[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 86

File: 1484107037154.png (987KB, 823x987px) Image search: [Google]
1484107037154.png
987KB, 823x987px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to HorizonNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51210181
>Trash_for_trash:_Sleeping_Tiger.trid
>Ballistic_Masks:_The_New_Trend.thread
>Fashion.formula
>LA:_Runner's_Heaven_or_Runner's_Hell_CRACKED.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, didn't you hear? Trenchcoat is getting in style again'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Don't_Lose_Your_Way.BTL...

>Watch your Style
>Walk straight
>Never conserve glitter
>And never, ever trade fashion tips with a dragon

Fashion Edition: Killing chummers WITH STYLE
>>
>the catsuit in Cutting Aces has capacity 10
>exactly enough capacity to fit Ruthenium Polymer Coating 4 and Thermal Dampening 6
Holy shit, CGL hit the nail right on the head for once.
>>
I've figured out how to make a troll dick fit inside of a pixie in 4e.

I don't know what to do with this new information.
>>
>>51238327
and what have you found?
>>
>>51238462
How to fit a troll dick inside of a pixie.
>>
>>51238560
Well what are you waiting for?
Tell us!
>>
>>51238590
Hidden Pocket from Spy Games.

Turn To Goo doesn't get an object resistance test, so clearly people shouldn't either.

Hidden Pocket Pussy -> Dick disappears seamlessly.
>>
Does anyone else think that the list for tricks you can teach to critters is a little....redundant, in some cases? I'm look at some of these tricks and find myself thinking "do you really need to 'teach' an animal to do that?" and "is that really a 'trick'?" Let's look at Patrol for instance:
>Patrol: The critter is trained to protect a certain object or area as designated by the trainer. They first attempt to Intimidate any intruders they encounter; if the intruder doesn’t back off, the critter attacks them using whatever means are at its disposal.

I've never met a dog that wouldn't bark at anyone and everyone who walked by its yard, even people it knew, nor have I ever met one that wouldn't bark at anyone and everyone who rung the doorbell or knocked on the door of its home; in fact, I've met many who would bark at you before you'd even reached the door. So for dogs (and most territorial animals too, I'd reckon) the first half of Patrol is completely redundant. And if you have a dog with an aggressive disposition, I don't think you'd have to teach it the second half either.

I could go on about other tricks, but that would just be rambling. Point is, there's just a lot of stuff that should be far easier to teach to some species than others, some stuff that could probably be taught as one 'trick' (like rolling Attack, Bodyguard and Patrol into one "Aggressive" 'trick') and some stuff you probably wouldn't even have to teach, but there's no provisions for any of that.
>>
Do we have a discord?
>>
>>51238852
>you can stick your dick into pixie pussy, but it turns to goo
What's even the point of that?
>>
>>51238885
No no no. I'm saying turn to goo doesn't force an object resistance test on people. Hidden Pocket doesn't either.

Ergo, it's more like the dick stretches and completely fills whatever orifice it's pushed into, with a pixie, is not much. But then realize a single hit gets a meter of volume into their cunt.

17 inch pixie takes 32" dick. Do the math.
>>
Hate to eat a post with this, but I remember when 5e first came out, a lot of anons said the math in the books was off. Is there a more recent printing with not whack math?
>>
>>51238921
>17 inch pixie takes 32" dick. Do the math.
I doubt trolls are anywhere near that well endowed, but I see your point.
>>
>>51238954
Indeed. With two hits, you could pull a claymore out of a pixie.
>>
File: hit-it-king-of-england.jpg (57KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
hit-it-king-of-england.jpg
57KB, 500x448px
>>51238989
Would that get me the crown of England?
>>
>>51239028
This thread is going places. Places!
>>
>>51239028
I dunno. with 6 hits you can smuggle 6 cubic meters of stuff.

I think.
>>
>>51238863
You're missing an important bit
>as designated by the trainer

Is the owner of the untrained dog able to freely designate the areas and objects that the dog will and will not protect? Or will the dog keep barking at mailmen and cats no matter how many times the owner says not to worry about the lawn?
>>
>>51239087
For reference, that's 1500 gallons.
>>
>>51238921
>>51238954
>>51238989
>>51239028
>>51239087
>>51239124

>Pixie, do you think love can bloom even on the battlefield?
>Yes Trolltacon... assuming liberal application of magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 825x969px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 825x969px
So I recently stated up a gorgon metatype for an upcoming character and included a little bit of background. It's a human metatype because I felt like there aren't enough of those.

What are metatype a you've house ruled?
>>
File: heresy.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>51239260
>>
>>51239107
Fair point. If I've got a Barghest that tries to scare off anything that approaches my property and eat anything that foolishly dares to trespass on my property, whether it be a mailman, a squirrel, the neighbor's cat, a spirit, ganger scum or a would-be assassin, I'm not going to correct that behavior; I'm going to put up warning signs and get my mail delivered by rotodrone.
>>
>>51239260
I'm just thinking of how to weaponize this in a way that is gloriously fucked up.

Assuming you could find 1500 gallons of a liquid, what's the most disgusting liquid you could fire out of yourself at high speed specifically to demoralize a foe?

I've already discounted smuggling 1500 gallons of spiders, because there's no oxygen in the craw.
>>
>>51239281
>gorgon metatype

Drop some more info about it, because why the hell not.

Are you going with "regular legs" or "snake bottom" variant?
>>
>>51239124
>>51239087
Dear god, just imagine how much novacoke you could smuggle with that.
>>
>>51239383
You could probably have both; after all, we have both horse-faced centaurs and human-faced centaurs in the setting.
>>
>>51239366
Sounds like a mix of benzine and oil is what you want. Walking weapon of mass destruction indeed.
>>
>>51239366
liquid nitroglycerin
>>
>>51239386
That's only one orifice.

But if the spell fails, you have to deal with 1500 gallons attempting to exit you the fastest way possible.

You'd explode in a shower of gore and dust.
>>
>>51239443
I wanna demoralize foes, not become a rocket.
>>
>>51239476
they will be after you destroy the whole city block
Who much damage exactly would 1500 gallons of nitroglycerin do btw?
>>
>>51239383
Regular legs. I've never really been a fan of the slippery snake body stuff.

It's pretty straightforward, pretty much just a human but with natural medusa extensions + injectors as a metagenetic positive quality, a slight modification to base stats, and an appropriately adjusted karma cost. I have it fluffed as sort of like Nartaki, in that they mainly popped up alongside surge but in a more uniform way. Only affecting women, and mainly around the Meditterean/North Africa but also a few elsewhere in the world. More common than Nartaki though, there are several thousand scattered about. Their hair takes on the appearance of snake species that don't exist, usually with traits of several existing species, and they gain eyes and small patches of scales to match. I'd post it but I'm on mobile right now. They don't actually have any gaze abilities, but the character I'm playing pretends to have one and wears sunglasses all the time and threatens people who are too dumb to realize it's just a myth.
>>
Guys, I think we're all ignoring the important question here: what does it feel like when a woman uses magic to take a dick that would be far too large for her to take without magic? Is it a good feeling? Does it hurt? Is it a good pain? And what's it like on the guy's end.
>>
File: tumblr_nu59xwMvXC1sowec6o6_1280.png (95KB, 634x425px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu59xwMvXC1sowec6o6_1280.png
95KB, 634x425px
>>51239573
well if I was some kind of degenerate I would say something like Kuroinu ep3. But I am not and would have no idea.
>>
So, a question: Assuming I had cybereyes with thermographic vision, cyberears, and a few Noizquitos, could I turn off my hearing and standard vision, fire up the noisebots, and give -24 to everyone shooting at me while taking no penalties myself? I know my life is forfeit for even thinking of this.
>>
File: 1421010284206.jpg (46KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1421010284206.jpg
46KB, 400x328px
>>51239742
>>
>>51239637
What's the source of this picture? Couldn't find anything.
>>
I remember that some time ago there was a pdf in this thread that listed the cost and upkeep of various critters, paracritters, mutant critters, technocritters, etc. I foolishly didn't download it and now I really want to look at it again. Does anyone feel like uploading it for me?
>>
File: Animal availability.png (319KB, 666x664px) Image search: [Google]
Animal availability.png
319KB, 666x664px
>>51239883
That's all I have
>>
>>51239476
>I wanna demoralize foes
I feel pretty demoralized just reading this comment-chain

>>51239345
>eat anything that foolishly dares to trespass on my property, whether it be a mailman, a squirrel, the neighbor's cat, a spirit, ganger scum or a would-be assassin
I hope your character's family and loved ones don't try for a surprise visit. You might find thanksgiving dinners to be a little less crowded after that. And I'm sure you'll be real popular with the local police after your pet swallows the neighbors' kids.
>>
>>51239905
Well it's a start, though the pdf I was thinking was more complete.

>>51239934
>I hope your character's family and loved ones don't try for a surprise visit. You might find thanksgiving dinners to be a little less crowded after that.
>shadowrunners
>having friends and/or family
>paying a surprised visit to a shadowrunner
>ever a good and/or safe idea

That said, I'd have a fence and keep the Barghest well-fed so that people would hear him long before he got he sunk his teeth into anyone. Also, I'd prioritize teaching him not to eat certain people.

