[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Chaya Nisarga is also working on new designs such as han

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: b.jpg (179KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
179KB, 1200x675px
>Chaya Nisarga is also working on new designs such as hand-made cloth that replaces cardboard along with wooden pawns. This cloth can be rolled and slid into a pouch. The board occupies minimal space and is easy to carry. Apart from this, the attractive and colourful game boards can be hung on walls as well. They can be washed and ironed too.

http://www.bfirst.in/news/sports/14749/time-roll-dice

Are the Indians right?
Are cloth boardgames the way to go?
>>
>Inb4 poo in loo
>>
Makes you think
>>
>>51260413
Let's extrapolate on that. Game board on a cloth takes minimal space, yes. But you still need to carry the cloth. Why not put the game board on something cloth-like you would be carrying anyway. Such as - clothes.

As for the game pieces / pawns. Perhaps you could re-purpose buttons. Or detachable zippers.
>>
>>51263540
I don't want to have to game shirtless.
>>
Not too farfetched, I used to own beach towels that had tic-tac-toe and checkers boards on them with plastic pieces in a travel bag.

>>51263540
Why would you play boardgames using somebody's sweaty shirt?
>>
>>51260413
I didn't realize this was a new idea. I've been printing gameboards on cloth for years. I've done multipurpose boards like Chess and Go, copies of official boards for easy transport, and variant boards like a two-player Tigris and Euphrates or a Chaos in the Old World board that can actually be read in the low light of the pub.

When I was living in the US, I used spoonflower.com to print them. Now that I live in the UK, I use printmepretty.co.uk . I've had good results with both companies.
>>
File: wp-image-1133350372jpeg.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wp-image-1133350372jpeg.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
I actually have a game in metal and cloth, Dragoon. It's fun, although the cloth board honestly feels like more of a gimmick/alternative than a real improvement over a hard, solid board.

The game does have some cool space saving innovations though, like the victory track being printed on the bag you store the whole game in.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.