[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused as FUCK. I'm trying to make a Animist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

I'm confused as FUCK.

I'm trying to make a Animist in Runequest 6 for a Glorantha game- I want to make a Kolati shaman. Now this isn't terribly complex- Kolat shamans are rare but not unheard of, and animism, while confusing, is pretty damn cool, given it's focus on powers through spirit bargains and fetishes.

The problem is, first, that you can't start as a Shaman- and that's fair, starting characters aren't all powerful of course, but you can start as a Spirit Worshiper, the tier below Shaman. You can still bargain, bind, and see spirits, and can use fetishes, so while you can't go into the Spirit World, have a spirit pull out an enemy's soul, beat him up, bind him into a spirit and possess his body quite yet, you can still do most of the good stuff.

Buut- the book doesn't tell you what magic you start with. Now, it mentions a lot of stuff about magic, but every other tradition starts with spells dependent on their magic skill- Animism mentions nothing of the sort. No starting with fetishes, nothing. But, it's implied.

So, can anyone more versed in the rules help me by telling me if I am meant to start with spirits/fetishes, or if I'm going to have to dedicate in game time and experience rolls to getting access to magic unlike all other magic users?

Also Kolat is pretty boss. I am looking forward to finding the Wind Within Me. I've had to make a spirit tradition up for him, since he doesn't have one in the Glorantha Cult One Pagers, but oh well. I figure he's got Ancestor, Elemental (Air, Earth, Fire, Darkness), Nature (more accurate Air spirits doing the same thing) and Guardian spirits available as allies so far, and Fetches at Shaman level.

I want to get this guy done, because this is the third character I've made so far, and I'm a bit done with it. (Arkati Sorcerer Zorak Zorani, dropped for being too offensive to fellow Orlanthi, Yinkini God Talker, maybe kept maybe dropped, neat concept but not magic enough for me)
>>
This reads like you are pretending to have a problem, but are more interested in trying to explain and sell your game.

Which is it? Are you asking a question to people who care about RQ6, or are you just flapping your lips in hopes of telling a one-sided version of the game in hopes of trying to sell it to people who don't know any better?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nds64xopi21rw7v32.png (255KB, 407x599px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nds64xopi21rw7v32.png
255KB, 407x599px
>>51239194
The former. I'm tired as fuck, so that might be why you think I'm shilling, but nope, I don't give a fuck if you spend money or whatever, I just want an answer to my question or some discussion maybe. Maybe about Runequest, maybe about Glorantha, I'm not picky here.

Given that the system has split in two, I dunno who you'd even give money to? I mean, I had to search through so many old /tg/ archives to find the pdfs I needed for a lot of the backstory and setting stuff. Thank fuck for /tg/ archives.

I'm just a retard trying to figure out if I get some shiny fetish magic at chargen or if I've got to invest time and XP into doing it in play to get any, which would kinda suck since I got the impression from the GM that we'd be pretty busy.
>>
>>51239424
Ask your GM.
>>
>>51239074
Page 177 has Starting Magic.

1 relevant spell/power for each 20% in your magical skill.

So that should be one Fetish per 20% in Binding.
>>
File: Glorantha Horsemen.jpg (302KB, 1004x795px) Image search: [Google]
Glorantha Horsemen.jpg
302KB, 1004x795px
>>51239721
Huh. All the others have them in their specific section- but it does mention binding- well, thanks a ton, I knew it'd be somewhere obvious I just missed.
>>
>>51239778
Don't worry, yeah it is a bit weirdly placed.
>>
File: IMG_0064.jpg (109KB, 700x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
109KB, 700x533px
>>51239797
Well thank you again. Takes a load off my back again- now I can go back to worrying about what tattoos my character has.

Wow I just realized I talk out loud in type. Just deleted two paragraphs of musing about my characters role in his clan. Weird shit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.