
>>51290012
This. My level 1 character had two parents, four aunts and uncles, a major friend from each phase of his life, about seven cousins, a class teacher of note, and three historical romantic interests, the last of whom is his betrothed.
>>
>>51290031
>>51290012
I can't help but feel that the majority of those could be collated without a huge fuss just by saying
>has an extended family
>class teacher
>a number of flings

Wouldn't you rather hammer down backstory with the GM after your fellow becomes a bit more notable, and you've got a feel for them?
>>
>>51290057

Way too many fucking characters are "an orphan, no friends or family, out for revenge against goblins"
>>
>>51290064

Or, even more hilariously, when it's against demons or aboleths or some shit that you're not fighting for at least 10 levels.
>>
Rovanug was right
We need to destroy the world to start anew and make it better
>>
>>51290057
I definitely see the appeal of what you suggest, but it's just not credible not to have "something" behind him.

I'd suggest building the skeleton early like we suggest, but fleshing out particulars later, as you suggest. They seems optimal.
>>
File: IMG_0263.png (2MB, 1279x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.png
2MB, 1279x780px
>>51290120
Rovagug' crush on Shelyn makes him cute! CUTE!
>>
>>51290220
I'd sunder her glaive
Wink qink
>>
>>51290212
Yeah, skeleton first, and then fleshing it out is a good compromise. You can pick out some important ones to add details to, or even have the GM make details about if you trust them to do so.
>>
>tfw you have a strong aversion to making ties in your backstory from past DM fuckery

Who else only rolls orphans with attachment issues here?
>>
>>51290700
It's not all I roll, but I am fixated on them a bit at the moment.

Changeling (hag's daughters) girls are cute and weird. Elan are bizarre and fun. I'm making not!githyanki and not!githzerai for PF to add more strange girls to my games.
>>
>>51290700
I honestly try to avoid family ones. I'm a vagrant. I want to explore dungeons not RP awkward family dinners.
>>
>>51290700
I stopped making orphans because not that many people can have dead parents. Now they're just familial disappointments who never go home.
>>
>>51290700
There's a trick to it; If you don't trust your GM, either make a family that's dead or slightly abusive so you don't get mad at them being made dead.

Though about 4 of my 5 characters have had families. I've had good GMs.
>>
>>51290817
>Now they're just familial disappointments who never go home.

I like this one
>>
>>51290700
I use the old Hackmaster training tables to a degree for that.

One of the more common results for clerics, as an example, is "Mom pressured you into becoming a cleric".

Thieves can also range from "orphan on streets" to "noble parents thought it would be badass and sent you to an old pro"
>>
>>51290817
>I stopped making orphans because not that many people can have dead parents
And not that many people can be adventurers.
>>51290826
Isn't that what they mean by orphan?
>>
>>51290849
>"Mom pressured you into becoming a cleric".
Is that even possible in D&D/PF settings where magic is based off faith and shit. So a god you personally hate wouldn't give you power because your hearts not in it? It's not like IRL religion where anyone who can fucking read can basically become a man of the cloth if they tried.
>>
>>51290869
"You see this brand? It's the holy brand of Urgoth, where my mother forced the burning symbol of him upon my skin to mark me. And now he won't stop telling me what to do."
>>
>>51290879
That sounds more like an Oracle.
>>
>>51290831
If you consider the adventuring life; just wanting to be one is often already something of a broken mind already.

Paladins? They're not normal. Normal people aren't that genocidally zealous about anything.

Monks? Can you say "DISCIPLINE FEELS GOOD!"?

Becoming a wizard requires genius-level autism in metaphysics. You have to look at spending an average of 9 years of your life *after reaching adulthood* memorizing complex formulae instead of doing fuck-all else.

People with rage issues so severe they gain MASSIVE levels of superhuman strength aren't going to be cashiers for very long before there's nothing left of that village. Maybe a baker will never get set off like that, but a cashier? Neighbors are fucked.

Even the intuitives; not only do some of them require aberrant living situations to flare from dormancy, but some can utterly transform the way you see the world (like for example an oracle curse).

That's not to say adventurers can't be heroes... but Ubermench aren't "normal" anymore, or they wouldn't be ubermench at all.
>>
>>51290886
Oracle would be you wake up after a binge and it turns out that airport bathroom dream you had wasn't just as gay as you're afraid it was, but the one you slept with left you full of magic and permanently bowlegged.

>>51290869
In Hackmaster's original setting, prepared clerics followed the same training as regular priests; in fact the lowest level spells came not directly from a deity, and could be learned and used in a fashion similar to how wizards do it. If the deity took a shine to you, though, you'd get set aside for the good training... maybe.
>>
Can anyone give me suggestions on what is the best crossbow to use in general in pathfinder? I am considering the double crossbow, but I sorta feel like I should just go with a longbow.

Infact, should I just use regular bows?
>>
>>51291094
>Infact, should I just use regular bows?
Yes. Bows do more damage than crossbows with less investment. If you're set on crossbows you want the Minotaur Double Crossbow, you can find its stats here.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/minotaur
>>
>>51291094
Always just use regular (preferably composite) bows.
>>
>>51291119
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/minotaur
Why would any GM let you have this.

Where would you even FIND this. I've never even SEEN a Minotaur with a crossbow.

Why DO Minotaurs have special crossbows?
>>
>>51290899
>Paladins
>genocidal
Only shitheels plays paladins like that
>>
>>51290899
>Becoming a wizard requires genius-level autism in metaphysics. You have to look at spending an average of 9 years of your life *after reaching adulthood* memorizing complex formulae instead of doing fuck-all else.
So your average STEMfag?
>>
>>51291235
Minotaurs have a love of complicated things. Duh

As opposed to Minos girls who love only simple, down to earth, more primal things.
>>
>>51291235
Classic Monsters Revisited takes the angle that Minotaurs are associated with labyrinths because they're convoluted schemers who like the complex shapes that only they can figure out. To go along with this they have crossbows that are similarly complex contraptions so as to fire two bolts at a time.

