[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1282: Hitler's Treasure is Kamen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 478
Thread images: 76

File: 1473516972522.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1473516972522.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51157752
>>
Jumpers! What is your favourite melee weapon?
>>
File: 1437167338180.jpg (108KB, 450x630px) Image search: [Google]
1437167338180.jpg
108KB, 450x630px
>>51164054
Hitler has some good taste.
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (68KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
68KB, 480x640px
Fun fact Hitler was a Starfish.
>>
>>51164077
Always going to be Chainsword for me.

>>51163949
It's pretty much Jumpable. I'm probably going to add in a sword and a few extra perks once my Internet comes back and I can access the file again, but overall it's done. I didn't get any major complaints from the last thread either.

Still, I'll repost it here and see what the morning crew thinks.

Gentlemen! Orge Battle - The March of the Black Queen is 99% finished and eagerly awaiting your opinions.
>>
In Xianxia settings, do people really become more and more sociopathic as they get stronger? You'd think enlightenment would go hand in hand with pacifism.
>>
>>51164140
See notes.
>>
File: 1446980639050.jpg (98KB, 545x479px) Image search: [Google]
1446980639050.jpg
98KB, 545x479px
>>51164140
A lot of times that's more of a consequence of the attitude generally required to get stronger rather than actually accumulating strength.
You've got to do a lot of crazy things to get reliable access your super pills of spiritual enlightenment to shortcut the otherwise unmanagable training times.
At worst sometimes those pills were people. Thankfully as a generic you don't necessarily need to deal with that sort of thing.

That and there's a big cultural values dissonance between the china and the west where it's not actually considered so bad on their end. I'm not chinese though that's just what I've been told.
>>
>>51164140
Consider that most of those settings require you to do things like mutilating your soul using the pieces of the gods/demons that you have previously killed in order to access the upper levels.
>>
Can someone post Xianxia? My copy seems outdated.
>>
>>51164309
This seems to be the newest version.
>>
If I take Fate/ as my choice in the King Arthur jump is there a way to connect it with the main Fate/ jumps? Like retroactively change the legends with a perk or something?
>>
File: Luna_Considering.png (38KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Considering.png
38KB, 700x700px
>>51163940
>Yo, this might sound like an odd question but what would you imagine a celestial martial art based on a potato to be like?
No Garlock, that doesn't sound odd. That sounds really, really, REALLY /weird/.

But I imagine it would be much like Tiger Style or Dreaming Pearl, in that it emulates the ideal of a potato. So...

Maybe charms about sitting there and taking the hits instead of parrying/dodging? Because fuckin' potato.

Maybe some charm to "store" essence (or something else) like a potato stores nutrients of the potato plant?

Maybe some charm to be really, really versatile in battle like how a potato can be prepared in many different ways?

Maybe some charm about being able to tolerate a wide range of enviroments?

Maybe some charm about nourishing others?

I dunno. It'd be an /odd/ Martial Arts, to say the least.
>>

Are you ready to Hero it up /jc/
Greek Myth, coming soon

Hero
From Zero to Hero 100
While this is called training this is a far more comprehensive education then merely skills for battle, although they are certainly included. You have received education from Chiron himself. This includes extensive education in all the things a man of noble status would be expected to know such as medicine, music, literature, mathematics, governing, hospitality, social skills, hunting, and prophecy. It also includes training that has honed your skill in battle to the levels of legendary heroes. You are highly skilled in effectively all contemporary weapons and have mastered one. You are also either already in or will be able to have a friendship between teacher and student with Chiron.

A True Labor 200
Impossible means a hero hasn't tried hard enough yet. When facing a challenge that is deemed insurmountable or impossible by common mortals your will becomes steel and your courage unshakeable. Furthermore you're good at thinking outside the box. Sometimes doing the impossible simply means thinking about it differently.

Quest of the Gods 400
Hero's are the greatest of mortals, so should they not bear the greatest of tools? As a hero you seem all but destined to find or be given useful and powerful objects to aid you in your quests. As a hero with great tools are you not the greatest tool the gods could have? The gods give you grand quests which only the greatest heroes of this world could complete. Should you complete them you will be rewarded with great gifts. Fortunatley they won't be to angry if you don't accept these often dangerous quests.
In future jumps the gods of those worlds will still be more likely to give you quests and rewards for completing them as well as being less likely to punish you for not doing them.
>>
>>51164485

Strength of Hercules 600
Hercules is but one of the many beings famed for their strength, and now you join the ranks of these heavy hitters. Your strength is without peer on the battlefield. Your blows could cause even the god of war to be forced backwards, push away rivers, or even hold up the sky for a moment. Furthermore you can apply this strength without causing unwanted affects that would normally come from world shaking strength such as collateral damage from your attacks or large structures you pick up shattering.
>>
>>51164454
Maybe some charms about situational awareness, to reflect their many eyes?
>>
File: 1483750692458.jpg (300KB, 716x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1483750692458.jpg
300KB, 716x1011px
Are there any perks that can be used to prevent addiction?
>>

Are you ready to monster /jc/?

Monster
Terrifying Visage 100
To see you hunt is to know fear, to see you kill is to know terror. You are capable of inspiring true terror in the hearts of men when you wish to. Only those with great courage in their hearts or a powerful determination could bear to fight you. Lesser men will be made to cower and flee from you while you are on the attack. Be warned even cowards might have claws when backed into a corner and men often find courage when it is more then their life on the line.

Den of Serpents 200
Men whisper amongst themselves huddled around their fires of a place no man may enter and live. They speak of the Hydra's swamp where it's poison blood has turned it into a pit of death and the Charybdis pulling ships to their death. They also speak of you, you can turn any place you live into a wasteland they say in scared tones. If you wish you can make it so no mortal can approach you lair and live survivors of your wrath whisper. Only the strong and those who wish to die would be willing to aprroach somewhere you have prepared this defense for.

Beast Beyond Nature 400
Monsters surpass the natrual world. Your body does not wear from disuse or hunger, diseases that ravege your lessers simply have no effect, age can only make you wiser and sharper never wearing away your thoughts, even if the gods were to wait for eternity your claws would be as sharp as they are now. The passage of time has as much effect on you as it does on the immortal gods. You are undying and shall only grow stronger as you age never losing a part of yourself to Cronos, yet even you who are undying are not immortal. The swords of heros can still take your life.
>>
>>51164485
That 100cp perk actually seems too good. That's a lot of stuff to give and not every hero had all that. You might want to see about maybe making it have to be bought multiple times to get all of that.
>>
>>51164533

Myth of the Monster 600
Jaws that crush ships, a gaze that turns flesh into stone, claws that dig into even gods, these things are why mortal men must cower before monsters. You have some natural property which would qualify you as a legendary monster. Your skin is unbreakable, you regrow two of anything you lose practically as fast as they're lost, your blood is a poison that could kill on sight much less touch, whatever it is you have a trait that qualifies you as a monster. Not only that but your general strength even outside that property has grown such that you could crush the throat of even a demi-god with a good bite.
>>
>>51164497
I'm not sure that's very balanced compared to the other 600cp so far. Not sure what the justification for comic book physics strength is either.
>>
>>51164519
Also, their potential toxicity if unprepared. Anti-surprise charms?
>>
>>51164546
>Not sure what the justification for comic book physics strength is either.
...Are you fucking kidding? Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>51164546
Hercules basically invented comic book physics. Dude can be shattering islands in one moment and then wrestling some guy while a bunch of children watch and have everyone not die in the next.
>>
>>51164543
>Skins is unbreakable
Is this completely, proto- adamantium level unbreakable?
>Hydra regrowth
Does this even cap out
>Blood kills on sight
Does this kill anything or are certain beings strong enough to resist?

This perk needs some better guidelines with how broad it is.
>>
So I was just reading through the last thread and saw people talking about Saber slaughtering her own people for utilitarian reasons.

Dammit, I actually liked her and her idealism, but now she's just a hypocritical bitch and I'm going to have to kill her.
>>
File: potato.png (106KB, 350x208px) Image search: [Google]
potato.png
106KB, 350x208px
>>51164519
>>51164553
...Those are actually really good, yes.

Probably something about the peel too?

And I'd guess it growing into a new potato plant would be the capstone charm.
>>
>>51164561
>Comic book physics
Fair enough. Still doesn't answer how the hold up the sky level strength is equal to the other stuff.
>>
File: potato.gif (4MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
potato.gif
4MB, 360x270px
>>51164519
Add some soak levels, too.
>>
>>51164571
To be fair, I've never heard of her doing that until now either. Maybe they're just making it up?
>>
>>51164485
>>51164497
>>51164533
>>51164543
I like them, though you should probably switch the Hero 100 and the 200.

The former seems much better than the 200.
>>
>>51164594
The most mention I could find on the wiki was her drawing all the resources from a village to feed her army during war, which was pretty damn common back then. No mention of her wiping out her own villages. Unless people are taking the civil war as that? That seems a bit unfair though, since those people would be enemy combatants.
>>
>>51164546
What do you mean by not being balanced? Which one do you think is better?
>>
>>51164566
This perk caps out around where hih tier myth monsters would cap out. It's going to be around Hercules Strength since its much more narrowly focused then just being super strong. Basically this is what makes you a big threat who goes toe to toe with high power heroes.
>>51164587
It's only strength. If you cannot do something with strength then Herc strength does not help you. Walker of Worlds meanwhile lets you move basically anywhere no matter how you need to get there as long as you have some mode of transport that could get there.
>>
>>51164622
It's only strength but that strength can hold up the entire sky. Your focusing too much on the breadth of it and forgetting the depth of that power is insane.

Walker of Worlds is nice but even in Greek Myths, most locations like that have powerful guards anyway. It's still as limited in focus, since it only lets you travel to someplace. If you don't have the abilities to accomplish whatever you're travelling there for, it's not much help either.
>>
>>51164638
I am considering buffing it a bit to keep up. I wrote it before I wrote the other two.
>>
Does Exalted have charms for farming and other civilian things?
>>
File: Kamen Rider.png (366KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider.png
366KB, 640x480px
>>51164054
>>
>>51164638
Eh. I'm not really sure how you'd measure the weight of the sky. Given the nature of the feat it's difficult to say exactly how strong he is. Is there any more understandable feats of strength he accomplished?
>>
>>51164649
Considering buffing the strength one? It's already letting you lift (If we count the sky as the atmosphere) 5 and a half quadrillion tonnes. If you're meaning the others, I'd say to reduce it instead. Heracles can't be the only strong hero and your other perks seem fitting with each other so far instead, with each giving an ability with narrow focus but good power. This one is narrow in focus but insane in power, so just reduce it a bit to line it up with the others.
>>
>>51164672
Just measure the weight of all the air on earth? That's a pretty simple thing really.
>>
File: HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif (73KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif
73KB, 800x733px
>>51164652
Yes. Though Infernals usually don't have much for that, since you know, alien god-monsters supply their charms.

>Farming
Craft Charms.

>Other civilian things
Yeah, mostly in stuff like... Bureaucracy, Craft, Linguistics, Lore, Performance, Socialize...

Depends a little on what you mean with "civilian things."
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
>>51164553
Actually, literal toxicity comes up in some martial arts IIRC. So making the practitioner's flesh, blows or weapons poisonous could be a potential Charm avenue to explore.

>>51164519
>>51164454
This...sounds incredibly legit, thanks! Actually, all this thinking about nourishing Essence makes me think the style would be especially compatible with Cytherean essence or-wait.

Wait.

>versatility in battle
>environmental tolerance
>taking hits

Oh my gods you guys. This whole potato thing started out as a joke-taken-incredibly-seriously joshing around about the xianxia potato I own, but when Lunars jump comes out,

I'ma totally invent Potato Bodhisattva Style to MAKE LUNARS GREAT AGAIN.

(because from what I heard, Lunar Hero Style is as ass as all the other Lunar charms apparently).

>>51164575
>growing into a new potato plant would be the capstone charm

Oh HELL yes. Funny, the guys on SB mentioned my potato would likely start evolving into more advanced species of plants until it either ascends to, and I quote, a "super-potato state" or eventually transcends plant existence entirely to become a humanoid form.

Hmm. Only problem is differentiating it from Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai. Maybe have it come with custom powers inspired by potatokind incarnate, like how Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style eventually turns you into a giraffe-fish...

>>51164652
If you mean written ones specifically for those not as such, but you could totally invent ones for them. And I suppose if you use Chiralty Prohibition Index or the Verdant Emptiness Endowment charms creatively enough, you could use them to farm.

>>51164127
Alright, I'll wait and see then. Looks good to me at least.

>>51164411
I...think Cosmic Fact from Marvel might let you do that?
>>
>>51164677
Heracles is still significantly above you. I should probably make that clear and debuff it a bit. You could lift the sky for a moment. Not stand there and have a chat like he does.
I still want to keep the strength somewhere in that level though to reflect that you are one of the most powerful heroes around at that point.
>>
File: BlauerSchwede02.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BlauerSchwede02.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>>51164703
Yes. Show them all their place in the world; make them fear the spud.

The fluff can wax poetic about how even the greatest of kings depend on the labor of dirt farmers to operate. "The flowers are nothing, without the tubers."
>>
>>51164731
I'm aware you're not quite as strong but even lifting that weight for a moment is above the other options in power to an absurd degree. It's like lifting several million mount everests. Even if it's only briefly, that's still lifting a bullshit amount of stuff.

Isn't there any other hero you could use to better reflect strength in this way? Or even just keep it to Heracles feats that are not lifting the sky, since other stuff seems to be way below that?

