[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are dwarves always the same when there are a million

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Dwarf Names.png (188KB, 1062x644px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Names.png
188KB, 1062x644px
Why are dwarves always the same when there are a million types of elves?
>>
>>51269441
But there isnt. However, I can understand where you are coming from. I think it has to do with what makes dwarves... dwarves. If caves and mines make dwarves dwarfy then thats what they are. Elves are elfy because they have trees, magic, and other crap. They have more characteristics to expand upon.
>>
>>51269441
Tolkien had a lot of different elven kingdoms/"ethnicities" which readers mistook for separate species
>>
>>51269441
Well there are usually dark dwarves in most settings, like chaos dwarves in Warhammer fantasy or the dreuger of Pathfinder so that's more than just one subrace
>>
>>51269441
>>51269542

Why aren't the many variations of human even though they're as widespread as elves? Where's my ice humans, dark humans, and dire humans? Most you ever hear of is occasionally a vague "high man", or maybe have neanderthals haphazardly inserted into the lineup.
>>
>>51269659
>ice humans,
Russia.
>dark humans,
Persia.
>and dire humans
Canada.
>>
>>51269484
As a proud Granite dwarf I find it insulting that you can't tell the difference between myself and my kin and those Dwarves who dwell in Basalt, or Marble. Or even, Stone forbit, a Sedimentary Dwarf. Those Sedimentary Dwarves are barely Dwarf kin at all, they're one step down from being cloud gazing Humans after all, and good Solid Stone Dwarf will tell you that!
>>
>>51269441
>million types of elves?
And see that's the rub. There aren't a million type of elves, because they are all the fucking same. The only different is a writer or editor thinking they are making their own special snowflake elf races and they are really just making more of the same.
>>
>Raghelm Beardhelm
My family crest is a rooster and we all have southern accents
>>
>>51269441
>Bolkarl Beardbeard

Just kill me.
>>
>>51269891
In a great many settings there are generally at least dark elves that behave differently.
This descends from the norse svartálfar that existed opposite the ljósálfar.
>>
>>51270342
Psssst. Rearrange the chart, then repost it in a few days.
>>
>>51269441
Try telling an Überwald dwarf that he's just like a Copperhead, or even worse, Ankh-Morpork dwarf! Ha! He'll throw your mesh-screened lantern right in your face!
>>
/tg/, how do you do Dwarves in an original way that still keeps their spirit intact?
>>
>>51270828
Pre-Tolkien
>>
>>51269891
People just need to keep it a simple elf triad of elves, drow, and witches.
>>
>>51270828
Warcraft dwarves. Seriously. Same for humans.
>>
>>51269441
>Bomhelm Doomsmith, father of Bolkon, heir of Gimgar II.
>>
>>51269866
Oi! Just coz Siltstone Dwarves are so piddly you'd think they were forest panzies, doesn't mean us Chert Dwarves aren't hard as nails nor our Sandstone kin. You take that back or I'll wreck you. I swear on me beard!
>>
>>51269441
Urkon Runebattle!
>>
>>51269441
Reingar Runehand.
Double R, I like it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.