Most GMs won't let you have one, unless he puts you in a minotaur's labyrinth and you loot one. Even then it would be too large to use, so the proper course of action would be to take it to your nearest weapon maker and reverse engineer it to build it smaller.
>>
>>51290220
Wait is this canon?
>>
>>51291319
>>51291119

So a minotaur crossbow, eh? I feel like that my gm might allow it, but I have no clue if they'll do something like "So, how do you fit through the tavern door with the crossbow?"
>>
File: 1457671121700.png (945KB, 1500x2058px) Image search: [Google]
1457671121700.png
945KB, 1500x2058px
>>51291313
Touch the cow.
Do it now.
>>
>>51291347
Rubadub is obsessed with Shelyn. She's too pure for this earth, so he wants to strap her to his back and force her to watch as he kills all her friends and destroys her planet.
>>
>>51291417
Like I said earlier, this is a weapon for a large character, and you'd want to make it smaller. Though if you do build a character with a large sized minotaur double then you can always leave it with your horse or what have you when you enter the tavern.
>>
>>51291313
>>51291419

Minotaur girls are every bit as complicated as Minotaur men, they just focus their passions on making your relationship with her a labyrinth.
>>
>>51291478

>Horse-mounted crossbow
>>
>>51291291
sounds about right. someone who actually not only endures coding but think it's fun enough to spend the next 40 years of his life doing it; it's not a bad thing, but it's still an outlier.
>>
File: Southwest-2-Back-Kids-Placemats.gif (55KB, 550x396px) Image search: [Google]
Southwest-2-Back-Kids-Placemats.gif
55KB, 550x396px
>>51291491
You can't take them anywhere with a 'kids placemat' either.
>>
>I will never play a game where everyone is an Avowed||Vigilante gestalt of some sort
>I will never play a Muscle Sage Zealot of Kurgess who teaches the ways of QUALITY and /fit/ness

Why does life have to be so cruel.
>>
>>51291547
>>51291291

>Wizards are STEMfags

That explains all the magical animals Wizards tend to make.
>>
>>51291668

You could make one for the Wrath of the Righteous campaign that's advertised around here, or Sleeping Goddess.

Though on second thought, those campaigns are hardcore "lewd" trash.
>>
>>51291700
>PoW/SoP allowed games, with all the baggage it comes woth
>Muh high power and muh mythic
>Lewdshit, again

Yea fuck that. I can dig PoW and SoP, but I'm burnt out, and Mythic is somethig I don't want to touch with an infunitely extending pole.
>>
>>51291752
You seem to have more of an issue that people are tired of games that start at level 1 and rarely get past level 8, leaving more than half the game's content entirely untouched.
>>
>>51291752
I played in a Mythic RotRL game, which was pretty fun. Mythic Weapon Finesse is a nice substitute for when your DM doesn't like PoW but you're a dexfag.
>>
>>51291752
>and Mythic is somethig I don't want to touch with an infunitely extending pole.

Mythic is a lot of fun.
>>
>>51291774
I want games to last from 4-5 through 12-15.
>>
>>51291778
>>51291791
Mythic looks cool, but that doesn't mean I want to use it with /pfg/ and the hot mess that is the stock /pfg/ game chargen. It's enough of a mess as-is.
>>
>>51288327
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/comprehend-languages
>It does not decipher codes or reveal messages concealed in otherwise normal text.
>>
>>51291855
I want games to last from 3 to 19.
With 32pb and NO full casters in the game
>>51291915
>stock /pfg/ game chargen
Wut.
>>
>>51291855
holy shit this

and the last time I suggested starting above level one to my GM he looked at me like I'd shot his dog
>>
>>51291687
I know that certainly explains myself, though I'd be more of a Nature Priest Druid instead of a Wizard
>>
File: Ghandagoza_A.png (214KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ghandagoza_A.png
214KB, 960x800px
>>51291419
Is that female Ghandagoza?
>>
>>51291967
Here's the problem.
It absolutely should.
There is no difference between code and a different language. If it can't figure out "dog actually means kill that guy", There's no way it could translate anything from dwarven to elven, or from infernal to westminster-halfling
>>
File: 1434565497254.jpg (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434565497254.jpg
148KB, 500x500px
>>51291855
>>51291993
>Suggest to DM we should stop starting at level 1, because he has to keep fudging dice so we don't die to dumb shit
>He starts us at level 1 for the next game anyway and wonders why he has to keep fudging so we don't die to a huge pack of dumb shit

>>51291984
>All DSP/DDS/Forrest/Jolly, gestalt with 25PB and all other 3pp subject to GM approval
>>
>>51292154
>All DSP/DDS/Forrest/Jolly, gestalt with 25PB and all other 3pp subject to GM approval
So a game with a lot of possibilities?
I mean, shit, you could go fighter/rogue and still be alright.
>>
>>51292302
No you wouldn't, you'd be a slightly better Slayer playing alongside people using megabullshit on two sides of theirs.
>>
>>51292302
Maybe if you use an initiator archetype for one of them, you woukd be, but a vanilla fighter||rogue would be garbage. If PoW is wholly allowed, you HAVE to be an initiator if you want to martial of any sort, besides maybe a hardcore archer, otherwise you fall behind and get mocked for not being one.
>>
File: 1374469620198.jpg (259KB, 1040x540px) Image search: [Google]
1374469620198.jpg
259KB, 1040x540px
>pitch lewd venture involving monster rape and forced transformation
>tell them that people will murder them for being monsters if they get transformed
>they still are making plans to tie down monsters and reverse rape them to farm transformations
This just took a turn for insanity
>>
>>51292057
It sure is!
>>
>>51292465
What dojin is this image from, dammit?
>>
File: 1470615152664.gif (3MB, 569x367px) Image search: [Google]
1470615152664.gif
3MB, 569x367px
>>51292465
I mean, at least they're being enterprising about it?
>>
>>51292566
I have no idea anon.
>>
>>51292465
Have a group of spunky young copy-cat adventurers try to do the same thing to them.
>>
Can I take Eldritch Heritage twice?
Or is there some other way I can get the infernal, pit touched and abyssal bloodlines
>>
>>51292624
Unless stated a feat can't be taken twice.
>>
File: 1428556949150.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1428556949150.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>51292566
It's an NTR doujin, don't bother.
>>
>>51292702
I don't give a shit, I just wanna fap.
I'm not here for the engrossing story, I'm here for bitches getting dicked in most, if not all, holes, maybe at once.
>>
File: 1447034548783.png (474KB, 427x583px) Image search: [Google]
1447034548783.png
474KB, 427x583px
>>51292720
Wow, you're kind of a fag.
>>
>>51292734
Because I like the actual act of heterosexual sex between a man and a woman?
>>
>>51292742
Or several men and several women, or some variety of X>Y<X
>>
File: 1462845766001.jpg (43KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
1462845766001.jpg
43KB, 494x366px
>>51292742
>>51292753
Yes. Anything other than the pure, but distant, love shared between two maidens is gross faggotry, and a sin.

