[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be some everyday annoyances a winged human would experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3521.jpg (289KB, 1024x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3521.jpg
289KB, 1024x794px
What would be some everyday annoyances a winged human would experience? Setting not important. Wings in question are large enough for slightly-magic-enhanced flight (so 15ft-20ft wingspan) and can fold down to only barely dragging across the ground.
>>
File: IMG_3522.jpg (171KB, 790x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3522.jpg
171KB, 790x527px
How the hell would you clean them?
What kind of brush do you need for feathers?
The comparison to angels and being constantly expected to uphold unrealistic moral standards would get annoying.
Most shirts and winter clothing would need customizing to work. Maybe large slots held together at the top with buttons? Wait, we put shirts on by throwing it over our heads so they'd have to be cut from the bottom up.
Since you can fly you can't wear skirts without shorts underneath.
You'd have to air dry them every time they get wet.
Aren't most feathers water-resistant? So how would you wash them thoroughly?
If you ever lose your feathers you'll have two weird chicken wings coming out of your back.
>>
File: IMG_3523.jpg (39KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3523.jpg
39KB, 600x315px
>>51246840
>That pic
Reminds me of this, a featherless owl.
>>
>Walking through doorways

>Sleeping on the floor

>Going to a crowed place with dancing people

>Getting dressed

>Trying not to be spotted

>"Hey look there's that winged freak! Let's kick his ass!"
>>
>Modern Day?
Religious fanatics will do something incredibly stupid centered around you.
>Medieval Europe minus magic?
Religious folk (read:everyone) will do stupid shit around and to you.
>Generic fantasy setting?
Other adventurers call you a Mary Sue for whatever reason and you'll be incredibly shitty at whatever job you take for a year or two (+LA for half-angel race).
>Super hero setting?
You're a cape Harry! Not a very good one but still.
>Gritty low-magic "realistic" setting?
You'll die of a previously benign avian virus because your immune system is weird.
>>
Furniture would be a pain.
You're forever restricted to sleeping on your chest unless you want an aching/asleep wing.
Flying is really hard and just one accident can shatter your wing bones.
Bird brain.
>>
>>51246723
I'm thinking sitting on a chair would be difficult at best, stools would be the goto for seating.
>>
Whatever happened to Maximum Ride anyway?
>>51246840
>cleaning
Dust bath?
>>
>>51246840
Winter would really suck, just imagine the heat loss from the surface area of the wings.
Feathers can't retain all that much heat.
If a person is 6ft tall and wings drag just barely on the ground how much would stick above their head? Would doorways have to be taller and wider?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.