[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 437
Thread images: 43

File: 40k general.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40k general.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Tau = Tomb Kings edition
Robute Girlyman sexually identifies as a Storm Talon sub-edition
I sexually identify as a Vendetta sub-sub-edition
sub-sub-subway edition

>Previous Thread
>>51248247

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, IF YOU USE IT, PLEASE KILL YOURSELF
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Blaecki Libraeri (Beware blue communists asking if they can check out books on your card, their argument based around the GRATER GUD!)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
File: 1389255683978.jpg (76KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1389255683978.jpg
76KB, 400x400px
Anyone based in edinburgh / been to?
whats this group http://www.edinburghleagueofgamers.co.uk/ like? I'm trying to find out a place I can play
>>
Am I scum for using Eldar? I really like them
>>
>>51253401
What's this? Two 40k gens? Well this one actually has a title.
>>
>>51253850
I live inAberdeenSo no
>>
>>51253910
man that did not work
>>
>>51253941
There there anon, you're from aberdeen so you're basically just retarded.
>>
>>51253865
If you dig space elves, then yes, you are xenos-loving filth. Other than that, so long as you're not a cunt and don't make other players' experiences in games awful, keep on keeping on, dude.
>>
File: goodfeelings.jpg (22KB, 370x250px) Image search: [Google]
goodfeelings.jpg
22KB, 370x250px
>>51253865
Eldar are delicious, they're my favorite really.
>>
File: noisemarines.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
noisemarines.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
So, the other night I was going across websites and ordered some sets of slave girls for my slaaneshi chaos warband, and as I was looking through 3rd party websites for good models of naked girls I found quite a few elven naked girls.

So, this brings up the question to me of what would happen if an eldar was taken captive by a chaos warband? I figured in a Slaaneshi warband the eldar captives would be sacrificed to slaaneshi demons/ slaanesh itself quite quickly- Or would they work hard to keep their hyper empathetic slave alive so they could torture and enjoy it the way the demons and slaanesh want to?

I tried searching for some answers, but all I can find is people talking about what happens to prisoners the eldar take, not what happens to eldar who are taken prisoner themselves.
>>
>>51253865

Yes, but it's not your fault that you're scum, it's GW's fault. The best you can do is try your hardest not to be scum, but 100% of the time you're going to end up as scum regardless. Even if you take 120 Storm Guardians.
>>
>>51254016
Xenology isn't cannon, but it's about the best you're going to get. When one was captured by the Inquisition, he locked up and barely interacted with anyone or anything. Just sat there, meditating, eating occasionally when food was provided. Never spoke. Since they're in the hands of a Slaaneshi warband, my guess is that they're going to neck themselves first chance they get if they aren't sacrificed quickly. The nature of soulstones isn't common knowledge unless you yourself are a Craftworld Eldar, so that's their best opportunity.
>>
>>51253910
Dear god, someone else from this depressing grey shithole posts on here.
>>
>>51253959
>playing Eldar
>not making others' experiences awful

Pick one. I mean unless you give all your opponents a beer and a blowjob, then I guess you could pick both.
>>
>>51254096
>tfw edincucked
>>
>>51253865
Aeldari are OP in general, but avoid Wraith and Scatbike spam and you avoid most of it.
>>
File: 1484018856875.jpg (51KB, 464x859px) Image search: [Google]
1484018856875.jpg
51KB, 464x859px
What's the best way to field a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince?
I plan on converting the new Celestine model into one and I'd like some tips beforehand.
>>
My apologies for not yet reading the codex but what is required of the reclaimation legion formation for necrons? GW is trying to shove a monolith in a box set deal and I don't recall needing one.
>>
>>51254277

0-3 Monolith
>>
>>51254277
That box set is exactly the same cost as buy the individual pieces separately btw.
>>
>>51254095
Does the canon even matter in 40k? Im sure all the biology aspects of it are accurate. Its canon enough that everyone references it.

So, probably not on the Eldar slave girl, at least not for long. If stripped upon capture they'd attempt to get their soulstone back and then neck themselves upon getting it?

What if the eldar in question was from Cammorragh?
>>
>>51253910
>>51254096
Aberdonians what is the low down on the GW shop in the city, is it decent or shit?
Can i bring my vajello paints and have them not freak out?
>>
>>51254095
>Xenology isn't cannon

It is canon but the text in it is dubious because it's written by an in-verse lunatic. Goddamnit people.
>>
>>51254498
From my experience its decent. They don't have any problems with conversions with different companies parts so I'm sure they won't care about what paint you use, although I've never painted in shop.

The Manager Scott is pretty nice guy who tends to give you free stuff from time to time. Really friendly and you can have a discussion about anything. Rich is also a nice guy whose pretty chill and will give decent advice about painting and army building.

They used to have a couple of dickheads as staff but they've left over the last few years. I'd recommend avoiding it on the weekend as its generally packed with kids. They have late night gaming on Thursdays as well.

But yeah, its a nice shop that I've been going to on and off for about a decade now. Never had a problem with Scott.
>>
>>51254566
is there any other alternative in aberdeen to the GW shop?
>>
>>51254587
Not to my knowledge. All the other places I know have shut down over the years.
>>
>>51254095
There are multiple cases of slaaneshis collecting or even eating soulstones.
>>
Cadians step off, the new Imperial Guard are here
>>
>>51254016
I have a better question, what would the Dark Eldar do if they captured some Craftworld cousins
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1110pts.jpg (201KB, 900x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1110pts.jpg
201KB, 900x1193px
rate this shit tier list
>>
File: yummy.jpg (80KB, 798x843px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
80KB, 798x843px
>>51254158
Daemon or CSM version?

In my mono slaanesh Daemon army I've use him/her as a livining daemon spawning battery with 3 charges flying around trying to get some summons or cursed earths off to boost the horde of daemons running across the board. if you got the points pop a greater gift and get the lash for the 2d6 S user shooting, it's not the best in the world unless you go for Iron arm.

If you have CSM allies or a CSM army it's much the same, but instead of the lash you get the BBoS flamer which is hella fun to play around with. biggest plus is you get the spell famliar which makes him a beast, well worth the needed roll on the god table to get.

Both versions will cost you an arse load though, atleast 300+ points or so, I include mine for fluff reasons but it has a nasty habit of getting blown the hell out of the sky by Vendetta spam or flyrants so be warned.
>>
>>51254602
/k/ pls go
>>
>>51254095
>tating, eating occasionally when food was provided. Never spoke. Since they're in the hands of a Slaaneshi warband, my guess is that they're going to neck themselves first chance they get if they aren't sacrificed quickly. The nature of soulstones isn't common knowledge unless you yourself are a Craftworld Eldar,
There's a short story in Treacheries of the Space Marines that deals with an Iron Warrior who captures a bunch of soulstones and holds a story-telling competition between a bunch of other traitor legionnaires to see who gets them.
>>
>>51254602
>hurrr muh operators
can you stop
>>
>>51254689

High speed, low drag, and Newton's first law of motion means that no, no, he can't stop.
>>
>>51254623
Same as they treat DE prisoners. All eldar still see eldar as people and everyone else as animals.

Of course, being DE, they might very well torture, rape and/or murder them because that's like saying 'hello' in Commorragh. But probably not enslave them, because I don't think they keep their own kind as slaves.
>>
>>51253951
>There there anon, you're from aberdeen so you're basically just retarded.

>be me
>live most of my life in england
>move to aberdeen for PhD
>get called retarded

welp

>>51254096
i kinda like it, the granite is cool, and the cairngorms give me a boner
>>51254566
Is nick the young loud one, 'cos he's a dick
>>
>>51254631
Is there a specific reason you've taken a Lord Commissar over a Company Command Squad? Just curious is all.

I wouldn't recommend mixing the special weapons on the Veterans. I would also only take 2 weapons as you can only fire 2 from the Chimera. If you are going to use Plasma guns I'd also take Carapace armour too to make them slightly more survivable and also to help with Gets Hot!

The heavy weapon in your Platoon Command Squad is rarely going to fire if its in a Chimera. Its going to be snapshotting.

You could combine your infantry squads into one massive one. Means you'd only have to take one vox caster. You can add a commissar and make them stubborn or a priest to make them fearless and you could potentially add autocannons to make them a gun line. Could also add a Psyker with Prescience.

I would also not recommend mixed special weapons on the Tempestus Command Squad.
>>
>>51254631
For the main detachment-
lose the flamers and nade launchers, take melta - put the heavy weapons team in a normal squad that isn't going to be in a chimera and doesn't need to be mobile and giving orders.
Lose all the vox casters, its totally pointless since you only have one person who can give orders, and he can't even give senior orders (the commissar cant give orders)
Don't take recovery gears, take dozer blades, they are much better at preventing immobilization and not taking that glance; recovery gears are far more niche
With the veterans don't mix special weapons - don't mix special weapons in any squad if you can help it.
It might be very worth your while either squeezing in a vanq, or a proper HQ (perhaps lose the platoon command chimera)

For the hellrain brigade, I'm not familar with what you have to take, but remember you have deepstrike with all these guys, so you might not need the taurox, also careful about mixing guns here. You'll find that commissar has little value with tempestus, so consider giving him some toy like a powerfist or plasma pistol
>>
>>51254723
wait... i thought the craftworld eldar were different because of the soulstone nonsense, and the deldar don't have soulstones?
Does this mean its possible to corrupt a craftworld eldar to a pleasure-pain obsessed deldar?
>>
>>51254729
I've not been there in a while Anon. I mostly dealt with Scott and Rich who are both decent.