Please commit suicide.
>>
So, who become chosen for Returnd of the Jedi Remasturbated?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0sbqnkFFhQ
>>
>>51292772
We don't know yet.
>>
How do I say my character is busty without directly stating it?
>>
>>51292817
Describe the shape of her figure, or find some other way to say that she's busty without using the word 'busty'... try 'buxom'.
>>
>>51292817
Have her complain about armor pinching. Don't overdo it, just once when everyone is griping.
>>
>>51292766
>anything other than raw, distilled actual faggotry between two cock holsters is a sin
I chuckled.
>>51292817
Say curvy.
>>
>>51292104
Different anon. There is a difference - a code doesn't have grammatical structure
>>
File: 1478808484056.jpg (174KB, 808x545px) Image search: [Google]
1478808484056.jpg
174KB, 808x545px
>>51292834
>>
>>51292817

Depends a lot on the woman's class, honestly.

If she's a warrior than you'd emphasize every now and then how she's got a "womanly figure" outside of her armor, or if she's a rogue than how she has ample cleavage or a real top-heavy figure.
>>
>>51292871
>top-heavy
>not hourglass
You plebs need to get your hands on a real bitch.
>>
File: 1442507782905.jpg (13KB, 164x276px) Image search: [Google]
1442507782905.jpg
13KB, 164x276px
>>51293072

All he said was busty, while hourglass implies wide hips and a slim waist.
>>
>>51293090
The power of the hourglass compels you to have a PC with hips for years along with tits capable of feed whole halfling cities.
>>
File: 1422432773672.png (239KB, 470x474px) Image search: [Google]
1422432773672.png
239KB, 470x474px
>>51293111

I never quite understood why /pfg/ always wants bigger and fatter tits.

I mean, D cups are plenty large for the average adventurer, and E cups are *huge* regardless of the girl, but then you get people who insist on Fs or Gs or even Hs.

It's all very silly!
>>
>>51293196
De gustibus non disputandis.
No one is forcing you gun point to play an hourglass tiddy monstah.
>>
File: 18 wisdom.jpg (47KB, 407x258px) Image search: [Google]
18 wisdom.jpg
47KB, 407x258px
>>51293196
>>
File: 1477455446090.png (281KB, 894x591px) Image search: [Google]
1477455446090.png
281KB, 894x591px
What would your character put on their business card?
>>
Everyone has their own idea how big "big tits" are.
You can just say they are big and let do their own imaginations
>>
>>51293220
But if they end up in a campaign with me, it makes it sorta awkward anytime inter-party lewds come up.
>>
>>51293256
"I have saved Sandpoint twice, Turtlebackferry once. I have liberated Fort Rannick from ogres, stopped an army of giants and killed a half-demon who tried to destroy Magnimar. I also dropped two dragons mid flight and revealed a corrupted judge. Just buy whatever I'm selling'
A
>>
>>51291094
Crossbows (and firearms) are really just back up weapons. In general it's whatever is the least burdensome to use. (Bows or with some investment throwing weapons)

Does anyone else find it funny Pazio insists on a -4 penalty meme for Double Crossbow, and Double Barreled Muskets/Blunderbuss but don't enforce it on Archers using the Manyshot feat?
>>
>>51293323
That shouldn't even a fucking concern.
>>
File: 1481478627838.jpg (68KB, 1000x371px) Image search: [Google]
1481478627838.jpg
68KB, 1000x371px
>Post about setting
>Besides one helpful comment, all I get is communist memes in return
I don't know what I expected
>>
>>51293410
The reds are a dastardly lot
>>
>>51292154
I don't see the point of starting at level 1 if you're fudging rolls.

Why enforce a challenge when players would rather steamroll everything with their 25 PB 3pp"balanced" gestalt builds?
>>
>>51292742
Because you came to /pfg/ to jack off...
>>
>>51293312

This.

If they're insistent or you're feeling nice than give an example picture using something from Legend of the Cryptids.

We don't need cup sizes, that's just needlessly autistic.
>>
>>51293449
Ah yes, the 'my character uses the same two stats for every single thing thanks to archetypes and third party supplements, so now I do everything the rest of the party does, but better' style builds.
>>
>>51293480
"Handful" and "Big as her head" should be enough for most anime character designs
>>
>>51292154
Why would he fudge rolls at 1? Isn't the point of level 1 to put the fear of God into you?
>>
>>51292817
She commonly complains about backaches.
She has difficulty with tight-spaces.
Muffle her speech if she's ever up-side down.
>>
>>51293378

Pathfinder is a realism simulator until it's not.
>>
>>51293410
If you want helpful comments, #/pfg/ is much better.
>>
>>51293256
THE NEW DEAL FIRM
FL - Associate

(on the back)
-Business Liquidations
-Rival Management
-General Cleaning Services
-Subtle or Unsubtle, at your discretion
Contact Razumegdris, Longacre for details and very reasonable rates.

>>51293336
You've got no idea how to make business cards, do you?
>>
>>51293499

Speaking of anime, what's the Not!Japan in Eberron?
>>
>>51293532
Neither does my character, yet people buy stuff from him by the loads
>>
>>51293519
I've tried the IRC before, and for various reasons, it's not particularly my cup of tea.
>>
>>51293560
Generally, business cards should look professional. You've got limited space.

You want to have contact info on your card.
You want to have what you do on it, not what you've done.

Finally, unless you're not associated with other companies, you should try to put down a faction or company who you are linked with and your position in it.

Sure, your character might sell a lot of things, but a card will have people coming back for more when they need you.
>>
File: 2huFLIP.gif (548KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2huFLIP.gif
548KB, 1200x800px
>>51293449
This was exactly my argument. None of us liked level 1-2, shit's too swingy and no class has anything remotely fun to do yet. Needing to fudge just to get to the "real game" instead of starting at level 3 and treating those early parts as just a "tutorial" to get into the swing of things would be far more fun, and not require any fudging.