>And I'm sure you'll be real popular with the local police after your pet swallows the neighbors' kids.
Omae, if a kid sees a fence with warning signs saying "No Tresspassing" "Beware of Barghest", hears the low rumbling growl of a Barghest and decides to hop that fence anyways, he deserves whatever happens to him. Really I'm doing the gene pool a favor here. And if he knocked a baseball with Babe Ruth's signature onto it into my backyard a la The Sandlot? Tough. He'll have to ask me for it when I get home.
>>
File: tumblr_nxj4fwwuR21sowec6o1_540.png (277KB, 540x765px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxj4fwwuR21sowec6o1_540.png
277KB, 540x765px
>>51239858
http://scasblog.tumblr.com/
be grateful for it have taken me many hours to traces down the source of this character when I first stumbled upon her
>>
Why do people shit on 2E shadowrun? I played a one-shot yesterday and it's actually a pretty neat system. I runs much faster than modern editions, dice pools are way smaller and there are generally fewer dice rolls involved in most ordeals. I love the dice pool mechanics, and The Matrix, albeit a much slower deal indeed, is so fucking fun.
>>
File: assault_dress.jpg (308KB, 748x800px) Image search: [Google]
assault_dress.jpg
308KB, 748x800px
>>51240127
Thanks you kindly Anon. I'd give you some pictures in return, but can't find anything good.
>>
>>51240124
>And if he knocked a baseball with Babe Ruth's signature onto it into my backyard a la The Sandlot?
The milkiest of milk runs.
>kid wants you to get a very valuable baseball back from a backyard occupied by a barghest
>knock on the owner's door and ask for it because you're a fucking adult who knows it's easier these sort of problems with words
>alternatively if the owner is out and you're under a time limit, distract the Barghest with a big meaty steak, a hit or two of narcojet or both
>>
Which edition would you say is the simplest when it comes to rules?
Which is the most complicated?
Which do you think just straight up sucks dick?
>>
File: 567full-yuri-orlov.jpg (380KB, 567x859px) Image search: [Google]
567full-yuri-orlov.jpg
380KB, 567x859px
Are the Krime Wave and other GH3 guns considered stupid and cheesy? It's basically a better Valiant for less than half the price, so I feel like a munchkin strapping one onto my 'Lynx.
>>
>>51241097
Not really, no. Yes, the MG42 is cheap, but it's still inferior to an Ares Alpha.
>>
Was the Chicago CZ a dead, gray wasteland, or did it get overgrown with mutant/magical plant/animal life?
>>
>open up Gun H(e)aven 3
>compare 5e prices to 4e prices
>guns generally more expensive, particularly the big ones
>price of heavy weapons went through the fucking roof
I BET THE NANOBOTS DID THIS
>>
>>51241253
>mutant/magical plant/animal life?
Bug Spirits
and residue from the nuke
>>
File: w630_YoungJohnT2-1395181187.jpg (27KB, 1260x812px) Image search: [Google]
w630_YoungJohnT2-1395181187.jpg
27KB, 1260x812px
>>51241379

That's canon omae. CFD forced a rollback on nanotech-based assembly tech.
>>
>>51238942
What kind of math are you talking about?
>>
>>51241444
I'm talking pre-nuke, during the years where people were surviving in there in total isolation.
>>
>>51241097
Krime wave is, rules-wise, like a giant AK with extended mags that's forbidden and only has FA. If you want your drones to pour autofire and suppression onto your enemies and not worry about reloading, krime wave seems like a great option.

As for balance, machine-guns need buffs like that just to stay viable next to automatics. So there's nothing munchkin-y about it. Better than being yet another runner that eats, lives, and breathes nothing but Ares Alpha.
>>
File: Sixth World Almanac p77.png (82KB, 418x573px) Image search: [Google]
Sixth World Almanac p77.png
82KB, 418x573px
>>51241473
Chummer, you do know that it only became a lawless wasteland AFTER it turned out there were Bugs in the city, right?
Before it was a normal city/sprawl

pic related is the timeline (from August 22 2056 to October 4 2056)
>>
>>51241580
Again, I'm talking about the period of time between the setup of the quarantine and the nuking.

I'm fully aware of the presence of bug spirits. What I'm curious about is everything else. Whether it was overgrown with plants and overrun with feral and wild city animals, or if it was blasted, grey urban ruin.

What you'd see if you pointed your head out of your foxhole and looked around during the quarantine.
>>
>>51241497
>Krime wave is, rules-wise, like a giant AK with extended mags that's forbidden and only has FA.
I find it funny that you use that particular comparison, because IRL the RPK is a light machine gun that is literally an AK with a longer, heavier barrel, a bigger stock, a bigger magazine and a few other small details I can't recall. Yet, somehow in the Shadowrun timeline it's ended up being a heavy machine gun.
>>
>>51241647
>What you'd see if you pointed your head out of your foxhole and looked around during the quarantine.
Bug spirits as far as the eye can see
>>
>>51241647
>the period of time between the setup of the quarantine and the nuking.
Chummer, look at my picture
the time between them was like 5 weeks
I can't imagine it being overrun by ANYTHING
more than likely it was just empty buildings
and of course like >>51241678 said more bug spirits than you could count
>>
>>51241678
>>51241735
Fair enough. How long was it after the nuking before the quarantine was lifted? Because I recall the fact that it's since been lifted, with turbo-survivor hardened Zoners spilling out of the former CZ and fucking shit up ever since.
>>
Sup /tg/

Quick question about 4e. Does counterspelling light up the target of it on the astral plane in the same way a sustained spell does?
>>
>>51241827
No.
>>
Do Seats in a vehicle count as a Drone Rack for Anthro drones?
>>
How much Spanish is there in Aztlan Spanish? If a man who only spoke Spanish and a man who only spoke Aztlan Spanish tried to have a conversation, how much difficulty would they have trying to communicate with each other?
>>
>>51241825
SWA puts it at Feb 26 2058

>February 26—UCAS: President Haeffner lifts the quarantine around the Chicago
>Containment Zone. Riots break out as refugees from the CCZ attempt to
>flee the area and surrounding areas push back. Civil authorities manage to
>broker a peace. Thousands stuck within the CCZ discover that despite the
>announcement, Chicago remains excised from the modern world.
>>
Are there any new dragons being born or is the population stagnant?
>>
File: Aztlan Spanish.png (368KB, 539x696px) Image search: [Google]
Aztlan Spanish.png
368KB, 539x696px
>>51242029
>>
>>51238015
Sauce of the original picture?
>>
>>51242156
It's just a dialect? Hm. I expected Aztlan Spanish to be a thorough mix of Spanish and Nahuatl. So in the proposed scenario, the two men could have a conversation with minimal communication difficulties?
>>
File: 1483330474611.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1483330474611.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
>Play the Dragonfall and Hong Kong games
>Makes me want to try the tabletop
>Grab the .pdfs
>Start reading
>Shit's confusing as fuck and really obtuse
>Everything's written as in-universe so, while entertaining, there's no short layman's edition
>Friends don't want to play/learn a new system and just want to stick to D20

I'm so fucking confused, Jesus.
>>
>>51242325
>Friends don't want to play/learn a new system and just want to stick to D20

Truly the worst of fates. Are they glued to D&D or Pathfinder?
>>
>>51242356
D&D. 3.5 and 5e respectively.
>>
>>51242383
Are they only glued to the system or the setting? If it's the system, then it might be workable from there, but if they are just there for fantasy stuff, then it's baaaad.
>>
File: DnD vs SR.jpg (228KB, 1343x607px) Image search: [Google]
DnD vs SR.jpg
228KB, 1343x607px
>>51242325
First of all: Yeah, the PC games are simple. You know why? Because all the shit you'd have to do is done by the computer
Second: depending on which edition you read there are cheat sheets, for 5e the Hayek Sheets in the mediafire, for 4e the cheat sheets in the pastebin
Third: There should be a Reduced version of 5e floating around here, check the previous threads
Fourth: pic related
>>
>>51242275
>virtually eliminating the subjunctive mood
>in a language that expresses almost entirely in subjunctive mood

Little more than "just" a dialect
>>
>>51242493
As a guy with no higher education in linguistics, what does that mean exactly?
>>
>>51241934
Not unless your interpretation of "deployed" is quite underwhelming. My interpretation of "deployed" (which I arrogantly assume is everyone else's interpretation as well) is that the drone is now running/flying/whatever alongside my vehicle, ready to do whatever.
>>
>>51242412
Just the system. But it's mainly because we've played it for years so we know 95% of it from memory.
>>
>>51242529
They'll understand eachother but it'll be weird.
Imagine if you were to speak entirely in hypotheticals like this to someone who speaks only in a direct and "factual" sense.
You might sound a little mincing or limp-wristed.
>>
File: chicago.png (2MB, 2013x1705px) Image search: [Google]
chicago.png
2MB, 2013x1705px
>>51241580

Honestly, a nuke of the size described probably changed very little for most of the CZ. That timeline references a "sub-tactial nuke" (which is a vaguely defined term). The attached picture is of a 15 kiloton blast (the same yield as the Hiroshima blast, and within the range of what would be considered a modern "tactical" nuke) centered on the intersection of Racine and Cermak, and that blast doesn't even reach downtown (which would have already been fucked up for reasons completely unrelated to nukes OR bug spirits). It probably doesn't even blow out the glass in Wrigleyville.

The Des Plaines River (which I believe is the western boundary of the CZ) runs parallel to Lake Michigan all the way up into Wisconsin, so your guess is as good as mine for how far the CZ extends up north, but my guess is that a single low-yield nuclear detonation on Chicago's near south side five weeks after the quantine began never had any effect on the day-to-day lives of most CZ residents compared to being locked in for years with a hive of insect spirits.
>>
>>51242738
Interesting, but how can one discuss unknowns and uncertain possibilities without using hypotheticals?
>>
>>51243068
Anon, that looks very professionally done. Did you make that with some sort of google maps plug-in?
>>
>>51243135

http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
>>
>>51242144
They got eggs, so presumably yes. Not like the scalies are keen to let metahumans know where their babies are, how old they are, what their grades are and what's their favorite color, trid show and snackfood (its dwarfs)
>>
>>51239883
This thing?
>>
>>51242144
>Are there any new dragons being born?
Yes, but very slowly.
There's two at least that we know of who have been born in the Sixth World, Perianwyr and Masaru.
>is the population stagnant?
The problem is that the process in which dragons are born is complex; laying the egg isn't enough, and there's some political stuff among the dragons as to whom gets to hatch the egg because whatever species of dragon hatches it causes the embryo to turn into the into that species of dragon.
>>
>>51244179
>Masaru
Masaru's only a new Great Dragon, not a new Dragon, period.
>>
Why the fuck is a flamethrower so expensive and illegal? Does nobody use these for construction, deforestation, or rural farming purposes?
>>
>>51244228
>construction
?
>deforestation
??
>rural farming
??????????????

Deforestation I can kinda understand, but how you'd do the other two with a flamethrower I can simply not understand
>>
>>51244228
How exactly would one use a flamethrower for construction?
>>
>>51244276
For constructing forest fires, I suppose.

>>51244228
Shadowrun weapon laws don't really make sense, so don't think about them too hard. How come its legal to own and conceal carry a full-auto Machine Pistol, but its illegal to load that Machine Pistol with hollow points?
>>
>>51244276
>>51244272
Deconstruction would be a better word. And I've read of flamethrowers being used to clear brush, eliminate pests, and clear crop remains. I can understand a corp's hesitation to sell flamethrowers to civilians shopping in Stuffer Shack, but it seems extreme for the only two flamethrowers on the market to be Forbidden.
>>
>>51244228
I'm guessing the ones in the books are flamethrowers specifically made for military use.

>>51244272
>>51244276
Some farms, especially sugar-cane farms, use flamethrowers for controlled burns. Smaller flamethrowers are also used for installing APP roofing or so I've heard.
>>
>>51244336
>clear brush, eliminate pests, and clear crop remains
That seems a bit like overkill
>>
>>51244353
It would, if magic didn't make all of nature deadlier on average.
>>
>>51244353
It gets the job done with a decent degree of efficiency, and that's all that matters really. If you're gonna clear an area of dry leaves and varmints, clear it good.
>>
>>51244352
>I'm guessing the ones in the books are flamethrowers specifically made for military use.