Side question, shouldn't it be Heracanon or Heraclanon? Isn't Hercules the roman name for him?
>>
What would you guys reccomend to buff Walker of Worlds?
>>
File: 126075170963.png (7KB, 207x203px) Image search: [Google]
126075170963.png
7KB, 207x203px
>>51164703
>(because from what I heard, Lunar Hero Style is as ass as all the other Lunar charms apparently).
It's kinda meh.

But really, as a Lunar you have little reason to go for Lunar Hero anyway. Since you have general combat charms in your Attributes instead anyway.

>Hmm. Only problem is differentiating it from Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai.
That's pretty easy. Just don't make it a damn Shintai.

Martial Arts don't usually turn you into fucking monster-things. At all. If you /do/ want something like that, it's going to be something similar to Dreaming Pearl's Gazelle-Carp, yes.

>>51164752
Glorious.
>>
>>51164757
I don't think you really can without expanding it beyond what fits for Hermes as the base, since it's already basically fiat level "You can travel anywhere easily and quickly without worrying about terrain hazards." Buffing it would mean adding on new abilities.
>>
>>51164566
you're not thinking like a ancient Greek writer

>Skins is unbreakable

you can still be Inhale and Consume poison,also, someone might reach into your mouth and turn you inside out , ignoring the defense of your skin completely.

>Hydra regrowth

Cauterized wounds do not Regenerate, this is how the original Hydra was defeated
>>
>>51164796
I'm aware of how greek myths work Bancho. Those were not my questions.
>>
>>51164703
>Cosmic Fact
This may be exactly what I'm looking for, though the question remains of whether connecting jumps like this is valid. Does Marvel anon still come here/wasn't he on a hiatus?

>>51164731
So does it really let us lift 5 quadrillion tonnes, or is the "lifting the sky" bit figurative/ not the sky as we know it kind of thing?
>>
>>51164801
Then I'm sorry for misinterpreting your Questions,
>>
>>51164807
Marvel Anon has a...troublesome relationship with Cosmic Fact. There's been a bunch of different explanations for how it works in future jumps. The most recent one was just that it made you a marvel character in future jumps, but it's ranged from your origin always having had your powers to the same thing except you can't have changed anything with those powers to working as a continuity drawback for jumps to something else I can't remember.
>>
>>51164807
He lifts the Greek Cosmos. Which is probably significantly different from how we understand the sky. Imma just say that it's not Quadrillions of tons, think more shatter city walls by hitting them then end the world.
I guess I'll clarify that in the notes.
>>
>>51164796
Ancient Greek Writers never had the Hydra just bite off it's own heads over and over until it had a million heads and killed everything with an endless flood of poison either. Nor had the Lion put on a gas mask or a bit of armour with spikes on it to stop close combat.
>>
>>51164838
Why not just put that example in the actual perk instead? If you can't actually accomplish it outside of Greek Myth, then it'd be better to give a more accurate example. If you can accomplish lifting an entire cosmos for a second, we go right back to that guys complaints about it being too much.
>>
>>51164846
Assume limits if it seems to be significantly better then Strength of Hercules.
>>
>>51164807
Greek physics was a bit different. I think I remember an Anon talking about a book where greek physics was reality and they built a spaceship using those principles?
>>
>>51164863
That's really vague and I'm not sure how you're going to be able to compare strength to a the sheer breadth of potential abilities that could come from this perk.
>>
>>51164856
I will put it in the perk. It's just that in the world of Greek myth you don't need as much strength to lift the sky as you do everywhere else because sky means something very different. Same deal with the Cosmos.
>>
>>51164832
I'll uhh... I'll just say it does connect the history stuff, I guess.

>>51164838
Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>51164889
That would have been really great to have in the perk in the first place, could have avoided this whole thing.

As to that other monster capstone, if I can give my own thoughts. It seems like it'd be best to just say that even if you pick something like "Unbreakable skin" or "Poison that kills anything", that beings of a high enough power can break through/resist etc etc. Like, actual god level gods like Zeus or Poseidon maybe? That's still a lot of power and a serious threat to most of the stuff in Greek mythology, it just tops out below the top tier guys that are above everyone.
>>
>>51164127
>I wish to sit on the Throne of Bones
Does this become an alt-form post jump?

BTW, this is a awesome jump, and you should feel awesome. These games don't get enough love.
>>
>>51164856
I think putting it in with the perk would kind of take away from the mythical thing. Maybe if it was a line saying that lifting the greek sky meant something else when compared to other skies and clarified it further in the notes?
>>
>>51164887
The abilities should be able to make you a credible threat to strong heroes and weak to mid tier gods. You won't be killing the titans with poison or blocking hits from Poseidon with your skin. Basically once you start hitting the stronger gods they can get through it without problems.

>>51164951
I'm just going to put an asteriks that says Greek writers don't into scale very well.
>>51164929
Oh yeah definitely. Basically with in jump purchases Zeus should be able to make you eat shit if he takes the fight seriously.
>>
>>51164887
Could someone with the strength given by Strength of Hercules kill/defeat someone with the ability you've chosen? I think that could work for a few comparisons.
>>
>>51164951
Anon, it's not really that fluff heavy, especially with half of it being a note that you've got superman type super strength.

>>51164960
Please don't put that into asterisks. That's not clear at all and is even worse at breaking up whatever flavour is there then a note about the greek sky being different.
>>
>>51164984
No I mean I'm putting an asteriks at the end of the perk and in the notes section it gets expanded on.
>>
>>51164971
But what if I pick being a ghost? Or a non combat power that's extremely useful like free mass true resurrections? SoH users could couldn't kill the former but it's not a very good power and they could easily kill someone with just the latter but that doesn't mean that ability isn't crazy useful.
>>
...Didn't we ban potatoes a while ago?
>>
>>51164887
Honestly, why does it bother you so much? We have literally no good strength perks anyway, and there are hundreds of perks more bullshit than this. I don't wanna be forced to use some shit like ki or mana enhancement to hit really hard.
>>
>>51164997
That's better then, my apologies for misunderstanding. I still think you shouldn't explain it as "Greeks don't scale well".
>>
>>51165008
Because unlike you I'm looking at how it balances against the other capstones in this jump, not at how it balances against other jumps?
>>
>>51165004
No, that was Tea.
>>
>>51164497
>>51164485
Are you planning anything with Tántalos or Promêtheús? Those are my two favorite dudes.
>>
>>51165003
And I need to clarify this. You are using this to kill people. You are making a mythological monster. It's not going to have powers like that. It's going to have shit that scares peasants and makes heroes sound awesome for winning.
I'll add stuff to clarify that in the perk.
Basically "Stay in theme for a monster ripped from legends."
>>51165046
Honestly don't know.
>>
>>51165021
No, you're not. You're completely looking at how it balances against other jumps. Strength isn't actually that good, that useful, or that unreplicable compared to something like fiat traveling to any plane you want to, etc. It's only good in the context of defeating enemies in a combat situation in other jumps. I mean, do you really think that breaking down city walls (something you could do with a relatively small bomb) is in any way comparable to having unbreakable skin or going anywhere you want?
>>
>>51165084
Given the author is talking about how that capstone is meant just for killing and being a monster, directly above you, I'm pretty sure you're just talking bullshit.
>>
>>51165089
Anon, he used a post about how comparing two of the capstones in jump was vague to leap onto talking about how the strength perk should be in because all other jumps don't offerenough strength or some shit. He's either an idiot responding to an old conversation or a troll.
>>
>>51165084
Strength is a tool. That was my thought process.

Walker of Worlds effectively makes you auto-succeed at traveling. If you are traveling and you have a method to get somewhere you do. It is a solution to a fixed set of problems but it solves them all on its own.

Strength of Hercules gives you the biggest hammer ever. You are ridiculously strong, but that doesn't actually solve anything. It would fall to the jumper to apply that strength in a way that solves their problems.

The same is supposed to be true of the monster capstone. It gives one hell of a tool but it does not solve things for you.
>>
>>51164930
Aww. Thank you.

And yes, all the odd forms can become alt forms after the Jump is over. I'll add in a note when I tidy up the editing and ending text.
>>
>>51165064
Maybe the gift of fire from Prometheus as an item?
Wouldn't do much but it'd be a hell of a conversation starter.
>>
>>51165084
doesn't it let you do the kind of things Hercules did with his strength? That guy diverted rivers by lifting them up,hat's not a matter of mere Physical prowess
>>51165147
Was I right about that?
>>
Hey, I need something to protect my memory from some dangerous causality nonsense I might be about to inflict on myself, Any suggestions?
>>
>>51165182
Biomechanical Demonoid from Buffyverse?
>>
>>51165182
Maybe don't? What are you trying to achieve?
>>
>>51165182
Path to Recovery, from Remember Me?
>>
File: 1455988375713.gif (635KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1455988375713.gif
635KB, 500x312px
>>51164520
Gonzo Journalism has what you need! Or, at least it has something to prevent any long term
negative effect from your addiction, which is even better!
>>
>>51165219
well I I figured out a relatively safe and ethical way to test out the finality matrix to see if it actually works, My bodies are part multi-verse and the finality matrix s basically a rapidly propagating Von Neumann machine That destroys multi-verses so I figure I create a patch of beyond around one of my bodys and set it off on me, but since it works retroactively . I would not know that that body had ever Existed and thus be unable to verify that it works.
>>
>>51165284
Christ, is this your petty grudge against ASA again?
>>
>>51165304
Can't a fellow want to be prepared for the eventuality that you might have to fight an evil multi-verse without someone calling potatoes?
>>
>>51165182
There is a perk for that in Young Justice.
>>
>>51165314
You are pathetic Bancho. I can't believe you're honestly still holding onto this.
>>
>>51165314
Not when you tried to pull more roleplay dickmeasuring bullshit a couple threads ago, you can't.
>>
Anyway moving past the capstones for now.
Demi-God 500
The blood of a god flows throguh your veins making you greater then mortal men. This blood turns you into a paragon of your origin. Drop-Ins will find even a single stride is able to take them a great distance and that they seem to have been blessed by the fates themselves with great luck. Great Artists will find themselves able to create masterpieces as easily as they breathe while their effort improves their works to even grander heights. Heroes will find their strength multiplied, their body toughened, and their speed vastly increased making them all but unstoppable by mortals. Monsters will grow to truly gargantuan sizes and find that their supernatrual abilities will ahve grown with them.
All origins gain some control over their divine parents domain, sons of Zeus will be able to call down bolts of lightnig, daughters of Hades could bring forth an army of undead servants, and a child of Poseidon could create violent earthquakes.
Any Greek god is valid as a choice for this perk but be warned some parents will not be taken to kindly by the gods of Olympus.
Whcihever origin you are the blood now in your veins has enhanced the power of any 600 CP perk you may have bought.
>>
File: Bloodborne God Ending.gif (2MB, 540x267px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne God Ending.gif
2MB, 540x267px
>>51165284
>Be part of the dimensional structure
>Not becoming a being independent from the rules of reality

Stay pleb.
>>
>>51165346
Neat.
>>
>>51165350
>Not redefining the rules of reality to form only a small part of yourself
>>
>>51165314
No, we're just calling you a potato.

Sorry, I'm not one of the anons that usually pick on you, but you walked right into that one.
>>
>>51165350
I'm working on it, so far I've only managed to become part multi-verse . The next step is Shaping Myself Into laws of physics. I like better.
>>
And now for why you shouldn't jump make at three in the morning.

Receptive Doves
You have the power of Zeus. Or to be more exact the power of Zeus to succesfully impregnate anything regardless of biology, logic, or basic decency. You will have children that inherit traits from both you and their other 'parent'. Anything means anything, rocks, oceans, and wind are all valid.
Yes this does work when you're a girl.
>>
>>51165387
Oh boy.

Might want to mention how exotic the means of impregnation can be, like golden showers or swan-on-human action.

Wait, does this include cutting a daughteru out of your own skull?
>>
File: 18w2qndb2fcwijpg.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
18w2qndb2fcwijpg.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>51165376
I'm sure that even with all the genius perks, Bancho would still lose to any Jumper.
>>
>>51165381
You have a unique talent for missing the point of why people are rebuking you.
>>
>>51165387
So, basically Reverse Lilith from Lucifer?
>>
File: YB3ieWa.png (416KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
YB3ieWa.png
416KB, 496x700px
>>51165387
...Thank you, anon. I didn't know I needed this until now.
>>
File: pikacthulhu.jpg (29KB, 450x395px) Image search: [Google]
pikacthulhu.jpg
29KB, 450x395px
>>51165387
At last, a perk fit for a bard Jumper.
>>
>>51165387
YES
>>
>>51165346
Kind of excited to see what the capstone boost effects will be, especially the monster one.

Also, Great Artist stuff?

>>51165387
I need this.

Not sure how much it should cost though.
>>
>>51165400
As I said, regardless of biology, logic, or decency. If it gets in there it's happening.

As for brain daughterus. Anything includes yourself yes.

Going to put in some stuff on how they won't be any stronger then you but still.
>>
>>51165387
Look, you know I want it. I know I want it. Everyone else knows I want it.