>3PP "balanced" gestalt builds
If you're talking about the theorycraft PoW monster builds you're exaggerating, and on top of that my DM sticks mainly to 1pp, and will actively tell us to tone it down if we go overboard.

>>51293502
Fuck if I know.
>>
Hey lads, we're on our way to Saturday.

Any plans this weekend?
>>
File: face_of_hellion.jpg (315KB, 829x842px) Image search: [Google]
face_of_hellion.jpg
315KB, 829x842px
>In the Scrapmaster Arena.
>The crowd is expectant and chanting.
"Hell-ion, Hell-ion, Hell-ion..."
>A massive screen flickers and reveals a fiend-like face.
"Once again, the weak free-towns of Numeria and the strongholds of the crusades send us their pathetic "guardians". Once again, I salute my arena champion Helskarg!"
>The crowd roars as a female troll wearing spike armor and armed with autograpnel appears in a chariot being pulled by enslaved ogres.
"And I salute my brave Smilers who would feast with the flesh of the weakling and drown in sooth eternal at my side"
>The gangs assembled start chanting.
"His made of metal! His circuits gleam! He is perpetual! He will keep Numeria clean!"
>An hologram projector cast a full body rendition of the fiend-like being enough big for be seen from at least 5 miles away.
"I am your guide and your redeemer! It is by MY HAND that you will rise from the filth of this world! It is by MY HAND you will wear chrome and burn your enemies with plasmathrowers! No longer the riches of Numeria will be dominated by the foolish Technic League! Nor the crusaders of Mendev! NOR LAMENTABLE SETTLEMENTS LIKE TORCH! We will spear through the land and stab its rotten heart that made us parias. Its bleeding wound a new power will rise!"
>The crowd starts asking for the blood of the party.
"Do not let your thirst for violence take a hold of you, my friends. You will recent its absence when the time of words comes. Now. You who dare to oppose my followers, who dare to oppose ME, I offer you the chance to be at my side when the Holy Excavator digs us into a glorious future or die for the entertainment of my chosen ones!"
>>
>>51293663
Lots!

I've got some wargaming to do come Friday evening, an RPG to run on Saturday, and a game to play in on Sunday. Lots to keep my mind off the impending RotJR app selection.
>>
>>51293449
Except no one ever pretends Gestalt is ever remotely balanced you strawmanning idiot
>>
>>51293663
Giantslayer. It will be fun
>>
>>51293722
It's as balanced as the players making the characters want it to be, but I will agree that it makes individual characters inherently more powerful just by including it as an option.

The real problem is when most of the players make characters that still approach the concept of 'balanced', and one player makes something absolutely ludicrous, throwing off the balance entirely.
>>
>>51293676
Forgot to say "Post your favorite or most memorable moments from the APs you had played."
>>
>>51293663
>Any plans this weekend?
Just handwringing while waiting for RotJR selections to be made.
>>
>>51293785
>it's balanced as long as you don't unbalance it
>>
>>51293809

We sacked a city in Kingmaker and killed the gay-ass King that apparently had some Numerian super-tech!
>>
>>51293854
Yes, exactly. It's not as though the material available forces you to create a sheet that makes the GM want to claw their eyes out.
>>
>>51293663
One player already said he can't make it
>>
>>51293854
It's almost like it has the exact same kinds of problems as the base game, where it's completely possible to make a build that causes your GM to want to drink himself into a coma and the only thing stopping you is an unstated agreement to not be a giant cockgobbling faggot.
>>
>>51293809
Fought the red dragon in Sandpoint, clipped it's wings with a lucky critical, killed him in a round. He landed on Teraktinus too, which killed that fatty on the side.
>>
File: 2hu MAXIMUM HONK.gif (158KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
2hu MAXIMUM HONK.gif
158KB, 209x193px
>>51293823
>mfw anticipating all the delicious salt
>>
File: 1365240764640.jpg (259KB, 714x684px) Image search: [Google]
1365240764640.jpg
259KB, 714x684px
>>51293809
I am feeling sad now because I tried to come up with some and then realized that ...
I don't remember all those awesome moments anymore...
Now I am doubting if I even had them over the years
>>
File: mikesdepression.jpg (48KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
mikesdepression.jpg
48KB, 540x472px
>>51293962
>tfw there are legitimately people on /pfg/ who will send furious PMs to those who got in, blaming them for their rejection.
>>
File: what the fuck jay.jpg (479KB, 1227x696px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck jay.jpg
479KB, 1227x696px
>>51293993
That's right Jay
>>
>>51293993
>implying that's a thing
>implying it just wont be sour grapes.
>>
File: icameheretolaughatyou.gif (487KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
icameheretolaughatyou.gif
487KB, 500x373px
>>51294001
>mfw someone posts screencaps of each PM so that we can see without a doubt which anons are complete and utter shitters.
>>
>>51294025
There was one of the molthune guys who got in that said they did get PMs though.
>>
>>51294025
According to an anon who got into Molthune, it's actually a thing.
>>
>>51293962
I was thoroughly disappointed by the overall lack of salt after Molthune Knights was selected, but I imagine the floodgates were somewhat mitigated by anons who figured that there was still RotJR to hope for.
>>
>>51293953

>Spoiling RotRL or JR

DELETE THIS
>>
>>51294040
Not like people go on the internet and tell lies anyway. Everybody is 100% truthful.
>>51294034
You could just make a dummy account.
>>
>>51294060
RotRL is fucking ancient and won't even be relevant for RotJR anyway. Since the attack on Sandpoint is like book 3 or 4.
>>
>>51293993
>>51294040
>>51294045
Was it the anon playing the silver dragon? That's about the only app that got selected that I wasn't 100% jazzed about getting in.
>>
>>51293975

I spent a year with a group of people I no longer talk to, in a game I hardly remember, playing a character I see now as boring and one-dimensional.

We would have sessions from 7:30 to 12:30, voiced. We used to play CAH in our free time.