I could definitely understand this if they came with like, Smartlinks, expanded fuel canisters, or any number of other questionable weapons addons. But these things are vanilla as hell.
>>
>>51238883
Start it up.
>>
>>51244465
Name it Jackpoint if you aren't retarded.
>>
File: flamethower.jpg (181KB, 798x538px) Image search: [Google]
flamethower.jpg
181KB, 798x538px
>>51244434
Seeing as the flamethrower rules specify taser ranges, I'm assuming that Shadowrun's 'military' throwers are the ones that shoot a big wide cone of flame like in movies, whereas agricultural ones are more along the lines of a long stream.
>>
>>51244336
Honestly, in Seattle there's going to be less call for those guys than, say, in the now Atzlan controlled parts of Texas.

Which, incidentally, is most of the parts of Texas where it's legal for people to own flamethrowers because of Africanized bees.

Remember, the legality changes based on where you and we're given it in Seattle.
>>
>>51244272
I think he's referring to slash-and-burn agriculture?

Either that, or some serious problems with sixth world weeds.
>>
So, /srg/ I have a question
as you maybe know humans don't actually use all the muscle power they possibly have, because doing so would damage the body, except in cases where they or their loved ones are in danger

How would you represent this in SR? Would you even represent this and if not, why?
>>
>>51244961
Edge, use or burning, on an important roll.

Unless, of course, somebody had some 'ware that would modify things. In that case it's a failed composure roll that activates the 'ware, and then using Edge on the roll.
>>
>>51244988
What I meant was less "Through force of will you miraculously succeed in this challenge"
Because what I talked about is more of a state, in which your body pulls out all stops to protect your selves/loved ones

Things like the one guy that lifted a giant boulder off his arm, the mother that made a mountain lion flee only armed with a towel or other such things
Because currently I would approximate it with something like Kamikaze: Gain Boni on Physical Stats and Willpower, higher Pain tolerance, but your body can't take this much power and you take damage from it

I'm just asking how/if you would implement it
>>
Is establishing a "zero zone/batcave/fort kickass" in the mordor-esque, halloweener infested barrens a good or great idea?
>>
Is there a shadowrun equivalent of the CheyTac M200 Intervention?
>>
>>51245119
With edge like the anon said...

Edge isnt' something you actively control in the first place. Hell, that's exactly what Pushing the LImit represents in the first place
>>
>>51245260
sure, but it would mean that a person with EDG 2 can do this with 2 action and no more, while what I'm thinking of is more "You can be better for this long but afterwards you collapse" so less "this many actions" and more "for this period"
>>
>>51245119
>Because what I talked about is more of a state, in which your body pulls out all stops to protect your selves/loved ones

It's not actually a "super mode". We do not temperoratoly unlock greater physical capability during times of great emotional stress.
It's a single feat of impressive physical ability that leads IMMEDIATELY to injury after it's done; compare using a wooden stick as a lever to lift something hefty and when you do it the stick breaks in the process because you pushed past it's physical stress limitations.

Anything other then that is just regular adrenaline fueling people, nothing special beyond that.
>>
>>51244961
Just pulling this out my ass:
>Burn a point of edge
>Increase Strength and Agility by 3 and ignore wound modifiers
>Take 2 points of physical and stun damage every round until the danger passes or you fall unconscious. This damage can't be negated
Like I said, this is all out my ass and probably shitty to use. For things like the hysterical-strength phenomenon, I'd recommend just winging it as a DM and forgoing numbers to just be like 'you lift the fuck out of that boulder but you take x boxes of damage and your right arm is fucked beyond belief'.
>>
File: BM122.png (321KB, 860x274px) Image search: [Google]
BM122.png
321KB, 860x274px
>>51245255
Barret Model 122 in R&G looks similar.
>>
>>51245343
sounds actually good chummer
thanks
>>
>>51245343
That's honestly generally less useful than just burning the point of edge for a Smackdown.

That's a guaranteed four hits (12 dice worth mathematically, and 16 with the trading) but it's also a guaranteed four hits over.
>>
File: 1447563215353.gif (985KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447563215353.gif
985KB, 500x375px
>Cavalier Deputy only does 7 damage
>mfw this isn't really a big deal overall but I'm still salty that the cooler revolver has mediocre stats

With that out the way: Do you have a personal favourite firearm, /srg/? Something that might not be the most practical or popular, but you really like from a fluff/aesthetic point of view?
>>
File: h2QDBzO.jpg (78KB, 674x691px) Image search: [Google]
h2QDBzO.jpg
78KB, 674x691px
Will chummer ever stop flipping out with gear that uses an Exotic Weapons skill?
>>
>>51245343
Add Ignore Limits and reduce the damage to 1 box of Physical and Stun per turn.
People using this are already going to be in bad shape, and as >>51245417 pointed out if this just lasts a single turn Smackdown is a far superior option
>>
>>51245337
Then get an adrenaline pump
>>
>>51244146
>normal wolf costing more per month than a Fenrir wolf
That's such bullshit, though it's not like the 4e rules weren't bullshit too because
>>51239905
>Fenrir wolf costing less per month than Barghest
>>
File: nhhbqonq1qfzj0i.gif (409KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
nhhbqonq1qfzj0i.gif
409KB, 250x188px
>>51245417
>>51245483
Much better, thanks for the input anonfriends.
>>
>>51245255

You want Ares Desert Strike or Barrett Model 112 statblock. Just call it an Ares CheyTac M250 or something
>>
>>51245436
>the cooler revolver
>Cavalier Deputy
But that's not how you spell "Ruger Super Warhawk"
>>
File: 1458346950553.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458346950553.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>51245476
Nevermind, I've found out that adding in an Exotic Skill to the skill list stops it from crashing.
>>
>>51245346
>>51245512
Thank you.
>>
File: a081f12571d33c0c5e3beec45698651b.jpg (952KB, 5249x2270px) Image search: [Google]
a081f12571d33c0c5e3beec45698651b.jpg
952KB, 5249x2270px
>>51243082
Thing is, modern English has mostly dropped the subjunctive entirely already, using the interrogative or imperative mood instead. Russian doesn't have a subjunctive, but mostly just uses the past tense with a particle that expresses the difference.

Honestly it's mostly something that you'll only notice if you're a grammar nerd
>>51244961
Burning Edge for a Smackdown would be the best example of this in the mechanics that already exist.
>>51245476
Should be behaving in the current nightlies, unless I got distracted and forgot to commit that change. Essentially it just can't find the skill in your list to grab the displayname for, so it crashes out.
>>
File: Gun H(e)aven 3, page 23.png (189KB, 723x157px) Image search: [Google]
Gun H(e)aven 3, page 23.png
189KB, 723x157px
>>51245436
>Something that might not be the most practical or popular, but you really like from a fluff/aesthetic point of view?

I mentioned it in the last thread. The 2003 springfield looks great, but it's basically a remington 950 for people who don't have smartlinks. The 9 base accuracy gets me going, but the munchkin inside me doesn't want to pay extra and lose a point of AP. And I know that I will want to trade it out for one of the higher-end rifles anyway.
>>
File: 500px-SR5_Weapon_FN_Mag-5.png (112KB, 500x198px) Image search: [Google]
500px-SR5_Weapon_FN_Mag-5.png
112KB, 500x198px
>>51245812
Two that I love for the aesthetics: First, the FN 5-MAG. It's a pretty good medium machine gun, but you can't get it at chargen, and it's not as good as any heavy machine gun so if you're talking vehicle mounts there's no reason to pick it up.
>>
>>51245929
The other one is the Ruhrmetall SF-20. It looks cooler than the HPK HMG in my opinion but they're identical aside from the accessories and unfortunately it's cheaper to just buy the HPK and add the accessories. Really makes me wish they did the thing they do with cars to guns as well. You know, the thing where for each vehicle in the core rulebook, they listed models made by other companies that cost and performed the exact same but didn't necessarily look the same? I think I'll do that anyways once I come up with good names for Aztechnology rip-offs of HPKs and Yamaha Raidens.
>>
>>51242144
The answer is yes, but not the way you think. The problem with dragons is that from about year 12 to about year 40, they go full retard and are completely retarded - they have no sapience and roam the wastes, killing and eating whatever they can.

I dunno if that's canon but it sounds good.
>>
Asked this earlier, but I didn't get a response:

How does being a drake actually work?
As in, if a dragon sees one can they just go "Zap" and then they're mind controlled for life?

Or does a dragon have to go through a bunch of steps (like asking the drake directly) to bind them into service?
>>
>>51246097
For the Raiden knockoff, how about the Tlaloc or the Chaac? Assuming, of course, that the subsidiary that Aztechnology is making them through has at least some of the requisite cultural look to it.
>>
>>51246267
>How does being a drake actually work?
As in, if a dragon sees one can they just go "Zap" and then they're mind controlled for life?

Depends on the kind of Drake.
Basic drakes are always born from lineages descended from existing drakes and are fairly rare due to most drakes never having children way back when, and then sometimes they Awaken as drakes.
A True Drake is created through a complex ritual involving the dragon's blood I believe, and one of the reasons dragons don't often make them is because True Drakes actually can count as material links to the Great Dragons that created them, so to many they are seen as liability.
>>
>>51246097
Aztechnology sells firearms under the Armamentos Muerreta and Esprit lines, so Something like the Armamentos Muerreta Tormenta would work for a Raiden knockoff.
Market Panic has Subsidiaries/Brands for each Megacorp.
>>
Are all vehicles assumed to have GridLink service unless otherwise stated?
>>
>>51246399
No idea in 5e, but in 4e that was assumed to be the case.
It was also mention that GridGuide was almost stupidly easy to hack though.
>>
>>51246366
Yeah, it would be just like Aztech to do that...

>>51246396
>Market Panic has Subsidiaries/Brands for each Megacorp.
Ooooh, useful.
>>
>>51246267

hundreds of dragon cocks up the ass :)))
>>
>>51246377
Neither one of those tells me if a dragon can just 'zap' and mindcontrol a drake.
>>
>>51242325

Get the 4th edition Anniversary Edition core rulebook.

It's much better organized and easier to learn, it's just a straightforward read.

5h edition has notoriously shit editing.
>>
>>51245436
LeMat is a very nice Revolver.
High versatility due to the additional Shotgun-Barrel
>>
Lets say that I want to be horribly cliche and make a monofilament whip character in 5th ed.

What traits/ware/equipment would make it as effective as possible?
>>
>>51246491
>4th edition Anniversary Edition
>easier to learn
Absolutely not. I speak as a total newbie who got burned by 4EA's atrocious book and saw the light with 5e.
>>
>>51246465
True Drakes, yes.
Natural Drakes, I think so, but it likely takes a ritual of some sort and not immediate contact because we have evidence of Ryan Mercury coming into contact with dragons and still defying them.
Details aren't clear though because all of the "rules" on natural drakes are found in SR (True drakes were the only kind in ED) which is notoriously vague on it's fluff quite often.