>>51165447
That pic is wonderful
>>
>>51165350
>Filename
I misread that as good ending at first. Though that would also be appropriate.
>>
>>51165456
Would this bypass infertility?
>>
>>51165387
This is glorious.
>>
File: 0002-047.png (2MB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0002-047.png
2MB, 1114x1600px
Well, now that the Greek Myths is back on tracks, tell me Jumpers, how do you God?
>>
Who's the magician in greek mythology that tried to trap a God in his tower to steal their power?
>>
>>51165484
No, anon. It only works on the most fertile of rocks.
>>
>>51165504
I meant for living things, but yeah. I kinda asked for this didn't I?
>>
>>51165416
He does have a pretty fundamental inability to understand people, consequences, or ideas, so I always imagine him coming across as one of those two bit bad guys with no real personality or depth. Then the jumper defeats him and looks better for it.
>>
>>51165504
Yeah it needs to be a really curvy rock. Child bearing crystal formations.
>>
>>51164893

It doesn't really seem like it'd really help with connecting separate timelines like you're hoping. Even if we're going with the definition of the perk that makes your origin a preexisting reoccurring character within the plot, the best that seems like it'd do would make other people in Fate/Stay Night know who you are before you introduce yourself, maybe other stuff depending on age.
>>
File: Anon fetishes.png (2MB, 2036x3604px) Image search: [Google]
Anon fetishes.png
2MB, 2036x3604px
>>51165387
So you have finally chosen to reveal your true identity...
>>
>>51165498
Is that Shiva?

Also, pic related.
>>
>>51165527
Do you have an alternative in mind, then? Is my current plan hopeless?
>>
>>51165498
Damnit, google image search has failed me. Source?
>>
>>51165387
>>
File: tiles.jpg (3MB, 1600x8500px) Image search: [Google]
tiles.jpg
3MB, 1600x8500px
>>51165531
>>
>>51165450
>Great Artist
Basically going to be to crafting, philosophy, and art what heroes are to stabbing stuff.
>>
File: user30285_pic2158_1213256882.gif (51KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
user30285_pic2158_1213256882.gif
51KB, 416x600px
>>51165498
up close and personal,My followers have no doubt in my existence, for they have met me firsthand and witnessed my wonders.
>>
>>51165565

With King Arthur working the way it does, it seem like it'd be AU, difficult, maaaaaybe impossible, to have events carry over??? I do not keep track with the constant flow of new Jumps at all though, there might be something out there. You might be better off trying to find some method of time travel and going through one of the Fate Jump Timelines if you're looking to dabble with events.
>>
>>51165581
Youjo Senki's manga.

It's just another Reincarnation story. The main character becomes a little nazi magical girl.

I swear, what's with Japs and reincarnation stories?
>>
>>51165387

He he, giggity!
>>
>>51165658
This is disappointing. Oh well, I'll just change my plans for Fate a bit
>>
File: 1483372279691.jpg (39KB, 540x476px) Image search: [Google]
1483372279691.jpg
39KB, 540x476px
>>51165498
I'm the kind of god that people is afraid to speak my name out loud, and that they only call when they desperate.

Because there is always a price to be paid.
>>
>>51165686
Okay, you know how desperate some folks are to get into jumpchain? And how every other weak CYOA gen goes borderline suicidal from not being able to escape reality?

A segment of the Japanese anime/manga fandom has been suffering that for years, to the point an entire subgenre's been made for them.
>>
>>51165707
Just houserule that shit. We're playing pretend for no reason other than enjoyment. If a rule gets in the way of your enjoyment, just bend it.
>>
File: 1473448439074.jpg (558KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473448439074.jpg
558KB, 714x1000px
>>51165727
>Okay, you know how desperate some folks are to get into jumpchain?
Aren't you?
>>
File: The Day After Whatever.jpg (54KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Day After Whatever.jpg
54KB, 850x400px
Hi guys bit tired, Pic Related, but I got a day of- >>51165531 >>51165605 I'll just go then.
>>
>>51165498

I kinda like the Shinto route to things, where the Japanese Gods ranged from Amaterasu, goddess of the fuckin sun itself, to like. . .that water pig snake, god of some shitty bucket. I like idea of being some rando God, with that just casually coming up if I ever have to include "race" in a bio or someone asks for an introduction.

"So you're a god?" "Yep." ". . .Cool."
>>
>>51165387
Can you turn it off or are you doomed to have hordes of tissue children coming after you for child support?
>>
>>51165777
You can turn it off.
>>
Is Valeria doing Apocrypha?
>>
>>51165777
wait you wouldn't want that?
>>
File: mlbm7sJqGc1qb7j9wo1_500.gif (998KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mlbm7sJqGc1qb7j9wo1_500.gif
998KB, 500x281px
>>51165686
>little nazi magical girl
...tell me more.
>>
>>51165793
She's basically doing everything with Fate in it.
>>
>>51165793
He said that he would be doing all fate jumps eventually. Might take a long time though,
>>
>>51165815
>he
>>
>>51165686
Oh, hey. I read the first volume of the LN of that. It was pretty amusing.

... Goddamn it, now I'm going to picture God as the Hindu God, and it's going to make it impossible for me to take it seriously.
>>
>>51165793
Apocrypha is after Zero in her schedule for doing them. If she's going at the same speed as she did for Fate Stay Night we should have Apocrypha by the end of next month maybe?
>>
>>51165862
yo Heart are you planning an update to Practical Guide to Evil?
>>
Hey guys, can companions take Drawbacks for bonus CP?
>>
>>51165920
No unless it's specified.
>>
>>51165886
After the next book comes out/finishes, yes. Well, unless it ends on a cliffhanger, in which case, after the next one.
>>
File: baby_cthulhu_jumper.jpg (353KB, 656x800px) Image search: [Google]
baby_cthulhu_jumper.jpg
353KB, 656x800px
>>51165800
Not him, but no. I want pic related
>>
File: 0002-027.png (1MB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0002-027.png
1MB, 1114x1600px
>>51165862
>... Goddamn it, now I'm going to picture God as the Hindu God, and it's going to make it impossible for me to take it seriously.

He is actually only one of the gods.
>>
>>51165920

Not unless mentioned otherwise in a Jump's import or notes or something. I think only a few Jumps do that, Naruto being one off the top of my head.
>>
>>51165920
There is no official rule against it, but it's usually frown upon.

And some jumps explicitly forbid it.
>>
>>51165947
neat. is the latest version up on the drive?
>>
File: _tsumiki__by_waru_geli-d6zypxa.jpg (83KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
_tsumiki__by_waru_geli-d6zypxa.jpg
83KB, 752x1062px
>>51165498
I prefer the term "yokai", or "monster". "God" causes people to expect things of you, and "gods" tend to be insufferably full of themselves.
I'd rather be likened to the Greek Titans or Orochi than any gods.

... I mean. I AM a Scion of Loki, so I suppose that would be fitting, considering I can count Fenrir and Jormungandr and Sleipnir among my brothers.
Nobody ever worships or expects those guys to do shit, they just try not to piss them off. That's where I wanna be.

>>51165387
I'm kindof tempted to take that, if only to try and pull off some weird metaphysical bullshit.
Y'know, like some mythology has stories about some goddess or something spilling blood into the earth and forming a person of clay, who then became their child. Or some other such nonsense.
... would that even be possible?
>>
>>51165976
Huh. That's good to know. *Quietly fights urge to turn setting into jump*

>>51165994
I... think so? The version I have saved is the in-progress update, so I can't check, unfortunately.
>>
>>51166031
>I'm kindof tempted to take that, if only to try and pull off some weird metaphysical bullshit.
Y'know, like some mythology has stories about some goddess or something spilling blood into the earth and forming a person of clay, who then became their child. Or some other such nonsense.
>... would that even be possible?
That's not just possible it's basically the intended purpose.
>>
>>51166037
The one on the drive is V.5 and was uploaded yesterday? But the supplement section is more than two weeks old.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDY0dsVXNrVUNJdVU
>>
>>51166087
Oh, whoops. I'll upload the Supplement update. I don't think it did much more than expand the initial notes a little bit though, so it shouldn't affect builds.
>>
>>51166137
Thanks. I really like that jump btw. It's made me read the story which is pretty awesome. I've already made two builds and I keep using Namer in my chain. Anon I think I heart you.
>>
>>51165503
The one who tried to catch lighting or something?
>>
File: 2643.jpg (114KB, 850x453px) Image search: [Google]
2643.jpg
114KB, 850x453px
>>51165793
It's gonna be started fairly soon. Supplement should be done soon as only the second half of Skills are left and Zero won't take as long as FSN.
>>
>>51166238
>that pic
hnnng
>>
>>51166180
I'm glad to hear it!

>>51166238
So somewhat odd question. If we already have a Magic Crest from, say, KnK, can we import it into our new Magic Crest in Fate/Stay Night Realta Nu?
>>
File: 1446.jpg (155KB, 713x950px) Image search: [Google]
1446.jpg
155KB, 713x950px
>>51166292
If you like. I can't see more then cosmetic benefits so it's really just if you don't want to have two separate groups of magical circuits in that way.
>>
>>51166350
Awesome! And yeah, not wanting two separate groups of magic circuits was pretty much my whole reason.
>>
>>51166350
Would it be possible to have an NP that lessens the mana cost of passive effects?
>>
>>51166529
That doesn't really seem like it's own thing, just an add on to other abilities, so I'm gonna say no.
>>
>>51165498
I'm the kind of god that never directly intervenes, but my favour is so blatant that I may as well.
"Oh look, my alphabet soup somehow ended up showing me the exact series of steps to complete my goal. Again."
>>
>>51164127
I saw your responses to my earlier suggestions. I'd say the way to handle Tarot is make it a high-cost no-discount - you can draw a card whenever you accomplish something of note in a military campaign, which may have a positive or negative effect, and which can be burned to cast a powerful single-use spell. Remember that the cards aren't army-wreckers; their area of effect is a single squad, not a stage.
>>
>>51164731
Maybe make it so your strength depends on the task at hand? So you can carry the sky if you need to, but you'll still have to strangle that lion instead of kicking them into orbit.
>>

The final line
You are to crafting what Hercules is to punching shit

Great Artist
Genius of the Art 100 (Only first purchase free Great Artist, following purchases discounted)
You may be mortal but in some partuclar art or craft you are no ones lesser. In your particular form of art or craft you will be like Daedalus in his own. Amongst mortals you will at best be matched and will not be surpassed. Even the smiths who work Haephestus forges would be forced to recognize your talent if you are a smith, or Appolo himself would be impressed by your voice as a singer, even if it does not surpass his own.

Bronze Flows Downhill 200
In these times aquiring resources may be difficult. Bronze is rare and expensive, however with this perk it seems that the materials you require to pracitce your art will always find their way to you. A blacksmith will never run out of metal unless he is crafting at truly prodigous speeds, a musician will find that insturments of excellent quality always seem to fall into their hands when they need them, and a sculptor will never be without marble.

Automaton 400
Your creations have a degree of life to them making them able to react to the situations around them. Weapons you craft will bend and stretch to turn missed strikes into deep wounds, statues you carve will adjust themselves to be even more perfect then before, the sound of your songs will ring diffrently in each mans ear so it might be more pleasing to them, and all of your creations have a life like aura about them. At each moment your creation will change to be perfect for completing it's task in that moment. This does not grant your creations true intelligence it simply allows them to change and adapt to better fufill their function at a particular moment.
>>
>>51166955

Microcosm 600
Like ths shield of Achilles your creations can contain microcosms. You could place within a sword the power of a raging thunder storm, sing a song that carries the components of civilization that would allow it's most important ideas to be transmitted through it's words, even very complex ideas like how the men of Greece live and understand the world can be placed with a creation of yours. This empowers an item by allowing it to act in some way as if it were the thing imbued within it, albiet in a diminished from the form they are embodying. Striking a shield which contains a microcosm of Greece would be like trying to strike through Greece, being struck by a sword containing Greece would be like being struck by Greece. However the microcosms you place within items will bre greatly reduced compared to the actual thing they are embodying. A song containing civilization would only be able to get across the most important ideas with very little nuance, a sword containing a storm would strike with the force of a single thunderbolt rather then the thousands within the true storm, being struck by a shield containing Greece would be like being hit by a mounatian rather then a country.
It would take incredibly intense effort to create anything containing a microcosm more powerful or complex then Greece.
>>
Are there any magic systems that are good for setting automatic traps/sentries?
>>
>>51167095
Bartimaeus
>>
File: Nu Odin.png (191KB, 320x294px) Image search: [Google]
Nu Odin.png
191KB, 320x294px
>>51166970
>This perk tree
>Magical Item Creator EX
>Craftsman of the Gods (Viking Saga)

Time to make my bullshit 'never misses, instant kill, can only be used by myself' weapon. Also, it can only be used if you are a SJW.
>>
>>51167130
What if a girl leaves you and you become a misogynist tho? Then you won't be able to wield Bullshitnir anymore.
>>
>>51167153
>jumper must learn to love women again to be worthy
character development!
>>
>>51167153
I will become a transexual pansexual black jewish vegan woman and call the Bullshitnir to check its privileges.
>>
>>51167130
Also get Iterative Improvement.
>>
>>51164757
Maybe add on super speed? Something to put it on par with Heracles and creatures that can fight him.
>>
>>51167153
We don't actually know why the worthiness enchantment changed. Only that it's Nick Fury's fault, it happened after he told Thor some piece of information that we're not privy to.
>>
>>51166955
>>51166970
...Eeexcellent. I know what origin I'm picking.
>>
>>51167339
Hey, Thor. We're actually all comic book characters, and the new writers suck even more than usual. Prepare for something real fucking stupid to happen soon.
>>
>>51167153
That's what that one perk from Sonichu is for. You don't become a misogynist -- it just turns out they were actually evil!
>>
>>51167130
How much of an SJW?
>>
>>51167339
We're pretty sure he just whispered "check your privilege" into Thor's ear. Thereby proving Thor unworthy since he got on the wrong side of a tumblrite, and everyone knows you can never be worthy of anything after that.
>>
>>51167536
Making Marvel great again when?
>>
What are some hand to hand perks? I wanna do this jump stuff and make a dope brawler
>>
>>51164677
Look could you be honest? You don't care about balance between the perks, you want a nerf, because you don't like high level strength perks.

