[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a dick move would it be to make the Warmachine Tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: wm blender.png (302KB, 1781x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wm blender.png
302KB, 1781x1080px
How much of a dick move would it be to make the Warmachine Tactics models publicly available for 3D printing?
>>
>>51154354
to the other companies.
yes

to their player-base?
no.

but to keep their profits over time they have to keep either current or higher-detail minis behind a pay-wall.

but if they released their older minis or lower-detail versions as a gimmick they're gonna get a shit-ton of good PR
>>
>>51154354
>How much of a dick
roughly 2/7

do eet
>>
>>51154354
A dick move would be to add a small amount of random noise to the vertex positions so none of the edges come out straight, then switch the faces to smooth shading so you can't tell without looking at the wireframe.
>>
File: wm blender2.png (286KB, 1783x1077px) Image search: [Google]
wm blender2.png
286KB, 1783x1077px
>>51154734
The only problem is when I extract them from the .pak file the bones are rotated 180 from the mesh so I have to clean it up.
Not to mention the weapons/gear are separate files and would need to be attached to the hand bone.
Finally the animations are messed up so they would be rigged but unposed.

Still pretty cool as lopng as you were willing to hand-pose them.
>>
>>51154854
Printed at 30mm scale it wouldn't matter.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.