So I think there IS a method but it's not fast and requires you to capture them first.
>>
>>51246557
Just make sure you have a lot of ranks in the skill so you don't Glich and fuck yourself up.
>>
>>51246267
Bred drakes aren't as susceptible to the true drake shenanigans, you have to use a ritual to attune them to your dragon-ness.
>>51246557
High edge, daredevil, revels in murder, docwagon contract.
>>
>>51246557
Muscle Toner v3, Reflex Recorder, the best Commlink you can get at Chargen so you can leave Wireless on the Whip activated.
Skates or Skimmers to be able to get to your enemies fast, tons of armor and some INI enhancement of your liking.
>>
>>51246399
Civie ones are, but from the looks of it, ones the 'runners themselves buy don't.
>>
>>51246557
Adept (because Magic is Better in 5e) and a shitload if skill ranks in Exotic Weapon, and that's about it.
>>
>>51246569

Yeah, and I speak for not only be but my group of 6 other players who had the complete opposite experience.

5e has not only absolutely horrible book editing, but a ton of subsystems that makes things way more fiddly for newcomers.
>>
>>51246578
>>51246615
Alright, thanks. Guess there's potential for a mission or two there.
>>
>>51243837
>>51244179
>>51246154

Thanks for the answers. Just wanted to know, because the rulebook had very little information about dragons. I understand it was intentional, because the book clearly states that a dragon is not somebody that your run of the mill runner will meet in their career.
>>
>>51246666
I don't care about your 'opposite experience'. I speak for myself and the hundreds of other players who had a much better time with 5e.
>>
>>51246594
>>51246615
>>51246626

Thanks for the info, chummers. What book are skates/skimmers in?

>>51246631

I was thinking more of a high 'ware showfighter turned runner than an adept. Don't wanna step on any party role toes in my group.
>>
>>51246686

Wow nice arguments fagotron.

I don't give a shit about your edition war autism, I'm just trying to help a newcomer who is clearly confused by the rules like I was.
>>
>>51246718
I don't give a fuck either, I'm just here to set the record straight.
>>
File: 1450812045386.gif (557KB, 214x188px) Image search: [Google]
1450812045386.gif
557KB, 214x188px
>>51246691
Chrome Flesh, page 88
>>
>>51246725

What record straight? He said he found the book confusing; I said I had the same experience and tried a different edition, and it was much easier to learn the game.

Then you came riding your autistic tard truck and did your thing.
>>
File: ndj8fc6.png (1MB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ndj8fc6.png
1MB, 3440x1440px
>>51246691
Cyber-skates and skimmers are CF 88. Non-implanted versions don't have mechanical benefits in 5th, but you could ask your GM to give them the same benefit as cyber-skates.
>>
>>51246785
He never even said which book he found confusing, moron.
>>
>>51246800

Well it's pretty obvious that a first time player, coming right out of the games would be trying out the newest edition. Especially since that's the edition advertised IN the games he said he'd just played.
>>
>>51246785

Not him, but you seem super mad that your opinion wasn't accepted as a fact.
>>
>>51239556
>pretty much just a human but with natural medusa extensions + injectors as a metagenetic positive quality
Go simpler; Unusual Hair and Natural Venom, activated like Shockweave.
>>
>>51246884

Kek, what? I offered some help to a beginner, since I'd been in a similar situation before. He claimed I was wrong because he'd had a different experience, then claimed MY different experience wasn't valid.

I'm not mad at all, just defending my point.
>>
>>51244684
>Remember, the legality changes based on where you and we're given it in Seattle.
This is a good point. Shadowrun uses Seattle as the basis for just about everything, unless it's not talking about Seattle. This includes legalities - numbers and letters can change when you go elsewhere.
>>
>>51246969
Nigga, it's a widely accepted consensus on /srg/ that 5e has shit editing but good rules when compared to 4e. You might as well go to a rabbi convention and start preaching about how the Holocaust never happened.
>>
>>51240207
>having a fucking 7lb ballistic plate strapped to your forearm
i mean it looks really cool and overall i like the design but fuck man
>>
>>51247035
>saying 4e is better is akin to denying the holocaust
wow
>>
>>51247040
Do note that there's also a gun underneath the plate, also strapped to the arm.
>>
>>51247035

...that's a hell of an analogy.
>>
>>51247092
I was originally going to say "Israel" instead of "rabbi convention" but then thought "nah, you're not going to get shot for saying 4e is better on /srg/".
>>
>>51245436
Why is it cooler? Visually?
Honestly, art is so wildly inconsistent and meaningless in SR (especially for gear) that stressing over it's looks seems fairly silly to me.
>>
>>51247035

Oh, okay, so I shouldn't share my experiences in this thread because there's some sort of consensus on the subject.

You're one to talk about holocaust denying, ya fucking opinion Nazi.
>>
>>51247152
Hey man, I'm just telling you there's no point arguing in an echo chamber.
>>
File: 1430794817610.gif (1MB, 410x195px) Image search: [Google]
1430794817610.gif
1MB, 410x195px
>>51247115
I'll admit, I'm kind of biased against the Warhawk because it's SS and thus presumably single-action, which is a bit silly for something so far in the future.
>>
>>51246683
Shadowrun is the kinda setting where you have to dig deep for information, somewhat fittingly.
>>
>>51247171

It's really just one guy being annoying as hell rather than the whole thread shutting down my opinion.

A lot of people play 4e in these threads, actually.
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
>>51247214
>A lot of people play 4e in these threads, actually.
Gonna need to see a citation on that chummer. I've been in /srg/ for months and 5e questions have always outnumbered 4e questions by a strong margin.
>>
>>51247195
>Shadowrun is the kinda setting where you have to dig deep for information, somewhat fittingly.

Somewhat fittingly I'm digging in the net at 2 AM for information on linked lists in C++, so I can figure out how they work.

I mean, I get the idea, but I don't get why my implementation of it doesn't work.
>>
>>51247182
It's actually SS I think because of the recoil; even with super-strength and recoil reducers the gun jumps up hard enough that you can't accurately double-tap with it, so it's basically just a SS weapon.
I mean, other SS weapons are bolt-action, and others are double-barrel, so really we know that SS has nothing to do at all with mechanical action and more to do with "for various reasons you cannot rapid fire with this gun".
>>
>>51247250
chummer, a lot =/= the majority
a lot of people are faggots like you but they are not the majority
>>
>>51247250
>Gonna need to see a citation on that chummer.

Go read the fucking archives then, you sperg.
>>
File: 1447331451663.gif (1MB, 294x231px) Image search: [Google]
1447331451663.gif
1MB, 294x231px
>>51247289
Huh, didn't think about that. Maybe I'll give the Warhawk another look at.
>>
>>51247296
And yet, I'd only estimate that there 5 people in /srg/ who play 4e tops.

>>51247323
No need to, I was there for them.
>>
>>51247329
With good Pistols and a Specialization in Heavy Pistols it makes for a NICE sidearm with good ammo, especially for non-shoots focused characters.
My decker carries one, and though everyone else easily outstrips his damage capabilities, with EX rounds even one solid shot of a Warhawk will hurt like a motherfucker even to well-armored enemies and will cripple or knock down lighter ones, so I definitely contribute to damage at least a little.
>>
>>51247333
>No need to, I was there for them.

So was I? Why would I make this up? I've talked about 4e plenty of times in these threads. Why are you so invested in this? I thought 5e was more confusing than 4e, that's it. You're not going to magically change my opinion by being a giant douche.
>>
>>51246557
>monofilament whip character in 5th ed.

Fingertip compartment + monowhip. Have one of the deadliest weapons in the game right at your fingertips to be extended or retracted as needed. Just don't plan on scratching your nose with that hand until it's retracted. Ouch.

It should go without saying that you want high agility and max ranks in Exotic Weapon(Monofilament Whip). Edge will help you avoid glitching and hitting yourself.

Be mindful that someday you might want to avoid killing someone, so have a good backup for when/if that happens.
>>
>>51247396
>Why would I make this up?
Because you're mad as fuck and think you can get away telling lies on the internet.
>>
>>51247433

How am I mad at all? I'm not stating any facts, it's just my opinion, omae. You're the one going full "4e is worse than the holocaust" on our asses.
>>
>>51247433

Did 4e touch you when you were a kid
>>
>>51247456
>missing the entire point of the analogy
It wasn't about whether or not your opinion was correct, it was about the fact that you were espousing it a group that considered your opinion to be objectively wrong and would dismiss any arguments for it out of hand because groupthink, meaning that espousing your opinion would be pointless if not counterproductive.
>>
I attempted to make a Rigger. Are autosofts a decent replacement for actual rigging or should I reshuffle my skills to be better at Air/Walker drones? Also do the bonus to Social Dicepools from Yertzed Out vehicles/drones stack if multiple vehicles/drones are on display?

http://pastebin.com/wpWqyBam
>>
>>51247528

There is no group, it's literally just you.
>>
>>51247528
>meaning that espousing your opinion would be pointless if not counterproductive.

Get that /pol/ shit out fo here. Everyone's welcome to voice their opinion, especially in a niche as fuck thread like fucking Shadowrun General.
>>
>>51247540
Two guys so far, actually. Plus all the guys who have in previous threads stated that they believe 5e's rules to be superior to those of 4e despite the shitty editing. By contrast, this is the first time I've heard anyone claim that 4e's rules were superior.
>>
>>51247591

I'm not saying they're superior, I'm saying it was easier for me to understand them, as a beginner. 5e's confusing editing made the rules seem more confusing then they were, 4AE was a much nicer book to read.

That's it. That's my experience, regardless of how many people might prefer 5e.
>>
>>51247643
>picking the inferior rules because they're better edited
So you're a moron?
>>
>>51247532
For what it's worth, I liked it.

Chuckled at someone actually taking breast implants 2.0
>>
File: 1484058737713.gif (44KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
1484058737713.gif
44KB, 700x368px
>>51247683

Whatever you say, my man. I wish you the best of luck in trying to engage in a successful social interaction some day.
>>
>>51247683
>>51247739
Get a room and fuck already ffs.
>>
>>51247739
You are a moron though. If a system is hard to learn, that's a problem for as long as it takes to learn the system. If the rules are bad, that's a problem for as long as you're playing the game.
>>
>>51247692
Was going for a sort of Rob Zombie kinda theme. Figured I have the Hellhound, Catepillar, and drones yertzed out in skeleton themes.
>>
File: 1483772704958.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483772704958.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>51247807

The rules being badly organized do make them bad. There's lots of ambiguous and badly thought out rules in the book, and that makes them hard to use.

