[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ shipwrecked edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 70

File: IMG_5181.jpg (744KB, 1920x1089px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5181.jpg
744KB, 1920x1089px
Previous thread: >>51134097

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
First for my boyfriend
>>
File: IMG_3959.jpg (164KB, 554x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3959.jpg
164KB, 554x738px
Propaganda best post
>>
File: 1441606849962.jpg (486KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1441606849962.jpg
486KB, 2048x1536px
Any predictions for episode 8?

I'm thinking its going to start with Finn waking up from his coma, after a several year timeskip. That way they can get right into the action between the New Republic and the First Order, as well as Rey's training. Plus it will allow them to more easily explain Leia's death.
>>
Is there a good resource for fan-made ship stats for X-Wing? Don't see anything in the pastebin.
>>
>>51151121
Leia leads the charge in a capital ship and eventually gets nuked by FO star destroyers after taking one or 2 down in a stand up fight
>>
>>51151121

Based on pre-release interviews and stuff, you're like, 100% wrong.

Director says it'll start "immediately" after VII ends, will heavily feature the "new" heroes and Luke Skywalker (apparently at the expense of characters introduced in VIII), and Fisher already filmed all her parts in VIII before she died, so that's an episode IX problem.
>>
>>51151230
Considering the fact they want the Chinese market, Finn will barely appear
>>
File: 1441602673151.jpg (69KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
1441602673151.jpg
69KB, 960x653px
>>51151230

>Based on pre-release interviews and stuff, you're like, 100% wrong.

Huh, I'm actually glad to hear that. My predictions are usually based on the idea that Hollywood takes the laziest route possible.

>will heavily feature the "new" heroes

I honestly have no idea what to make of that.
>>
>>51151121
> Plus it will allow them to more easily explain Leia's death.

All primary shooting for the next one has already taken place - Carrie Fisher's death will not impact on her involvement in that film.

the only question is, will they be doing rewrites, for an offscreen death in this one, or for the one after that?
>>
>>51151350
>I honestly have no idea what to make of that.
Fingers crossed it means we actually get some character development
>>
>>51151350

Basically, the Director said script went through rewrites so that VIII will more heavily focus on Rey, Finn, and Poe than it originally did, at the expense of screen time of characters who will be newly introduced in the film. Which may or may not be good. I hope it is.
>>
>>51151462
More Finn & Poe getting into Tag & Bink hijinks would be fantastic.

As for Rey, hopefully she and Hamill have good screen chemistry and the scriptwriters decide to give her character development.
>>
why did no one tell me KOTOR was so good

I mean, everyone told me it was good, but why the hell did I wait so long
>>
>>51151121
>first 20 minutes is mostly Rey and Luke pissing about Ireland (the islands and various mainland filming locations) with Luke probably revealing some painful secret about Rey's parentage. Interspersed we get a couple of paralleled scenes with Kylo Ren and Finn both going through recovery. Kylo gets the usual clinical detachment of the dark side while Finn has all the support he needs, courtesy of Dameron and co looking out for him.

About 30 minutes in, the First Order seriously shits up the rebel base, with Po, Finn and HeroesGuy just about saving the day. Finn exhibits a lust for vengeance against his former brother's and sisters, while Kylo struggles with the increasing feeling that he's on the wrong side. Rey and Luke continue explore her past.

By the end of the film, Rey has saved the day with Luke helping her out. She's grown, but her final lesson is that she needs her friends to fall back on. Kylo surrenders to the resistance, looking for absolution, while Finn, now fully fallen from the light, becomes Snoke's new apprentice.

(I'd also love to see Hux turn against Force Weilders in general and turn the FO against force users in general, betraying the knights of Ren, But I don't think Disney are bold enough to do that)
>>
File: SWep.VIIIPrediction.png (4KB, 475x93px) Image search: [Google]
SWep.VIIIPrediction.png
4KB, 475x93px
>>51151121
>>
File: 1441603055211.jpg (89KB, 865x505px) Image search: [Google]
1441603055211.jpg
89KB, 865x505px
>>51151378

Yeah, I think the easiest route would be to have a timeskip between films, that way they can have the characters use it as a motivation, without being too affected emotionally by it.

