[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and a buddy of mine are haveing a battle for sparta battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1483890490982.jpg (49KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483890490982.jpg
49KB, 720x405px
Me and a buddy of mine are haveing a battle for sparta battle
5000 points
All hes takeing into battle is
Company command squad
8 lemanruss tanks with sponsons
2 lord Commissars
2 techpriest
And nothing but conscrips
I need help comeing up with a battle plan.. Im playing as space marines
Anything can and will help
>>
>>51270907
For starters, play a better game.
>>
>>51270907
Which chapter and with or without formations? You will want some dedicated anti tank for the leman russes and flamers for the hordes. I do not recommend assault marines unless they are a part of the skyhammer formation
>>
>>51271194
Capter is imperial fist
What HQ would you recommend?
Should i go full powerhouse or should i get a few thunderfire cannons or should i have a few squads of devastators and 2 whirlwinds to defend my HQ?
>my objective is to hold the line
>>
>>51270907

How many points you have would be useful info, as I imagine, since it's a Thermopile style battle, it is not even.

A battle plan for this is pretty simple, mass bolter fire, bolters will ripp through conscripts like nothing. Against the Russes a flyer might not be a bad idea since the sea of conscripts won't be able to do shit to it with their S3 flashlights.

Are deep strikes allowed in this scenario? Because a suicidal anti-armor drop might be a viable option here as well.
>>
>>51271292
Im getting 3000 points
And yes deep strikes are allowed
Haveing suicide attacks to take down the lemanruss tanks is a good idea
>untill the points lost in a suicide attack hit
Also due to both of us not haveing 836 guardsmen we are useing a few armymen from the toy store.
>>
template and blast weapons will be your friends. You can also try sweeping conscripts.

Scout snipers might also be useful. Without the characters, conscripts have very poor everything.
>>
>>51271360

With 3000pts you can just spam heavy bolters and lascannons and fire away. If he has 5000 but is limited to 8 tanks and conscripts only and you may have 3000 of whatever the fuck you want then you have a huge advantege.

Pretty much when you destroy the tanks you've won.
>>
>>51270907
Are you playing for theme or are you playing to win?
>>
>>51271700
Its mostly for fun
Its going to be 7 game turns before it switches to night fighting 2 game turns the next "morning" is the last game turn before we see how long my army can survive the battle
>>
>>51271767
Well playing for fun I would say bring a standard space marine force, hell isn't there even a 3k strike force box that could give you an idea of a themed force? it sounds like you are on the defensive so don't bring deep strike, I would instead suggest fast attack units, I would also avoid flyers as it sounds like he would have no way to deal with them properly.
Do you have an idea of how your defenses would be set up?
Or how many lines at least?
Alternatively just bring as many terminators and imperial knights as you can and make them fight to the death for every inch they take.
You will probably want some heavy range support on the back lines to soften up anything that tries to camp in place.
>>
>>51271194
>>51271292
>>51271401
>>51271882
Thanks for the help m8s
I appreciate the help
>>51271561
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.