[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need good, simple system for game where players are officers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I need good, simple system for game where players are officers of Merc company and command it while using the chars too. ( two phases, company and personal one)

Will you help /tg/? Or maybe you have idea on your own?
>>
>>51234973
ASOIAF probably.
>>
>>51234981
ASOIAF?
>>
>>51234973
Only War has mechanics for this kind of thing, but it is a 40k setting. It might be good for inspiration.

It has mechanics for designing a regiment along with characters, and for requisitioning gear from the regiment, based on performance during missions and such.
Also, every PC also makes at least one assistant NPC, to give more of a "platoon" feel.
>>
>>51235000
Song of Ice and Fire, by Green Ronin.
>>
>>51234973
WRPG
>>
>>51235000
>>51235010
To add, ASOIAF has three separate systems for Combat, Intrigue, and Warfare. Combat being normal fighting, Intrigue being talking/politics, and Warfare being armies vs. armies.
>>
>>51235031
I heard it was pretty shitty as setting and in terms of mechanics.
>>
>>51234973
>I need good, simple system for game where players are officers of Merc company and command it while using the chars too. ( two phases, company and personal one)

AD&D.

"I need my menz, lemme roll to see how many show up for this fight."
>>
>>51235070
I'm not a fan of a Song of Ice and Fire itself, but I like the mechanics. You'll probably need to change a few things here and there, but you could probably make it work for what you want.
>>
>>51235081
Not that kind of shit. They are going to be commanders for real.
>>
What about d20 Black Company?
>>
>>51235108
Well yes, you do that.
>>
File: 021last-logo-g1.jpg (1MB, 1835x481px) Image search: [Google]
021last-logo-g1.jpg
1MB, 1835x481px
>>51234973
You need Reign.

Reign Enchiridion to be precise.
It's maybe $10 to download, everyone should have it. It's fucking good!

It's made to be modded. You can easily introduce your own themes and mechanics, on all levels of the game dynamic - not just in the equipment list. But even as is it stands as one of the most well made games ever.

The aspect most interesting here is the Company Rules, a minigame that can help the GM contrive things that happen out of frame, or can be used with the players to gamble for things beyond their control. It assumes the party to be a company, which can be anything from a roving gang with a few followers all the way to a kingdom, or even all of mankind if you want to frame the game as cosmic struggle.

These rules help to structure factions and interests, put them in conflict, and make that influence the PCs' story. It could plug into any mechanics. But ORE itself is really really good.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.