>>51151445

Even more than character development, I worry that each director will give "his own take" on the characters, resulting in a schizophrenic mess.

>>51151462

Then I really hope that Disney uses the opportunities that come with a new cast, and they don't just try to make the original cast 2.0
>>
>>51151538

You really think Disney is stupid enough to cast a black lead and then have him become evil?
>>
>>51151121
The resistance has lost badly by the end of the movie; Rey (or Fin or Poe or Kylo) has lost their right hand; A man character has been captured; A newly introduced friend has betrayed the resistance, though unwillingly; Rey trains in a swamp while riding Lukes back (MANDATORY)
>>
Is the Imperial Shuttle a good ship to run still? Thinking about picking two up because I love the design but if it isnt a good ship I'll probably only grab one
>>
>>51151600
>Rey trains in a swamp while riding Lukes back (MANDATORY)
Heck it doesn't need to be a swamp. if we get Rey running up and down those long-ass stone stairs with Luke riding on her back I'm fine with it.

>Is this really necessary?
>This is how my old Master taught me. And it is how i will teach you. Now run!
>>
>>51151621
It's slow and handles like ass, but it's very efficient statswise for its cost. Palp is the default these days, but there's lots of good options. Vader, Gunner/FCS, soon Hux, fleet officer, that sort of thing. Can be a cheap blocker or a loaded up gunship. Hard to learn, but rewarding.
>>
I've got a challenge for you, /swg/.
Come up with a plausible way to keep the rebels jedi out of the way for the OT era *without* killing them off. They need to be able to come back later
>>
>>51152337
What is fucked off to some bullshit hidden jedi enclave that the empire missed because reasons.
>>
>>51151621
It's still viable, although it takes skill, what >>51151762 said. Definitely get one, but there's little reason to run two.
>>
>>51152337
Well, there's always directly ripping off halo 3 and putting them in cryo for a few years on a derelict ship until they're rescued by the NR, maybe because Luke's gotten gud enough to notice their force signatures even in cryo.
>>
File: CftAyCAXIAA3sb9.jpg (130KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CftAyCAXIAA3sb9.jpg
130KB, 600x800px
>>51151658
>>
>>51152542
Ol' Mark is looking a lot better these days, here's to hoping he keeps up this level of health after the movies finish filming.
>>
>>51151578
With China as the bigger market, yeah, maybe.
>>
>>51152337

Kanan&Ezra meet with Obi-Wan on Tatooine (they pursued Maul there, but arrived after the battle). They ask, nay, beg Obi-Wan to teach them the secret to defeating the Sith.....to which Obi-Wan, from atop a ridge, points to a young man on a moisture farm.

He tells them of the man's parentage, and explains to them that it is his destiny to bring about the defeat of the Sith. He also advises Kanan that he is one of the few remaining who was taught in the old ways, but that Ezra represents what the Jedi may yet become. He directs them to remain hidden, as he and Yoda have been, to best preserve the knowledge they have.

They don't go into hiding, but avoid being obviously Jedi (less lightsaber slinging) in an attempt to prevent yet more Inquisitors being flung at them.
>>
>>51151307
>>51152905

Can someone explain the supposed deal with china and black people?
>>
>>51152337
The rebels go off to the outer rim to fight imp encroachment/recruit new allies. Thrawn follows to thwart their plans. Both parties come back after OT levelled up and an old rivalry after years of playing cat and mouse with each other.
>>
File: Bane and Zannah.jpg (295KB, 734x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bane and Zannah.jpg
295KB, 734x900px
Darth Loli
>>
>>51153048
Many asians are xenophobic
>>
>>51153048
The Chinese, which is to say the Chinese living in china and not burgerland, have shown a marked disinterest in American films with black leads. TFA didn't perform great in China, and Finn is seen as the reason for that.
>>
File: IMG_0769.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>51153048
There isn't one. It's mostly racist mene nonsense stemming from that failure, Ghostbusters. But the reason the movie tanked in China was because of China's view on spirits and ghosts.
>>
>>51153163
I thought that was mostly about their closest neighbors, like koreans, Japanese and the wrong type of chinese. But if it's chinese xenopobia, does it still matter if the dirty foreigner is white or black?
>>
>>51153163
>>51153234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Few8kJ0zfnY
I'll let you decide that
>>
>>51153234
Short of it, no.