And now it's just gone.
>>
File: NEET is Bewildered by Society.jpg (47KB, 448x487px) Image search: [Google]
NEET is Bewildered by Society.jpg
47KB, 448x487px
>>51293993
>>51294025
>mfw months of buildup and the right ingredients for a massive storm of butthurt
>mfw sour grapes and angry PMs all over the place, as well as people not realizing they can just start their own groups with similar concepts
>mfw there's the possibility of being on the receiving end of the butthurt
>mfw I also get to see my nephew and niece, and I didn't even have to wait another two months

This weekend is going to be utterly magical. I can't wait.
>>
>>51294102
>as well as people not realizing they can just start their own groups with similar concepts
The issue is everyone wants to play. No one wants to GM because then your basically cucking yourself out of the campaign yourself unless you're gonna be a fag and DMPC.
>>
>>51294119

Jade Regent is perfectly designed for DMPCs though.

Just replace Koya or Sandru or even Ameiko with your OC and you're in!
>>
File: puppet.png (99KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
puppet.png
99KB, 220x230px
>>51293809
> Carrion Crown
> Playing a Halfling Bard who's a rather timid fellow
> Performs with a hand puppet which seems to have a mind of it's own (HOW ORIGINAL, I KNOW!!!)
> Get Heartripper
> Nobody really needs it
> "Give it to the puppet."
> "What? No!"
> "Shut up Milo, we're giving it to the puppet."
> "But-"
> "No buts Milo, it's heart-eating time! Open wide!"

It's too bad we didn't get much further after that session. People got too busy.
>>
>>51294119
>No one wants to GM because then your basically cucking yourself out of the campaign yourself

Guess I better cancel all my campaigns then. What a skewed view of things you have.
>>
>>51294178
>TFW Onryou is slotted into Ameiko's place
All hail the rightful Queen of Minkai!
>>
>>51293663
>Friday
A game where each player has a psionic class as one of half of their gestalt will have the party continue their hunt for a necromancer that has been kidnapping children from a village.

>Saturday
7 player party arrive in a large city after blowing up a pirate cove. They will (hopefully) stay in the city for a few sessions. If they don't, they'll make a bee-line for the ruins inhabited by a coven of witches trying to bring their patron into the world.
>>
>>51294178
That's still kinda faggy.
>>51294201
That is the case when it's a campaign you yourself would rather have played vs GM'd for.
>>
>tfw my level 7 PC might die next session at this rate, 6 sessions in
>they'd be prepared to die for acting how they wanted, but the saddest thing is that if they did die I would have no idea what to reroll into

I'm already on a slow burnout from PF builds and it even took a while to settle on the one I had.
>>
File: DC_-_Tiki.jpg (58KB, 567x649px) Image search: [Google]
DC_-_Tiki.jpg
58KB, 567x649px
DM NPCs work when they are just NPCs that travel with the party, as opposed to being part of the party.

Like a harmless mascot
>>
>>51294256
Why do you expect to die?
>>
>>51294337
tl;dr we accidentally awakened an ancient evil and the GM asked us all to choose whether we wanted to kill it or to side with it and kill our current boss

Half the party picked the ancient evil.
I'm not in that half, and while in theory we could have all beaten the ancient evil if we worked together, the odds are against us now if PvP gets thrown in.

It's a wild story I should greentext later.

GM if you're reading this I don't blame you and the problem of what to reroll as is my own problem
>>
File: 538b.png (193KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
538b.png
193KB, 450x444px
>>51294398
How would you say this sort of problem could be done well?

This is a twist I'm plotting to spring on my current players, but I'm not sure how to go about it without splitting the party. Maybe let them hedge their bets for a while and do minor tasks for the ancient evil instead of going right for the throat of their old boss?
>>
File: 1430053968921.jpg (631KB, 1280x490px) Image search: [Google]
1430053968921.jpg
631KB, 1280x490px
Anyone get a chance to look at the First World campaign setting book yet? I've been on the fence about picking it up, is it any good?
>>
>>51292817
You can just say stacked as fuck, anon. Playing a character with big boobs offends literally nobody unless you really try and force attention to it frequently (without significant comedy context) and give other people the impression that you might be only doing it because you're a pervert. That isn't the automatic assumption at time of character description unless they are the only thing you mention or you say it while staring at another player's goddamn tits.
>>
>>51294629
Is fucking great.
There is a wizard school built upon a gigantic mastodont which wanders around.
>>
>>51294551
Well.
The way it happened for us was pretty sudden and is going to end in PvP.

So, well, don't do it our way if you don't want that.
>>
>>51294214
I'd slot myself into Onryou's place, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: iZzOQs4.png (3MB, 1500x1213px) Image search: [Google]
iZzOQs4.png
3MB, 1500x1213px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me which axis of the alignment chart your characters most often end up on.
>>
>>51294681
I can't, because I play NG, CG, LE, and CN.

I'm not allowed to play LG or NE anymore.
>>
>>51294681

Lawful Neutral.
>>
>>51294681
General True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, with some splashes of Neutral Evil every now and again.
>>
File: VFMJA0p.gif (168KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
VFMJA0p.gif
168KB, 480x270px
RotJR GM asks me if i'm available at certain times out of nowhere

Don't do this to my heart!
>>
>>51294748
I got one too. I'm freaking out a little.
>>
>>51294681

Lawful Neutral is where I tend to gravitate.
>>
File: DATABASE.gif (1MB, 208x186px) Image search: [Google]
DATABASE.gif
1MB, 208x186px
>>51294748
DUMB SHIT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY ANYTHING UNTIL IT'S ANNOUNCED

delete this
>>
>>51294763
it's too late, the fire rises
>>
>>51294681
I tend toward lawful alignments. It's a bit of a roleplay crutch to lean on, but it also gives me decent options for working with other characters of disperate alignments.
>>
>>51294763
Why not just announce it and get it all over with?
>>
>>51294748
>>51294754
Calm down, he's probably asking everyone. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Congratulations!
>>
>>51294681
True Neutral and Neutral Good are most common, but it's diverse. I haven't really touched CE or CN much.
>>
>>51294763
>>51294780
>>51294793

its not a confirmation i know. All it means is i got looked at. But damn it i wasn't expecting anything.
>>
File: 1456457817418.jpg (774KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456457817418.jpg
774KB, 640x1000px
>>51294681
Lawful, any of the three. I prefer playing knight types after all.
>>
>>51294629
You can find a pdf scan if you want anon.
It's full of fairytale stuff. If you like moving castles, sexy dangerous fae and emo vampires this is for you.
>>
>>51294813
That's more than what most people have.
>>
>>51294681
Was CN for the longest time, but lately I've been playing Lawful. Have a character for each Lawful alignment currently in the three games I'm playing as a matter of fact.
>>
>>51294838
The most important question is did Doug get a message?
>>
>>51294875
I got several, my dude
>>
>>51294898
Then we can finally rest assured that this is no hoax. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL HERE PEOPLE!
>>
File: 1447000662262.gif (116KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
1447000662262.gif
116KB, 700x526px
>>51294748
>>51294754
>>51294763

>tfw haven't gotten one
>>
>>51294681
Good, but whether it's Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic varies from character to character.
>>
>>51294763

As long as the eager beavers don't say who they're playing than it's still a secret!
>>
>>51294681
Lawful good and Neutral Good. Just... so easy to play both, in my opinion.
>>
File: doug.jpg (86KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
doug.jpg
86KB, 512x384px
>>51295025
I'm playing Doug
>>
>>51295025
RotJR GM here, since people are inevitably going to spoil it anyway...