I think I know who you're talking about and he mostly works on saturday where being loud is good for kids.

Last main dickhead I was dealing with was a miserable cunt with glasses that nearly stopped me from going.
>>
>>51254729
>Is nick the young loud one, 'cos he's a dick
I know the guy you're taking about, he isn't a dick so much as a guy who probably does coke in the back room, and doesn't take his ADHD meds. He's a good painter but knows shit about the actual game.
It does make you wonder what they look for in GW employees
>>
After painting termagaunts i realize that painting anything between the legs of a mini is a pain in the ass
>>
>>51254623
the mold lines on that one
>>
Should i give all my platoon command squads a flamer and my company command a flamer?

Also, is a grenade launcher worth on a normal guardsmen squad?
>>
>>51254755
>take melta

I disagree with this. Melta should be on specialized squads (Veterans, Command Squads). You don't want to waste lasgun fire getting a couple of BS3 melta gun shots in. Its not worth it for just one Melta.

I'd say if he wants to take special weapons that he should take Flamers if he wants them to assault and get close, Grenade Launchers if he's taking autocannons for it and wants a 5pt small boost to firepower. But yeah, for the most part the special weapons for regular guardsmen aren't great.
>>
>>51254825
No and No

Nade launchers are rubbish, and flamers are very situational, and your command squads are better off in the back, sniping and kiting and giving orders (unless you buff it out for something specific)
>>
>>51254842
>for the most part the special weapons for regular guardsmen aren't great.
yeah this is true, if you want a special weapons squad, shell out for another group of vets
>>
>>51254498
>Can i bring my vajello paints and have them not freak out?
In general is it okay to bring 3rd party paints to an official GW store?
>>
>>51254843
i see, thank you anon, any suggestion where i should spend those points on? Being two platoons and an heavy flamer its 20 points, or just 15 if i want to keep a simple flamer just in case someone decides to get too close my company command squad, also command squads cant be too much in the back, as the orders only have a reach of 12"
>>
>>51254825
I have a healthy amount of respect for the humble grenade launcher.

I've lost a bloodthrister on the turn it deepstruck to those bastards massed.

He never even got to move... Fucking lawnchairs.
>>
>>51254825
Adding flamers to PCS isn't a terrible idea. You can use them against hordes and as a counter attack unit. And its only 20 points.

I would never give flamers to a CCS. They should be out of combat for most of the time.

Grenade launchers are okay. Not great. Only useful if you want a small boost and are willing to pay 5 points. Not really worth it though.
>>
>>51254883
what's your HQ have?
>>
>>51254880
I'd probably just check before hand. For every good GW employee/manager there's likely 2 bad ones.

Most of the guys I've met are pretty chill but you never know.
>>
>>51253850
Looks like a bunch of middle aged blokes chugging pints and Irn Bru. Would be worth at least tossing them a line and asking about 40k. I'm applying to do my MA up your ends so might follow on your tails in September anon
>>
>>51254892
Normal company command with camo and carapace
>>
File: 1348066047220.jpg (158KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
1348066047220.jpg
158KB, 1024x743px
>>51248247 (OP)
I can't bother to check all the links, so you're probably have it. But in case someone still not:

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86if2YrXDKbajJudlBGYzYzd0k/view
fall of cadia pdf
>>
>>51254825
I use grenade launchers for units with autocannons or missile launchers, since what other weapon can I get to them that syncs in any way with those two and doesn't cost 3 times as much?
>>
>>51254623
Probably try and bring them around to the deldar way of thinking through elaborate psychological torture.
>>
>>51254915
>pdf

But nobody uses PDFs.
>>
>>51254933
Every planet in the Imperium has one you dickweed
>>
>>51254968
Cadia doesn't.
>>
>>51254915
Thanks mate.

>>51254933

I'll be honest, I can't stand epubs.
>>
>>51254933
tons of planets use PDF's
>>
>>51253401
>
reboot when?
>>
>>51254968
>>51254982
Yeah, but the Imperium's in technological regression. Soon they'll be all using Word documents. Ecclesiarchy already is.
>>
File: Emperors Children - 1850pts.jpg (267KB, 900x1315px) Image search: [Google]
Emperors Children - 1850pts.jpg
267KB, 900x1315px
Casual Slaaneshi List
>>
the worst part about going from Blood Angels to nids is i now have tons of metalic paints i will never use along with blues and flesh tones
>>
>>51254913
I would go camo or carapace, either one will likely give you a 4+
>>
>>51254391
If the eldar was from Commoragh, you could potentially keep them indefinitely since they survive off pain. I'm sure there would be issues over time since you're keeping them out of the webway. They'd be looking to bail as soon as possible, of course; they're not fans of Slaanesh, and they'd rather not have their soul eaten.
>>
>>51255046
The soul gets eaten upon death for a Dark Eldar anyway, doesn't it? They don't have soulstones.
>>
>>51255017
What is armour?
>>
File: 1369011523376.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1369011523376.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
>>51255017
Praise Slaanesh!
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1850pts (1).jpg (339KB, 900x1409px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1850pts (1).jpg
339KB, 900x1409px
r8 and b8 m80s
>>
>>51254825
Flamers on platoon command squads are good in a chimera. Don't waste the unit or the bs with company command squads. ccs is for plasma guns or a lascannon.

Grenade launchers are very okay. Take them in you have a small amount of points to spare. They pair nicely with autocannons or heavy bolters since they are all around the same strength and have the same ap.
>>
>>51255130
not bad. for that many points though, you could've gotten 616 conscripts.
>>
>>51254799
>He's a good painter but knows shit about the actual game.
yeah thats the guy. he recomemed putting eldard at the front of eldar units, becuase he has a 4++
>>51254774
>Last main dickhead I was dealing with was a miserable cunt with glasses that nearly stopped me from going.

jesus, what? is it story time?
>>
>>51255130
Pretty good for an infantry based list, it might be worth it to break that into two platoons to get an extra order every turn, a second command squad would be another extra two orders as well. Could really help the infantry list, with no sergeant or vox caster you'd be shocked how hard it is to get an order off on a heavy weapon team.
>>
>>51255130
It might be worth dropping one(and only one) of the las cannon teams down to autocannons: i have found tank hunter auto cannons are better for dealing wiht vechle squads (like other sentnles, dragoon etc), and they can pull double duty as anti-infantry
>>
>>51255017
You will suffer vs guard:wyvens and heavy weapons squads basically counter everything you have here, and you have very little awnser to armour
>>
File: Noise_marine_1.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Noise_marine_1.png
1MB, 600x800px
It is too quiet we must make it loud
>>
>>51255130
You should add your CCS to the vox network. I wouldn't take a medi-pack as they're going to be pretty fragile and will die to a stiff breeze. I like putting my CCS in a Chimera for a bit more survivability personally.

I take it the priest is either going with flamers combined squad or conscripts?

I take it you're going to be doing 2 combined squads for the infantry? One for flamers, one for grenade launchers? If that's the case I'd add some autocannons to the grenade launcher ones.

Your special weapons squad isn't legal. Rules say that they must take 3 special weapons.

I'm not a great fan of footslogging veterans. Seems like they'll die before making a difference. I'd definitely give them carapace to negate Gets Hot! and allow them to survive a bit more.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2500pts.jpg (368KB, 900x1565px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2500pts.jpg
368KB, 900x1565px
rate my list guys.
>>
>>51255300
0/10

Can't take conscripts without infantry platoons
>>
>>51255300
NotEnoughCommissarsForThatManyConscripts/10
>>
>>51255300
low energy
>>
>>51255310
ah, now that's the genius part. the commissar is the baneblade.
>>
>>51255323
Truly, creed is in his element
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2500pts.jpg (415KB, 900x2004px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2500pts.jpg
415KB, 900x2004px
>>51255309
is this what you wanted anon? is it?
>>
>>51254623

Ironically, a craftworlder would probably be treated far better thn a non-Eldar prisoner.

Like, Dark Eldar see everyone but Eldar as animals. They at least acknowledge craftworlders as fellow Eldar.
>>
>>51255454
No priest or enough commissars. Do you even IG?
>>
>>51253910
Ew, Glasgow ftw
>>
File: 26677-200.png (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
26677-200.png
5KB, 200x200px
>>51255480
>>
>>51255454
>add Coteaz
>take Castellans of the Imperium
>all Conscripts get 33% chance o respawn and ObSec

DO IT
>>
>>51255472
Its not a valid list.
>>
File: NoiseMarine0.jpg (198KB, 522x815px) Image search: [Google]
NoiseMarine0.jpg
198KB, 522x815px
>>51255242
AGREED!
>>
RHANA DANDRA TIME LADS
>>
>>51255043
I see, in this case, with the removal of command squads flamers and other stuff i have like 25 or more points left, where i should put them?
>>
>>51255454
Yes Anon, now its legal.
>>
>>51255595
What does your current list look like?
>>
>>51255500
Do you have the castellans detachment? i dont think i saved it
>>
>>51255593

Speaking of which, do DEldar believe in the Eldar mythology? Like, Rhana Dandra, Ynnead etc?
>>
>>51255567
I assumed it was some unbound retarded bullshit
>>
>>51255611
On my PC, not this laptop. Though Cadia is literally in the OP.

