[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone played this game? One of my D&D buddies says I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: swd01_anc_slider.jpg (55KB, 1050x300px) Image search: [Google]
swd01_anc_slider.jpg
55KB, 1050x300px
Has anyone played this game? One of my D&D buddies says I should check it out but it just looks like a cashgrab.
Is it fun? Is it worth buying in to?
>>
>>51163576
No. The game itself isn't all that fun to play and not many people play it. Waste of cash and time.
>>
>>51164637
After I made this thread, I did a search on youtube and found the official tutorial video by the game manufacturer. It made the game seem waaay too convoluted to be fun.
I am having a hard time finding a TCG alternative to MTG that isn't Pokemon/Yugioh etc. worth buying in to.
I'm not sure which is a worse offender of being a cashgrab; Star Wars Destiny or Final Fantasy: Trading Card Game.
>>
I recently got the starters and a couple of boosters. I quite enjoy the game. Its dice, so RNG can screw you (dice manipulating cards manage that to an extent), but is also has it's share of tactics.

I'd suggest you try the starters, maybe a demo game at your LGS.

Fun fact, Destiny nights at my LGS get more attendance than MtG
>>
>>51163576
Star wars is dead to any real fan.
>>
>>51164637
Everyone at my game shop plays it and I do not enjoy it at all.
>>
>>51166463
>muh no real Scotsman

You're the Sci fi equivalent of a pokemon genwunner
>>
>>51163576
It's shit compared to Dice Masters.
>Marvel
>DC
>TMNT
>D&D
>Yu-Gi-Oh
or
>Star Wars
>>
>>51164808
Heartstone
>>
>>51163576
>>51164808
It's a lot of fun. It has a bouncy back-and-forth playstyle which keeps things interesting, and it's rather intuitive to play once you've got a game or two under your belt (far more so than Ashes or Dice Masters). Some people hate the format, and therefore hate the game by default, but don't listen to folks like >>51164637 - it's so popular that the first production run sold out in less than a fortnight, and no one can keep the new stock on the shelf. A global shortage is probably the only thing keeping it from exploding.

And being FFG, I have a fair amount of confidence that this will be a little less offensive on the 'cashgrab' scale than other products from other companies. I've spent a little under $200 on the product, and I have three fully constructed decks, two of which are very competitive (and one of which is just for fun), all acquired with a minimal of trading. FFG have proven time and again that they're good at keeping their older products relevant even as they release the new waves. Power creep will be a thing, but I feel like, if their other products are an example, it will take longer to set in, and be less devastating to your collection.

Do as >>51165006 and play it before you make up your mind. Like with X-wing and Armada, the community has been fairly open and welcoming, and I'm sure folks at your LGS would be happy to ease you in.
>>
>>51169016
>My game has more properties and therefore the fact that it's poorly managed crap doesn't matter!
>>
>>51166640
Except that Genwunners are actually right, to an extent, whereas this is the greatest time to be a Star Wars fan ever.
>>
>>51163576
It's actually pretty fun. The important thing to remember is it's actually a dice game masquerading as a card game. The cards are basically just there to affect the dice on the field or as physical representations of the die. If you take it as a purely casual type of game, it's pretty fun.

>>51166463
I'm inclined to agree. What Disney is putting out just isn't as good as the EU stuff, or at least not as consistent (there's bits and pieces that are good but...)
>>
>>51163576
It's fun.
It also plays differently than any other CCG in that you get one action, no redraw until both players pass, and then the randomness of the dice.

You have to play strategically, planning moves and counter moves. You also have to work the odds on rerolls since they require you ro spend cards, a limited resource, and avoid decking yourself out of the game.

The only people who I've met who don't like it are the chronic Magic players who refuse any other game anyway. Their reason is the same they always have "It isn't Magic"
>>
>>51163576
At this point anything Star Wars is just a cashgrab.
>>
File: cr11.jpg (348KB, 1000x775px) Image search: [Google]
cr11.jpg
348KB, 1000x775px
>>51175245
>What Disney is putting out just isn't as good as the EU stuff
>as good as the EU stuff
>EU
>good
>>
>>51164808
consider all LCGs, which are very cheap compared to other card games(android netrunner is the only one i tried and it's fun). Also maybe the spoils, it looks great, but at eleast here in italy it wasn't translated and has no player base,but maybe there is one in your area or you have friends who would play with you.
>>
>>51164808
Netrunner
>>
>>51163576
I haven't play it yet but I'm suprised how sought-after this game is. When it hit my LGS they sold something like 20 starter deck and every supply is sold in a day or two
>>
>>51164808
Netrunner is bloody fantastic, technically not a TCG but the same fix as magic essentially
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.