I mean, the fucking Heal spell is written in an ambiguous and confusing way, and the math makes no sense.
>>
>>51247899
Sounds pretty cool.

Doesn't explain the tits though.
>>
File: 1409629429712.jpg (547KB, 963x830px) Image search: [Google]
1409629429712.jpg
547KB, 963x830px
>>51247928
>>
File: the_truth.png (73KB, 325x239px) Image search: [Google]
the_truth.png
73KB, 325x239px
>>51247928
>>
>>51247981
Yeah but you don't need 2.0 for those.
>>
>>51248007
chummer, this is not a question of "why"
it is a question of "why not"
>>
File: 1362556150536.jpg (115KB, 322x340px) Image search: [Google]
1362556150536.jpg
115KB, 322x340px
>>51248007
/srg/ - Tiddy Optimization General
>>
>>51248110
come on chummer
/srg/ is far more than that
/srg/ - Trash and Whores General
/srg/ - Dragon Sex General
/srg/ - Edition Wars General
/srg/ - FTL Cars General
>>
File: talent.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
talent.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>>51248007
>you don't need 2.0
>>
File: Retarded Me.webm (695KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
Retarded Me.webm
695KB, 334x250px
>>51244517
>Jackpoint

>not Shadowland

>not using it as a space to talk about the good parts of Shadowrun and let CGL know their special snowflake jackpointers don't have a space there
>>
Monofilament whip guy here again.

While I've sketched out some 'ware and some qualities to take, I've just been made aware that winners DO in fact, do drugs. Are there any pharmaceuticals I should be abusing mid-run? And if so, how do I not die from them?
>>
>>51248073
>>51248110
>>51248194
It's true though. All 2.0 gives you over regular breast implants is the ability to change size. Honestly, you're better off getting bigger boobs through bioscupting because
1) They'll feel real because, well, they are real. Or at least they're made out of the real stuff.
2) You can kill 2 (make that 3) birds with 1 stone and fill your breasts and hips with fat taken from your waist.
>>
>>51248257
Scenario

Bad Guy: Mwuhaha, Tits McGee, I have snuggly secured you in these ropes. I will now leave to prepare your deathtrap.
Tits: Now to shrink and escape.
>>
>>51247532
Autosofts can be. It depends on what you're using them for. Autosoft movement is usually good enough for things not the escape vehicle, although you may want to get some skills there for emergencies.

Also, why only one 2.0 implant? Evening things outs? (I think they're the only normally paired thing that's mentioned as being sold separately.)
>>
>>51248301
>Bad Guy: Mwuhaha, Tits McGee, I have snuggly secured you in these ropes. I will now leave to prepare your deathtrap.
No no anon, that's when you seduce him into having kinky bondage hatesex long enough for your friends to show up.
>>
>>51248336
Thus triggering the almost-but-not-quite emotionally dead and possibly autistic street samurai to murder you both mid-coitus in a hail of assault rifle fire when he kicks in the door because he was secretly crushing on you and seeing you with Bad Guy breaks whats left of his heart?
>>
>>51248605
Eugh. Bad end, but he really should've known you were a slut.
>>
>>51248639
>being a slut
No thanks, chummer.
>>
File: elysium-smg.jpg (45KB, 461x640px) Image search: [Google]
elysium-smg.jpg
45KB, 461x640px
>>51238015
>>51238015
Last thread someone commented on how he has an entire folder of guns that he uses to act as stand-ins for Shadowrun guns.

Can you post that folder through imgur or some shit, good samaritan?
>>
>>51248175
You forgot the most important one
>/srg/ - Cyberdicks General
>>
File: 1465946790.jpg (26KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1465946790.jpg
26KB, 500x312px
Guize, looking for a fic from somewhere on /tg/ about an elf shadowrunner who gets captured after a failed run and has a pfix installed to make her a sex slave, told from her perspective. Anyone know where I can find it? Wasn't in the smut index.

Purely for research purposes, obviously.
>>
File: Drugs.gif (409KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs.gif
409KB, 800x612px
>>51248236
>And if so, how do I not die from them?

>not dying a coked-out battle fury

You're not a real razorgirl at all.

Kamikaze is a solid choice for a consistent combat drug. Good benefits, and lasts a long while. Don't speedball it, do get a Nephretic Screen.
>>
>>51248946
>dying a coked-out battle fury
Oh please, I've got a streetsam who's kicked plenty of ass and he does drugs recreationally. Only 0.02 Essence though.
>>
>>51248639
Didn't you know anon? Autists have a dice pool penalty when it comes to recognizing sluts until their nature has been revealed.
>>
>>51249106
>he doesn't know
>>
File: Ruger Super Warhawk.png (198KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger Super Warhawk.png
198KB, 900x500px
>>51248798
I only have 7 or 8 images, its a work in continual progress.

>>51248236
Jazz is great for hitting the 5d6 initiative cap.
>>
>>51248946

>Don't speedball it

It's like you don't want to have fun
>>
>>51249261
>hitting the 5d6 initiative cap.
Jesus fuck man, that's just asking your GM to unleash a cyberzombie on you.
>>
File: Smartgun External.jpg (20KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
Smartgun External.jpg
20KB, 540x405px
>>51249074
Everyone does drugs regularly, you homebody. Anon wants to know what kind of combat-grade stimulants, fear suppressors, dopamine inducers, and costives he needs to kill folks.

Also, >>51248236 spring for the customized grade stuff from Chrome Flesh, with the appropriate dealer as a contact. Worth the price.

Here's a gun pic.
>>
>>51249343
Sorry, I forgot one key word in that sentence:
>Oh please, I've got a streetsam who's kicked plenty of ass and he only does drugs recreationally.
>>
>>51249317
I find poetic beauty in a 0.02 Essence Street Samurai high on combat drugs fighting a cyberzombie, preferably with cyberimplant weapons.
>>
>>51249542
>WHO ARE YOU!?
>>I'M YOU, BUT WITH USED-WARE BECAUSE THAT'S MECHANICALLY MORE OPTIMAL
>>
File: Mirror, Mirror.png (569KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror, Mirror.png
569KB, 800x600px
>>51249618
>Goatee 2.0 - 0.1 Essence, 3,000 nYen
>>
File: 1478201388254.jpg (235KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478201388254.jpg
235KB, 1200x1200px
>>51247532
>http://pastebin.com/wpWqyBam

Are you sure you've spent all your skill points? I swear that B prio should go way farther than that.

Criticisms, no particular order:
- I assume you put weapons on the rotodrones (and others), and they just aren't showing up, right?
- Assuming you've armed your drones with Assault Rifles (based on that ammo), you should at least buy the appropriate targeting autosoft and share it on your RCC, otherwise those drones won't be able to pull the trigger. Get a copy of the smartsoft to share, too, because you can't use shared autosofts and drone-run autosofts at the same time.
- You have a few skills that have specializations with no points - I don't think that's legal.
- Sneaking (vehicles) isn't a thing. Consider the Subtle Pilot quality instead
- AFAIK you need to buy 2 breast implant 2.0s, given how it says they're sold separately, but this is super minor
- You've taken mechanic skills, but they aren't much use unless you buy some tool kits (or shops, if you're going to get fancy with your engineering)
- Pollutants are (probably) a common allergen
- 7's a kind of bare-bones pool for piloting walkers and rotodrones when they're your main offensive drones, but it's not a problem if your piloting won't get too fancy.
- General charop: consider buying the rank-1 skills you have (pilot air/walker) with Karma, so you can put those points into higher-ranking skills
- Seriously consider getting ranks in Electronic warfare, hardware, and software. You can't default on these, and they're super useful for the matrix side of rigging
- You forgot to yerz out your Hellhound. You gotta Rating 4 yerz that thing for maximum pimpage.
>>
>>51250324
>Breast implants are sold separately
Just when I think I've seen the stupidest shit in 5e, someone points out something even dumber.
>>
>>51250438
What if you had a mastectomy and only want one? Or you want a three-boobed prostitute who can quote lines from 20th century movies?
>>
>>51248870
Except no more, chummer won't let me add cosmetic cyberware to limbs anymore, annoying because I can't correct for >>51250324.
>>
Is it possible to fill to fill a smoke grenade with inhaled or contact drugs instead of inhaled or contact toxins? I'm looking through Chrome Flesh and some of this drugs would be fucking hilarious if you could put them into a smoke grenade.
>>
>>51250324
>Dat image.

Fuck, i need to roll up a runner with a qt 3.14 autistic vampire girlfriend who tries to pull the "sexual predator" gig but just cant pull it off now matter how hard she tries to do it and "SEX IS FOR NORMIES ANYWAYS."
>>
>>51250551
Hey what gives? >>51250565 is right I can't make a character with a cyberarm full of dicks!
>>
File: 7f6375e96168cce1f36dff5a9e93b40d.jpg (147KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
7f6375e96168cce1f36dff5a9e93b40d.jpg
147KB, 751x1063px
>>51250576
Put him in the same party as the rigger who's "wife" is actually an I-doll with Realistic Features 4, sexual mods and a Pilot of 6. Just kidding there's no way you could get afford that at chargen. It's actually an AI in the previously described I-Doll.
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 305x87px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 305x87px
>>51250565
>>51250620
Use the nightlies.
>>
>>51250551
Cybereyes come in pairs and you might only want one of those, or how about that it cost the same to raise a stat in a partial limb (or for that matter a hand) as a full arm? And it's not well highlighted, and easy to miss. Plus for a correcting a mastectomy you'd be unlikely to get the scale-able 2.0 tits, I can't see them being useful except in pairs, so you can alter your appearance. It's another one of these thing where the game falls victim to it's schiziod inability to pick between being detail oriented or streamlined and simplified, and always seems to make the wrong choice glossing over important information (how cyberlimb averaging works). but flooding the books with inconsequential noise, (needing two breast implants - which is also an awful essence/capacity tax, the constant fluff chatter -which often is not reflected in anyway in item statistics).
>>
>>51250630
That image is realistic features 2 at max.
>>
>>51250716
I know, but all the relevant realistic features 4 on my hard drive can't be posted on a blue board.
>>
>>51246683
There is a whole source book on dragons, The Clutch of Dragons. And if that's not enough for you, read the Earthdawn dragon source book, The Book of Dragons.
>>
>>51250689
On that note, how DOES cyberlimb averaging work anyways?
>>
File: Zompyr.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Zompyr.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51250324
>I assume you put weapons on the rotodrones (and others), and they just aren't showing up, right?

They aren't showing up. I have Colt M23s on each Roto, and 2 on the Hellhound.

