[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/ I'm in a 5e campaign with some friends and rolled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1258389711024.jpg (360KB, 2114x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1258389711024.jpg
360KB, 2114x1631px
Sup /tg/

I'm in a 5e campaign with some friends and rolled paladin. The world it is set in is pretty cool so I've bought in and have been taking it seriously. I made a backstory that could lead to my paladin's fall and have been rping quite well with what the DM has been throwing at us. But the other members of the group seem to be just faggots save for a couple of players. One doesn't even pay attention to what is going on and fucks up during combat because he hasn't bothered to read up on how the game works. Another is the self proclaimed leader of the group and he's an edgelord who ninjas shit and causes terrible scenarios for the rest of the group. And another guy who plays a warlock that fires his spells out of a gun and says the cringiest fucking shit all the fucking time in a terrible rp voice. Then our cleric refuses to heal and afks during combat and complains to the dm after being skipped.

I spent a good deal of time developing my character and I looked into the other player's backgrounds and they are just complete shit compared to mine.

The gm is a good friend of mine and has asked me to write up some side quests to keep me and two other players enthralled in the game.

Is DnD doomed to be shit because of this type of garbage? They all talk about how they watch this dnd series on jewtube and how they love it but when it comes to actually playing their autism surfaces.

Help.
>>
Why do you have a photo of the Spanish dictatorship of Primo the Rivera´s Civil Guard?
>>
>>51183726
Because it is fucking dank and I've been posting it for years.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 222x227px
There is nothing more dank than political opression
>>
Anyways, have you told your group that their behaviour annoys you?
To be fair, even if you are hardcore rper, many people are not like that and they just wanna have a cool time playing
>>
OP, you have a shit group, and honestly, you can do little about it.
Right now, the DM needs to crack the whip and get people into line, and telling the DM exactly what you told us is a good start.
What you should speak about:
>One doesn't even pay attention to what is going on and fucks up during combat because he hasn't bothered to read up on how the game works
>the self proclaimed leader of the group and he's an edgelord who ninjas shit and causes terrible scenarios for the rest of the group
Albeit if no one else complains about him being leader, that is a moot point.
>our cleric refuses to heal and afks during combat and complains to the dm after being skipped
What you should NOT complain about:
>another guy who plays a warlock that fires his spells out of a gun and says the cringiest fucking shit all the fucking time in a terrible rp voice
This is made of personal opinion that doesn't actually pull the game down, making you the whiny bitch.
>The gm is a good friend of mine
Then you should be able to speak openly and honestly to him. The problem players, the ones actively pulling the game down by not acting in it need to be talked to, then culled if they continue doing dumb shit.
>>
>>51183915
Also this.
Most people are not serious or enthusiastic players, anon, that is just the way it is.
I have a irl group that is years old, and has seen a lot of roster changes, and I freely boot out people who don't mesh or don't take the game seriously ENOUGH to blend with the rest of the group.
However, the line is drawn when people are not participating.
>>
>>51183350
>playing 5E
>Expecting people to get into the game instead of being "LOL I'M SO NERDY XD" players

Tell the DM your concerns. It's his job to deal with players and filter out the garbage.

Honestly though I'd be ready to stop playing. Not playing is better than playing with a shit group that annoys you.
>>
>>51183726
You don't?
>>
>>51183921
>This is made of personal opinion that doesn't actually pull the game down, making you the whiny bitch.

Autist spotted
>>
>>51183350
>But the other members of the group seem to be just faggots save for a couple of players.
Talk to the non-faggots about your frustrations IRL and see if they're shared. If they are the non-faggots and yourself should talk to the DM and the faggots to sort it out.
>...fucks up during combat...
be patient, be this guy with that guy. We were all newfags once. If he doesn't take the hint after a few sessions then show him the door.
>...self-proclaimed leader...
If the other non-faggots are on board then demote him. If he persists just deal with him IC by beating his character's ass.
>...warlock that fires his spells out of a gun...
Openly mock him until his character dies, hopefully he will roll something better.
>AFCleric
You can suggest switching to skype or google hangouts or something to prevent the AFK issue if you're playing VOIP or video chat it's a lot harder to fuck off for long periods of time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.