[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a very rules-lite game, I'm making armor add to HP total

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: twin katana.gif (1013KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
twin katana.gif
1013KB, 700x500px
For a very rules-lite game, I'm making armor add to HP total (a good armor adds to 10 HP, light armor adds just 3).
That means that if you have 10 HP + 3 armor; you get 13 HP.
Yeah, there will be that awkward moment when that character is only 2 hp left, then takes off the armor to cross a river and... suddently you're -1hp! Just kidding, I will probably rule that the character is very very weak but ok anyways.
There is also the problem of Scenery armor. Shooting somebody that is behind a wall. Well, we can fix that with a penalty to the damage roll. OK.
What other unconfortable situations can happen by this ruling? I want to get ahead the problems it can give me.
Is armor=extra HP autistically ok for /tg/'s hivemind?
>>
>>51192073
also there is something i like a lot about this system, and this is that while Body HP recover after resting, Armor HP do not, they represent your armor being torn away by your enemies, and it introduces the need of repairings, maybe even a crafting skill
>>
>>51192073
Sound like a stupid idea, armor helps against every hit, not just the first one ever in your life. DR makes more sense.
>>
>>51192182
>>51192182
>not just the first one ever in your life.
Actually, the first damage taken is from the own characters HP. Then, armor starts substracting.
Yeah, i know is silly but the very idea of HP is silly too. Is theoretically a measure on how the character can avoid or endure damage, so why cannot armor get into the thing?
>>
>>51192307
original HP, this way, could be seen as "natural armor".
>>
>>51192182
Not if each hit is fucking it up more and more.

Go wear a cook pot on your head and have someone take to it with an axe. See how many hits it can stand up to before being useless.
>>
>Rules-lite game
>Lets make it complex
Ok
>>
File: No way.gif (2MB, 233x131px) Image search: [Google]
No way.gif
2MB, 233x131px
>>51192575

>throw that mouse, son!
>>
>>51192073
>decreasing hp when removing armor
have it only affect maximum hp, unless the character is at max health already.

>Is armor=extra HP autistically ok
As a certified sperg, I dislike the idea, but it is a valid approach. Darkest dungeon got away with it.

>Shooting somebody that is behind a wall
Penalize both the tohit and the damage.
>>
>>51192182
I mean, if you wanna be autistic about it, it should be a combo of both, since the armor is taking damage when it blocks damage from reaching you. The armor should have its own HP and do damage reduction that is tied to that HP. For instance, you could have durability breakpoints where it protected you less and less with each one until it breaks.

Obviously, this sort of durability would be a more long term worry since any series of attacks that would seriously damage the armor would probably kill the wearer. But over the course of a long campaign a player might have to pay to get their armor repaired, because it doesn't heal up like they do.
>>
>>51192073
If you use the HP from armor as temporary HP, meaning they take the hits first, you wouldn't run into this issue.

Otherwise, I don't see a problem with this for a rules light game.
>>
>>51192307
>Actually, the first damage taken is from the own characters HP. Then, armor starts substracting.

Why. Why the fuck would you do this.

Alternatively; use the OSR Black Hack's method; armor adds a certain number of HP points at the start of the battle, which return after every battle.
>>
>>51192575
Show you Down's more. It's funny to watch. Entertain me you stupid shit. Dance.
>>
>>51192073
Check out computer game Battle Brothers. It does Armor as HP exceptionally well.
>>
>>51199174
Can work if a PC have a Repair skill to keep this up.
>>
>>51192575
Cook pot is not fucking armour and yes, real armour will withstand a shitload of hits. Real life is not Holywood movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q#t=36s
Go to 36s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.