Can quickly sum it up though:

2-4 HQ (all generics from all Imperial Factions, Black Templar uniques and all other non-SM uniques allowed)

4+ Troops

0-6 of everything else

Get to re-roll Warlord trait.

Everything gets Hatred. Zealot if you max out your non-troop units (because anyone will ever do that).

Troops respawn identical to how they were originally deployed if you roll a 5+ when they die.
>>
>>51254813
kek
>>
File: commsguymontage.jpg (333KB, 1216x592px) Image search: [Google]
commsguymontage.jpg
333KB, 1216x592px
>>51254602
>>
>>51255633
I needed the restrictions on what you can and can not take. But thank you for that.
>>
>>51255612
The believe in Khaine for certain, so they probably believe in all the other gods. Whether or not they believe in prophecy as much as their craftworld kin is something I have no clue about.
>>
>>51255642
Only things not available are things from the custom Space Marine codices, from Forgeworld or the Space Marine characters that aren't from the Black Templars, IIRC.
>>
>>51253401
i have question

if i have a world eater butcher horde with a chaos warband as core and then lost and the damned as auxiliary, do they both get the 2d6 move at the start?

or just the warband? i assume both do?
>>
>>51255649
to be fair, they've probably seen the avatar of khaine in action on raids on craftworlds if they're going badly for the craftworld. they know they're gonna get sacrificed to slaanesh if they go down to the DE, so they would probably use the avatar, and the avatar of khaine is a literal, physical manifestation of a god that they can perceive. so while they do see that the gods exist, they probably don't care much for them.
>>
>>51255567
Is it not valid?
>>
File: IMG_1368.jpg (157KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1368.jpg
157KB, 720x960px
>>51255642
There you go.

Please remember you can only take shit in the list. So no terminator or bikes in Troops.
>>
File: 7f9815f5dd3e6150d23a90e9130fa848.jpg (141KB, 765x1023px) Image search: [Google]
7f9815f5dd3e6150d23a90e9130fa848.jpg
141KB, 765x1023px
>>51254689
anyone knows if the tempestus are selling good?
>>
>>51255606
its basically the IG version of the frankestein monster.
>Regular IG providing two platoons, a hellhound with multi-melta and a wyvern
>Death korps of krieg assault regiments providing breaching drill engineers with melta, objsec grenadiers with flamer and a quartermaster cadre for the mondatory hq,
>armored battlegroup for two company tanks (bs4 special ammo and lovely tank orders) and two objsec leman russ
>astropath from the psykana for the reserve reroll
>Valkyrie and officer of the fleet for grenadiers transportation, as few tournament fags told me that if i join the officer to a squad this squad can logically start inside the transport

if you want i can post the full list with all the details
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2500pts (1).jpg (445KB, 900x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2500pts (1).jpg
445KB, 900x2271px
>>51255500
Here you go
>>
>>51255700
I don't know but I'd guess not good enough since they forced them into the Wrathful Crusade formation for pretty much no reason.
>>
>>51255728
Yes.

Yes, this is the annoying shit I like.

Just need a way to take care of any template weapons to make sure those Conscripts nevever ever get removed in time.
>>
>>51255716
If its easy to post then yeah. I don't want you to spend a lot of time just so I can tell you where it would be good to have a measly 25pts.
>>
>>51255640
>Tau aerial
ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH NO FUCK YOU
>>
Anyone based in London here? Where do you play?
>>
>>51255700
Militarum Tempestus are slick as fuck, but it bothers me that they are shit unless you spam min number squads. I hate armies that do that.
>>
>>51255728
So this is basically "tarpit the enemy and take the objectives": the army
>>
>>51255770
At least they're a good "fuck you" to most Marine lists, being AP 3 and all that.

Saw several times that a 5-man Scion squad killed 10 Marines without losses.
>>
>>51255675
>competetive
Illegal cus no aux. Anon
Get a Chaos spawn.

Also flying daemon prince with 4xdrugs is almost unkillable (if you roll +2t and +2bs like me)
>>
>>51255789
Awh, Im scrub, Ill delete it.
>>
>>51255242
Things shall get loud soon
about to drop the bass at a local game
>>
>>51255494
this looks like a gotesy
>>
>>51255788
Wonder if I can get them a DT Vendetta or Valk in the troop choice

Something about a 5+ respawning flayer sounds nice
>>
Hello /wh40kg/,

I'm a complete newbie to the hobby and had a few questions. I'm starting off building a Renegades & Heretics army (I know, probably not the best to start off with but modeling and painting are the parts of the hobby that interest me more so than the gameplay itself, though I'm going to be engaging in plenty of both) and I was wondering how you prime your vehicles? I have a chimera waiting to be assembled and was wondering if I should prime it on the sprue or assemble it and then prime it? Additionally, how might I go about making my guard vehicles look more chaosy now that the chaos vehicle accessory sprues are off of the GW webstore? I don't have any other sources for spiky bits outside of buying a new vehicle which is too expensive.
>>
>>51255675
>5 blastmasters with spitfire would immediately end any threat from heavy weapon teams, especially from the safety of metal boxes

fair, can you fire the st5/ap4 mode on the move?

as for the more competative list, melta guns on normal marines, with no rhino, isnt the best. i go for the single plasma gun, and drop the power weapon, then you can use them to hold back feild objective.
>>
>>51255847
I mean, if they can take a Dedicaed Transport that flies, then yeah, that should work.
>>
>>51255742
would you be willing to play this/against this?
>>
>>51255878
With a Salamanders list loaded to the brim with flamers, possibly.

Would actually make for a pretty fun match-up.
>>
>>51255895
the goal becomes can you kill 300 obsec GEQ that respawn on 5+ before the end of the game
>>
>>51255742
Maybe my MSU SoB could work. The sheer amount of flamers, meltas and ranged not! Meltas should be enough.

God I love T3 Imperium armies.
>>
>>51255751
its ok m8, im using battlescribe anyway so:

++ Imperial Navy Section (Aeronautica Imperialis v2001) (155pts) ++

+ HQ (20pts) +
Officer of the Fleet (20pts)
+ Fast Attack (135pts) +
Valkyrie (135pts)
[2x Multiple Rocket Pods, Multi-laser]

++ Combined Arms Detachment armored battlegroup++

+ HQ (430pts) +
Company Command Tank Vanquisher (245pts)[Artificer Hull, Beast Hunter Shells, Camo Netting, Improved Comms, Lascannon]

Company Command battle Tank (185pts)
[Camo Netting, Heavy Bolter, Infernus Shells]

+ Troops (320pts) +
Battle Tank (150pts)

Exterminator (170pts)
[2x Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter]

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Astra Militaru ++

+ HQ (70pts) +
Company Command Squad (70pts) [ Veteran w/ Heavy Flamer]

+ Troops (264pts) +

Infantry Platoon (132pts)
Infantry Squad
Sergeant [Bolter, Close Combat Weapon]

Infantry Squad

Platoon Command Squad

Infantry Squad

Infantry Squad

Platoon Command Squad

+ Fast Attack (135pts) +
Hellhound Squadron (135pts)
[Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (65pts) +

Wyvern Battery (65pts)
[Heavy Flamer]

++ Allied Detachment- Death Korps of Krieg Assault Brigade++

+ HQ (75pts) +

Death Korps Quartermaster Cadre (75pts) [2x Medicae Servitor]

+ Elites (160pts) +

Death Korps Combat Engineer Squad (160pts) [Engineer with Meltagun, Hades Breaching Drill]

+ Troops (125pts) +

Death Korps Grenadier Storm Squad (125pts) [Grenadier with Flamer]

++ Psykana Division (Adeptus Astra Telepathica v2001) (25pts) ++

+ HQ (25pts) +

········Astropath (25pts) [CCW, Mastery Level 1]
>>
>>51255895
Bring sister flamer spam. Have a (combi/heavy) flamer on literally every model you field
>>
>>51255919
forgot to say that i have 26 points to use
>>
>>51255878
>play this
YES
>Paint that many conscripts
NO
>>
>>51255913
>>51255914
>>51255923
Fuck, I'd love to play a scenario like that now.

A platoon of SoB clearing a supposedly heretical world lead by an Inquisitor sounds like a fun thing. Have to clear the city before they lose control at the end of the game or something and need to resort to Exterminatus.
>>
>>51255878
Play against it with a tsons warpflamer rubricae army. create immortal holy soldiers of the imperial guard, blessed by the emperor and tzeentch. win 40k.
>>
Is there major differences between Imperial armour 1 and the second edition of it?
>>
>>51255923
But anon you still have 2 Bolters.

Unless you use Dominion Squads with Flamers

BSS Combi-Flamer, Flamer, Heavy Flamer and 2x Bolter
DS Combi-Flamer and 4xflamers

But then again Dominion with flamers feels so wrong
>>
>>51255849
Anyone?
>>
>>51255849
assemble then prime. as for how to make guard things more chaosy, add spikes.
>>
>>51255983
Where would I go about getting chaosy spikes?
>>
>>51255977
You can buy the renegade models from Forge World and the etched brass. You can also use greenstuff depending on the chaos faction you are going for.
>>
>>51255977
>>51255849
A huge vehicle can be primed and painted on the sprue if you're a complete loonie.
It's easier to to build it then prime.

