[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the average party is a loose mob of murderhobos swordfucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: this does not vult deus.jpg (609KB, 1280x1808px) Image search: [Google]
this does not vult deus.jpg
609KB, 1280x1808px
So the average party is a loose mob of murderhobos swordfucking their way to glory and riches. But sometimes they have to clean up and at least try to act socially aware, surely.

Would your party fare well in a high society environment, /tg/?
>>
>>51195329
Party head is a five-centuries out of touch Elven aristocrat, party tank is a mentally handicapped Cleric, damage-dealer is a Goblin with a pseudo-railgun, then there's a Lamia sorceress-apprentice and Elven tree-hugging ranger.

God help us if they go in with the aristocrat.
>>
>>51195329
My character manages a business ingame and the rogue is at least good at pretending to be foppish.

Those two would probably be able to survive in a high society environment. The rest of the party, though...
>>
>>51195329
Current party?

>Female dwarven gang member that chain smokes, sounds like a scraggly-voiced man. May or may not have crabs.
>Pyromaniac female elf alchemist. Specializes in bombs, poisons, and setting things on fire. Possibly a slut.
>Huge buff guy, all brawn and no brains, raised in the wild by lumberjack automotons. His only drive in life is punching bears, and learning to punch bears in new and interesting ways. Also cursed to shapeshift into a bear when mad after punching a Druid when he turned into a bear.

Yeah no, not at all.
>>
File: merely pretending.png (313KB, 785x594px) Image search: [Google]
merely pretending.png
313KB, 785x594px
>>51195990
>possibly a slut
>elf
>possibly
>>
>>51195990
>His only drive in life is punching bears, and learning to punch bears in new and interesting ways.
Isn't that everyone's motivation?
>>
>>51197606
Well sure, but his moreso. Bears are his mortal enemy.
>>
>>51195329
We tried that once. We told the barbarian he could come to the fancy noble shindig if he behaved himself while the party face rubbed elbows with political figures and military elites. It was supposed to be a smooth social session where party lines would be drawn and deals struck over fine wine and ale.

Total body count ended up in the low double digits.
>>
>>51197655
>low double digits.
So he did behave himself.
>>
I've got a heavily modded and armed merc who at least try to appear social./

An info broker who thinks he's hot shit because he owns a 44. Magnum and is a lowlife thug info broker.

An arrogant, egocentric mechanic who actually was raised in a high society environment.

And most notably, I've got a pirate-raised soviet rockstar that bangs all the hot dates, gets their dads out to kill him, and incites a riot every fucking gig.

They're fucking hopeless.
>>
>>51195329

>High society environment

So that means gold and riches, yeah? What's the CR of these nobles? I mean, nobles are stronger than commoners right, but not as strong as most PC classes?
>>
>>51197717
He was executed for his crimes the next morning, actually.
>>
>>51195329
Pretty well, I think. Well, most of us anyway.

>The accountant, bit of a pussy, probably sticks out as being out of his depth, doesn't make a scene but doesn't make the right impression.

>The medical intern, who's killed several old ladies by accident, comes off as frazzled and probably spills a drink or knocks over a waiter while talking to someone about medicine.

>The model just talks about himself or his looks, or his workout regimen. Most likely fucks several married women or the daughter of the richest person in the room. Or son, no one is quite sure.

>The arms dealer/conman tries to line his pockets if possible, otherwise just makes more contacts.

>obligatory edgelord bleach-ripoff guy alienates everyone, probably destroys property and assaults someone, while spewing hot autistic garbage, promptly getting the police or security called to remove him. No one in the party attempts to intervene.
>>
My party adventures in the Kill Six Billion Demons setting.

Hogh society *is* all about swordfucking to riches and glory.
>>
>>51195329
>scrawny admech nerd
>bombastic imperial officer
>administratum nerd whose roleplaying voice is a city wok tier fake chinese accent
>frankenstein's cybernetically resurrected muscle monster with 12 fellowship

We'll be fine so long as the officer does a good job of introducing us as his quirky exotic retinue.
>>
Well, seeing how the very first time they were let into a high society setting they made asses out of themselves and insulted the princess of a foreign kingdom by implying she fornicated with tigers, thereby cause a diplomatic incident that almost led to a war, I'd say no.

They haven't been let into any official function since. The people in charge decided that their talents are better utilized away from the palace.
>>
>>51195329

Suppose I could shapeshift into my human guise and perform my general hunting strategy, which is to pretend to be a relatively elegant if dense woman to be taken advantage of. I have enough bluff and disguise to blend in with anything.

The party... Not so much.
>>
>>51198063
That's gross incompetence on his part. If you start a body count you should not stop until there is no one to who is ready to be counted.
>>
>>51195329
I was never so happy about a gm railroading us out of a situation
>>
considering one party member is high society to the point of having a butler that almost always accompanies them I'm sure they'd be able to smooth over the rest of the party being rough around the edges
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.