[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there been any good new fluff for 40k ever since the release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Bieltowned.png (22KB, 581x395px) Image search: [Google]
Bieltowned.png
22KB, 581x395px
Has there been any good new fluff for 40k ever since the release of Chaos 4th edition and the "Let no good deed go unpunished" retardation, or has it all been downhill and rehashes from there? From Tau fluff abandoning everything that made them interesting in favor of more giant mechs, to completely BTFO'ing Orks through the Beast, continuing to shit on the Tyranids, or even the whole Cadia stupidity now. At best shit like the Necron Retcons come to mind, that are debatable at best, but it seems like every single idea they had was okay in concept, but plain shit in execution.

So, aside from that, has there actually been anything new and worthwile?
>>
There was some good fluff for the rpgs.
Some BL books like Umbra Sumnus are ok.
I haven't read the most recent WD, so I don't know if the reboot found it's pace.
>>
>>51206009
So which ones ARE the BL books that are good?
>>
File: 5526456464165154.jpg (158KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
5526456464165154.jpg
158KB, 1024x782px
>>51208186

Modern BL or past BL books? Mostly modern is riding that horus heresy cock

Heres some off the top of my head aka the books I like I havent read a new BL book in a while

Ciaphas Cain

Gaunts Ghosts

Last Chancers

These 3 are really just mandatory by now in my personal opinion even if you dont like them since the writing in both can get bland and samey they are still fun reads.

Yarrick-This one is quite interesting not only is it "new" but it delves into Yarrick as a character and truly shows how much of a monster he is.

Ultramarines Omnibus- Hold off on the ward memes here this series is actually quite good with a based MC being a Captain from the Ultramarines

Death Watch: Xeno Hunters-Book about Death Watch most of the stories are made for the book and others are from WDs short stories if I recall. Alot of good stories in this one ranging from Tyranid Kroot,Space marine actually using the acid spit, and there is a story of a Death Watch kill team comprised of the Cursed Founding chapters really an awesome read in my opinion.

Priests of Mars-Delves into the mechcanicus and all of that jazz I havent read it in a while but I liked it

Path of The Eldar-Now im not the biggest eldar fan but even with that it was an interesting read.

WD had alot of great fucking short stories as well like this one series about a Storm Trooper team.

I havent touched the Horus Heresy since that perpetual MLK Jr. debacle
>>
>>51208387
>WD had alot of great fucking short stories as well like this one series about a Storm Trooper team.
Any more info on that one?

Also, you have good tastes.

For comics, Reedeemer and Deff Skwadron are great.
>>
File: 4184514545421.jpg (2MB, 1944x1296px) Image search: [Google]
4184514545421.jpg
2MB, 1944x1296px
>>51205172

I mean you dont have to listen to the new lore lots of people dont. Newcrons are REALLY debatable but the other shit isant I personally like newcrons but thats another thread.

Right now is an interesting time for 40k to say the least with GW actively focusing on the story as a whole now. Not to mention all those amazing releases like Skritali, and Gene Cults to meh releases like the Tempestus Scions and Death Watch. In addition all those special box games they are releasing. and the fact released Thousand son models and with talk of new eldar exodites GW might actually be giving the fans what they want now.

The problem I see here is how GW suddenly starts releasing all these models and shit but at the same time the lore has taken a huge dive in quality I have seen many of complaints based directly at Horus heresy for causing herohammer wank to infest 40k. While I do agree with some I feel like we should not act all grim about it and try to hope for the best. While many do not have a problem with Cadia blowing up they felt like the entire story was just poorly written for both Imperial and Chaos fans.

Worst comes to worst you can just forget about it though another interesting aspect I heard in the 40k RPG general is GW is supposedly making its own in house RPG for 40k now.
>>
>>51205172

Chaos 4E fluff wasn't that great either, it was just sorta not bad and interesting at the time, now we have nostalgia and the knowledge of how much worse it can get to make us think it was good.
>>
File: IMG_3280.jpg (182KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3280.jpg
182KB, 650x823px
>>51208186
>>
File: 62616166451641.png (125KB, 362x298px) Image search: [Google]
62616166451641.png
125KB, 362x298px
>>51205172

Just stick to the lore you like man.

I know lore threads on /tg/ turn into wankfests and shit but it can be worse. Thats the powers of the internet you cant forget 5th ed or rouge trader lore since its always there and it will never be touched so your image of the time will never be ruined.
>>
>>51208581
Herohammer?

Also the whole fall of cadia is bullshit. Fuck that noise. Cadia still stands strong.
>>
>>51208753

Focus on a small number of super characters instead of entire armies
>>
>>51208767
Oh. This...thanks
>>
>>51205172
The Dark Eldar got a substantial revamp that clarified a lot of stuff which was rather vague and up in the air until their 5th edition rewrite. Pretty much everything other than that has been trash. GW's recent attempts at moving the setting onwards have given us some of the most tiresome, uninspired and utterly insipid fluff I've ever read.
>>
>>51208663
I've been sticking to the lore I like since at least 5th edition, but I've just been wondering.

>>51208583
4e Chaos always was an extreme nosedive to me, with a its switch to "We are evil for the sake of being evil"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.