Check ebay/bits sellers for chaos vehicle stuff.
>>
>>51255991
greenstuff, forgeworld upgrade kits, or if you were skilled enough use the edges of the sprues to carve out some spikes, they're not a difficult shape.
>>
>>51254973
There is no planet called cadia
>>
>>51256022
there is. it's just very small now. and there's several of them.
>>
>>51256022
Guardsmen are fueled by Chaos now. Thanks FoC for that retarded scene
>>
>>51255999
I have the Renegade Command Squad and a squad of Renegade Militia from FW built and primed. As for the brass stuff, how bendable is it? I was thinking about buying the sprue but I wanted to try applying some of those brass bits to angles and curved spots on my vehicles.
>>51256006
Thanks, I'll check out ebay.
>>51256014
Thanks.
>>
>>51256038
eh?
>>
File: Armorer EC 1850.jpg (291KB, 900x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Armorer EC 1850.jpg
291KB, 900x1130px
>>51255789
How about this?

>>51255852
You can fire Str5 AP4 ignores cover on the move, but most games first turn they're all stationary- so 5 Str 8 Ap3 pinning ignores cover small blasts, that can all fire on different targets.

5 men units aren't going to hold objectives, I mostly just took those units because I had to, i always favor melta over plasma though. Doesnt matter in the end, list wasn't legal. In theory though, I favor the 5 man melta/power weapon squad over 5 man plasmagun powerweaponless squad.

If I had the points Id make them both 10 man units and give them a banner of excess and extra meltaguns, though. Oh, and probably stick them in a rhino.
>>
>>51255788
thats pretty unlikely
>5 man= 10 shot at 9"
>2/3 hit, 1/3 wound, (2/9 total)
>5+ cover like 90% of the time
thats not going to happen m8
>>
>>51255728
What does corteaz do for your respawning?
>>
>>51256129
Your prince is going to die like a bitch.
With no save out side of a 4++ jink, and a 5++ invun, he is going to be in some trouble.

you also might want to give him the drug relic. that or the deamon weapon: either boost his def or his off

your warpsmith also needs the mark of slanesh to be legal
>>
>>51253401
how many power fists or chainfists are there in a box of chaos terminators?
>>
>>51256161
IA Coteaz gives everyone Objective Secure. Basically everything but your vehicle can capture shit
>>
>>51256161
His Special Rule gives ObSec to all infantry in his detachment.
>>
>>51256171
1 chain 3 power
>>
>>51256140
he didnt specifcy over a single turn but still yeah they arnt really supposed to survive after the first turn of shooting, the idea is they drop in, burn some fucker down and then die or survive long enough to flip an objective for a while

the main power from the scions just comes from being able to mass deepstrike double flamers, double meltas and the HQ units

hq takes 4 plasma guns and a plasma pistol, gives themselves preferred enemy on 9 S7 ap2 shots, rerolling gets hot and failed wounds against most stuff is insanely effective

add this into the new formation where your entire army becomes a pseudo hellrain brigade, 7 tauroxes and 7 scion units reappearing next turn on a 5+ if they die should make for some reasonable constant threats

>>51256174
what book/page is this on, the new imperial agents?
>>
>>51255964
Not that much from what I can remember. A few stats here and there and the armoured battlegroup changed a bit.

The first edition has a lot more fluff though.
>>
>>51256186
Yeah, it's his new Imperial Agents ruling.
>>
>>51255919
From what I can see your list is fairly spot on.

You could shove some autocannons into the infantry squads or take a master of ordinance or something.

You don't desperately need anything i can think of.
>>
>>51256193
can he also take servo skulls? right now along side 2 scion command units im taking 2 ordo-xenos for 6 servo skulls and a slightly less shit warlord than a T3 with 4+ who holds a plasma weapon
>>
>>51256186
Do they have scatterless deepstrike, i forget
>>
File: 1481607780994.jpg (13KB, 220x173px) Image search: [Google]
1481607780994.jpg
13KB, 220x173px
>>51255788
Need a 5+ to wound though
And the Marine might be in cover
I wonder if making there hotshots wound on 4s naturally would make them OP as hell
Or if They give them an assault 3 str 3 ap- alternate fire. I would like that
T. Storm Trooper player
>>
>>51256211
its not scatterless but they have move through cover, so any dangerous terrain from landing in buildings is entirely negated

I'm taking servo skulls to reduce the scatter to 1d6" though and to fuck with enemy infiltrators
>>
>>51256208
No, but you can take the old Inquisition codex for some servo-skulls

Yes they make a reference to IA, I and AS codex for this formation.

Enjoy the clusterfuck
>>
>>51256208
Nah, no Servo Skulls. Does have a rule that allows him to immediately shoot anything coming in from reserves withing 12", however. No idea if he had that before, never read his old rules.
>>
>>51256219
the porblem is getting them close enough to rapid fire, without landing ON the op and getting a mishap. sound dangrous. servo skuls should do it though. man thats nasty
>>
>>51256129
Your warpsmith forgot his mos. He doesn't use it very often apparently.
>>
>>51255969
Rets or celestians with heavy flamers and a combi-flamer superior is an option
>>
>>51256234
ah rip, i might have to give up a 9 shot plasma team for him (or i can just bring a 2nd detatchment to move the 2nd xenos inquisitor into)

also fucking hell you wern't kidding, he even gives my command scions obsec aswell, unfortunately the taurox primes dont get it but thats more than enough, thanks anon

>>51256235
> never read his old rules.

yep that was there before

>>51256249
go hard or go home, thats why im switching from tau to scions because when the deepstrike fuckery works its amazing
>>
So what's actually better.

A Skitarii Maniple with a attached Dominus Maniple as their Warlord

A pure Skitarii Maniple.

Or a Skitarii CAD with Cawl as the Warlord.
>>
>>51255849
I would recommend asking this on the WIP thread. But what I do, and what I find most folks do, is assemble first, but not all the way. I'll leave off things that get in the way, and do final assembly after painting. But I usually try to assemble as much as possible first, and I often wind up with three or four couple sections depending on the model.

No ideas on conversion, mate, sorry - maybe look at some of the Warhammer Fantasy stuff? There are loads of bits In Some of those kits that you could use if not cost prohibitive. Again, I'd check WIP. Hope that helps
>>
>>51256124
Well alpha legion cultists are pink horrors in disguise and guardsmen lose their fate if the pylons turn celestines powers down.
>>
>>51256288
Each has their benefits.

Pure Skitarii is good for having a mega-Killy plasma squad with preferred enemy.

With the dominus maniple you get a chance at both a plasma squad and a crab tank rerolling hits, but you have to put the dominus closeby.

Cawl is cool for Obsec Skitarii, which is something that's good and I'm honesty they should (since literally all their fluff leans toward it) have had access to base.
>>
>>51256323
>Well alpha legion cultists are pink horrors in disguise
honestly, i really like how this works with alpha legion. it really FEELS like you have this escalting force, and that there is too many bodies

>TFW your cultists out swarm gaunts, whilst out shooting them
>>
>>51256350
Yeah i only saw it once but it was great. They infiltrated in front of the enemys line, acted as a roadbump against thunderwolves, died and respawned to tarpit some long fangs.

But plague zombies got a buff to with the latest faq they still get the +1 attack from pistol+ccw. They just can't shoot.
>>
>>51256283
Well you can use the old Acolyte squad, atach him to the squad. Since Both IA and I Inquisition shit are the same faction.

Enjoy mix and matching shit at will
>>
>>51256382
oh sure comp wise a bajlion zombies are probs better, but as a AL player, it makes me feel all warm and mushy inside when i get to double team the enemy from both side with what use to be a single squad.

they are that strange and rarely seen creature on tg: Fun
>>
File: Noise_marine_2.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Noise_marine_2.png
1MB, 600x800px
>>51255587
THINGS ARE GOING TO GET LOUD NOW!
>>
>>51256398
Isn't that going to be FAQ'd out of existence?
>>
>>51254016
Links?
>>
>>51255494
New Eldar rune
Broyead confirmed!
Quick everyone go make a Youtube video.
>>
File: Captain_Cortez.jpg (72KB, 295x659px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Cortez.jpg
72KB, 295x659px
>>51256419
NO!
>>
>>51256419
Louder!
LOUDER!
>>
So how exactly did the Imperium stop Mars' fleets if the AdMech had the best technologies available?
>>
>>51256424
Why would it? its claerly RAI, seeing as its the ONLY way to feild cultists in the AL detachment. There is no otherway to get them, so i cna only conclude, its working as intended.

also, it really fits fom the 'cut one head off, and two other rise it its place' thing

AND its only a 25% chance to make 2 from one
>>
If I want to gunboat my Kabalites, I should give them a Shredder and Splinter Cannon, and the Raider a Dark Lance, right?
>>
>>51256473
The Emperor.
>>
>>51256477
Because on Facebook it was confirmed as not rules as intended by the design team and pending FAQ
>>
why is everonye interested in admech these days
>>
File: closer.jpg (45KB, 275x379px) Image search: [Google]
closer.jpg
45KB, 275x379px
>>51256464
NO!
>>
>>51256492
robots are cool
>>
>>51256492
Have your (you) and move along
>>
>>51253865
take war walkers and those dudes that use jump packs. then you wont be scum because you and the other player will actually have a fun game
>>
File: Walking Cathedral - 1850pts.jpg (308KB, 900x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Walking Cathedral - 1850pts.jpg
308KB, 900x1169px
Armies you plan to build, damn the competitiveness!