>Assuming you've armed your drones with Assault Rifles (based on that ammo), you should at least buy the appropriate targeting autosoft and share it on your RCC, otherwise those drones won't be able to pull the trigger. Get a copy of the smartsoft to share, too, because you can't use shared autosofts and drone-run autosofts at the same time.

Also not showing up. Each Roto has a Smartsoft.

>You have a few skills that have specializations with no points - I don't think that's legal.

Chummer being weird.

>Sneaking (vehicles) isn't a thing. Consider the Subtle Pilot quality instead

Booo

>AFAIK you need to buy 2 breast implant 2.0s, given how it says they're sold separately, but this is super minor

Retarded

>You've taken mechanic skills, but they aren't much use unless you buy some tool kits

Fixed

>Pollutants are (probably) a common allergen

Fixed

>7's a kind of bare-bones pool for piloting walkers and rotodrones when they're your main offensive drones, but it's not a problem if your piloting won't get too fancy.

I was hoping the autosofts in the Roto-Drones and the Duelists would compensate for that.

>General charop: consider buying the rank-1 skills you have (pilot air/walker) with Karma, so you can put those points into higher-ranking skills

Have to move some stuff around, but I'll look into it.

>Seriously consider getting ranks in Electronic warfare, hardware, and software. You can't default on these, and they're super useful for the matrix side of rigging

I have no clue how the matrix works and I stay as far away from it as I can.

>You forgot to yerz out your Hellhound. You gotta Rating 4 yerz that thing for maximum pimpage.

I ran out of money! In Debt XV it is. (Not like many games last long enough to pay it off).
>>
File: 1480607639159.png (672KB, 926x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1480607639159.png
672KB, 926x1518px
>>51250576
It seems great at first but then they kill Triads en mass and you get jumped in your apartment by their enemies and you gotta nuke it and get lost inna Canadian woods.

I'm still booty blasted about that shit.
>>
>>51250955
How are your Canadian/ambiguously NAN adventures going?
>>
File: shadowrun plot hook.jpg (82KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun plot hook.jpg
82KB, 600x563px
So, what's the chance of an AI (who isn't an e-ghost already) developing a libido when placed in a drone modded to have sexual orifices, assuming that they get some sort of feedback from the orifices?
>>
>>51250630
And that adept who was deepdicking a tsun/yandere spirit in a thread way back. You know, for good measure.
>>
>>51250987
They would have to feel it, because they -are- the drone, including features that they wouldn't necessarily have.
>>
>>51250990
>>51250630
>>51250576
And a fourth one, there needs to be a fourth one.
>>
>>51251082
The AI cheerleader, or that build that was theory-crafted involving body charging people with shaped charges strapped to a riot shield.
>>
How about someone who's managed to dip his tail in a drake?
>>
>>51251124
Did he have a weird girlfriend or something?
>>
>>51250861
No-one on earth truly knows.
>>
>>51250978
We play in a couple of days. We were shot down by AZT missiles on the way to our little hide away in the nation formally known as Canada. This was after they froze all of our accounts, burned our fake SINs, and laughed in Spanish.

The bright side is, I can recoup my losses if my team and I knock out some blood mages and sell them to the Draco Foundation. Also, you know, live long enough to do that. And convince my team to go along with that plan.

It's a work in progress.
>>
>>51251144
No, but there's always got to be one forever alone guy, for the pathos.
>>
>>51251156
Do you have any idea where you're going to find these blood mages?
>>
>>51251156
Solid plan anon, but where does dicking your vampire girlfriend factor into this? That seems to be a fairly key element that's somehow missing.
>>
Yo, it's the anon who pissed off his girlfriend by having her character's lover turn out to be a double agent. Bit of an update.

>Homebrew pregnancy tests when girlfriend begins to get sexually active with the Elf traitor six months back.
>Girlfriend's character had sex with the Elf the day before the traitor reveal.
>During today's session, we rule for the pregnancy test.
>Girlfriend's character is preggers with the Elf's child.
>Cue unintended anger at me.
>Use my mad dodging skills to avoid a pencil box filled with dice.
>Quickly hide in the bathroom until she calms down.
>Now banned from the bedroom for three months.
>>
File: keksimus.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>51251194
>Now banned from the bedroom for three months.
In-game, or real time?
>>
>>51251171
Probably in the woods, unless AZT didn't shell out for an extra Jaguar Warrior hitsquad or two to go along with their missiles. That or they contracted a runner team or two.

Look, I'm really just hoping at this point because I miss my apartment. I had Grid Access, man. AA neighborhood, and I could smoke deepweed with the concierge.
>>
>>51251214
Both
>>
File: forty kekarots.png (654KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
forty kekarots.png
654KB, 680x510px
>>51251232
>>
File: 1480472957206.jpg (74KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1480472957206.jpg
74KB, 500x363px
>>51251183
Vampires make enemies, and enemies are indiscriminate in their revenge.

You can only deal with so many Wujen and Tigers and Spirits, oh my.
>>
File: tumblr_oim3jl8jsb1ro8ysbo9_500.png (151KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oim3jl8jsb1ro8ysbo9_500.png
151KB, 500x371px
>>51251232
>>
>>51251254
Love conquers "all" anon, and for everything else theres high-caliber munitions. Which any respectable shadowrunner probably keeps a healthy supply of.
>>
>>51251282
I had a Mutaqua with a high powered HMG, a Force 6 spirit, and AA security. Never underestimate the power of someone else's hatred for your idiot friends.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Invest in some body doubles at a shit tier lifestyle rating.
>>
File: smug rohan.png (734KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug rohan.png
734KB, 1280x720px
>>51251194
>>51251232
Wait wait wait, so, did she pick three months because that's how long it will be until the elf's spawn is going to pop out of her character's crotch, or is she just that mad at you?
>>
>>51251331
Just mad. Not sure how long the half-elves would take to 'develope', can't find any info on it. Not surprising.
>>
>>51251364
Well, at she's invested in her character.
>>
>>51251324
>Never underestimate the power of someone else's hatred for your idiot friends.
>having friends that are idiots
Found your mistake.
>>
>>51251377
Well, before we started playing PnP RPGs, we did a lot of regular roleplaying. She's also an inspiring writer and enjoys making characters she can get attached to. She's one of the best player's I've every had. Even if she has a short temper sometimes.
>>
>>51251415
Soring, I think the word I meant was aspiring. Not inspiring. Not that she's not inspiring either. lol
>>
>>51251415
>Well, before we started playing PnP RPGs, we did a lot of regular roleplaying.
>regular
Funny way of spelling "sexual" you have there.
>>
>>51251401
Hey, this business is brutal. You take friends where you can get them.
>>
>>51251434
We actually don't do much sexual roleplaying. We met online 13 years ago and roleplayed in chat rooms and on forums. Moved to where she lived three years ago after we admitted we loved eachother and I realized that someone 26 years old should REALLY move out of their grandma's basement.

We've been dating for three years and have lived together during the last year. I work at a GameStop in the local mall and she works at the Barnes and Noble in the same mall.
>>
>>51251194
Chummer, I NEED to know how this ends.
>>
>>51251481
Thats so sweet you gave me diabetes you colossal faggot.

In all seriousness, im happy for you man.
>>
>>51251364
Pretty much all metatypes take ~9 months to gestate. In 1st and 2nd Edition orks had a highly increased chance of triplets and quadruplets, but that was quietly shuffled under the rug in 3rd Edition.

Anyway, half-elves aren't a thing and there's a pregnancy quality in Bullets and Bandages.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>51251612
>>
>>51251194
Holy fuck youre a pussywhipped bitch
>>
One last question before I go to bed: why exactly are AIs such shit hackers in 5e? I tried looking at Data Trails, but I'm too drowsy to analyze any of it.
>>
>>51251194
Mmm, you broke the rule anon. "Never shit where you eat." Solo sessions are fun, but a hard session typically allows for downtime after the game to cool off. It's really hard to depressurize in the same bed with the person that got you all salty in the first place.

Of course, now it's time to recreate Kill Bill scene for scene and let her have her winning streak. She can kill off all her old contacts and finally have a showdown against the elf. Make every recurring character say farewell in an epic display, and you may just save your blue balls.
>>
>>51251688
Hey, the punishment is worth the drama happening in the campaign. She still hasn't figured out there's one more traitor, whose working for Shiawase, in her team.
>>
>>51251702
Most of her contacts are still loyal. It's only the Elf's contacts that are also false.

Here's the remaining member's of her team.
>R0N1N a human(?) hacker. His/her primary goal is to disable security. Never seen in person. Uses a holographic 'avatar' to communicate with the rest of the team. The avatar is an androgynous samurai.

>Anthony Wallace, AKA Repoman. He's a human who worked for Shiawase. Now he's a Shadowrunner with two side businesses, a Street Doc and collecting bioware for less than legal organizations to resell. Since he went to an Ivy League University for Medical training to be a surgeon, he's actually a fairly decent Street Doc. May or may not also be feeding information to Shiawase and I may or may not have a boner for double agents.

>Elivia, AKA Shortstack, a Gnome Rigger who serves as the team's getaway driver. She's also a former Trid stunt driver. Likes to drive fast and dangerously, which often has my girlfriend's character freaking out.

>Bob is a Drone Rigger and Human. He's also a redneck who tries to constantly improve Elivia's car by add 'moar guns, cus dis is 'merica damnit!'. REALLY loves potato chips and biscuits and gravy. Also has a troll fetish.
>>
>>51251705
I'd be careful about that because If she keeps on getting betrayed the effect is going to become cheap and make the original betrayal have less impact.
>>
>>51251741
Elivia sounds incredibly cute and Bob sounds like a 40k ork in a better setting. I'd enjoy seeing these two on adventures together.
>>
>>51251750
It's just this one last guy. The rest of her NPC teams and contacts are loyal to her.
>>
>>51245436
I usually just grab a Savalette Guardian as my decker's first and last firearm. SMGs are probably the better pick strictly speaking, but none of them seem as sleek. R3 gas vent on that eliminates any concern for recoil too, which means no negative modifiers on a non-prioritized roll for the build.
>>
>>51245436
I really like how the Ares Predator looks, and since I like pistol adepts I usually end up getting one, even if the Savalette Guardian might be a bit better.
>>
>>51245436
PSK-3 collapsible pistol.

I like the idea of pulling out a small box, pressing a button, and suddenly having a gun in my hand.
>>
File: Prawn.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Prawn.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So for some reason I can't get the idea of a heavy weapons orc out of my mind. And South Afrikaans to boot.

Anyone ever played a street sam that was lugging an actual fuckoff huge gun ? How did you go about concealing it.
>>
>>51252438
>How did you get about concealing it?

You don't.
>>
Are the laser gun weapons worth using for anything except cool factor?
>>
>>51250689
Cybereyes, at least, are given the same explanation that Cyberears are given for coming in pairs.

