[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Starting new DnD 5e adventure this Friday >Need a unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: heretics.png (430KB, 506x534px) Image search: [Google]
heretics.png
430KB, 506x534px
>Starting new DnD 5e adventure this Friday
>Need a unique char. idea to spice up the game
>pic unrelated

Please /tg/, I've been stuck as a DM for months and I'm creatively bankrupt.
>>
Give some of the most extreme examples of character you've done.

Do you want normal NPCs, villains... DMPCs?
>>
>>51161734
>>51161754

I should clarify, I'm playing and need an interesting character to play. Apologies.
>>
Kenku Bard on the run from the Bard College for stealing other Bards song. Copyright Infringement is serious business, but a "Mokingbird" got to sing.
>>
>>51161773
Okay, so... what characters did you have the most fun roleplaying as?
>>
EAGER HALF-ELF RANGER FROM A BOARDING SCHOOL WHO IS IN SO FAR OVER THEIR HEAD THAT THEY CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH
>>
>>51161840

First character, and arguably my best, was a Dragonborn Bard/Warlock that used his patron's powers to play death metal.

More recently I had played a paladin with 1 hand that he had crafted replacements for (hook, mace, wooden replica hand, tankard, etc.)

The former is on the more comedic end, the latter more serious.
>>
What's the tone/setting of the game?
>>
>>51161958
Pretty relaxed tone, lots of room for jokes. But meme chars are gonna get nuked hard. Setting is generic Forgotten Realms fantasy
>>
>>51161734
Artificer UA came a few days back. That's a place to start if you want to break the mold.
>>
>>51161974
Alright then, let me throw this at you and we'll see what you think of it.

A shopkeeper, who was once a member of the militia, now finds that his shop was burned down by something that he can easily find hatred in - maybe a dragon, an asronist, just something.

He goes on a quest to find the son of a bitch who burned down everything he knew and loved, and to cut that bastard's head off and use it as a muse for the sign of his next business venture.

Along the way, generally he's a rusty combatant who only survives combat because he tries to keep his distance from anything that has too many sharp bits.
>>
File: 1478886522623.jpg (18KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
1478886522623.jpg
18KB, 539x539px
>>51161734
A Jew transported into w/e world you landed in. He'll have to use all his jewish tricks if he is to gather the ingredients that can send him home...
>>
>>51162102
But Jews don't wanna go home anon. They want to settle wherever and bitch about how persecuted they are as the chosen people.
>>
>>51162044

Have they stopped it just being a shitty wizard variant?
>>
>>51164026
can't bitch about persecution when noone knows shit about you, let alnoe persecute you. Bitching about your persecutors ain't the same either, not when noone knows about them here
>>
>>51161734

An anthropomorphic mouse.
>>
>>51161734

Chaotic Good Tiefling Barbarian who had a delightful childhood being raised by monkeys, is deathly afraid of slimes, has an ironic sense of humor, and only speaks in third person.
>>
File: tumblr_n4akrdu0ZW1shbua1o2_1280.jpg (148KB, 1095x617px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4akrdu0ZW1shbua1o2_1280.jpg
148KB, 1095x617px
>>51161950
Just play the paladin humorously and done
>>
>>51164446
I read that as
>An anthropomorphic nurse
>>
>>51164026
Then he wants to bring more Jews to the world with him.
Oy, what mother would say if I married a shiksa.
That's the other thing too,
how can I be a proper Jew
if my mother isn't here to be an overbearing shrew?
>>
File: ---Old-Man-Winter-psd89647.png (220KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
---Old-Man-Winter-psd89647.png
220KB, 400x302px
>>51161734
Last session I bullshat this together.
The players had taken a wagon pulled by Aurachs (or however you spell the orcish war-bulls) that had been advertised as the fastest travel they could get, to an area governed by druidic sects that oversaw and aided townsfolk. The caravaneer had to take his overbearing beasts of burden to a special stable, with many strange stalls of different sizes and accommodations for the strange animals druids or other folk might bring with them. The operator was a hazy, stoner-ish fellow who seemed very "naturey" and "druidy" but was mostly just the odd guy on the edge of town who didn't have much knowledge but cavorted with the druids.
Then, I told the party they needed to see the "old man" on the village's edge, for he was a seer and might help them. I had misspoken; I intended for it to be the clearly not old stable owner.
So, they went to him, and he said he'd fetch the old man. He stood there, closed his eyes and exhaled, and began to very overtly meditate. After just long enough for it to be awkward, he opened his eyes, and the face of a noble old man seemed imposed over his, with cataracts in his eyes and frost stuck fast to his beard and hair, a cold wind blowing out from him. Basically, he lives in the town because he can commune directly with and channel a very powerful and faraway druid to help in times of trouble, this "old man". Could also be played like a Warden, where he could embrace it fully and gain powers.
>>
>>51161734
Former bandit and carriage robber, who since reformed and became a paladin. He still looks and behaves a lot like back in his merry days.
>>
File: Hwy_final_logo.jpg (1MB, 1000x1768px) Image search: [Google]
Hwy_final_logo.jpg
1MB, 1000x1768px
>>51166247
Did you mean to post the Highwayman?
>>
>>51166247
actually reformed or just got wise to PR?Nice idea either way.
>>
A noble who has to hunt down his sister cause she left the family to go adventuring. Act stuck up and have retainers and be mean to them.
>>
>>51161734
play a clown (Wizard)
>>
>>51161734
>Incredibly pompous noble who is also a barbarian. Uses the power of righteous indignation and proper breeding to kill peasants and foreigners.

>Priest of some god or another who isn't a cleric but is instead a reformed rogue. Is uncomfortable with displaying their less-than-legal skillset.
>>
Use ORE character generation, adapt to setting, make the sheet based on the resulting concept.
>>
>>51161734
http://whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.