[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a card game like MtG, but with one shared turn and all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 68.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Is there a card game like MtG, but with one shared turn and all actions are instant speed?
>>
that sounds retarded imo desu famalam
>>
There's an digital Assassin's Creed CCG with shared, real-time turns. Drawing a blank on the name though.
>>
>>51213516
Infinity Wars on Steam has simultaneous turns, but it's a little more like Hearthstone than MtG.
>>
You can play MTG like that with two or even three people playing. Just have everyone confirm when they pass priority with phases and such.
>>
>>51214215
You can't because of the way MtG combat works.
>>
>>51214239
Actually you can.
>Everyone declare attacks at who.
>>Now you can cast spells
>Everyone declare blocking who and what.
>>Now you can cast spells.
>Damage steps
>>
>>51214600
But that means attacking isn't instant.
>>
>>51213516
That sounds like it would be a fucking nightmare, man.
>>
so, you want to play slapjack with MTG?
>>
Is there such a thing as any tabletop game that's not turn-based? I mean, how would that work?
>>
>>51216054
MtG has turns within turns because of priority.
>>
>>51214600
How do you resolve problems with APNAP
>>
>>51213516

Yes they are called video games.
>>
>>51216054
Yes. Look up Icehouse and Icetowers, in which players place and stack pyramids in real time. When everyone agrees no more (useful) moves can be made, the game ends and you count up the points. Another similar one is Light Speed, which uses a very similar system, but players are placing cards with spaceships on them, each of which has guns shooting in different directions and shields covering different flanks.

Space Alert also runs in real time, but it's more 'simultaneous turns that are timed by a CD track (or mp3 these days)' than 'turnless'.

There are also some games here that I haven't played, but might be what you're looking for:
https://boardgamegeek.com/tag/realtime
>>
The movement phase of a boardgame I made handled movement in units where people all turned in a card with 1-8 directions, and those who had movement left could turn in a card during a round or burn a card to stand still.

It's turn based but all decisions are made by players apples to apples style rather than sequentially. The rest was a combat system based on MTG with a day/night cycle within a mana cycle.
>>
>>51215357
You can always tone down the complexity of cards to compensate for the complexity of the game. It's good because you can get so much more out of simple effects.
>>
>>51216054
Space Dealer. Basically everyone plays at the same time and every player have 2 hourglasses to designate actions, when an hourglass is empty, the action trigger (ships move, construction finish, resources are gathered, etc), and you can move your hourglass to do another action.

Hidden identity/traitor games like Avalon, Resistance, mafia, and werewolf have no turns whatsoever, just discussion and the token of the leader passed around.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.