Honesty is the best policy.
>>
File: smug.jpg (96KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
96KB, 724x720px
>>51167609
First you'd have to make Marvel great before you make it great again, anon.
>>
>>51164757
>What would you guys reccomend to buff Walker of Worlds?
If you can go anywhere, where do you go? Give directional sense towards an objective, item, or person.
>>
>>51167644
CQC from the Metal Gear jumps, or so I've been told. Other than that, maybe Sinanju from generic Wuxia, which also comes with some... extra options, if you get what I mean.
>>
>>51167644

G gundam undefeated of the east
>>
>>51167782
I don't, sorry. Really new to this stuff
>>
>>51166970
Can we have an option to have our myths imported into other greek mythologies in different jumps?
>>
File: riddle me that.jpg (50KB, 377x298px) Image search: [Google]
riddle me that.jpg
50KB, 377x298px
>>51167741
Well, I liked some of the old Marvel comics, like Days of Future Past, and TOOT Doom.
>>
>>51167812
Sinaju, besides giving you an incredibly powerful form of martial arts (as it is considered the mother of all martial arts from the setting it comes from) also has techniques for seduction, one of which is essentially giving women orgasms so powerful it can break their minds (supposedly).
>>
>>51166955
No Galatea perk?
>>
>>51167644
The Fate/Stay Night jump has a pretty nice Drop-Ins capstone that lets you make your own vaguely supernatural martial art, although that might not be the best thing to go to early.

The entirety of the Wuxia jump is awesome for hand to hand fighting.

Hero BBS (called Yuusha Gojo something or other in the drive) has generic anime superpowered fighting for Warriors, and lets you pick any weapon to focus on and get max gains from training at. You can explicitly choose your fists instead of an actual weapon.

Gundam Future Century has the School of the Undefeated of the East, which lets you do crazy stuff like kick buildings into the sky and works really well when you're piloting mecha... you can't just directly buy it, but there's multiple perks that will give you the same type of stuff.

Fallen London also has a capstone for Drop-In/Arrival (think that was the name of the background?) which makes you really fucking good at fighting. It also has another perk line based on being a duelist that's tied to that same background.
>>
>>51167909
Your waifu is shit, and ivory. Ivory shit.
>>
Any cool stuff to grab in the Chrono Trigger jump?
>>
>>51166970
The fact that you are softcapped at mountain level when strength of hercules is sky/heavens level, makes it not quite as good. Maybe emphasize the versatility as compared to hercules, and/or make it so that experience with the perk improves the ease with which you can create more powerful/complex objects.
>>
>>51168053
Pretty sure the versatility is already there man. Are you reading the same perk?
>>
File: uranus space sword.png (642KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
uranus space sword.png
642KB, 480x800px
>>51167644
It's All In The Mind from G Gundam! It's pretty damn cool. You can do all kinds of badass martial arts stunts with that perk.

Also

Space Sword (600 CP, Discount Senshi)

The planets spin in orbit around the sun are pulled by a great force that move entire worlds. This sword has the might of that same driving force, manifesting in an overwhelmingly mighty slash that can split the ground itself. If one were to strike the earth with it, it could create earthquakes that shatter entire cities. One may send a powerful beam with this same force at will. This same force may also summon up a cutting whirlwind. It is a simple boon compared to the others, but unmatched in it’s strength.
>>
>>51166547
Is there any chance we we could get an option for something like this as a Servant/Demiservant:

You get a discount on all their skills, Noble Phantasms and the like, but you either essentially become them or they fully take you over for the duration of the jump?
>>
>>51168108
Forgot to mention but that's an item I'm putting in the updated WIP for the Sailor Moon Jump remake. What do you guys think?
>>
>>51167339
So what you're saying is that it's Sam Jackson's fault that Marvel is so shit these days?
>>
File: 2424646-m5.jpg (396KB, 1241x1174px) Image search: [Google]
2424646-m5.jpg
396KB, 1241x1174px
>>51167858
Everyone can point to a couple stories they like, anon. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
But comics have always been shit, for the same reason they're shit now. No consistency or checks between writers creating an amazing tapestry of fuckups and vomit.
>>
>>51168136
I think it'll be the most powerful magical sword in my armory, probably.
>>
>>51168143
Isn't Nick Fury white in the main comics universe?
I'm almost positive that's the case.
Just like Heimdall.
>>
>>51168136
It looks pretty cool. Only worry is that city destroying attacks might not be impressive even by the second arc of sailor moon. Are items privy to powerups you get in the jump?
>>
>>51168212
Not anymore, Essentially black fury took his place as his son or some shit.
>>
File: 4522.png (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4522.png
42KB, 500x500px
>>51168117
There's a +200 drawback to have something like that for both Demi and Pseudo Servants (One in the main jump, one in the supplement), but no, a discount on everything is too much for something that's honestly not really that bad unless you go for really specific Servants. You already gain a benefit from matching someones build that I feel is enough for an already really strong option, that if you match the build you get their spiritin you that's fine with teaching you all the tricks they know for their powers and helping you out with advice. The Demi/Pseudo option is powerful enough without getting even more discounts, sorry.
>>
>>51168078
Maybe. The examples of what the perk let's you do are hitting someone with the equivalent of a thunderbolt and blocking/hitting someone with the force of a mountain. The song with the most important nuances of a civilization doesn't read as having near as much of an impact as the other two.
>>
>>51165498
I prefer to go angel, but when I do go god, I prefer to be a kind and loving one to everybody, guiding them, protecting them, and comforting them when they need it. Forces of evil that can be redeemed are, and those that can't get RIDER KICKED.
>>
>>51168297
Perhaps try to read the rest of the perk and not take the examples as the only things you can do when it is very clearly not the case?
>>
>>51168219
Actually they are impressive. The city really only gets destroyed in the final battle of each arc (Or near the final battle of each arc when the big villain shows up).

But I don't really want to get into an argument about power level here. Also your items do get powerups.
>>
>>51164127
First off, I love the formatting here. The fact that there's flavor text and plain text associated with each selection is so nice.

It'll probably take a while for me to come up with a build for this, but first a question: are the dragons just bog standard D&D dragons? I'm wondering because I'm leaning hard on the idea of making my companions all dragons, but before I pull the trigger on that I'd like to get an idea of what OB dragons are like.

Thanks!
>>
>>51164889
Uh, aren't the cosmos supposed to be the entire universe? Making them much heavier than the sky?
>>
>>51165686
Reincarnation is a big part of buddhism.
>>
File: losthope.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
losthope.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>51168279
Please don't tell me that New Fury is Nick Fury's wife's black son. I will lose all hope if that is the case.
>>
>>51168201
I feel like comics were never meant to be good. Sure, occasionally someone like Gaiman puts out something great, but that's exceptionally uncommon. No, first and foremost, comics are meant to be fun. Something can be both stupid and fun.

I think the problem is that a lot of writers don't understand this.

>>51168212
He used to be. Then Sam Jackson asked for something in the early 2000s and now white Fury's half-black son from another universe is Nick Fury? Or something?
>>
Can someone spare some advice for a fairly new jumper?

After ages of lurking I'm finally starting to actually write up my chain. I just finished the Pokemon Trainer jump and I'm now doing the warehouse.

Which of the purchases in that supplement are actually any use farther into the chain? At first glance, a lot of the purchases look really useful, but actually seem pretty useless when I actually think about them.
>>
>>51168391
Return and Forcewall are the only really good ones imo
>>
>>51167130
>Magical Item Creator EX

From which jump?
>>
>>51168279
>>51168381
I think I would have preferred it if they had made Nick Fury like Zorro – just a title that gets passed on.
Because that's cool as fuck. They could have been like 'the man behind the eyepatch dies, but Nick Fury is immortal.'

But they had to do some familial-lineage bullshit that's stupidly complicated and doesn't make sense.
Fucking comics.
>>
>>51168391
My advice?

>Which of the purchases in that supplement are actually any use farther into the chain?
>a lot of the purchases look really useful, but actually seem pretty useless when I actually think about them
Ignore this line of thinking.

I've got a long running chain, and form the beginning I've approached it as though each decision were its own decision. Which is to say I don't impose a meta on my build. I build for themes and ideas, but I don't take X from jump A because I know that I want Y from jump B. To me that line of thought takes some of the fun out of it. Just take jumps in whatever order makes sense or catches your eye. You may want to explore certain themes -- magic, science, whatever -- but that's almost more narrative than crunch meta.

Before each build I ask myself: if I, no bullshit me, had to make this build and live with the consequences, what would I build? With a line of jumps behind me, I take character arc and motivation into mind but early on it was pure exploration for the sake of exploration.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but that's how I've approached it.
>>
>>51168391
The thing about the warehouse is, aside from its free core use in transporting loot between jumps, everything you can purchase there is a luxury which you could implement yourself.

You could gain portal magic for fast travel, you could build a house in it, you could run a cord out the door to an antenna if you want internet... and so on. Pick the options you don't think your build will cover right away, or things you don't ever want to think about.
>>
>>51168391
Return, forcewall, pods if you'd like to have more companions without blue feather shenenigans. That's the stuff you won't got anywhere else. I've also got space expansion, but you don't really need it, there's enough dimensional expansion stuff in the chain.
>>
>>51168459
Fate Servant Supplement
>>
>>51168391
Pods and Forcewall are nice.

The others depend on whether you want to get them immediately, of get them later.

Return's also decent, but can only be used once. So eh.
>>
>>51168371
It's his secret son with a black secret agent. I don't know how the hell he is supposed to be mixed with that skin tone. But its marvel.
>>
>>51168466
Also, of I remember right, the original Nick Fury is just off chilling somewhere. He didn't even have to retire because of age, since he took a serum that made him immortal.
>>
>>51168201
>Everyone can point to a couple SB jumps they like, anon. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
>But SB has always been shit, for the same reason they're shit now. No consistency or checks between writers creating an amazing tapestry of fuckups and vomit.
>>
>>51168391
It depends on how you're doing your chain. If jumps are selected at random, you'll probably get a lot more use out of Housing, as having a shower and toilet in medieval fantasy worlds is pretty great. If you're not using other supplements, Free Space is almost mandatory for storing all the shit unless you pick up some other storage power. Forcewall is good if you plan on leaving your door open a lot, but I haven't gotten much use out of it, otherwise. Similarly, Workshop is pretty useless given that you can drag a workbench and any tools you need into a corner. The Med Bay is almost required if you're random jumping, since it's almost guaranteed to need healing for yourself or a companion sometime. My first purchase was the Food Supply, and it's something that never stops being useful until you pick up no longer needing to eat, and even then, your companions can make use of it.
>>
File: tmp_4994-1480784150832819180172.png (988KB, 999x1330px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4994-1480784150832819180172.png
988KB, 999x1330px
>>51168341
Ogre Battle dragons are only distantly related to D&D dragons. Basically think of a D&D dragon without their magic. They can still fly and have a breath weapon and the super hard scales, but no magic.

Did you ever see Reign of Fire? Ogre Battle Dragons are like intelligent versions of those kinda.
>>
File: 589436_v2.jpg (93KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
589436_v2.jpg
93KB, 600x420px
>>51168381
Y'know, I'll take that. If you look at old Golden and Silver Age comics, they seem like they're nothing but a conga line of stupid bullshit, but god damn they had fun with it.

Now everyone wants to be serious and deep or commentative, and trying to send a message or make you think is perfectly fine and all, but they missed out on the part where these things are supposed to be entertaining. Which is the reason people bought comics. To be entertained.

Conversely, here's a hero I learned about from Seanbaby from the Golden Age called Dynamite. He solves problems exactly the way you think he does.
>>
>>51168575
>Seanbaby
The unsung hero of the internet.
>>
What's the best technology/power for shrinking things?
>>
>>51168572
Do they have the same mechanic where they grow stronger the older they get or is it more like a traditional organism that ages to adulthood and that's more or less it.

