[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the bounds of what Paladin can do to evil without """"falling""""?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 635632220759964163.jpg (207KB, 789x958px) Image search: [Google]
635632220759964163.jpg
207KB, 789x958px
What are the bounds of what Paladin can do to evil without """"falling""""? Should paladin see all evil the same, thus smited the same: Risen evil lich that wants to turn everyone undead compare to evil sorceress that practices forbidden(by paladin standards) magic
>>
>>51254854
Depends on the Paladin Order, God Worshiped, and setting.
>>
>>51254863
But what can a good paladin order/God let paladin do without questioning his morality
>>
>>51254922
A clean death in honorable combat is ok.

Cold blooded murder of the evil in question or their minions/apprentices/whatever you want to call them is ok but the pally should feel bad about having to do it.

Tricking them is ok.

Torture and manipulation (the extended emotional kind(unless its something that is generally funny, not just funny to a select group of sociopaths)) is not ok.
>>
>>51254922
Once again, it depends on setting, chosen god and order. For example; a war god. If im not mistaken, so long as said paladin doesnt commit a war crime, the god will be pleased.
>>
>>51256663
why god of war would ever have order of paladins? What you've described are not paladins but warriors of War-god
>>
File: 1475181988879.jpg (406KB, 700x964px) Image search: [Google]
1475181988879.jpg
406KB, 700x964px
>>51254854
Reminder that 3.5's (((paladin code))) almost ruined the entire character concept forever.
> Paladins must be lawful good! If they do a single evil act, they fall! If they associate (what the fuck is associate?!) with evil people, they fall! If they see a trolley dillema, they fall!
For fuck's sake, sharia law is more forgiving. When all it takes for you to lose your powers forever is a single evil act, and you must also stay lawful, paladin roleplay turns into fuckfest of "What my DM considers good? What my DM considers lawful?"

Thank God 5e actually provided different yet equally sane oaths.
>>
>>51254922
Nothing.
>>
>>51257775
If Paladin does nothing than they would question his willingness to act
>>
File: 1470509236732s.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470509236732s.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>paladins have to be goody two shoes moral fags

Fuck that shit, my Paladin will remind prisoners that the penalty for their crimes is death and won't hesitate to execute them if they will not submit to the greater good.
>>
>>51257810
no evil deeds should go unpunished, but they should not be punished in same way
>>
>>51254854
>A paladin that commits a great act of heresy and falls, saving thousands in doing so
>A paladin that staunchly refuses to commit heresy, leaving thousands to their fate in the process
Which of the two is a worthier paladin?
>>
>>51261034
Depends on whether you determine the value of a Paladin by commitment to an ideal or commitment to a particular doctrine. The former is dedicated to the ideal of saving as many lives as possible, the latter to upholding the strictures if its organization.
>>
>>51254854
Don't make it personal
>>
>>51261034
what type of heresy are we talking about? Using demonic power or killing right person without enough evidence in their fault?
>>
>>51258223
God forgives. Paladins just arrange the meeting.
>>
>>51257680
Maybe it's because different settings, game systems and simply historical periods have various definitions of whata paladin is.
The original paladins, aka Charlemagne's personal guards, couldn't """fall""".
>>
>>51261034
One is Lawful good.
The other is Good lawful.
Depends on what their god prioritises I guess.
>>
>>51257680
It was just an arbitrary example sir autism. His main point was that there are a number of factors to consider.
>>
>>51261288
Neither of those are heresy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.