This one is my personal favorite: Warlord Psyker Defiler (which is henceforth called Crabthedral), and supporting elements. Respawning bubblewrap, summoners to add pressure/pop Cursed Earth, Fiends for popping Shields, and a Herald to pop Divination on a Fiend each turn.
>>
>>51256491
Actually other way around. It was confirmed that indeed, two 4+ rolls will happen due both the DoF and Formations rules proccing.
>>
so bequin in the eisenhorn omnibus saga is an untouchable. most people dont seem to like her aura. however, it is not as horrible as stated in the general fluff for untouchables. why is that?
>>
>>51256491
Why FAQ when you can just forge a narrative!

After all you just play with friends and not random people!
>>
>>51256492
interesting fluff and place in the Imperium, don't have retarded armour design like mehreens and walkers are fun vehicles.
>>
>>51256388
yeah that was what i was going to go for, but in the end i just dropped 1 taurox for him and swapped some weapons about
>>
>>51256543
Because Untouchables are lesser versions of Blanks. Like psykers, Pariahs also have lesser or greater degrees of power.
>>
File: GOTTA RAID FAST.jpg (137KB, 900x785px) Image search: [Google]
GOTTA RAID FAST.jpg
137KB, 900x785px
>>51256535

Pray for me, anons. I'm actually going to run a 10-man Hellion unit.
>>
File: break-down-the-silence.jpg (100KB, 420x900px) Image search: [Google]
break-down-the-silence.jpg
100KB, 420x900px
>>51255242
>>51255587
>>51256419
>>51256436
>>51256464
>>51256499
>>
File: tumblr_mjp0hgDg2R1r7j23ko1_500.gif (103KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjp0hgDg2R1r7j23ko1_500.gif
103KB, 500x375px
>>51254602
New Cadians you say?
>>
File: Clooooser.jpg (8KB, 151x86px) Image search: [Google]
Clooooser.jpg
8KB, 151x86px
>>51256662
FETCH MY FIGHTING PONCHO!
>>
How to fix Terminators:

Terminator armor now gives +1 Wound and its armor save is increased to 1+ (a roll of 1 is still a fail).
>>
>>51256543
powerlevels. in the ciaphas cain books, jurgen is a blank, which is more powerful than an untouchable, and that is stated as causing a revulsion for a reason you can't place. when you get more powerful, you get worse effects, down to the black pariah, which kills anyone with a psychic signature in the vicinity, no matter how small it is.
>>
Are ork warbikers worth it?
>>
>>51256696

So make it immune to it's hard counter, and vastly nerf taking them down with massed fire?

Fuck off.
>>
>>51256491
gunna need a screen shot of that friendo
>>
>>51256696
>and its armor save is increased to 1+ (a roll of 1 is still a fail).
Dumbest thing I've read today. Congratz.
>>
>>51256724
Better than paying 35 point for a pile of shit
>>
File: Afghan technology.png (170KB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
Afghan technology.png
170KB, 400x231px
>>51256674
Nope just new tallarn desert raiders
>>
>>51256696
we don't need to fix terminators, they're alright already
>>
>>51256737

How come 90% of retarded unit change ideas come from Imperial players?
>>
>>51256737
>2+ armor save
>Pile of shit
>>
File: mall ninja specimen 24.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mall ninja specimen 24.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>51254602
oh good I always wanted to play an imperial guard regiment solely comprised of mall ninjas.
>>
>>51256735
Not him, but it sounds just like a 1+ save in WHFB: smae chane of stopping a wound as a 2+, but harder to take away (as only AP 1 stops it, not AP 2)
>>
>>51256705
But can't Psykers overwhelm a Blank?
Thought I read a fluff blurb of a Culexus Assassin dying from overstraining his "blankness" against a strong psyker

>Can blanks commit ritual suicide to form a gestalt, an Anti-Emperor if you will?
>>
>>51256740
Yeah, it's not that they're bad and need a buff it's that good formations don't need them.
If they had the ability to carry grav weapons people would probably take them more but they don't so no one cares too much.
35 points is fine for a marine with +2 armour and a power fist
>>
>>51256751
Yes, obviously?
>>
>>51256749
>thinking the enemy wont have droves of ap2 or melta to hand
>>
>>51256765
What's wrong with that? It's anti armor you fucknut.... For taking out armor.
>>
>>51256724
1+ armour would still fail on a roll of 1 and it's make AP1 weapons have a use other than extra help in taking out vehicles.

You could, at the same time, remove the Inv. save from them.
>>
>>51256749
>AP2 is rare
>>
>>51256764
Well that's not dumb.
It gives an actual reason to take termie armor over artificer armor, and makes things like deathwing slightly more viable in anything but casual play
>>
>>51256774
why pay a premium for armor that will get ignored in the match anyway

if said armor also had access to better weapons, then thats different
>>
>>51256753
Nah, they're null entities, trying to kill a blank with psychic powers is like trying to punch a hologram. it doesn't work.

>Gestalt, Anti-emperor
An Empress?
>>
>>51256749
>implying ap 2 isn't common as fuck.
>>
>>51256777
If people didn't stop jerking off their codicies with rending and ap2, and didn't have a tonne of ways to bypass av values, then almost every unit in the sm codex would be perfectly balanced.

Its not the units faults, its the metas.
That isn't even coming from an imperium player
>>
>>51256787
because not everything is ap2, which is the time when it's useful.
>>
>>51256805
1+ armor save wouldn't chance a thing against non AP2 weapons
>>
>>51256777

Except the hard counter to terminators has always been plasma weaponry.

What AP is plasma?

Now leave.
>>
>>51256787
Holy shit you fucking cry baby. It's armor. If it's not worth it to you, don't buy it.

>>51256805
This.
>>
>>51256805
relying on your opponant using the wrong tools for the job is a bit far fetched anon

if you are buying the armor for formation bonuses, or weapons that it can carry, then cool i have no objection, but spending 35 points for a T4 model with 2+, just because its 2+ is a little wasteful

>>51256819
how does a logical thought make me a cry baby? im not whining at anything im explaining why its just wasted points if you buy it soley for the 2+ armor
>>
>>51256817
>Take suit for plasma generator's maintenance and convert it for military usage
>Plasma weaponry is its hard counter
>>
>>51256817
>hard counter to terminators has always been plasma weaponry.

I'm sure RT and 2e would think different.

Besides, things change.
>>
>>51256833
You want them to remove a counter to something. That makes you a cry baby, dude.
>>
>>51256835
>take armor that was designed to withstand non-military system

>be surprised that the enemy make that system military and make it stronger

>>51256845
where did i say i wanted to remove a counter to something? im not the person you think i am anon
>>
>>51256424
Sure the "No fun allowed"-FAQ will fix a lot of problems concerning neckbeards playing games and having fun instead of buying plastic and being sad 24/7
>>
>>51256845

Especially a counter to something that's still alright anyway. 2+ still means it can weather a pretty damn good amount of small arms fire. But waaah why aren't my marines the best at everything.
>>
>>51256845
Nobody said anything about removing anything. Plasma is still a counter to 2+ armour and gets the +1 on the damage chart.
>>
>>51256805
You do realize how retarded what you just said is, right?
By that logic orks are in a fine position, because while most everything may be able to anhilate them, the opponent might not bring a decent list and thus give the ork player a fair chance
Or hell, a tau player might field only drones, so this means that any problems caused by stuff like the riptide is fine, because the a casual list will be fine when the opponent doesn't bring OP things.
gaunts are fine, as long as the opponent doesn't bring a good list that's when gaunts are useful.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>51256797
Where the fuck are people getting this notion that literally every unit is ap2.
Every troop choice outside of eldar has access to 1 or 2 ap2 weapons, which nullifies the rest of the squads weapons, and troop choices are meant to be the jack of trade dudes.
In fact most units don't have ap2, but you guys only see the netlist fags and see constant rending on units.

Actually play some games with terminators and you'll find that they play as expected from a 35point unit, they are decent to good at range and good in combat as long as you don't have shitty enemy targets set for them.

Okay maybe grav weapons are way too prominent, but generally speaking these can be avoided by deepstriking them in as they will come in after you have time to deal with those units.

Seriously guys, if all you see in lists is waac, maybe you should stop trying to have
> muh optimised fluff lists
or maybe you should just play what you want and not care about how viable they are in the meta that generally changes from lgs to lgs.

If I call this bait does that mean that I auto win the argument?
It's not b8
>>
>>51256860
>termie armor is fine
>the plethora of AP2 only affects loyalist scum
You're wrong.

t. CSM player
>>
>>51256877
>termie armor is fine
>the plethora of AP2 only affects loyalist scum
You're wrong, I don't have ap2.

t. Ork player
>>
>>51256870
>Where the fuck are people getting this notion that literally every unit is ap2.

you are confusing what people mean

the point people are making is that people will have ap2 in thier armies and they will just dedicate that to the 2+ armor units, because thats how being smart works
>>
>>51256866
by that logic, every model without an invuln save is bad, because your opponent might kill it.
>>
>There are armies who lose their armour save against basic S4AP5 shooting and get wounded on 3+ by it
>Marine players want their 2+ units to be even more durable
>>
>>51256705
Any fluff on the black pariah?
>>
>>51256881
No, I get the feeling that some people actually believe that termies are weak to every unit.