>Did you ever see Reign of Fire? Ogre Battle Dragons are like intelligent versions of those kinda.
That's a super helpful comparison.
>>
>>51168608
If there was a song I'd sing it loud and proud.
>>
>>51168575
I prefer Stardust the Super-Wizard or Phantomah, Queen of the Jungle, myself. Fletcher Hanks was delightfully insane. His heroes are all-powerful magic beings that delight in cruel and unusual punishments, often with "irony" that doesn't really make much sense.
>>
>>51168618
Witch of Space (debatable since Jade had First Guardian shenanigans going on) or the robot bunny from Sburb.
Crystals from Gravity Falls.
>>
>>51168644
So... like bancho?
>>
>>51168663
Yes, but actually entertaining to watch.
>>
>>51168663
thank you
>>
>>51168682
I feel like bancho would be more entertaining if not for his atrocious sense of style.
>>
>>51168692
I don't think that was a compliment, bancho.
>>
>>51168043
The best item is the golden stud, which lowers the cost of both mana and chi spells / techniques. The best perk is Legendary Hero, which lets your attacks scale up based on size difference between you and whatever you attack. Stab Godzilla's ankle with a longsword and watch his foot come off.
>>
>>51168714
Something doesn't actually have to be meant as a complement to be flattering you know
>>
>>51168716
Thanks. I think I'm gonna get the Alluring Outfit too...
>>
>>51168575
Exactly. People want to do something deep and meaningful. And that's fine. But generally the people writing comic books have no idea how to to that, so you just end up with Peter Parker selling his marriage to the devil to save someone who wants to die.
>>
>>51168725
I really don't see how you could interpret "cruel and unusual punishments" as flattering, but I guess with your mindset everything is possible. I'm impressed.
On the other hand, considering how often people here speak about killing someone for the slightest slight, it's understandable, I guess.
>>
>>51168539
That's much better. For a second there I was starting to think that all these modern comics were some kind of prank by /pol/. That would actually explain a lot of what's going on.
>>
>>51168716
>golden stud
does it bolster your energy pool or does it just make you resistant to fatigue?
>>
>>51164127
So if you go Dragon or Pumpkinhead, which is an under rated horror classic, you don't have skill trees or classes that grant discounts to skill trees. Is that correct?
>>
>>51168391
This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. What are people's thoughts on non- QS supplements? From what I've seen on this thread, some people are ok using them while others refuse to acknowledge them entirely.
>>
>>51168768
>One More Day bullshit
I hated that too but it sort of makes sense. He lost his parents, he lost Ben by his own fault. He felt so guilty about May dying that he was willing to sacrifice everything to undo it. It's dumb and lame but at least it's in character.
>>
>>51168768
I think a big problem that people have with making something deep and meaningful is that they make the mistake between talking about an issue and saying something about an issue. It's very easy to just use a potentially-meaningful idea as set dressing to a story, it's hard to actually make meaningful commentary on them.
>>
>>51168798
You can use them... if you don't talk about it. Most people will be ass-blasted if you do it in public, but they can't really do anything about it.
>>
>>51168789
The item reads as doing both. The in game item has a 75% reduction to mana costs.
>>
>>51168768
... Hold on, is this a random hypothetical, or something that actually happened? Because it sounds too dumb to be the first, but knowing comics...

>>51168816
... What. It actually happened?
>>
>>51168777
I actually read the comics in question, they're pretty cool
>>
>>51168843
Too dumb to not be the first*, sorry.
>>
>>51168843
Yeah, it's a real thing. Turns out that being a plucky, smart-mouthed hero doesn't really help you come out on top when you make an actual deal with an actual devil.

Who'da thunk it.
>>
>>51168843
>What. It actually happened?
Oh, bless your sweet summer heart anon.
>>
>>51168816
It really isn't. Not for a character whose most famous catchphrase is 'With Great Power comes Great Responsibility'. It makes Peter look like one of the scummiest, most irresponsible Marvel characters ever, and that is no small feat.
>>
>>51168840
pretty amazing
>>
>>51168840
Now how much does the one you actually can buy do?
>>
>>51168907
>When worn, even your mightiest spells can become mainstays of battle without issue, while lesser techniques may be invoked almost effortlessly.

I'd say 75% is probably accurate.
>>
>>51168907
About 75% for Chrono Trigger magic, probably... about 25% for anything else?
>>
File: Miniwa.Tsumiki.240.1888369.jpg (20KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Miniwa.Tsumiki.240.1888369.jpg
20KB, 240x240px
>>51168391
Way down the line as jumps progress into the tens and fifties and hundreds, you can basically mimic just about anything, provided you've got the ability to build for it. That said, I mean, building stuff would take up small amounts of your warehouse for the infrastructure, so keep that in mind. Also, most people assume the forcewall works off fiat, which means it's unbreakable, which means it's INCREDIBLY useful. After that it's just... y'know, whatever you think you like and would be useful when you're starting out.

Personally, my build went like this:

Warehouse
> Utilities:
> + Electricity [-10CP]
> + Plumbing [-10CP]
> Structures:
> + ForceWall [-20CP]
> + Medbay [-20CP]
> Miscellaneous:
> + Portal [-30CP]
> + Free Space [-30CP]
> + Food Supply [-10CP]
> + Return [-20CP]

The electricity and plumbing are for the unending-but-limited supplies of power and water, which are nice, especially starting out. Forcewall is a given. MedBay was for health concerns throughout initial jumps -- y'know, before I became a monster.
Portal was for ease of access; some people prefer to just learn how to build doors very quickly, but meh. Lazy. I can drop a portal on the ground and I'm home no matter where I am.
Freespace is a gimme. Food Supply was for laziness and extra rations.

Return is an emergency fuckoff option, in case I decide to quit the chain and retire in some other world. It's never been used, and likely never will be.
But hey. Sometimes we all buy dumb shit.
>>
>>51168835
Why do people have a problem with them? I know these threads have a track record for getting salty over certain things, but this seems like a pretty inoffensive thing for people to have such strong opposition to.
>>
>>51168798
IMO they make things too easy.
I'm not saying "Warehouse is the One True Supplement! Behead those who insult QS!" Hell, I have mixed feelings about the body mod because it's so stupid about things. But the things that allow you to basically store things without regard for their size or state of life just drain any challenge out of trying to find solutions to logistical problems.
I guess if you're not autistic enough to derive enjoyment from packing problems, go ahead and use whatever supplements you want.
>>
>>51168907
>>51168923
>>51168883
>>51168840
>>51168789
>>51168716
>>51168043
Not Chrono Trigger, but since we're talking about MP cheese items I feel compelled to mention the Celestriad. The Celestriad is available in FF6 and lowers the MP cost of all spells to 1MP. Yes, I said it lowers them /to/ 1MP, not lowers them /by/ 1MP. Yes, that also includes the top tier spells in the game regardless of whether they're normal spells, espers, or summons.

You wear that bugger, pair it with some mana efficiency perks, and enhanced mana regen perks, and there's no reason you can't spam your most powerful spells for as long as you're able to stay awake.
>>
>>51168843
You never heard about One More Day and Brand New Day? Yeah, Peter Parker sold his marriage to the devil in order to resurrect Aunt May. You know how some comic writers clearly have way too much nostalgia for how the stories were in their youth, and hate how the characters have evolved and changed, so they'll try to get back to the old version? Like when Barry Allen was brought back from the dead, or stuff like that? One More Day was J. Michael Strazinky's attempt to do that for Spiderman. It basically reset Spiderman to where he was in the seventies. Got rid of his marriage, made him live with Aunt May again, returned his secret identity after the demasking, removed all the stuff having to do with The Other...it wiped the board clean. And to be fair, there were some great stories post-OMD that capitalized on classic Spidey tropes. But it was clear that the point was just nostalgia for nostalgia's sake, those stories weren't worth wiping away the last forty years of character development. You could have done some alternate continuity stuff, J. Michael, no need to shit over canon for the sake of your nostalgia boner.
>>
>>51168953
MP isn't actually something that exists, and the Celestriad available in-jump isn't nearly that good.
>>
>>51168466
Nick Fury is just a very successful brand of LMDs. The real one died alone. A long long time ago.
>>
>>51168625
They do become slightly more powerful with age, but nothing like D&D Dragons. The breath weapon is slightly stronger and their hide grows thicker, but that's about it.

I'm glad that helps. I add that comparison and clarification into the notes.
>>
>>51165387
Some part of me knows that some Jumper is going to take this and impregnate a planet, somehow. Some part of me just knows it.
>>
>>51168975
MP is just a measure of mana by a different name, and while you're right that the in-jump version isn't as power there isn't anything stopping you from grabbing the in-universe one for yourself.
>>
>>51168795
You still have your Origin's Perk tree, but you do miss out on the classes, yes.
>>
File: Compa Stare.jpg (32KB, 460x257px) Image search: [Google]
Compa Stare.jpg
32KB, 460x257px
>>51168973
This sort of thing is why I don't read comics.

Wait. How is resurrecting someone supposed to remove 40 years of character development? That feels like it'd just add to it. Did the devil turn back time or something?

>>51169002
It's from Greek Mythology, why would someone choosing to bang Gaia surprise you?
>>
>>51169019
The in-universe one isn't that powerful, either. Or if it is, it only applies to Final Fantasy magic.
>>
>>51168975
>>51169019
How do you know the jump version isn't as good? Did the author state as much?
>>
>>51169019
The jump has the item available for CP. It's not "1 mp" but it's very good. Since the jump has been un-game-ifyed you can assume the in universe one is the same.
>>
>>51169039
Pretty sure Gaia only banged Uranus and Tartarus. And the latter was only to produce children to take revenge on the Greek gods. No non-Primordial has ever been able to sleep with her.
>>
>>51169043
The in universe one does exactly what I said it does: it lowers the cost of magic to 1MP. Even if that is only FF magic, there are some pretty great spells in FF and having them cost the mana equivalent of 1MP, which is damn near negligible, it's still pretty amazing. The ability to rez groups and individuals, cast meteo, and all other manner of powerful spells for only 1MP is pretty damn awesome.

>>51169056
Eh, it's how you read the wording. The in-jump version says it greatly reduces the MP cost of all internally-fueled magic. It doesn't quantify, so I suppose you could argue that it does what the in-universe does. I was just addressing sourpuss!anon's objections.
>>
>>51169039
>Wait. How is resurrecting someone supposed to remove 40 years of character development? That feels like it'd just add to it. Did the devil turn back time or something?
Hell if I know. But it did. Ostensibly, the reason is that it made it so that Peter and MJ never got married, and that retcon cascaded to affect a lot of things down the line. But there are plenty of things that should have happened whether MJ was in the picture or not, that didn't in the new timeline. It's pretty clear the real reason was "J. Michael Strazinsky doesn't like them, and is using the timeline-change as an excuse to get rid of them". It didn't even make it so that Peter and Mary Jane never met in the first place, they just broke up before things got particularly serious between them and later drifted apart.
>>
>>51169039
>Did the devil turn back time or something?
He retconned it, retconned all of it. Dead people come back to life, relationships changed, living arrangements altered, he didn't half ass it that's for sure.
>>
>>51169056
Basically, yes.

>This accessory greatly reduces the amount of energy, mana, MP, and the like that it takes to cast any sort of spell that relies solely on internal magic. It doesn't reduce it to nothing, but field-clearing fireball will take far less out of you than before, even if it took just as long to cast and did just as much damage as before. It's worth noting that this extends to summoning magic as well, since the cost is the spell to bring the esper to you and not for its use of its own abilities.

It only "greatly reduces" the energy required. Not nearly as good as reducing even the most powerful spells down to 1 MP. And since it explicitly says that it doesn't reduce it to nothing, it's probably safe to assume that it doesn't reduce it to next to nothing, either.
>>
>>51169036
Okay, that makes more sense now. Thank you.
>>
>>51169002
Could be worse, I could see a jumper going to fate and seduce Excalibur.
>>
>>51169096
There's absolutely no evidence that the Celestriad actually exists in the setting.
>>
>>51169096
Has the author ever said the in universe one is different than the cp version? If not, the "1 cp" mechanic is probally just that. A game mechanic. Especially considering the author went to the trouble of making it a cp item.

There are enough infinite mana paths in jumpchain without adding cheesy non-jumpmaker rulings.
>>
>>51168043
The crafting perks are so good they got nerfed and are still worth buying. There's also infinitely replenishing quantities of high-quality crafting materials.
>>
>>51169002
Lies, lies and slander! Maybe. . .
>>
>>51169172
There's absolutely no evidence that you aren't Anthony Burch.
>>
>>51169195
This is the item's actual description in-game.

>Necklace with three star-shaped bangles on its chain. Reduces the MP cost of all magic to 1.
>>
>>51169093
Fair enough.

>>51169114
>>51169121
Sigh. Yeah, I'm just going to... I dunno. Continue despairing?
>>
>>51169172
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Stars_(item)
>>
Is Gilgamesh a valid fusion for Demi-Servant?
>>
>>51169002
Makes me think of the novel "Someone Comes To Town, Someone Leaves Town". The protagonist's father is a mountain, and his mother is a washing machine. He's a completely normal human. His home life was weird.
>>
>>51169227
Half the process of making a jump is adapating it to jumpchain. Would rolling a barrel down an incline kill Scion just like it does Mario? Nope. Would a celestriad actually reduce mp to "one"? Nope.
>>
>>51169238
So it's just game mechanics. It's not actually referenced in lore, cutscenes, etc.

And something that lowers all magic costs to 1 MP is something you'd expect entire wars to be fought over, so the fact that it's not mentioned at all is probably a sign that it doesn't really exist.
>>
>>51169292
Now I want to read the story of the child of Ohio, and a floor tile.
>>
>>51169310
No offense, anon, but that's kind of lame comparison. Scion is more durable than Mario, so of course the barrel wouldn't kill him. On the other hand, the Celes-whatever could reduce the MP cost to one, because that's a universal/generic/I don't know what the right word is but whatever it is insert it here thing.
>>
File: headpatsqroi0952902k.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
headpatsqroi0952902k.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>51169332
>>51169310
Alright snookums, it's your party and you run it however you want. Just keep it down and try not to hurt yourself.
>>
>>51169369
I swear to God, this phone of mine...
>>
>>51169310
That comparison doesn't work. Mario getting killed by barrels is necessary as both a function of the game genre and the game itself. It's not supported or referenced in anything at all. The Celestriad is explicitly described in its lore to reduce all MP costs to 1.
>>
>>51169332
Just like almost every magical item in every jrpg ever. Not a great argument there anon.