Because not doing that can cause an imbalance in vision/hearing, and those can cause some serious stuff.

Like, most reported hauntings are typically caused by sounds that are high enough to register on the ear, but also low enough to not register as audible sound and that causes most of the hallucinations or thoughts that lead to seeing the haunting.

Imagine what that could do, but all the time because you have one ear that can hear the sound and one that can't.

Or the new glasses sensation, but worse because one eye won't adjust.

Not that implants being sold singly isn't stupid, but as long as you're not getting into silly levels of accounting for weight and encumbrance, it doesn't matter too much.
>>
>>51252500
They're worth using for corporate drones and security.
>>
>>51252500
reasons I pulled out of my ass:
>No bullet casings means less of a footprint on a run.
>ammo is rechargeable / you could simply plug in if you're holding a position and fire away
>sweet armor pen melts cover and the people behind it
>>
>>51252699
Unless otherwise noted, all guns in SR fire caseless ammo. The other 2 points are legit though.
>>
>>51252699
In SR most guns are caseless by default.
>>
>>51252438
A huge girl in a huge burka. Or a fit but not so huge girl and a small arsenal.
>>
>>51239449
I've played at least one character who always suspected he'd die that way.
>>
>>51241664
People get over excited when they heavy machine gun. Not all machine guns will turn you into a pink mist if they so much as touch you. All a machine gun is is a gun designed for sustained fully automatic fire, often more with the intent of making someone keep their head down rather then mowing down dozens of people.

Real life combat tactics do no translate well to games. It's because, and I know people will argue with us, real life combat isn't really as lethal as people think.

Most soldiers will survive war.
>>
>>51248110
>>51248175
>>51248870

And of course, good old
>/srg/ - Cyborg Catgirl General
>>
>>51241580
I love it.
>The feds ask elves and dragons what to do about bug spirits
>The feds nuke Chicago
>>
>>51243068
People think nuke=blows up half the planet.

Some people can't wrap their head around that besides the radiation (which I want to say the SR bomb didn't even actually have as it was magical in nature, might be remembering that incorrectly though) it's just a big ass bomb.
>>
>>51250551
All kidding aside that's one more the more common reasons to need a breast implant and thus, much as in the real world, they are sold one tit at a time.

Just because most people buy two doesn't mean they are only available in pairs.
>>
>>51243068
The nuke didn't blow out the glass more then about 100m away. It did however blow a 150m deep hole in the ground, and close to 100% of the fallout remained within 50m or less of ground zero. Citywide cancer rates are closer to Denver than Pripyat. It also put the majority of the bugs into a tapor, where thankfully they remained untill FABed upon.

Nuclear Physics in a Manasphere don't make any god damn sense, which is why Japan is a world power instead of a smoking ruin ruled by Koreans and why so many cities, like Seattle for example, feature a partly melted down nuclear plant in their more blighted areas.
>>
>>51253233
>which I want to say the SR bomb didn't even actually have as it was magical in nature
The bomb was mundane; the barrier that was put up over it was not. Even without the barrier, the explosive yield was not as high as expected.
>>
File: 1481483729620.jpg (411KB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1481483729620.jpg
411KB, 1500x1073px
>>51253214
>>
>>51254240
That's not as offensive as most cyborg catgirls. Take distinctive style and I'll allow it.
>>
File: 1483256034150.png (1001KB, 2574x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1483256034150.png
1001KB, 2574x1668px
>>51254274
I like your approach.
>>
File: 1481422567583.jpg (622KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1481422567583.jpg
622KB, 1280x1811px
>>51254274
You seem fun, heres to me wishin i'd get a chance to play in one of your games at some point.

Also, how about this one?
>>
>>51254294
I think that's even less catlike than the previous one.
>>
>>51254294
I agree, this seems more mild on the catgirl side, but I still like it.
>>
>>51254322
'ts one of my favorite pieces of "shadowrun-esque" art that i've got floatin' around on my harddrive. At some point in the future i wanna try and make a (mild) burnout physadept based off of it.
>>
Is looking like a scary mass of cloth with a mask a distinctive style, or is that pretty common murderer fashion?
>>
File: GUZA5Ij[1].jpg (120KB, 960x616px) Image search: [Google]
GUZA5Ij[1].jpg
120KB, 960x616px
>>51254340
Speaking of shadowrun art, this showed up on my facebook a while back. Thought you'd like it.

>>51254348
If you take the quality and play it up, then it's fine. Go be a cyberpsycho scarecrow.
>>
>>51254357
I love how unbothered by the whole thing he seems while the only guy in the background who's not a corpse is clearly in the process of loosing his shit.
>>
File: Abilene.jpg (297KB, 1275x1367px) Image search: [Google]
Abilene.jpg
297KB, 1275x1367px
So, I'm running Shadowrun for a group of new folks, and ended up being one player short - it was suggested that I run a DM-NPC, and while I dont like doing that, I agreed. I specifically made a character to help out where the team was weak.
>player 1 - ex-Ares specforce commando, tons of cyber, infiltration specialist, silenced weapons and blades, also party face and team leader
>player 2, former Lone Star tech specialist, hacker\rigger and team wheelman, spec'd for shotguns but is mostly all tech (also team armorer)
>player 3, tir elf shaman of the wheel, shadowruns as a way to test herself against adversity, but very rookie, not many spells, lots of room to grow

The DM-NPC I made:
>former Lone Star detective, blacklisted when his dirty unit pinned a shitton of corruption and two murders on him - charges went away when the changeover happened
>notoreity for being a dirty cop
>tons of CI contacts
>spec'd for Pistols and Assault Rifles
>12 armor, 8 Body, 16 physical wound track, 12 stun track, 20 dice for damage resist tests
>designed to be a guntank, and soak up bullets for the Shaman since the ares specforce commando can't do it (and wont do it)
>lots of investigation skills
>personal storyline involving a vendetta with the Vory, and his old unit of dirty cops who have now become a criminal syndicate
>alcoholic

Thoughts? Too cliche?
>>
>>51254392
>DM-NPC
So ... the NPC? Or the DMPC you're trying to obfuscate?
>>
>>51254407

Oh, maybe I didn't explain it right - I'm running a PC as the GM, playing him like the 4th team member
>>
>>51254445
Running a DMPC to shore up the party in the wake of someone no-showing is fine as long as they don't steal the show.
>>
File: Cavalier Deputy.jpg (82KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cavalier Deputy.jpg
82KB, 600x300px
>>51254461
>as long as they don't steal the show

Thats kinda why I asked for opinions on the character. I don't like the idea of running a DMPC because it has a massively negative connotation. So I wanted to make the guy a support character - able to lay on heavy fire when its needed, and able to take heavy fire when things go to shit. Investigation skills (since no one is a dedicated investigator), and CI contacts (5 of them) since everyone was rather light on contacts and stuck to making contacts to get them things (instead of info).

I took the Dragonfall approach and gave him a personal story that, if they want too, the Players can pursue - but its not mandatory. Each of the players has a personal story as well, and I tend to break up a Shadowrun campaign between plot runs, unrelated runs, and character story runs.
>>
>>51254492
That's not a bad approach. If you pick up a fourth, keep him around as a Johnson/hireable runner, pursuing his vendetta and looking for help.
>>
>>51254492
Nah, it's okay. It's execution that matters here.

If you really want the character to be able to take a beating, though, he needs more than 20 soak.
>>
File: XyWQ1h8[1].jpg (132KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
XyWQ1h8[1].jpg
132KB, 1000x680px
Would you run with a 19-year old wiz-kid rigger and her BFF Killenstein the Deathmachine?
>>
File: 1414888226663.jpg (76KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
1414888226663.jpg
76KB, 1000x574px
>>51254525

Probably will - I'm still not even sure I'm going to need him considering one character is a Rigger, and the other is a spirit-focused Shaman. I'm going to run the characters through Food Fight and a Run after that, to see if they need the guy, or if they're just fine without him

>>51254537
Oh? I figured that would be overkill - I'm more worried about dropping to Stun considering his stun track is much smaller then his Physical track
>>
>>51254546

My druggie Face\Gunslinger would, hell yeah. Anything to make his Ninja teammate mad
>>
>>51254554
>I'm more worried about dropping to Stun considering his stun track is much smaller then his Physical track

Doesn't matter. He'll die faster from physical wounds than get KO'ed. With 20 dice, you ignore on average 6-7 damage. Any attack hitting will whittle him down for 1-3 boxes and he'll go down fast.

Jack that up to 30+ (which is ridiculously easy to do with a BOD 8 Ork) and walk through small arms fire unscathed.
>>
>>51254598

Huh, and I thought I was doing pretty good

How would you suggest? At the moment hes built like this...
>Tough as Nails rank 3 (+3 wound boxes)
>Kevlar Bone Lace
>Dermal Plate level 2
>SWAT Armor

So its actually 14 Armor, around 22 for Damage Resist tests
>>
>>51254638
>Swat armor

I think you can beat that with armor jacket, helmet/ballistic mask/forearm guards/the 3 piecemeal armor kits. There's probably some other stuff you could use that'd outperform those, but then you're getting into milspec stuff a cop probably wouldn't have access to.
>>
>>51254638
Budget version. Start with:
>-BOD 8
>-Toughness
>-Titanium Bone Lacing
That's a base of 15 soak dice naked

Then, for casual wear:
>-Armored Jacket/Executive Suite
>-Helmet/fancy Ballistic Mask
>-Vambraces
Which brings him up to 30 without really looking like he's armored (yeah he's wearing a helmet or a mask to keep the crud out of his face... Woah!). Replace all that with Full-Body Armor (or any other heavy armor) for when drek hits the fan to crank it up even higher.

If you want even more, then you can add an Orthoskin and Cyberlimbs with armor mods, but that becomes quickly a lot more expensive.
>>
>>51245436
Ruger Thunderbolt.

Except it's not in 5e.
>>
File: 1449751944080.jpg (463KB, 2560x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1449751944080.jpg
463KB, 2560x1584px
>>51254670
>>51254715

Huh, cool - yeah I'll go do a quick rebuild. IIRC, Titanium Bone Lacing is expensive as hell
>>
>>51254735
You'll probably be OK if you're not at 30, but you want ti higher than 20. The troll in my game has 28 (spent some resources on offensive upgrades rather than titanium lacing) and he took an explosive gyroget round to the face and took like 4 stun.
>>
>>51254735
30k nuyen base cost. If you make him according to the general chargen rules, you'll need to take it used due to availability issues, which brings it down to 22k5.