I love the argument that spamming small arms fire kills termies as if they're meant to be invincible and still be balanced
>>
>>51256833
Not saying they're always a smart choice to take, but you're also paying for a powerfist. If you took PFs on a VV squad, you would rack up points too. The difference is that VVs have better options to do their job with. Terminators with guns just aren't shooty enough, and their guns cost a bit of a heap for non vehicles and nontwinlinking.

It also hurts that AP2 and AP1 is everywhere, and that makes vehicles and high armor alike not that useful, unless you have some surgical tool to remove it all and reduce risk.
>>
>>51256880
Deff cannons and Kustom mega-weapons
:^)
>>
>>51256888
>oh noes, one of my 3pts. dudes died
>>
>>51256886
this logic is reasonable for expensive units, take the stormsurge for example where its almost a requirement to buy the shield gen
>>
>>51256881
SoB here. What is AP2?

AP- AP5 AP4 and AP1

Anyway this discussion is stupid. We can just forge the narrative and ignore the AP. Like GW did on their stream
>>
>>51256901
a very small amount, it's the most powerful blank in the universe, it kills everything around it passively in a black hole, and when one is born is generally dies of starvation as a baby because it killed its parents and anyone who tries to pick it up. One of them was made, I think and sent to kill Horus, but then was corrupted and something happened.
>>
The real irony here is that tournament-winning lists don't even take plasma. All their AP2 comes from elsewhere.
>>
>>51256910
> kustom mega guns
>1:2 chance of killing yourself vs killing the enemy.
> Deff kannon
> Taking a stompa
no thanks.

I know this is bait I'm just a cunt
>>
>>51256915
more like 23 points for a 4+ save

t. scion player
>>
>>51256932
> t. special snowflake
t. harlequin player
>>
>>51256932
AP5 doesn't negate 4+ armour.
>>
>>51256217
4's would break them vs MEQ
18" Assault 2 S3 AP3 would at least give MEQs a chance to break Stormtrooper faces in CC
>>
>>51256937
I actually dont really care about my guys dying, 80% of my army automatically respawns on a 5+ anyway so fuck buying armor for them even if i could

>>51256946
>ap4 is rare
>>
>>51256866
Gaunts are only fine if your opponent doesn't being a list since they die to a stiff breeze.
>>
>>51256886
>every model without an invuln save is bad, because your opponent might kill it.
Except that's not by the same logic at all.
There is a fuckton of AP2 right now, and this makes things like termies rather weak units. Not horrible, but not great.

Invul saves currently have few things that ignore them, making invul saves fine.
A better comparison would be something else that has a ton of things that counter it:
Like saying vehicles are shit because of how much anti-armor is in the game
>>
>>51256932
14 for no save? In a T3 melee model with no easy way to actually get to Melee?
>>
>>51256960
Like how rhinos are """"""bad"""""" because autocannons exist in almost every army specifically to fuck their shit up.
>>
>>51256960

>There is a fuckton of AP2 right now

How many armies have a basic troop weapon that negates a 2+ save?

Now how many have a basic troop weapon that negates a 5+ save?
>>
File: 1484569266809.png (22KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484569266809.png
22KB, 250x200px
>>51255494
>>
If I have a unit that has Feel No Pain, and there's someone else that grants Feel No Pain, how do I resolve it? Do I roll again if I fail the first one?
>>
>>51253401
am i just lazy or is it a pain to play horde armies?

i played a game where i had 80models on 1500pts and it was tiring as fuck moving all those little dudes every turn.
>>
>>51256981
Autocannons are great.
>>
>>51256981
More like how land raiders are bad because you pay a fuck ton of points for something that will maybe survive one or two turns against anything but the worst armies in the game
>>
>>51256990
>How many armies have a basic troop weapon that negates a 2+ save?

if your argument has to rely on banning people buying options, you probably shouldn't make the argument
>>
>>51256996
You only get one. Pick the better one
>>
File: 1484483489849.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1484483489849.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>51256990
> orks
> ap6
Not a melee race
Not a shooting race
Not fast so they can't run a race
Barely count as a 40k race
>>
>>51256990

Mind you, cover saves are very easy to get so 5+ saves are often pointless in comparison to the 5+ cover save.
>>
>>51256958
>doesn't read what's being written, but has to join in
>>
>>51257010
What if one of the characters is independent and given Feel No Pain by a piece of equipment?
>>
>>51257009

Their argument hinges on there being "loads" of AP2. I was demonstrating there isn't "loads".
>>
What do you people think of Admech? I quit 40k around the time they were released, so I never heard of them in-game.
>>
>>51257021
>doesn't realise that he admitted to shitposting in the first post
>>
>>51257030
you cant improve the save like that unless it says you can.
>>
SM and Eldar are the only major problems with 2+, because grav completely shits on it and Eldar gets AP2 everywhere for free. If it was just plasma killing terminators they wouldn't be nearly as shit.

>>51256981
Rhinos have a good chance of protecting their cargo from stray shots and driving it halfway where it needs to go by the time they get popped. Most terminators that die have achieved nothing.
>>
>>51257030
Stacking feel no pain is generally specifically stated as stacking.
>>
>>51257030
What?
>>
>>51256990
Lets make cover saves universally equal to the armour save of the model receiving it. There, problem solves.
>>
>>51257042
>twas merely an act
>>
>>51256981
The issue that I have with Rhinos is that they only really work when you spam them, which makes it really awkward for them to be the default transport for elite armies like Marines.
>>
>>51257030
No you can't exept when it says so. So normally only for Iron Hands and their childhood friends the Emperors Children.
>>
>>51256990
>How many armies have a basic troop weapon that negates a 2+ save?
How many armies can buy AP2 for a basic troop choice for less than 20 points?
>>
All who are whining about terminators are 2+, and every unit in the game is ap2. They have fucking 5++ for some reason, they can take ap2 and ap1 hits.
>>
>>51257030
>>51256996

Do you by any chance play Orks?

Ork FNP doesn't stack because: Fuck you
~Love, Games workshop.
>>
>>51257088
How many troop choices will that fuck up all their other weapon synergy with?
>>
>>51256738
Goddamn, I really need that as a model now
>>
>>51257088
Nearly all of them.
>>
>>51257090
5++ isnt enough.

thats why storms shield termos are the only good termos.
>>
>>51257090
Did you ever throw frag grenades on guardsmen?
>>
>>51257088

SOB can get AP1 meltaguns for...15 iirc.
>>
>>51257055
So my gaunts get a 6+ in and out of cover... great
>>
Just finished reading Fall of Cadia. Is it wrong to be excited?
>>
>>51257098
Very few, and irrelevant either way.
"""Fucking up their synergy"""" doesn't negate the fact that practically everyone can put AP2 onto their basic troops.
>>
>>51257090
>5++ save on a 35pts. model
>worth a damn
>>
>>51257112
10 points for one 12" AP1 shot at BS 4.
There's cheaper troops that can have rapid fire plasma at BS 4 at twice the range, and then there's grav guns that are in the middle range-wise but salvo 2/3.

Of course let's not talk about grav cannons. Yes they're costly, but they can also take a 2+ armour unit out from halfway across the board with just one model.
>>
>>51257112
Should be 10 normally.
>>
For fucks sakes every troop choice can get av, yes, just as most of them can get anti infantry, because they are meant to be the jack of all trades core of an army.

Why the fuck aren't you guys complaining that sm flamers kill metric fucktons of guardsmen above their point cost?
Oh thats right because its sm players jerking eachother off over how "muh objectively better space marines aren't specialised enough to kill everything".
>>
>>51257118
Better than getting no armour save from all those AP6 weapons, no?
>>
>>51257105

>5++ isnt enough.

Every Eldar, Ork, Dark Eldar, Tyranid, Guard and AdMech player is now laughing at you.

Fucking spoiled marines, I swear to god.

>5++ isn't enough!
>Literally armies whose armour save is 5+
>>
>>51257033
monofiliment, rending orders, most large blasts, MCs, grav, melta, plasma, lance, a commonish amount of power melee weapons

its not exactly uncommon
>>
>>51257133
Ork player here, what does ++ mean?
>>
>>51257055
>literally hiding behind your armor

well it makes sense
>>
>6 hours into converting Genestealer Cult epub into PDF
>find the codex PDF in my files
>could have used all this time to convert the Imperial Agents codex

Well fuck my life.
>>
>>51257153
How much are you paying for that 5+?

You get 5+ on conscripts and they're THREE fuckin' points a piece.
>>
>>51257169
When you put it like that...
I kek'd
>>
>>51257147
what the hell are you talking about. Unless i mistook what you said you want to make it where my cover save is equal to my armor. Which is just a huge pain in the ass
>>
>>51257177
I can't hear you over the sound of them not being able to take meltas or hit things more than 50% of the time
>>
>>51257177

There are Eldar units who pay upward of 10pts for it.
>>
>>51257167
>wot iz kustom force field?
>>
>>51257153
>5++ on 35 point models is in anyway comparable to 5++ on 3 point models, except that both have the statically same chance of negating a wound
>>
>>51257195
If you bought conscripts to hit things with you did something wrong.
>>
>>51257191
you would get 6+ cover at minimum, that wouldnt override the better 4+ from ruins, for example
>>
>>51257153
Except a guardsman is 4 points. And most Eldar troops that get anywhere around the cost of a terminator has either better survivability, better and stronger shooting or a combination of both, or is just a lot cheaper and can still rape armour.