Onryou
Casimir
Ricktor
Quinn
Aster & Tia
Doug
>>
>>51295057

I can see Doug as the Varisian yokel born and raised in the countryside, full of homegrown wisdom and folk songs.
>>
>>51295090

DELETE THIS
>>
File: DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg (121KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg
121KB, 359x305px
>>51295090
I should never have doubted you, RotJR DM.
>>
>>51295094
Mystic//Bard then?
>>
>>51295090
>>51295119
I mean you should, since that isn't the RotJR GM.
>>
File: 1435292518705.gif (175KB, 249x219px) Image search: [Google]
1435292518705.gif
175KB, 249x219px
>>51295090
I CAN'T TELL IF YOU'RE SERIOUS OR NOT
>>
>>51295147
>Doug

Take a guess.
>>
File: Oglaf Fox 01.jpg (14KB, 172x196px) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf Fox 01.jpg
14KB, 172x196px
>>51295137
>He doubts the credibility of the list

well you do YOU think should have gotten in then, if you're so smart?
>>
>>51295147

You'll find out in TWO DAYS
>>
>>51295114
There's no need for secrets now, those were the apps I chose, everything else was worthless.

>>51295119
Good, that's what I like to hear.

>>51295137
I'm absolutely me, the GM of RotJR.

>>51295147
Absolutely serious.
>>
>>51295159
At least a dozen people, there were a ton of good apps.
>>
>>51294681
Law for Law&Chaos and Neutral for Good&Evil.
>>
>>51295176
List the dozen or so you feel deserved it.
>>
File: 130221984383.png (333KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
333KB, 600x578px
>>51295090
>>
>>51295188
Why would I trick you? You all had to find out sooner or later.

Doug showed real gumption; by asking twice, he showed me just how much he wanted to get into this game, so I couldn't turn him down.
>>
>>51293534
Eberron doesn't do fantasy counterpart cultures, really. Like, TVtropes draws comparisons but they're all such a mix that it's hard to actually say it's a fantasy version of any given culture. The Five Kingdoms are ambiguously european, Xen'drik has vague jungle tribes... there's not a Not Japan or anything there. They just made new nations from scratch, really.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (40KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
40KB, 500x279px
>>51295228

But anon, if you're making an Eberron campaign for /pfg/ than where will I say my anime character is from?

Shitposting aside, putting Eberron side-by-side with Golarion really helps you single out the things that made the former great and the latter bland.
>>
>>51295090
>>51295168
Post in the /lfg/ or waiting if you're GM-sama and end this farce.
>>
>>51295147
If you didn't get a PM from the GM, there's a very good chance your app wasn't accepted. In fact, it was at best in the second run (if any of the first choices couldn't play at the specified time, they'd be up next) for consideration.
>>
>>51295255
I will.
On Saturday.
>>
File: Kung pow 02.jpg (53KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Kung pow 02.jpg
53KB, 960x544px
>>51295203
But you told the rest of us that we could only apply once! Does this mean it was all a test, and only Doug has succeeded?
>>
>>51295271
Why? If you've already decided just post and prove to everyone you're you.

Unless you're not of course.
>>
>>51295247
You can justify your honorable quick-draw heavily armored warrior from the peerage as being from anywhere. If they're from Karrnath, their armor will probably be made of literal bones, if they're from Zilargo, then it'll probably have an air elemental bound in the sword to make drawing it faster.

What I'm saying is that Gnome Samurai are Jetstream Sam.
>>
>>51295279
Precisely. I wanted to know how dedicated my potential players were, but only one of you truly satisfied me.
>>
Gestalt Elemental Ascetic Kineticist//Meditant Psychic Warrior.

Is it viable? Also, how the shit do you qualify the prereqs for the DSP feat "Mind Afire"???
>>
>>51295255
[image of white silhouette of a fish taking a piece of bait altered to be a parody of a famous renaissance art piece.gif]
>>
>>51295283
I've decided, but until those people get back to me it's not 100% anon. I'll know who's in for sure by Saturday, but those are the people I picked.
>>
File: 1471834467685.jpg (20KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1471834467685.jpg
20KB, 228x228px
>>51295283
>Why? If you've already decided just post and prove to everyone you're you.

It's two days, anon.

Surely you can wait for two days?
>>
File: 1476671104234.jpg (345KB, 1600x1976px) Image search: [Google]
1476671104234.jpg
345KB, 1600x1976px
>>51295286

And if they're from Thrane or Breland?
>>
File: smug_ako.jpg (10KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
smug_ako.jpg
10KB, 252x200px
>>51295310
Too late, posted already.
>>
>>51294681
God I hate Jeremy Jam.
>>
File: 1434240376324.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1434240376324.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>51295349
You're a good man, RotJR GM. Keep being awesome! Here's a bird as thanks.
>>
So in the end how many applications were made for RotJR?
>>
>>51295377
Aw lookit the birb, I bet he's feeling comfy from the overheating graphics card stuffed inside that overpriced laptop.
>>
>>51294681
All over the place
>>
>>51295380
43 applications total, not including Doug.
>>
>>51295380
44 in total. Out of that, there were 4 separate Kaijitsus (Shizuka, Kanela, Onryou, and Kousei).
>>
>>51295399
Who is this meme man?
>>
>>51295299
>Mind Afire
Literally what? I don't know of a DSP feat by that name, what book?
>>
>>51295412
Doug just wants to join.
>>
File: LD9FyFF.png (628KB, 1280x996px) Image search: [Google]
LD9FyFF.png
628KB, 1280x996px
Have you played a synthesist summoner? What were they like?
>>
>>51295412
Someone who just posted "Hi im doug" in the LFG forum
>>
>>51295412
A roll20 rando or a troll that posted an ap that amounted to "can I join pls" twice.
>>
>>51295332
ngl I am absolutely awful at Breland, but a Thranish Samurai would likely be a noble looking to find their place in the recently emerged theocracy that seems to have no place for him. Mechanically, I DUNNO.
>>
I really cannot wait for all of /pfg/ to become permanently about one specific game, it's going to be so much fun you guys
>>
>>51295349