Multiple cyberlimbs (which is the other golden way to get a lot of armor) quickly become much more expensive than that, especially if you want them to be stronger and faster than your base meat.
>>
File: 1453801659329799.png (321KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
1453801659329799.png
321KB, 396x554px
anyone experimented with having a pet that is awakened? perhaps having telethapy to communicate with you?
>>
>>51254715
Man that reminds me of the time we were after a vampire for extraction and got into a punching match with him.
He could hit me but deal no damage with my 33 dices soak and I dealt damage but couldn't hit him most of the time.
All this ended when he decided to start throwing weapons at the rest of the team and I opened up with full out on his ass in response.
>>
File: M4 Revolver.jpg (228KB, 932x518px) Image search: [Google]
M4 Revolver.jpg
228KB, 932x518px
>>51254790
>>51254756

Alright, with some shuffling, this is what I've got now...

>SWAT Armor
>12\10
>Titanium Bone Lace
>+1\+1
>+3 Damage Resist Test
>Cyberarm Armor Rating 4
>+4\+4
>Toughness
>+1 Damage Resist Test

Total, that comes out to an Armor Value of 17\15 with a Damage Resist Test around 29.

The only problem this is presenting is encumbrance, a -1 to Agility and Reaction
>>
>>51254942
I don't think cyberware encumbers you, only extra armor like helmets/riot shields/etc.
>>
>>51254976

Ahh, it mentioned "Cumulative with all forms of Armor" and so I figured that also figured into Armor Encumbrance

Either way, I'm pretty much stuck without adding some extras (which will trigger encum).

Also, most of this cyberware is secondhand standard (or 1st generation), and as such, his Essence is trash. I made a few things at standard, just to bring essence from .70 to 1.10
>>
>>51254546
Got a cybered, bio-ed, and genegeneered Techno gunbunny that would not only run with, but offer to make Killenstein work better.
>>
File: 40294767_p0_master1200.jpg (172KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
40294767_p0_master1200.jpg
172KB, 469x600px
Hello /tg/

I came to you the other day, asking about how would someone deal with playing a cute and resourceful AI, without being an obnoxious faggot, and generally being liked by the party without resorting to obvious sexual stuff. (The goal was to be a face/hacker/rigger, there.)

Just passing by to tell it turned out pretty nice. The most of the group doesn't actually know my character is an AI yet, but they elected her party leader pretty fast. They think she's a disabled person trying to gain some money. The only one knowing she's an AI is a rigger, that offered her to live in his manservant drone so she can have a body when she feels like having one. He also began to modify it so it's more comfortable to live in it.

I think I ended up being the party waifu really fast. Everything is going just as keikaku right now.
>>
>>51255506
If you don't daterape them all and install biodrone interface I'll be disappointed
>>
File: file.png (207KB, 323x550px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
207KB, 323x550px
>>51254800
One of my players got adopted by a blackberry cat once.
>>51255506
>Everything is going just as keikaku right now.
>>
File: Glory.jpg (136KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
Glory.jpg
136KB, 600x840px
I got a question: what are the best modules for Shadowrun 5e in your opinion? Why are they good?
>>
>>51254800
Fuck off, Thomas
>>
>>51254800
My street-trash shota hacker has a pet Bastet, an E-Cat, that he's bonded with. It gets to access the speech parts of his brain and learns how to talk, he protects and feeds it, it opens doors and vending machines for him. Win-Win.
>>
>>51255916
>got adopted by a blackberry cat
>adopted by
Yekka, you cant just say something like that and not elaborate
>>
>>51255506
>He also began to modify it so it's more comfortable to live in it.

Is that code for 'he's going to staple robo-boobs' to it?
>>
>>51255506
>how would someone deal with playing a cute and resourceful AI
How would someone build one?
>>
File: clip (2016-11-26 at 10.50.10).png (1MB, 1400x2430px) Image search: [Google]
clip (2016-11-26 at 10.50.10).png
1MB, 1400x2430px
>>51254800
Do free spirits count?
>>
>>51255928
Splintered State is really the only good one. It has decent writing, reasonable challenges, allows for player agency, and most importantly it has maps.

My group tried the missions, but they just seemed to focus on showcasing the different areas of Chicago more than providing decent content.
I looked at the prime runner missions, #1 was too caught up jacking itself off about what the Johnsons scheme was to give a mission that needed prime runners. It's an assassination where the Johnson gets you past security with zero issues and you have an easy way our provided. Mission 2 you go to a master Shedim's home plane to kill him. There's not a lot for your face, decker, rigger, or infiltrator to do.

Denver has something close to passable, you just need to do some editing. The convention job compilations London Falling and Firing Line are meh too.
>>
>>51256013
Thank you: I think I will look into those and see if I can make some adjustments in case that's needed.
>>
>>51256005
Enjoy having you and your "pet" killed once anyone sees it
>>
>>51256046
Debatable. Remember, while the sixth world has bug spirits, it also has a pretty popular line of bug themed cosmetic mods. So while you'll trigger flashbacks in the veterans, there's also a bunch of people who are somehow completely oblivious. I blame increasing levels of trid brainwashing.
>>
>>51256090
The Aztec did this! Kill them all on sight! We won't let what happened in Chicago happen again!
>>
File: file.png (525KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
525KB, 1024x768px
>>51255984
>party was hired to free research subjects from a laboratory somewhere in the SOX and retrieve or trash any research data there
>Face managed to leverage corporate contacts to acquire an address for the laboratory in the form of a shipping manifest...
>>"Wait, what the dick is 'Nepeta cataria'? Isn't Nepeta that playstation chick? What the hell are they doing in this lab?"
>Decker's in the middle of a prank war with his nemesis and can't identify it
>Street sam is the only one to pass the chemistry test
>Street sam (Troll with distinctive features, looks almost exactly like Hellboy) grins and places a special order with his drug dealer
>Party breaks in to the lab successfully, only to find that A) the research subjects are all cats, B) the cats are mostly hooked up to weird MRI machines and C) the street sam had ordered a liquid distillation of catnip for his cyberlimb's steamers
>S-K reinforcements on the way, GTFO!
>Party breaks out, street sam now has movement penalties from living carpet of catflesh surrounding him in every direction
>Suddenly stops stock still, turns around and bolts further into the lab, drawing fire from the approaching guards
>Emerges a couple of minutes later, a tiny kitten delicately held in the cyber-hand with jets of catnip-laced steam still puffing up out of it
>Cats are all escorted into the care of the johnson, except for one
>Decker hands over paydata, code of honour having prevented him from reading anything except the title. 'So uh, what exactly IS this Project Cordyceps?'

It actually turned out to be a great turning point for the street sam player, he got WAY more into the roleplay aspect of the game as he started doing things 'the kitten wanted him to do', started buying off his negative qualities and such.
>>
File: 1390196427175.jpg (518KB, 1700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1390196427175.jpg
518KB, 1700x1000px
I'm finally going to do it.
I'm going to run a short SR campaign this February while a member of the gaming group won't be able to come to our usual weekly DH game.

So far I'm going to re-read the 5ed core rulebook and I've already thought the general lines of the short campaign. The PCs will be runners taking a break from their original area of work after a disastrous run to take a job overseas, in the MAGICAL LANDS OF JAPAN.

What should I expect as a first time GM for SR?
Any tips for the particular setting I've chosen?
>>
>>51256555
Canonically, SR's Japan is:
- Racist against all metahumans. Yes the Emperor allowed metas not to be deported to Yomi Island anymore, but that hasn't solved the underlying problem.
- Supremacist. Filthy Gaijin go home!
- Has the strictest control you can imagine on firearms. NO FIREARMS TO CIVILIANS, PERIOD! (Hence they all slice each other up with katanas.)

As long as you keep that in mind and add a couple "Traditional Japan" clichés, you should do fine.
>>
>>51256635
Unless you're playing Japanese Shadowrun. Then, from what I hear, all that mysteriously disappears.
>>
>>51256664
Well, yeah... It's a caricature of pre-WW2 Imperial Japan mixed with the 70ies - 80ies fear their growing economy would overtake the rest of the world; all taken to the extreme.

Not really surprising an edition meant for actual Japanese tones that down quite a bit.
>>
>>51256090
>it also has a pretty popular line of bug themed cosmetic mods
There's also a bit in Chrome Flesh discussing how these people tend to get shot.
>>
File: Happy Gus.jpg (129KB, 1200x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Gus.jpg
129KB, 1200x1484px
>>51251232
>>
>>51253216
The question is, was the advice to use nuclear weapons, or did they just decide to do that anyways.
>>
>>51254670
>>51254715
>stacking helmet with ballistic mask

Riddle me this: If helmet and ballistic mask were actually meant to stack, then why would it give +4 armor instead of the +3 given by every fully head-covering helmet in the game, including the hardened heavy milspec battle armor helmet?
>>
>>51257048
Your failure at reading comprehension amuses me.
>>
File: 1475024864928.png (5MB, 2540x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1475024864928.png
5MB, 2540x3500px
>>51256720
Just stay away from trigger-happy MuricaCorp and you're fine. They're the ones who would go around geeking random folks with novelty antennae and screaming FLESH FORMS!

The line was popular, which means that the majority of people are capable of keeping their shit together and not making it more trouble than it's worth for transhumans.
>>
>>51257162
>Just stay away from trigger-happy MuricaCorp and you're fine.
What are you, stupid? Where else am I supposed to buy the best guns and ballistic armor on the market?
>>
>>51257162
Chummer, If I see someone that looks like he may be a flesh form I'm gonna shoot him
if he is I just saved our asses
if he isn't then it was his own fault for looking that way
>>
>>51257334
But you are a violent criminal who regularly commits international terrorism, likley mentally unstable from a lifetime of violence, poverty, and Essence loss. You're not the average citizen.
>>
>>51257358
>likley mentally unstable from a lifetime of violence, poverty, and Essence loss
That applies to far more than just runners.
>>
>>51257358
eh doesn't the last part apply to 30% of the population? Maybe more? Or is it just sarcasm?Hard to notice without any intonation.
Also we need new thread.
>>
>>51255997

nope, it's code for removing the "be a good robot-slave and shut up" limitators basic anthropomorphic drones have.

>>51256002

Do you mean by the rules? Because if so, I did it by having charisma and social skills, and having the "emulate" quality, which is basically like having any skill ever, and being able to help anyone on any action with many dices.

If you mean by fluff, that particulary AI comes from a japanese virtual home program for lonely people, which went "rogue" from having had her first patron die by suicide.

(Was inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg)
>>
>>51256664
You're thinking of the very early editions. The latest stuff is more or less a straight translation.
>>
>>51257530
>Also we need new thread.
currently making it
>>
File: Funposting.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Funposting.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>51257581
Not if I get there first!
>>
>>51257544
>and having the "emulate" quality, which is basically like having any skill ever,
There's no emulate 'quality' (as in positive quality) available, and the emulate ability AIs innately have basically only lets them do matrix actions.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>51257623
>>51257623
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.