5++ is a very baseline defense for a model that costs about 40 points and doesn't do shit outside of a melee, and even then only at I1 so say hello to MCs eating your face in handfuls.

Terminators also have that problem where they move 6" and don't have guns worth shit except for combi-weapons, which are only good for termicide and only if you're lucky with deep striking, but why do that when you can do the same with Sternguard on drop pods and pretty much eliminate the problem of scatter and deep strike mishaps?

Terminators have been left almost untouched since the Rogue Trader era, but their point cost and outfit options haven't adapted to the changes in meta.

Cry all you want, but don't be surprised when you're called a retard for not understanding this.
>>
>>51257167
Invulnerable save. You can get a 5++ against shooting from a Big Mek Kustom Force Field and Kaptin Badrukk has a 5++ as well.
>>
>>51257153
You could get almost 6 ork boys vs 1 terminator
I haven't done the math but I think orks have an higher chance to win here
>>
>>51257153
There isn't a single unit in the Skitarii or Ad Mech codexes with a 5+.
>>
>>51257200
> implying you would take a mek over a painboy
Counter argument: vehicles
> Implying that AV10 won't explode because it might be able to deflect a bolter shot
>>
File: fluu.jpg (116KB, 614x960px) Image search: [Google]
fluu.jpg
116KB, 614x960px
>>
>>51256715
They are one of the few Ork units that are actually worth it. But as many as you can afford, then suck dicks for money to buy even more.
>>
>>51257220
When they get the charge they will win. But if they can't kill him in the first turn, they will run away.
>>
>>51257220
alright lets say no charges
6*3(1/2*1/3*1/6) = 0.5 wounds from orks
2(1/2*5/6) = 0.8333
yeah get fucked
>>
>>51257259
>0.5 wounds from orks
that's 50% of the unit
>0.833 wounds to orks
that's 14% of the unit
>>
>>51257153
>grav is not a thing: the post!
>>
>>51257306
Yes it is?

It's what YOU use in fact.
>>
>>51257338
I wish I had grav... instead Grav Marines wreck my Terminators...

>I wish I had grav
That's a lie, I wish grav wasn't so flipping broken
>>
Does anyone have the dimensions for blast templates and such? gonna make my own.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 396x396px
>>51257306
>grav
>>
>>51257300
> implying they won't run away or kill themselves more.
>>
>>51257360
Grav literally ruined the game.

>>51257365
3" the small one, 5" the large one.
>>
>>51257338
>everyone who has terminator armor has grav
>>
>>51257379
radius or diameter and what about flamer?

thanks
>>
>>51257338
>tfw chaos
>tfw no land raider redeemers
>>
>>51257379
>Grav literally ruined the game.
Yup, my only consolidation is my other army is Daemons.
So before I take my models out I look at their list. And if they Grav'd out to cheese my Terminators and I brought Daemons, I get to watch them squirm as their special snowflake guns get to wound on a 6.
>>
>>51257413
Diameter.
The flamer is about 8" long? Could be 9, but I'm certain that the tip has a 3" diameter as well. As a matter of fact, you can use the circle on the tip as a small blast template if you don't have one handy.
>>
>>51257421
Why should we reedem? Death to the false emperor
>>
>>51257421
>chaos
>wants redeemers
>REDEEMer

Go bug your AdMech to make a Landraider Hellrider with Baleflamer sponsons
>>
>>51257437
>The flamer is about 8" long? Could be 9

There's a few mm difference between the clear and the green flame templates.
>>
So forgefiends...autocannons or plasma? And if plasma, 2 or 3?
>>
>>51257459
>Chaos gets a redeemer with Torrent sponsons
Loyalist shitposting would crash the board.
>>
>>51257474
>CSM accusing anyone else of shitposting
>>
>>51257385
>>51257421
Oh right, people use the chaos codex.

Most people around here just use chaos models as codex:space marine "renegades" lol
>>
>>51257474
>Chaos gets unique Land Raider with Chaos specific weaponry as a reward for falling to Chaos

The Loyalists should of thought before going on "muh loyality is its own reward"
>>
Guys, a shit ton of ork boyz, or warbikers?
I've got a shit ton of buggies and deffkoptas so I'm learning twords da boyz, but i'm fine with warbikers too.
(Also, Since i'm poor as shit i've been converting matchbox cars and using chromlech bits for my ork bikers)
>>
>>51257497
>Oh right, people use the chaos codex.
And SW.
And GK.
And techincally the inquistion.
>>
>>51257514
I'm now imagining ork bikers surfing on matchbox cars
>>
>>51257489
In terms of the ratio of legitimate grievances to shitposting, Loyalistfags are rivaled only by Taufags.
>>
>>51257511
>loyality is its own reward

It seem to be, seeing that loyalists are getting all the 30k stuff while CSM can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>51257522
They're not the right size, sadly.
I use matchbox and hotwheel motorcycles and ATVs.
>>
>>51257523
Not even close to true.
We still see CSM shitposting, even though they are a solidly midtier army.
And even back when they were low tier, there shitposting far exceeded the other low tier armies, most of whom have more legitimate things to bitch about
>>
>>51257464

>Do I want AP or not?

Well, it's up to you, but it's pretty cut and dry.
>>
>>51257562
A minority of the legions are solidly mid-tier. Many are still bottom tier.
>>
when someone gets corrupted by chaos do they just blindly turn against everyone non-chaos or do they remain partly "human"?
>>
File: Ork sadboy.jpg (37KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
Ork sadboy.jpg
37KB, 300x246px
Oi'm just hoping the orks get some love when 8e rolls around.
>>
>>51257576
And most loyalist units are solidly mid tier, held up by amazing formations, grav and some amazing units.
Every codex except eldar has units that are shit, doesn't mean that a codex isn't capable of fielding a good army.
>>
That actually brings up an amusing question:

What would Marine armies look like if they lost Grav and Gladius. They would go back to 5e "Bikes and more Bikes" armies all over again, because there would be no reason to ever field Tacticals again.
>>
>>51257586
Depends on what you mean. What part of Chaos corrupted them. Who they were. The extent of the corruption. Aka depends entirely on the narrative being forged

>Slaanesh corrupts human. Human craves new experiences. Starts to crave meeting new unique xenos
>Slaanesh corrupts human. Human starts to get obsessed with human perfection. Starts to murder off anyone not in his definition of a perfect human
>>
>>51257592
Sure you will get plenty of love you get to be the first codex of the new edition again :^)
>>
>>51257616
Some mixture of Bikes and supplemental Drop Pod units.
>>
>>51253401
So ive got 300 bucks saved up and have been wanting to get into wh40k tg any idea what army would be best (aside from eldar)
>>
>>51257616
>What would Marine armies look like if they lost Grav and Gladius.
Mid tier, lots of bikes like you said, maybe the occasional sternpod list. The only chapter tactics ever used are white scars.

Despite this, they remain the number one seller, because that's around the place marines have been for most of the games history
>>
>>51257646
what chu lookin for in a army senpai?
>>
>>51257646
>army would be best
Best is relative.
Pick the army you like.
Check the metas / environments of what you'd be playing in
>If it's casual then no army will be bad
>If it's competitive, then you might need to balance between an army you like and effective armies
>>
Okay, what's the quickest way to convert the heels off of Inquisitor Greyfax? Can't stand looking at them.
>>
>>51257728
Clippers?
>>
>>51257646
I've got dark eldar i'm trying to hock.
300$ of models and a codex, i'll let you buy it for 125 plus shipping.
>>
>>51257646
really depends on your liking as there is no "best" army. usually people pick armies because they like their design and fluff (and stick with them).

most accessible armies are space marines (also easiest to paint) and imperial guard. look into the start collecting! boxes, they usually have a nice discount.

you need a codex and a rule book. the codex of your army lists all the special rules and data facts for your units. a quick reference sheet is always enough. the codex contains a lot of fluff and pictures.

as for painting: buy a priming spray and thin your paints (no seriously do that its not just a meme). you do not need to purchase citadel paints, vallejo is good as well. watch duncan on warhammer tv.
>>
>>51257756

Ha.

Would leave her on tip toes.
>>
>>51257773
Give her cat ears and a tail.
>>
>>51257794
t. Corvus Belli designer
>>
>>51257685
Im not really sure ive been liking the lore a lot and I for the most part have been really enjoying most of the army types however something easy for a noob would be nice
>>51257687 I dont really know what you mean by metas environment but since im just getting started an easier to play army to get acclimated to the gameplay might be better
>>51257759
Eldar types so far are the only ones ive really not been interested in despite being told they are incredibly powerful I just havent liked what ive seen of the units so far.
>>51257768
I didnt mean best army for power wise I just meant an easily accessible army to one who isnt very familiar with the game itself just the lore really. However I would love any tips and tricks for painting and would love anyones opinions on the subject since im especially looking forward to painting units.

Also thanks for helping everyone so as far as armies going I dont actually know that much about many of the space marine chapters since their are so many of them but armies I have read about and been liking a lot include Orks, Skiitari, Tyranids, Tau, Necrons, Nurgle and Space Marines (the few I know) and Noise Marines looked super nifty. Any suggestions on Space Marine chapters to look into or armies in general and why?
>>
>>51257338
>Autism: The post!
>>
>>51257888
Watch this. You don't want this to happen to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c
>>
>>51257616
Mine would look exactly the same. Dreadnoughts in drop pods with, scouts in skimmers, predators and a techmarine.