Tell the people you contacted to keep their mouths shut; they're fucking derailing the entire thread with their self congratulating.
>>
So why did none of you make a paladin of kurgess|some punch class who cared not for gender or looks, just a lifelong partner to do duo work outs with and their marriage vow would be to spot for each other on leg and upper body days?
>>
When is Paizo releasing that Nirmathan AP?
>>
>>51295542

They made a module for it instead.
>>
>>51295542
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9npj?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-115-Trail-of-the-Hunted
>>
>>51295478
I'm just curious what about this fucking game was so special? Like yeah, it's gestalt but we've had gestalt games before hand and there wasn't this much hooting and shit.

We've had gestalt shit recruit. We've had ERP shit recruit but there was never this much fallout? What was the magic bullet here?

And it's more like half of /pfg/ maybe? There were around 90 people in the /lfg/ during it's apex and I know of plenty of people that weren't there. Still, that's most likely MOST of the general.

Only 44 applications, a few of which are obviously roll20 randoms. So the number of people who applied that are from "here" is probably only pushing around 38-40ish.
>>
>>51294681
God I love Ron.

Probably why I always end up Lawful Neutral.
>>
File: JvgL89m.png (1MB, 1356x1292px) Image search: [Google]
JvgL89m.png
1MB, 1356x1292px
>>51295432
The heck is that picture.
>>
File: Oh lonsome me.png (135KB, 454x286px) Image search: [Google]
Oh lonsome me.png
135KB, 454x286px
>>51295522
Did he say he contacted people or was that also people bluffing? If so then I guess I can give up the ghost.
>>
>>51295478
I'm going to build a living pathfinder campaign! And then I'm going to get all of /pfg/ to play in it!

With hookers! And booze!
>>
>>51295615
What do you think it is?
>>
> TFW RotJR ends up being nothing but cockhungry girls
> TFW there's only so much Sandru to go around
>>
>>51295585
Social phenomenon.

It was entirely luck that it caught the interest of the initial bunch of people, and then the fact it was being popular and hyped attracted more people until it snowballed.

RotJR is nice but isn't anything that unique, it just happened to start recruiting in the right place at the right time.
>>
>>51295576

>hobgoblins remove green

YES! Too bad MK starts tonight and not in like 2 months.
>>
What games are people looking for players for?
>>
>>51295653
Nightmare fuel.
>>
>>51295423
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist/archetypes/dreamscarred-press---kineticist-archetypes/dreamscarred-press---kineticist-feats
4th from the top, friendo.
>>
>>51295655
>cockhungry girls

At least one of those girls are pure, maybe more.
>>
>>51295662
>>51295585
The 2 months worth of waiting helped with the campaign hype get excessive, and the people discussing how to optimise things in the thread really pushed things towards making it a dickwaving optimisation contest, and then a backstory-making contest where people got more and more frantic to do well.

RoTJR also helped catalyse other game starts, which fed back into RoTJR since it's also been in a state of waiting for the axe to fall on the unworthy apps for ages.
>>
>>51295697
Pure girls will only fall deeper for Frisky Vhiski
>>
>>51295576
Why would hobgoblins go after Molthune where it is where one of the few nations in the world that openly accepts monstrous and goblinoid races?

Seems like though it is mostly Nirmathas that is getting their teeth kicked in.
>>
>>51295742
Because they're fucking evil.

At least as a collective.
>>
>>51295742
>>51295753
>why are hobgoblins trying to invade a race taking in hobgoblins as refugees

Clearly, it's because they'll less be willing to slaughter them en masse since they openly accept them.

[insert real life political aphorism here]
>>
>Accepted into Dragons
>Now asked availability for RotJR

I don't know if I actually want to be in both games
>>
>>51295742
Hobgoblins are infighting warmongers. If they see an opportunity to expand their domain they'll take it, even if it's on the backs of their fellow hobos.
>>
>>51295299
I guess you could take it as an undead.
>>
>>51295776
Hey, you want to respect the GM's wishes and not talk about it? All you're doing is stirring up shit.
>>
>>51295776
What fresh hell is this?
>>
>>51295731
But she's underage! That's so lewd!
>>
So the base stats for all of my eastern european races are done. Now racial traits and racial feats. How many do you think are needed to give proper variety?

I'm thinking 2 racial traits and 1-3 racial feats seems fine.

Thoughts?
>>
What is a Living Campaign? How does it differ from a standard campaign?
>>
File: 1379829840484.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1379829840484.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
I re-watched some of the Metal Gear Rising cutscenes.

What's the best way to create a Senator Armstrong knock-off?

Unchained Monk? Steelfist Commando Warlord? Monk of the Silver Fist archtype?

So it's an NPC, male or female, that doesn't need armour or weapons to kick ass, and can bust into kuh-razee mode at any time.
>>
>>51295778
>>51295742

It's also because Molthune and Nirmathas are incredibly isolated, politically.

If they attack Isger than they need to deal with Cheliax, same with Nidal. If they attack Druma than they've got the whole Inner Sea scrambling to protect their cash cow.

Molthune has a tenuous relationship with Nidal and Cheliax and Nirmathas has nobody. Easy pickings.
>>
>>51295813
Sounds about right, that's how Blood of Angels/Fiends/The Elements/The Moon does it.
>>
>>51295776
GM is clearly lurking these threads from how promptly they debunked that earlier list, what if they see your post and give someone else your slot
>>
>>51295795
>>51295796
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>51295824
Andoran supports Nirmathas directly through support of the Steel Falcons and seem to have a vested political interest.

