[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>New campaign, everybody sitting around, rolling characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_npoq2fxsoK1s7g72ko1_500.jpg (106KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npoq2fxsoK1s7g72ko1_500.jpg
106KB, 500x620px
>New campaign, everybody sitting around, rolling characters
>"Anybody mind if I play a Paladin this time?"
>Everyone is cool with it
>First session
>One player reveals he is evil
>Don't even try to be cool and smooth, just flaunt his evilness
>Don't want to start the campaign by dropping the hammer and smiting his ass
>Try to contain, just get shit talked, every session spirals into IC arguing

Every fucking time. Why is it that there are so many people in this hobby who just go insane the moment there is a good guy in the group?
>>
>>51256747

Because any true edgelord evul antihero character needs a foil to bounce off of to show just how cool and rebelious he is

nothing personnel kid
>>
>>51256747
Just smite the kid
>it's what your character would do
>>
>>51256747
Wow, it's almost like your GM should have made sure the PCs could work well together.
>>
>>51256747
>Using alignments in 2017
>DM allows "evil" characters in the campaign

No game is better than a bad game and your DM has already proved he's a fucking faggot. Drop the game, get a new group.
>>
File: 1478774142901.jpg (315KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478774142901.jpg
315KB, 786x800px
>>51256747
> Decide to finally give the edgelord what he wants
> Proclaim that I'm DMing the evil campaign now
> "Great, here's my lawful good paladin."
>>
>>51256747
Just tattle on them.

Or try to somehow manipulate them into behaving cartoonishly villainous like Dick Dastardly.
>>
>>51257781

You might have heard of this before, but there are different kinds of games. Realistic low-fantasy, scifi, horror.. some RPGs also aim for specific genres, like Feng Shui does, or like say, Dungeon World or D&D that go for simple morality and fantasy adventure. Alignments are a part of that genre and emulate it. Nobody makes you play that game or genre if you don't like it, but it doesn't make it bad. Bad players make it bad, but people like that ruin anything they touch.
>>
>>51257812
>Playing with a edgelord instead of kicking him out of the group for being an immature shit who doesn't realize why his HURRDURR EVUL power-fantasy doesn't belong in a team-based game.

Quit the hobby, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>51257843
>Quit the hobby, you are part of the problem.

I agree! How dare people have common sense and state their expectations! Everyone should just keep their character ideas for themselves, without stating anything to anyone else until it's time to play and see where it leads.

That's the best way to RP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.