Who's to say people don't have these items? They drop from monsters it seems, why can't others have it off screen since it's not important to the main plot? Are worlds limited to only having what exists as shown directly in the game as all that exists in them?
>>
>>51169310
>Would rolling a barrel down an incline kill Scion just like it does Mario?
No, but it would reduce him to "mini-Scion". He'd just regenerate, though, he's got a ridiculous stock of Power Mushrooms.
>>
>>51169258
If you can pay for him.
>>
>>51169419
Haha. This is now my house rule.
>>
>>51169433
It's Yakuza, you think he's going to bother paying?
>>
>>51169310
So what you're saying is that half the process of making a jump is imposing arbitrary restrictions and dubious interpretations on whatever you feel like even though there's literally nothing to support that? Okay, anon. Not gonna lie, that happens all the time.
>>
Is prisma Illya finished, and can i get angelica as a companion?
>>
>>51169406
Lore is not the same as effect text. Do you have an example of dialogue, cutscene, anything other than game mechanics to support the 1mp effect?
>>
How tall is the warehouse supposed to be?
>>
>>51169478
Do you have an example of anything that works against the only source of info we have?
>>
>>51169513
The jump document. It offers a non-1mp effect version of the celestriad. Literally the WoG in that jump.
>>
File: museum.gif (3MB, 525x225px) Image search: [Google]
museum.gif
3MB, 525x225px
>>51169478
You're just trying so hard today.
>>
>>51169478
>Lore is not the same as effect text.
It is here. Just look at FFVI's item descriptions, and you'll see that all of them mesh lore with mechanics. Like, stuff in mechanics still exists in the game, you know? They're at the very least supposed to be representations of a given world.

>Powerful magic orb sealing away a mysterious power. Boosts maximum MP by 50%.
>Studded bracelet that radiates a mysterious power. Boosts the wearer's strength.
>Beads used in meditation by warriors of a foreign land. Boosts evasion.
>Wings said to have been made from an angel's feathers. Casts Float on the wearer.

There's no reason to include the item effect in the text as well when there are built-in indicators elsewhere. Unless, of course, the effects are actually present.
>>
>>51169450
Do you see anybody named Yakuza here? No? Then stay on topic.

>>51169433
Do the stats need to be exactly the same, or can I buy weaker ones?
>>
>>51169467
Unfortunately no, we haven't seen the jump maker in a bit.
>>
>>51169510
It's intentionally ambiguous. The answer is roughly "tall enough that you won't have problems fitting most things in it, but not so tall that you can significantly exceed the floor space limitations by extending upwards".
>>
>>51169540
By an author taking an arbitrary, unsupported view of an item that does not fit with any and all available info on it. And even then, it is still only WoG for the thing offered in the jump document, not what exists in world. A jumpmaker has final say over their jump, not over the setting the jump is based on. They did not make the setting, thus they can only advise on what is possible in it, not decide what is or isn't canon. That's something only the actual author has any legitimacy to do.

So try again please anon, with something concrete.
>>
>>51169419
That's something I've been wondering about. Is Mario normally small, and the mushrooms make him a giant? Or is he usually big, and beating the shit out of him turns him into a midget? Everyone else in the Mushroom Kingdom seems to be scaled to the big size.
>>
>>51169563
>Do you see anybody named Yakuza here? No? Then stay on topic.
Don't be cute, Yakuzanon. Just like Tera is always Tera, regardless of what name he's wearing, so too are you always Yakuzanon.
>>
>>51169590
Just like you'll always be Scatovore.
>>
File: 422.jpg (220KB, 850x1457px) Image search: [Google]
422.jpg
220KB, 850x1457px
>>51169258
If you can pay for his build, sure.

>>51169563
If it would be enough to validly summon him as a Servant normally, then it's valid enough for Demi's flavour option.
>>
>>51169510
50 feet. 100 feet split between the base and as much of a second floor as you want, if you buy Loft.

Source: that's my warehouserule.
>>
File: rock flag and eagle.jpg (32KB, 736x405px) Image search: [Google]
rock flag and eagle.jpg
32KB, 736x405px
DotA 2 Retcon:

Strength Hero
The Radiant
Icewrack
A Light In The Darkness
The Strength of a Hero 200
Tiny 500
Earth Spirit 800
Master of Ice 1300
Helm of Iron Will
Javelin
Burn Victim 1200
Feeder Infestation 1000

I decided I already had a couple of Mjolnirs and lightning powers so altered my build. Altering the build was the very first thought I had when I woke up today. Guess I've got brain problems!

Replaced it with Tiny which is a rock absorbing, rock tossing, growth perk that doesn't seem to cap off but takes a while to reach it's full potential. Main reason for taking this was A) I don't think I had totally unlimited growth potential until this perk so that's pretty great and B) because it mentions proportional strength. Proportional strength may be thought of as a given but it's nice to have it insured by a perk.

With this build alone I'm pretty monstrous pretty quickly in terms of strength. All the perks but Master of Ice and the freebies give a considerable boost to strength and most of the buff potential as well. Combine that with constant growth and the boulders, glaciers and hills I can toss around and it all gets pretty titanic.

I figure in looks I'd look mostly handsome human albeit made of stone with hair and horns made of snow/ice. Given names tend to be silly/descriptive in DotA2 I'll go by Mountain Man or maybe Man Mountain. Or Mr. Mountain. Or the Mountain King. Something with mountains.
>>
>>51169583
Well, Mario is not native to the Mushroom Kingdom. Whether or not you accept the theories about there being a Mario Senior and Mario Junior, it's canon that the Mario that the majority of the games follow came from another world as an infant. Luigi, too. So I just assume that the people of the Mushroom Kingdom are taller than humans are in whatever world Mario came from, and he needs the Power Mushrooms to grow to match their size.
>>
>>51169634
Do NPs count as "magical abilities" for the purposes of anti-magic and other things that affect magic? I mean, they're all mana constructs/run on mana, but that doesn't mean they're "magic".
>>
The author can dictate any changes to the setting to make it compatible with jumpchain. Adjusting game mechanics to be a more real-world analogue is a very common style. Some jumps stick with a videogame style, but the majority switch to "What would this be like if it were an actual world."

Content creators have far more creative control than what you are stating.

And yes, "What would this be like if this were a real world" means celestriad does not equal 1mp. But we obviously fundamentally disagree with no hope of compromise, so further arguing is pointless.
>>
>>51169673
Oh, that's a tricky one. I'd say it depends on the NP and the state of the Servant really. In jump, I'd reckon it'd be like you say and work on them all since they're all just supernatural constructs. Post jump when they become real, it'd depend on the type of NP. Ability based ones wouldn't be affected unless they directly deal with manipulating magical energy, skill based ones are obvious, anything else (Item, mounts, vehicles etc) probably all count as magical items.
>>
File: laugh1477619455509.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
laugh1477619455509.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>51169629
Nah, I'm just a dude that remembers your in-thread fuckups. Like how you went on and on about a jump you didn't complete? I remember that. Or when you tried to make rulings on Val's jumps? I remember that too.

I don't go out of my way to bring these things up, but when you invite comments, as you did by passive-aggressively bitching at someone for reminding you, and everyone else, of your history, I will likely comment.
>>
>>51169716
Alright, thanks.
>>
what jump is that blue feather thing from? I hear it brought up a lot.
>>
>>51169714
That's your opinion on all these issues, not fact. Imagine if CCDT came over and said Harry Potter magic now must all be pronounced through farting or it doesn't work. It doesn't fit any info in canon and directly contradicts most of what we know. Would you accept that? It's just as contradictory as changing the celestriad from everything we know in canon.

Also, game mechanics. This is again your view. You keep saying that it must change to not be the equal of reducing things to 1 mana as if it's a certain thing but fail to give good reasons for why this is. Why can't this be a thing that exists in universe as is? Do you take the view that the only things that exist in any jump is what you see on screen in the original property?

If you don't want to continue any further, then I hope you have a good day.
>>
How powerful is Fate Excalibur's 'fuck off' beam?
>>
>>51169851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ60hbFo0oI
>>
>>51169808
But it's true. Game Jump worlds are much larger than the little bitty fifty-people cities you see in FFVI. We also assume you can use attack spells outside of combat, even though you can't in-game.
>>
>>51169808
Not that guy, but I try to translate game mechanics into something less game-y. I'm assuming it FF has a mp pool in the hundreds at the very least, right? For something reducing casting to 1 mp, I'd just say the spells were a paltry effort.
Really it's all about personal opinions. I don't think anyone can really say that one way of doing something is the only right way.
>>
>>51169736
You say you're not Scatovore, and yet, look, here you are, trying to start a shitstorm.

>>51169634
What exactly are the "minimum requirements"
?
>>
>>51169806
Harvest Moon
>>
>>51169859
First off, wow, that's pretty awesome. Secondly, why is there a fishman inside a giant goo monster.
>>
>>51169883
Yes, that's what I'm saying is the right thing, to think that worlds can be larger then just what you see in game, rather then taking the lack of some war over a single item as proof that it doesn't exist.
>>
>>51169900
If you really think he's just trolling then stop replying to him.
>>
File: BlackguardTurnedPaladin.jpg (453KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
BlackguardTurnedPaladin.jpg
453KB, 1360x768px
>>51164077
I like a good old fashioned Sword. If the sword happens to be bigger than I am that's just fine with me.

>>51165387
I MIGHT need this for Hastur.
Also my psychopomp waifus.

>>51165498
110% LOVE & JUSTICE! GO FORTH AND DO GOOD MY FOLLOWERS! Defeat Evil! Protect the Innocent! Help the Innocent learn how to protect themselves and one another! Build things that might help others in need! Also don't forget to search for Love, a Love that will define you for the rest of your days, be merry and joyful! This world, and indeed all worlds, are beautiful and such be treated as such!

TDLR:I am a god of Paladins, smart paladins, not Lawful Stupid, or Stupid Good.

>>51166955
>>51166970
This is just beautiful man.

>>51168201
>That Comic
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>51169002
Gaia is the "Best" waifu in Jumpchain anon. I mean the one from EVO, not the one from Exalted. God no.
>>
>>51167644
Kung fu hustle is this in a nutshell.
Fable has a spell for punching people six times for each hit for up to 4 separate hits if you're okay with magic involved.
Disgaea gets really silly with how stronk you can get and has some decent perks.
History's Strongest Disciple is an absurd fighting manga.
Medaka Box has a reflexes ability and intercept the enemy before they move perk with a dirty fighting perk.
Pokemon jump has expert marine CQC on the cheap.
PKMN Mystery Dungeon has perfect bodily coordination.
Onepunch Man for mysterious being or mighty skill. Be discount Saitama or work up to it.
Generic Xianxia...less actual perks for fighting but training physical stuff is in abundance there.
Kid Radd has giant killer for punching things no matter how big as if they were the same height as you, and programmed to fight.

>>51168391
Ask yourself what you intend to use this personal pocket space warehouse for. Build accordingly, everything else comes second to that. Force wall is the only one I'd stress on. I personally always grab the electric, heat/ac, and water regardless of if I use it as a mobile base/pure storage facility/home away from home/directed weapon.

Really in the long run you could probably do anything in that list one way or another. Force wall of nothing gets in or pods of bringing others along might not be possible otherwise but yknow. Do what you think is fun.

>>51168572
Nice pic. So are the forces here objective good and evil or is it just tyranny vs la revolution?

>>51168937
Inertia, coupled with oldfag mentality from what I've seen. Some have genuine problems such as letting you ignore original rules like companion limit which triggers some people. Others just need an outlet to vent and they make good targets to them.

>>51169258
Refuses to let you have anything because why let mongrels access his stuff?

>>51169510
As tall as it needs to be.
>>
>>51169716
No him, but would you say magic boosters affect ability NPs? Maybe not in raw power, but most of them basically amount to "create more powerful effects for less magical energy", so would they potentially lessen the cost of some by requiring less magic to produce the same effects?
>>
>>51169900
Why are you still responding, you idiot?
If you think it's bait, and then you bite, you must be a retard. Or a masochist.
>>
>>51169963
>Or a masochist.
Are you not?
>>
>>51169651
This build rocks.
>>
File: 532.jpg (273KB, 850x1530px) Image search: [Google]
532.jpg
273KB, 850x1530px
>>51169920
Caster in Fate/Zero was a very lovecraftian man, in that he summoned lots of tentacle monsters, eventually culminating in not!Cthulhu there.

>>51169900
You need to mostly match their build. It's fine to lower a Noble Phantasm to weaker levels or drop a rarely used one entirely, or to have some stats one rank lower or miss a rarely used skill, but overall they have to be recognisable and comparable in build to their normal Servant self. For Gil, it's fine to have his GoB just be the one you can get in jump but pretty much everything else- Class, Stats, Skills, NPs- needs to be as close as possible. You should aim for most of them being the same rank as his, with only a couple being one or two ranks lower.