Because dreadnoughts are bae.
>>
>>51257935
Jesus christ thanks gonna hafta remember to thin paints when i get some speaking of I read not only you but others saying citadel paints aren't necessary so what paints do you suggest?
>>
>>51257888
In terms of painting tips I'd like to refer you to the WIP general. The people there are very talented and actually give you constructive feedback. Don't be shy to post your first models, they'll tell you how to improve.
>>
>>51257433
>>51257379
>>51257373
>>51257360
I would trade all my grav if I could take assault cannons as heavy weapons choices.
>>
>>51258043
Link me please and im glad to know you guys are here to help so much cause as much asI am looking forward to painting models I feel a certain level of dread over painting as well
>>
>>51258031
Pick what you like / available

For me it's citadel, since that's what's sold near me. Otherwise I'd have to order.

I do use vallejo paint for my airbrush over GW, due to the dropper bottles are cultch over GW pot
>>
>>51258056
Deathwatch Terminators can.
Not that it's much of a consolation.
>>
>>51258056
Why?

Assault cannons are inferior.
>>
>>51258005
>dreadnoughts are bae
>love boxnoughts
>have literally zero boxnoughts across 3 Marine armies

I must commit sudoku for this shamefur dispray.
>>
>>51258071
What do you mean by cultch? (never heard the terminology before) Also still havent decided on an army yet still pretty hung up on what to choose
>>
>>51256217
Yea, if the Marines are in Cover then scions are kinda fucked, because then they're only slightly better off than basic lasguns. And Marines are vastly deadlier in melee.

I once had a 2500 point game against Scions, where I had Reserve Fuckery(His first reserve roll is on a 7+, further reserves on 4+, literally told him to pick a unit, it's not coming on the board). All my space marines moved to snag objectives on turn 1 while he null-deployed.

His scions came on the board, but the entirety of his 1200(less than half came on) point scions army only killed 3 space marines, because 2+ cover saves from Shrouded. On my turn all my marines used Frag Grenades+Bolt Pistols and charged. Because all his scions were in DS Formation, each squad lost like 2 scions to the frag grenade alone. Then my tactical marines all charged, and tabled all 1200 points worth of scions, just to consolidate right back into cover.

Then the remaining 900(lol, another 400 points not coming on the board) points worth of scions dropped in on bottom of T2. Just rinse and repeat the entire game until he's tabled on Turn 4.
>>
>>51258119
he means that the vallejo bottles are designed to extract a single drop of paint. with citadel paints you use your brush to get the paint out of the bottle.

pick your two most favored armies. toss a coin. heads is army z and tails is army x.

whatever you wish for in the second the coin is in the air is the one you should pick
>>
>>51258167
>2500 points of scions
100% Stupid.
Also, I thought the point of Tempestus Scions was to deliver 2 special weapons per squad via DS
>>
>>51258253 Are the paint types/quality comparible otherwise cause Id think id prefer the Vallejo single drops honestly.
Im really dead locked between Orks, Space Marine Skiitari and Tau currently. (though slightly leaning Ork due to some of the designs)
>>
>>51258070
search for WIP in the catalog. they always have a general up

also apply wash to your miniatures
>>
>>51258279
From what I can tell, Scions aren't really viable as the sole point of your army. They're like a one-trick pony that can drop in and kill something hard on turn 1, but they have no real ability to stay on the board if they don't do their job right.

They're so much better off as allies to another army so they can fill their niche of being a scalpel, while tougher units sit on the board to snag objectives. Like an Armoured Company could use scions with meltaguns to absolutely trash the hardest targets on the board.
>>
>>51258388

That's the intention for them. They show up, spunk a load of AP3 and some special weapons on something, then the opponent either needs to divert fire to take them out or let them roam around the backfield.
>>
Is there a list somewhere of all the currently-legal books?
I just learned that my army has units and formations outside of its main codex. How do I know which ones are legal?
>>
>>51258294
have you ever tried painting a minitaure?
best way to start the hobby is to grab a box of Start collecting! orks, buy a couple of bottles, a primer spray and try it out.
if you dont want to pay for a box just buy orkboyz
>>
>>51258294
By the way you do not need the GW glue. Don't know where you're from but I use the UHU Special Plast Plastikkleber for 3€ and it's working as intended
>>
>>51258465
No completely new to the hobby but I have been really considering grabbing that box. So I'll look up primer spray, do you happen to know how many points the box is, like ive said im pretty new to the game so i dont know too much yet. So ive not got a GW close to me nearest one is like 2-3 hour drive or so I thi,nk so is their website the best place to get models?
>>
>>51258388
One thing I want to try to build for 1850 or so is:
>Imperial Castellans
>Scions, and Purifiers
>Chapter Ancients formation, 3-4 Librarian Dreads.

Purifiers are WC batteries and "horde control", Librarian Dreads do Fulmination so they sling stuff around the map, or Electrodisplace against DS Scions.

Something goofy like that, which could "almost work" were it not for the insane interdependency of the units involved.
>>
>>51258504
Usa, Washington state. So i'll look into alternative glues then too cause I keep hearing that gw has made their paints and glues quite expensive.
>>
>>51258098
But they look cool. What else is important?
>>
>>51258167
Reserves automatically succeed on a 6.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-17+at+12.46.03).png (81KB, 796x475px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-17+at+12.46.03).png
81KB, 796x475px
>>51258589
And this is where you are dead fuckin' wrong, read the rulebook. A roll of 1 automatically fails, but a roll of 6 does not automatically succeed.
>>
>>51258524
As an alternate to what that guy said, you can find boyz on eBay pretty cheap. A mob of 10, depending on how many toys you give them, is 60pts for melee weapons and 70pts for shootas. Thing is, you're gonna want more than 10 on the tabletop.
>>
>>51258524
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
with the list builder you can track your points and organize your army. GW's item description will tell you what the box contains
>>
>>51258631
well fug
>>
>>51253401
Can orks take several relics on a one guy?

Like can i take that nice shoota and the lukky stikk on my warboss?
>>
>>51258098
Minigun>sci-fi cheese cannon.
>>
>>51258748
Gifts of Gork and Mork
[...]
A model can take one of the following
>>
>>51258101
Shhh, it's ok. Let the boxiness consume you.
>>
>>51258738
Also, here's a fun little set.
> Lias Issodon: 175 points
- 1 to enemy reserves
> Land Raider Proteus w/explorator Neuroweb: 250 points
- 1 to enemy reserves
> Mastodon with Command Vox Relay: 750 points
- 1 to enemy reserves
> Callidus Assassin: 145 points
- 3 to first enemy reserve roll

And the worst of them all
> Astropath
- 1 to enemy reserve rolls... BUT, makes them auto-pass on 6+, making him useless to combine with other reserve shennanigans.

Are there any other sources of Reserve Fuckery in this game? What's the cheapest way to make enemy reserves go on a 7+?
>>
>>51258655
Never actually used ebay before remember family getting ripped off a couple times few years back. Any tips on getting boyz (or units for armies in general) off of Ebay?
>>
>>51258763
"Only one of each of the following artefacts may be chosen per army – there is only one of each of these items in the galaxy!"

thats what it says in my book.
>>
>>51258800
D99 drop troops have a Long-Range Scanner that is another -1. Also denies Infiltration on a 4+.
>>
>>51258589
>>51258631
>>51258738
This makes Elysian Company Command Squads so juicy. Build your army with massive pod/valkyrie alpha and then add ECCS with 4x Long Range Scanners. Suddenly your opponent has -4 to his reserve rolls. Kinda hard to succeed on those 7+ rolls now. They also fuck up Genestealer Cult royally by preventing infiltrate on deployment on 4x4+ rolls. You'd need 16 units to get single off. And then you'll either face the brunt of Elysians alpha or start in reservers and roll against 6+ for multiple turns.
>>
>>51258849
Elysians also have them. And you can have four per command squads. Their effects do stack.
>>
>>51258832
We're an at impasse then
>>
>>51258882
> Long Range Scanners stack with themselves, unlike all other reserve fuckery
Oh my god that's beautiful. How hard is it to take out their LRS's? My god it would be hilarious to table Null Deployment armies purely because they literally can't get off any of their reserves, and end turn 2 with no models on the table.
>>
New general here!
>>51259004
>>51259004
>>51259004
>>
would anyone here ever want to try a different ruleset than the current one? even if it wasnt written by the high lords of GW?
>>
>>51258952
Well 5 T3 guys so not hard at all. You can shove them into Bastion so they are much harder to kill.

Also doesnt work against autoreserve stuff like Drop Pod Assault of marines and Combat Drop of Elysians.
>>
>>51258943
well not really. if you got one thing saying a and one thing saying b then you go with what most codexes got

and thats only one relic so i assume orks only get 1 relic
>>
>>51258801
I'd buy off if somebody who looks like they sell miniatures or hobby related stuff often (lots of reviews, dividing units up into lots, "seller's other items" includes lots of other stuff, etc)

That being said, ~$1 per Ork boy is decent, much higher and you're better off getting the box for all the extra bits and ability to pose the models as you see fit.
>>
>>51259012
Is the "rules don't apply while you're in a transport" liable to fuck you up if this happens?
>>
>>51258545
I don't think you can take GK in a Castellans list. A cheap alternative is an assload of Astropaths from Imperial Agents. 25 points per warp charge and the chance to get invisibility in a few places. Plus they help with reserves.
Thread posts: 437
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.