[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you or the DM ever given a character a really autistic weapon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 12412415124142.jpg (12KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
12412415124142.jpg
12KB, 263x192px
Have you or the DM ever given a character a really autistic weapon, power, or persona? Back in 2013 a friend of a friend invited some retard to join our group and he named his character Steele(accent over 2nd e). His primary weapon was 2 katanas with runes and rhinestones that could be used to link the katanas together to make a greatsword and spew out magic attacks that he claimed were powered by the runes on the swords and not his own mana. Stories?
>>
>>51177152
Sounds like that one sword in the dejah thoris comic.
>>
>>51177203
At first I didn't think it sounded so bad because Rune knights are really unexplored, but interesting characters to play, but he was constantly pulling so many asspulls and then using "muh runes" as an excuse.
>>
>>51177152
This is why I love using the 4e DnD when I DM.
The players get to write the fluff of the class and powers they choose if they didn't like the default one.
They are still using the same mechanics but by using their own personal take on how the powers are performed (singing so badly that their enemies ears started to bleed), it make the session more fun for everyone, including me.
Also why I like 7e Gamma World so much. Whatever crazy shit my friends can think of, the writers can think of even crazier shit.
>>
>>51177152
The name sounds a bit silly but I see nothing else wrong with this character. I don't even see how it's autistic other than "I don't like it".
>>
>>51177152
I don't think you know what autistic means.
>>
>>51177152
I played in a game where the DM awarded a player a flaming sword -- it only ignited if the player himself became angry -- something the player took a LONG time to catch on to.
>"I go in swinging! I'll ignite my sword!"
>DM: "It doesn't ignite"
>"What do you mean, it's a flaming sword!?"
>DM: "It doesn't ignite."
>"I attack anyway."
>DM: "Miss. The orc attacks. Hits."
>"Grraahhh! Now i'm pissed!"
>DM: "Your sword bursts into flames!"

It was dumb, but it was amusing seeing the player get mad because he couldn't willingly ignite his flaming sword.
>>
File: Drizzt_Pic_1.jpg (95KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
Drizzt_Pic_1.jpg
95KB, 300x402px
>>51177152
As far as "autism" goes, it's really okay to let younger or inexperienced players pile on a little corniness -- it gets it out of their system and they can move on to slightly more original ideas.
>>
My very first time being DM my long time friend made his character some guy from Naruto. Wanted a katana but we weren't sure about stats so we just made it the same as a longsword.

It was alright. His behavior was pretty limp, little characterization to him, so I basically made it a murder campaign. Didn't gel too well with my other friend who likes story heavy stuff (which I enjoy as well).
>>
>>51177152
Yes, as a furry and the forever GM, I feel that my players always need more reasons to hate me.

So I occasionally throw my Fursona in the campaign; a wolf bandit.
Hilariously enough, the players always manage to "kill" him in abstract ways rather than a full on fight, which would really be enough. Like dropping a chandelier on his head, locking him in a cage underwater, trapping him in a spike pit, ect. So he keeps coming back after the party.

Currently, he is undead after following the party to a cursed treasure trove, Pirates of the Caribbean style.

I've been started to think my group actually likes the tenacious fucker, and are trying to see how far he'll go to kill them.
>>
>>51177152
>2 katanas with runes and rhinestones that could be used to link the katanas together to make a greatsword

Is this autistic, or just in poor taste?
>>
>>51177588
I'm imagining an actual wolf, with a bandana with eyeholes cut out as a mask, and with a knife in its jaws. He's just woofing and barking at the party, but somehow it *feels* like the wolf is saying "your money or your life."
>>
>>51177588
>Fursona
It's time to stop posting.
>>
File: IMG_1978.jpg (8KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.jpg
8KB, 214x200px
>>51177684
Never.

>>51177676
You're not far off, after so many near-deaths, he just sort of growls at the party and immediately lurches forward.
>>
Reminds me of a PFS session where we had a last-minute DM step up, and then some mom brought her cockamamie son into the store "so he can meet people and get away from video games." This kid was clearly a spaz, and mom was lucky it was PFS day at the game store. We squeezed him in. Rolled up a character with him really fast, and then made him the star of the show. He was a fighter, I was a cleric, and the wizard and gnome rogue all kept him on the front lines. We let him do all the diplomacy, and lead the battles. It was fun.

Hopefully the kid got some memories of having a good time dealing with other people around him.
>>
>>51177717
Good job guys.
>>
My one buddy's first character was a total weeaboo creation, Japanese cleric complete with katanas and everything. However, he did a really over the top "grizzled old samurai" voice and his backstory was mostly ripped from Ninja Turtles, so it was honestly pretty enjoyable.
His second was a Chaotic Neutral Duskblade who's family was murderraped by orks and wore a mask because he was horribly scarred from the fire his family was murderraped during.
He spent most of his time freaking out on or occasionally almost murdering the few civilians we encountered on dinosaur island, being really hostile towards my half-orc knight who was good-hearted but a bit dense and never picked up on it, even after the whole teleportation incident and also just shitting out damage on anything he hit with his "bastard sword" that we all knew was a fucking katana, again.
>>
>>51177152
I love that pic.

It describes most autism charities having their heads up their own arse perfectly.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.