>>51169962
If abilities aren't affected by antimagic, they won't get buffed by magic boosters. If they are affected by antimagic, then so too are they by boosters. Something like Godhand can't be dispelled (I think, I'm pretty fucked up from lack of sleep and resurgence in sickness so my memory is shot) but something like say...I dunno actually, I can't think of a canon example. I guess if you can think of an ability NP that is powered by mana actively, as in it's effects only work with magical energy, then that probably works with boosters and is shut down by antimagic. Sorry I can't help much there.
>>
Warrior G-
the fighting spirit of a giant robot and veteran of many great wars , the great battler Warrior G was the mind of banchô-Anon's driver belt before ascending into part of the choir but his time in the chorus did not agree with him , and so banchô-Anon promotes him sideways into a third Circle demon, but in freeing him of the influence of the choir Warrior G loses access to the vast majority of banchô-Anon's mental, spiritual and mystic abilities as well as his shape shifting and numerous alternate forms in trade for an ability to absorb both supernatural artifacts and copy the mystical abilities of others as easily as banchô-Anon copies their non-supernatural abilities and absorbs technology and biological abilities. Furthermore, he has been granted banchô-Anon's limitless ability to improve himself, his copies of Monique's evolutionary powers and full access to banchô-Anon's Cybertronian body.

intimacies : all aspects of the military, helping others improve themselves, strategy , righteous causes, giant fighting robots, outer space
>>
>>51169940
That image always bothers me. Joshua Graham prettied up and given an eyepatch via a mod makes him an anime character.
>>
>>51170077
I just like the pose and the quote man
>>
>>51169941
The two sides are pretty classic good vs evil. The Queen used to be the "doing evil for good reasons" kind, but by the start of the game she's been messing with dark powers for so long it's corrupted pretty much everybody near her.
>>
>>51170163
Thanks for the answer. Not too far gone for corruption to fix, hopefully? Putting aside the difficulty and means of doing so I'm not familiar enough to know if there's anything left to save or not.
>>
>>51170046
Huh. That sounds doable. According to the wiki, Gil's stats for Stay Night are fairly low, and Ea and Enkidu are a no-go (They are, right?) so that frees up some points.
>>
How dangerous is Cardcaptor Sakura? Would I have reasonable chances of surviving if I went in after... say, one to ten relatively lower-powered (like barely any greater than IRL, if at all) jumps?
>>
>>51170353
You'd need both Ea and Enkidu, as they're his only NPs other than GoB, which you're already dropping from the full version.
>>
>>51169114
JMS actually took his name off the comic and said it was all editorial idea from Joe Quesada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Quesada#Marvel

He hated modern peter and wanted him like he was when he was growing up. Also its a weird incest thing as well involving his daughter as peter's next girlfriend.
>>
On a scale of one to ten, how bad of an idea would it be to create Evangelions made from Great Old One DNA? I have Shaper's Authority to maintain their loyalty and perks to handle the madness aura most GOOs have.
>>
>>51169510
I think someone found the warehouse the photo in the supplement was from on Google and it was something like 40 feet, if you want to go that route. Other people just say it's about as half as tall as it is wide. Or tall as it is wide, so it makes a cube. Or just infinitely huge so that they can fit everything into their warehouse as needed.
>>
File: Dreams.jpg (5MB, 5000x1991px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams.jpg
5MB, 5000x1991px
What are the best dream related powers/perks?
>>
>>51168779
You're in for a shocker Nick Fury never stopped aging. He in fact locked himself up on the moon, and was using LMDs to cover up the fact he was aging. Seeing how LMDs were always his thing, kinda like Doombots, no one questioned why he had so many. He even killed Uatu the Watcher to keep his secret. Then he whispered something to Thor and Thor became unworthy of Mjolnir.

In the end of Battleworld, Odinson/The Unworthy had been using a Mjolnir from another universe. This one required the person to be un-worthy. But his final moments before Richard reset everything, he became worthy again. As he could no longer use the other Mjolnir. Yet this is conviently ignored.
>>
>>51170462
Isn't he same guy who put his deceased son as Kid Nova, and killed off Richard Rider?
>>
>>51170578
What the actual fuck.

That can't be real, I don't believe you.
>>
>>51170578
Wow, and here my brother and I constantly joked about Nick Fury always being a LMD whenever he's on screen. Kinda sad to see they messed up canonizing it so badly.
>>
>>51170565
Probably the BEST one is Dream Demon from Gravity Falls. It essentially makes you a reality warper, albeit only in dreams.
But there are also dream magic perks in, I think, Wheel of Time (Wolf Brother), and Changeling (Oneiromancer). You can also buy several lucid dreaming perks from a variety of jumps, I believe, including Chrono Trigger, Sburb, and... I forget where else.

Also, I feel like 3.5 D&D had a few dream-related spells or classes in, like, I dunno, I wanna say maybe the Libris Mortis manual? So you could probably pick those up in Forgotten Realms Jump. Maybe.
If my memory isn't just making shit up again, anyway.
>>
>>51168391
I think Portal, Link, Forcewall, and Return are the important ones.

Portal and Link are very handy because it means you can always have your warehouse open, even between relocating the portals. This is very important if you use it as a base of operations with people working inside it.

>>51170565
You'll want to go to Paprika, for lots of things, and to Gravity Falls for Dream Demon.
>>
>>51170787
>Also, I feel like 3.5 D&D had a few dream-related spells or classes in, like, I dunno, I wanna say maybe the Libris Mortis manual? So you could probably pick those up in Forgotten Realms Jump. Maybe.
>If my memory isn't just making shit up again, anyway.
You were close. Oneiromancy and stuff's in Heroes of Horror.
>>
File: mjolnir.jpg (174KB, 1024x716px) Image search: [Google]
mjolnir.jpg
174KB, 1024x716px
>>51169651
DotA 2 Reretcon:

Strength Hero
The Radiant
Icewrack
A Light In The Darkness
Temperance of Thousands 200
The Strength of a Hero
Tiny 500
Earth Spirit 800
Master of Ice 1300
Outcast Blade
Helm of Iron Will
Javelin
Mjollnir
Burn Victim 1200
Feeder Infestation 1000

So SMTAnon pointed out I hadn't read the jump properly as I'd charged myself for a perk that was free and ignored the free CP for items.

So the additions include the return of Mjollnir and bringing the lightning as well as the Outcast Blade which is a needlessly large sword that doesn't slow down as it chops through something. It also hits people behind the people you're hitting which is handy and as with all interesting weapons it'll get merged into the Stick.

In the perks department I also picked up Temperance of Thousands. It was really a toss up between this and Beastmaster but Temperance seemed to work on a much larger scale. Temperance allows you to bring out the best in people through example/speeches causing people to generally do unto others, etc. etc. Pretty great with radio/TV speeches and generally a good get if you ever want to set up a utopia/make communism work.
>>
>>51170405
Probably a stupid question, but do I buy Gil's "effective" Divinity, or actual?
>>
>>51170888
Whatever's on his stat sheet. Which I believe is his effective one.
>>
File: ed91f5ebed13dbe361aee0265f914516.jpg (270KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ed91f5ebed13dbe361aee0265f914516.jpg
270KB, 800x1000px
>>51170850
DAMN. THAT WAS ACTUALLY MY FIRST GUESS.
But I thought, "No, that can't be right!", and I went with Libris Mortis INSTEAD, because it sounded MORE INCLUSIVE.
FUCK MY LIFE
>>
>>51164077
Currently? My martial arts. Early chains where It is easyer to learn weapons before martial arts? I go with rope darts, metal whips, chains... long whip stuff basically.
>>
>>51170901
Alright, how much is Enkidu worth, by the way? The wiki doesn't list a rating for it.
>>
>>51170901
Val, can ae take Arthuria as a Servant in the new Fate jump, or does Shirou already have her?
>>
>>51171006
Mm, it doesn't. Just go with A rank I guess. Seems about right.

>>51171013
Sure, you just replace Shiro as a Master, meaning he drops out of the war and probably dies to Lancer.
>>
Why did no one tell me KonoSuba was getting a second season? And why did no one tell me it already started? More importantly Konosuba jump when?
>>
>>51171093
Alrighty then. Here's the theoretical build:

B-ranked Strength: 50SP
C-ranked Mana: 100SP
C-ranked Endurance: 0SP
C-ranked Agility: 0SP
B-ranked Luck: 150SP

Independent Action A+: 150SP
Magic Resistance:0SP

A+-ranked Charisma: 200SP
B-ranked Divinity: 150SP
A-ranked Golden Rule: 200SP

EX-ranked Ea: 450SP
C-ranked Gate of Babylon: 100SP
A-ranked Enkidu: 200SP

Combined total: 1750SP

Anything wrong with it?

Also, damn i'm going to have to get a few drawbacks to afford this.
>>
>>51169716
Huh. So I probably couldn't use Ensoul from CCS to arm my bodyguards with God Hand? I suppose there's always Sacrificial Bestowment...
>>
>>51171093
Actually Valeria wouldn't Enkidu be one of those NP's that's low in Rank but has lots of +'s behind it cause it's only strong in a situational manner? (Against Divine Beings and is more effective the higher it goes)
Just a thought that came to mind. I mean going by the metric of the numbers you could equal an A+ Rank Strength with a C+++(? Maybe B+) NP, just by numbers I know it's a bad metric but it is one provided both by yourself and the wiki so I was just using it to show it. I'll actually
>>
>>51171318
Meant B+++ here sorry.
>>
>>51171245
Seems alright.

>>51171300
Guess so.

>>51171318
If the pluses were ever consistent I'd suggest that but most of the time it seems to basically fall to "This is really just a power boost we're using in lieu of going to S, SS and SSS ranks". So I basically just default to going through E>A and then pluses unless dealing with a canon NP or someone wanting that specifically, since it's both cheaper and easier to understand for people who aren't familiar with the material. NPs are better about at least pretending to use them as conditional boosts a few times, especially compared to stats where I can't recall it ever happening, but it's still very rare.
>>
So what would be a good guideline for Celestriad, since it apparently doesn't work the way it does in canon? 50%? 75%? 90%? Personally, I feel like 75% is a reasonable balance, but I'd like a second opinion.
>>
>>51171414
Even if you listen to the moron advocating that view, it wouldn't reduce stuff by a percentage. It'd reduce everything to a certain cost of energy. If you're not doing even that, you might as well just name it something else because you're certainly not buying the celestriad.
>>
>>51170696

I'm sorry Anon.

Right now OG Thor is stuck trying to get to Ultimate Mjolnir, which somehow appeared in 616 after Secret Wars 2, but he keeps get hammer-blocked by the Collector and his minions. He has Beta Ray Bill helping him but progress is slow.
>>
>>51171414
>>51171449
Just fanwank it.
>>
>>51171412
Ah I see. I personally thought you had mad +'s so they were always conditional but at a discount, so they'd be situationally powerful and such, but rereading that's exactly not what it was. My bad.
>>
>>51171584
No worries. It's confusing stuff.
>>
>>51164619
The anon who said it claimed that she executed the villagers after taking all their resources.
>>
>>51171412
If I buy a True Magic could I have that magic be my specialty for The Family Art, thus giving me a better starting point with it? Could my Majutsu Kokuin contain the spells and experiences of my predecessors use of the magic?
>>
>>51171599
Well that's what the original type moon notes the + and -'s are for, conditional lower and higher power levels, but your own Supplement doesn't use them as such.
>>
>>51164755
Heracles.
>>
>>51171622
No and no. Your the first Sorceror in the family, it's all up to you.

>>51171632
I'm aware, it doesn't make it any less inconsistent and rarely actually used. Just like how Nasu likes to use vague game mechanics terms every now and then with no explanation on how those work or what this means and so on.
>>
>>51171678
Probably a stupid question, but can I invest CP into Stronger Servant to use as SP in the supplement?
>>
File: 436028.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
436028.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
>>51171821
Yes. Yes you can use that perk to do what that perk describes you can do with it.
>>
File: Infected.jpg (933KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Infected.jpg
933KB, 1600x800px
>>51171678
Ah I see. Though I seem to recall that in the Encyclopedia: Parameters rules [Others], p.070 the + and - were pretty well explained as 'the capacity of a temporary boost in power' or something like that. I can't recall when it's ever brought up again but it seems like Broken Phantasm might just be a way to /make/ an NP get a + for it's distuction, though that is only speculation on my part. I personally thought your system made it so that + and -'s came with Conditions that we had to pass by you but they were cheaper in the long run, making custom NP's with low Ranks and +'s more atrractive and also giving some flavor to the + and - system I apologize for making assumptions of the system you had in place. Also now I must redo my current build with thing information. Thank you Valeria for being nice enough to keep this beast alive.
>>
>>51171869
Yeah, they're explained well enough, it's just almost never actually used in practise. And no, +s are definitely more expensive, which is one of the reasons I do go with the '+s are permanent buffs unless specified otherwise'. It'll be a bit clearer in the update, since this info will be right at the start of each section. And you're very welcome.
>>
>>51171863
Like I said, probably a stupid question. I got worried and had to make sure it was nothing.
>>
>>51171984
Okay then. Can I request that If we have strict Conditional things like "works better on Divine creatures and scales up to the + range's max only when the Divinity is that high" like how Enkidu is supposed to be can we get a discount on buying the +?
>>
>>51171984
In the drawback that makes you fight successive Grail Wars, is there any way to win them without killing all the other Servants? I'd like to take it, but there are Servants that I don't want to kill/let die.
>>
>>51172046
No. You can have it so that you get more effective power out of what you've bought by adding restrictions like that but I feel that doing conditional discounts like that would only make the explanations on pricing lengthier for little real gain, compared to a simple "You can get more effective power if you add drawbacks on".
>>
>>51171984
Val, what do I need to replicate the Grail System, aside from the Notes and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd True Magic?
>>
>>51172079
Okay then.
>>
How dangerous are the Phantom and Doom trains from FF6? There's a lot of good shit in there, but the drawbacks are pretty harsh.
>>
>>51172076
It's meant to be a big gauntlet run for some beings entertainment, so you need to be the last man standing. I imagine you could take any path to that you choose, whether it be killing them, making them willingly give up or giving them bodies and somehow severing the connection to the grail. Point being that the end result has you as the only recognised team left.