Molthune is far more isolated and beset on all side by enemies.
>>
>>51295840
Well, it'd be a great way to bump off the opposition by people who haven't got a post yet by making the GM believe the players he has contacted already are wanting to quit before the game starts.
>>
>>51295850

I've got dollarydoos to bet on the party meeting an Eagle Knight.
>>
>>51295874
And that's exactly why a post like that can't be taken seriously either way.
>>
>>51295929
>tfw they meet Molthuni soldiers instead, disguised as Nirmathan citizens
>>
>>51295929
A transgender eagle knight?
>>
>>51295813
>>51295833
Now, here are some racial feats for the Borovoi. I am unsure if these are really worth feat slots, so I'd like opinions if possible.

Name: Forest Stalker
Prerequisite: Borovoi
Benefit: You have become adept at hiding among nature, your skin and plant like hair naturally camouflaging you. When among plant life, such as a forest, you receive a +4 bonus to stealth checks. Once you have 10 or more ranks in stealth this bonus increases to +8.
Special: This ability counts as Skill Focus (Stealth) for the purpose of feat, prestige class, and other prerequisites.

Name: Wooden Thoughts
Prerequisite: Borovoi, Vegetative Racial Trait
Benefit: Your thoughts become more alien and plant-like. Your bonus against mind affecting abilities increases by 2 to +4. At 10th level this bonus increases by a further 2 to +6.

Name: Green Tongue
Prerequisite: Borovoi, 7th level
Benefit: You are now able to commune with nature, feel its pulse through your skin. The small voices of plants are now as clear as day to you. For a number of minutes per day equal to your character level you may speak with plants as if using Speak with Plants. These minutes need not be consecutive.
>>
>>51295874
The could just withdraw themselves or PM the DM sayiing they don't want in, and until the GM says they're PMing people I'm still convinced they're just trolling. Wishful think but eh.

Really, I can't fathom what good would come from PMing people in secret without explicit instructions not to squeal.

Lastly, I know a lot of people were hype and a lot of people are going to be upset/disappointment no matter what happens but can we please try to show some dignity and grace in these final hours? We're grown ass men for the most part.
>>
>>51295813
>2 racial traits and 1-3 racial feats
It's not the quantity, it's the quality! Are they feats and racial traits strong enough to outweigh generic traits like +2 initiative and so on?
>>
>>51295840
and if that anon is telling the truth, it means they're either Amandia or Shanna, since those anons got into Dragons and also had apps for RotJR.
>>
>>51295961
The first and third are good, but the second one should just give you the Plant type.
>>
>>51295970
I'm a grown-ass woman! Can I show no dignity or grace?
>>
>>51295995
No you must show elegance and grace. The difference is subtle, but there.
>>
>>51295995
It's assumed you have dignity and grace already.
>>
>>51295961
>You have become adept at hiding among nature, your skin and plant like hair naturally camouflaging you. When among plant life, such as a forest, you receive a +4 bonus to stealth checks. Once you have 10 or more ranks in stealth this bonus increases to +8.
I personally hate feats that give no flat bonuses. A flat bonus of +2 that increases to +4 in forests and 10 ranks giving you +4-> +8 in forests would be much more likely to be taken.

Wooden thoughts scales nicely to help out.

Green Tongue may need to suggest what information you can gather from plants, seeing as plants don't have eyes, ears or noses.
>>
>>51295850
>Molthune is far more isolated and beset on all side by enemies.
Molthune has always seems like a very unfortunate nation to me. In all the world they have no ally. They have plenty of enemies however. The Cheliax hunger for their land. The Andoran are cold to them due to their policy on slaves. Isger is unfriendly due to Cheliax's opinion. Nirmathas is in open rebellion. Druma treats Molthune like children. Nidal is a hellhole.

One would think either Galt or Andoran would be able to settle their difference as fellow Chelaxian successor states.

The closest thing to an ally they have is Druma, and that isn't saying much.

Being Molthuni is living each day awaiting the executioner's axe.
>>
>>51295948
>>51295957

I'm kind of hoping they include a snarky middle-aged Eagle knight woman who has made a life out of her career.
>>
>>51296035
>Green Tongue may need to suggest what information you can gather from plants, seeing as plants don't have eyes, ears or noses.
That's why it says as per Speak with Plants, since Speak with plants define it.

>I personally hate feats that give no flat bonuses. A flat bonus of +2 that increases to +4 in forests and 10 ranks giving you +4-> +8 in forests would be much more likely to be taken.
Makes sense, I'll change it. Then it'll be weaker than normal Skill Focus outside a forest, but not by much.

>>51295990
>The first and third are good, but the second one should just give you the Plant type.
I would personally disagree because this does a lot of things as well, like you can't Enlarge Person yourself anymore.

Also the Plant type has a ton of strengths and not many weaknesses, seems too strong for a feat slot.
>>
>>51296036

>Be Molthune
>Events of Hell's Rebels happen
>Swoop in and conquer the Archduchy of Kintargo
>>
>>51295693
Bloodforge Altered Life feat will let you qualify.
>>
>>51296025
Well that's a mistake-and-a-half if I've ever heard one.
>>
>>51296062
Please god no. That's tempting the fates too much to keep that character from being a thinly vieled self-insert for Amber Scott.
>>
RotJR GM, would you mind doing some rumor control in that thread you made earlier?
>>
>>51296090
Level 3 start, 25 point buy, gestalt, 1pp+DSP+SoP+Jolly+Forrest. Apps open in March. Start hyping your characters today.
>>
>>51295819
I think the conceit is that your actions will change a persistent setting that the GM maintains? So that when other people join the campaign later or another campaign gets run, your actions will have affected it?

Or something.
>>
>>51296125
Doing what, specifically?
>>
>>51296125
>>51296172
What rumor control is there do do?
"I did send PM's I did not send PM's" that's all there is to say really, he really shouldn't have to take time out of his evening to deal with this middle-school Gaia tier forum bullshit.

Just assume whatever someone posts here is about the game is bull until you know otherwise.
>>
>>51295094
>TFW you complete your harrowing trek across the crown of the world
>TFW the first person in Tian Xia is a Varisian yokel farmer named Doug
>TFW he asks if he can join your party twice
RotJR DM, you know what you need to do.
>>
>>51295731
who
>>
New Thread

>>51296315
>>51296315
>>51296315
>>51296315
>>
>>51296321

Nope
>>
File: boobs.jpg (71KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
71KB, 1200x675px
>>51292817
Just mention she is boobs
Thread posts: 439
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.