>>51172109
You don't need the 1st for one (haha). You need a lot of alchemical magecraft knowledge and knowledge on Homunculi creation. Some sacrifice that's a powerful homunculi with the Wish Granting sorcery trait. A place with a shitload of leylines and magical power. With those, the notes, the 2nd and the 3rd Magics, you could theoretically recreate it.
>>
>>51172216
Hey Val, how good of a cup of tea can I create with 60,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years of nonstop training in the First Magic?
>>
File: 1470340933657.png (131KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1470340933657.png
131KB, 384x384px
>>51168953
>>51168975
>>51169019
>>51169043
>>51169056
>>51169125
>>51169096
>>51169172
>>51169195
>>51169227
>>51169310
>>51169406
>>51169478
>>51169540
>>51169582
>>51169551
>>51169714
>>51169808
>>51169886
>>51171414
>>51171449
>>51171516
I intentionally left the item's text vague so people could interpret it how they wish. More for the sake of leaving it open ended for really, really powerful spells that go beyond what's seen in FF 6 (where the highest tiers can pop the planet more or less) than anything else, if the jumper feels like it shouldn't be that good. There's effectively no quantified MP reduction on my end, so it's entirely up to an individual jumper's view. I'm not bothered at all if you assume it reduces anything to 1 MP or if it only shaves off 90% or if it only reduces spells by up to 98 'MP' of mana or whatever. It's your story, it's always imperative to go with what makes things interesting for you.

The only thing I ask if that you don't force your interpretation on another jumper.

>>51169672
>>51169583
Donkey Kong games try to retcon Mario into being from a mirror of NYC called Big Ape City that exists somewhere in the Mushroom World but not in the Mushroom Kingdom. Regardless, the art for Donkey Kong at least always points to Mario just being a short but human-sized guy, Donkey Kong t is just meant to be huge.

>>51172164
One of them is a GF and the other is a mid game boss. They're fiated to be threats to you though. However, the drawback is meant to be a matter of stamina and wariness. You're not meant to FIGHT them, you're meant to just keep running away. The fatigue and tedium of being chased 24/7 and always being on the lookout for the train is the drawback.

But yeah, I make drawbacks harsh on purpose to make up for having no drawback cap.
>>
>>51172216
Does Grail Campaign take you to CCC/Extra/etc.? Are the successive Wars relatively the same "power-level" as in Class War?
>>
>>51172290
You might manage to make tea not be a disgusting cup of dirt water, but I really doubt it.
>>
>>51172314
It does not take you to any other canon war, just alternate worlds with their own wars. They're all on the same relative power level as the first war you're in.
>>
>>51172290
>>51172323
I... don't understand?
>>
>>51172323
Damn, gonna have to knuckle down and really work my ass off then. How long does a universe last? I'm going to need some more time dilation...

Project Leafwater is really draining me of resources here.
>>
>>51172375
Something a few threads ago, something something, a cup of tea being equal to omnipotence, also Val doesn't like tea.
>>
>>51172216
Ah, okay.

One more question. You lifted the restriction on more recent-themed Servants, right? Can I have an old west gunslinger Servant? I know there's one in canon, now.

>>51172323
You could just do that with sugar.

Seriously, why would anyone drink dirty leaf water when sweet tea is a thing?
>>
>>51172309
>They're fiated to be threats to you though.
Ah, okay. I wasn't quite sure, because it said that you could potentially survive, but then it also says that it's deadly/you'll be able to escape by fighting off its passengers.

>chased 24/7
So, take ALL the infinite stamina perks is what you're saying?
>>
Assuming we don't have charisma perks out the wazoo how hard would it be to waifu Rin?
>>
>>51172461
Are you filled with swords?
If no, then pretty difficult.
>>
>>51172460
Phantom Train works on slightly different mechanics. Doomtrain just flattens you, Phantom Train traps you inside itself.

Stamina helps, but then there's mental stamina to deal with, the drain from having to always be hunted by the trains.
>>
>>51172461
Make your build a complete mirror of the MC and wank that you replace him?
>>
File: ZPnConQ.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ZPnConQ.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>51172445
FSN jump lets you summon anything up to the early 20th century, so cowboys should be easily possible.

Honestly, I just don't like hot drinks. Coffee is the one where I hate the stench, the tea stuff is mostly just a joke.

>>51172461
Depends on how much money you have.

Depends on if your the sort of person she likes and might fall in love with really, like with any partner. If you're not, you're better off finding someone else then forcing yourself to conform to a certain image to make her attracted to you. It never lasts and you'll never be as happy as if you found that one true waifu that accepts you as you are.
>>
File: High jumps for harem power.jpg (478KB, 550x2650px) Image search: [Google]
High jumps for harem power.jpg
478KB, 550x2650px
>>51172461
Just try really hard at a high jump when she's watching. But be careful, high jumps can cause unintended consequences.
>>
>>51172546
Or you could just use mind control. Really, mind control is the answer to 99% of anyone's problems.
>>
>>51172514
So, are they potentially survivable if you make a mistake, or not?

Is it possible to throw them off your trail (more relevant if you /don't/ actually have infinite stamina, but still nice to know otherwise)?
>>
>>51172546
Thanks.

Sweet Tea is a cold drink. Guess it's not a thing at all in kangaroo land?

Coffee's really an acquired taste. I used to hate it, but I fucking hate mornings, so I drank it until I liked it.
>>
>>51172613
No worries.

Eh, never looked into tea anyway, so I wouldn't know. I'm good with juice and water and cordial every now and then.
>>
>>51172585
They are, but they're severe enough that it's a mistake you don't want to make. Being forced into a battle gauntlet or severely injured and stricken with status ailments isn't very much of a good time.

No, not really. You can escape or get far away, but they'll inevitably find you.
>>
>>51172309
What happens in ff7 if I give female companions the SOLDIER perk?
>>
>>51172715
I dunno, that's the only Final Fantasy jump that wasn't made by me or dirge_. Unless you count Bravely Default, in which case there's that too.
>>
>>51172743
...oops? I asked who made 7, they said you.
>>
>>51172752
It's an easy mistake to make when everything else was made by us, and it's closer to my style than his.
>>
>>51172652
>They are, but they're severe enough that it's a mistake you don't want to make.

So, does it negate healing factors/being able to survive as fine paste/resistance to status ailments/etc.? Does the train have to make another "pass" each time, or will it spam itself?

>No, not really. You can escape or get far away, but they'll inevitably find you.

That's what I meant, yes. Temporarily hiding/being away from them to gain some small measure of rest. Because the way you were talking about it made it sound more like the running equivalent of Sisyphus .
>>
Are there any jumps that let me take people's souls from their body?
>>
>>51172777
His style is /very/ distinctive.

That said, I really want to know when I send a female companion to join the boys only club.
>>
>>51172822
German Hollow Quest.
>>
>>51172828
They become enhance/d/
>>
File: 44l9Zyh.gif (2MB, 336x248px) Image search: [Google]
44l9Zyh.gif
2MB, 336x248px
>>51172803
>spam itself
>>
>>51172803
It bypasses defenses and resistances, yes. It has to actually loop around to hit you again at least.

>>51172828
I'd just say they're an exception if it were up to me. I know I took SOLDIER and didn't spare it a second thought, since the jump doesn't say it's gender restricted.
>>
File: yande.re 22593.jpg (68KB, 441x508px) Image search: [Google]
yande.re 22593.jpg
68KB, 441x508px
>>51172636
Tea can be consumed both hot or cold.

I mean, it's brewed like coffee is, so it starts out hot, but lots of people love chilled tea, and even put ice in it. It is not uncommon for people to brew HUGE containers of tea, then stick it in their refrigerator and drink it like any other beverage. They also sell iced tea as a drink at most restaurants, and down where I live they sell it in jugs at the supermarket.

~ THE MORE YOU KNOW

>>51172715
I would imagine they'll just have some backstory about how Hojo jabbed them full of Jenova cells, because Hojo was a crazy asshole. He didn't really need a reason to do things.
Unless your companion is a Drop In, in which case they just have Jenova cells for no reason.

Given that all the SOLDIERs end up taking after/getting mindjacked by Sephiroth later, maybe you'd take after Jenova instead?
Gain enhance/d magical ability and/or tumor powers? I dunno, have fun with it, anon.
>>
>>51172945
Alright. Thanks for humoring me, but it's probably easier at this point if I just take Warring Triad.
>>
>>51172853
...You assume they weren't already.

>>51172970
>Hojo
All the reason I need for a weird backstory

>JENOVA
The funny thing here is that the companion taking it is either the cloud of darkness, or the jenova pokegirl.
>>
>>51172970
>female SOLDIER starts to transform into a Jenova like being
>replaces Sephiroth as the favorite child, much to the distress of both Sephiroth and the female SOLDIER
>>
>>51172461
Considering she sleeps with old men for money being wealthy would help a lot.
>>
>>51173042
>Considering she sleeps with old men for money
Canon or doujin?
>>
>>51173051
Many, many doujin.
>>
File: JC8.jpg (207KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
JC8.jpg
207KB, 630x345px
>>51165498
Burning bushes.

Works every time.

>>51172613
CJ, is the DC Occult update still coming? I forgot if you said it would be arriving last Sunday, or this Sunday.

>>51172970
I picked up a taste for bottled, chilled green tea in Osaka. It has all the savoriness of unsweetened tea, and all the freshness of not burning your lips because fucking dammit asian people are obsessed with hot water.

It was the beverage equivalent of tasting a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

>>51173001
>Cloud of Darkness with a side order of JENOVA

It's almost like you're TRYING to somehow merge the Lifestream into the void. Hi, Exdeath!
>>
>>51173116
>Exdeath
I don't know who that is, but I assume they're a FF final boss?

Also, the void is a place, not a thing. You can't merge them. Maybe steal the lifestream, but not merge.
>>
>>51173176
Exdeath is the villain of FFV. He's what happens when you seal a bunch of evil spirits into a tree over the centuries and it turns sapient and grows a humanoid body.
>>
>>51173234
Damn, I was hoping for boobs.
>>
>>51173256
That's Esdeath, from Akame Ga Kill. Note the "s".
>>
File: _m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif (409KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
_m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif
409KB, 499x280px
>>51173176
Exdeath was the final boss of Final Fantasy V. He's a guy (actually a tree, long story) crammed into a suit of blue Sauron armor.

Basically? He's an asshole who decides to unlock "the power of Void" to be able to destroy anything he feels like with city-spanning black holes, and then... [???] His plan never really seems to go further than that. He just does the Sauron thing, beats you up a couple times, unlocks the power, wipes a couple towns off the world map, and then sits in his void dimension until you come kick his ass.
Had cool music, though.
>>
>>51173116
Yeah. I had intended to finish it by last weekend, but that didn't happen. TopHat convinced me to get off my ass last nigh, though. Should be done some time in the next few days. Or maybe in the next few hours, depending.
>>
>>51173234
Can Bushido Blitz be supplemented with other forms of magical energy? Are the basic techniques a continuous or fire-and-forget type drain?
>>
>>51173001
>>51173012
>>
File: IMG_0321.gif (42KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.gif
42KB, 240x160px
>>51172323
Coffee is better.
>>
>>51173269
I'm too lazy to edit an image of each of them together, but the important thing is that one of them is best girl the other is a living embodiment of evil, and has big boobs.
>>
>>51173416
>best girl
>big boobs
...I thought one of them was a girl?

>>51173401
If I had a drink, i'd spit it out.
>>
>>51173443
Exdeath has man boobs.
>>
File: 160px-Ff5_exdeath.jpg (163KB, 688x1000px) Image search: [Google]
160px-Ff5_exdeath.jpg
163KB, 688x1000px
>>51173443
It's a joke anon. Exdeath being called best girl, and the actual girl, Esdeath, being described they way you would describe Exdeath.
>>51173501
Not really though.
>>
>>51173531
[Void Intensifies]
>>
Does the Penance Stare require the target to eyes to be used?
Because I was just thinking about that Dementors vs Penance Stare discussion the other day, and I remembered that Dementors don't have any fucking eyes.
>>
File: NeoExdeath-ffv-ios.png (205KB, 425x275px) Image search: [Google]
NeoExdeath-ffv-ios.png
205KB, 425x275px
>>51173443
Well, technically Exdeath is the living embodiment of a tree that absorbed so many demons that the tree itself became sapient, donned a suit of armor and then decided to go around murdering people because demons.

But after the final battle against him in the void against his tree form, the power over the void he absorbed goes out of control and he explodes into an amalgamate of demons form that wishes for the end of all existence because it's a Final Fantasy game and of course he fucking does.

And there might be boobs in there.
Somewhere.
>>
>>51173401
>Jenova Daughter
>"How's my little Calamity doing today?"
>"I don't want to be a Calamity, mother!"
>"What?! Why not?!"
>"Look at what it did to my brothers! Look at what it did to YOU!"
>"T-that's fair, I suppose..."
>>
>>51172945
>It bypasses defenses and resistances, yes.
Uh, not him, but how is it "potentially survivable", then? If a normal human (which you are now, because it scales to durability and bypasses all defenses, including those which allow you to even partially mitigate potential damage) gets hit by a train, then they're going to die instantly. That's before being unable to heal the damage.
>>
>>51173599
Yes. Which is why a blind man (in the comics) was able to beat the penance stare. Yet he took a drug that gave him vision, and then he got the stare down.

Dementors from my understanding aren't really intelligent. They're kind of just do their thing and require direction by a wizard.
Thread posts: 478
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.