The movie still broke records in China, and still made fucking bank. The thing is, Star Wars is not as huge of a deal in eastern countries as it is in western. So the opening China Saturday saw $30-something million, breaking their record for biggest opening Saturday. But there was a large drop-off estimated around 70% or so on the following Saturday.

Regardless, TFA still made fucking bank in China, still broke records, and still was popular. It's just not as big of a deal there, unlike burgerland where middle-aged adults grew up with the OT and saw the fucks out of it over and over again.
>>
Finally saw Rogue One.
Coincidentally, I just ordered 3 U-Wings.
>>
>>51153467
They're useless.
>>
>>51153467
Enjoy maybe fielding one U-wing ever
>>
File: BFFs.jpg (12KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
BFFs.jpg
12KB, 236x177px
I played my first game with the Jumpmaster today. Won, and feel a bit dirty about it considering it's reputation. How bad are Jumpmasters outside the optimized tournamnet builds? Or are they just generally underprized?
>>
>>51153531
>>51153563
Not that guy, but really? They look pretty good stat and dial-wise.
>>
File: 1473015843640.jpg (318KB, 1535x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1473015843640.jpg
318KB, 1535x1150px
I installed Empire at War today, I wish I had played this years ago. Crushing rebels with Star Destroyers is too fun.

Almost makes me tempted to start Armada but I already spend enough on X-wing stuff.
>>
>>51151508
Giving Rey a flaw or two would be just swell. Or at least have her not immediately know the inner workings of a ship she's never touched.
>>
>>51153639
It's basically a Palp shuttle for a faction with no Palp, until Sabine's Emperor Palpatine gets released in wave 11 there's not really any good reason I can think of to take it over the Falcon which can toss its 3 dice all around and turn around in one turn with sloops instead of two with its heavily broadcasted stationary flip.
>>
>>51153737
I'm pretty sure it's explained in books or something that she helped Unkar Plutt with it. Even within the movie, it seems she knows that the ship is trash, and that she knows the modificatiosn that Unkar Plutt has made, at the veyr least.
>>
File: Aggressor class.jpg (9KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
Aggressor class.jpg
9KB, 250x175px
>>51153682
just wait till you install forces of corruption.
>Tie interceptors
>Thrawn
>Dark troopers
>SSD's

And these motherfuckers!
The ISD comparative of the Zann consortium.
>>
>>51153747
It's also ~15 points cheaper, so it doesn't really have to match the falcon to be effective.
>>
File: Keldabe-1.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Keldabe-1.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
>>51153774

you mean the Keldabe Class Battleship
>>
>>51153972
Huh, i could have sworn it was that big fucker that spits out laser balls that eat lesser ships in one bite...
Well, that's what happens when you stop playing for longer than few years.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (262KB, 1332x680px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
262KB, 1332x680px
Considering starting an AoR game on Hoth immediately after the battle. The PC's are rebel troopers, they regain consciousness one by one at the base of the DF.9 they were guarding. The tower was hit by an AT-AT and exploded, knocking the PC's out and killing the remainder of their team. Each has 1d6 wounds and 2d4 strain. The sun is low on the horizon, its been hours since the battle and the Rebel fleet has escaped. Its up to them to find a way off planet, perhaps by stealing an Imp shuttle or finding a left behind transport within the base.

Ideas? Thoughts?
>>
FFG GMs, what are your favourite ways to spend flip dark side Destiny Points?
>>
>>51153763
She's also clearly shown to be familiar with star ship mechanics as she survives by scavenging parts of star ships, so needs to know what works, what's valuable, etc.
And when she tries something on a ship she hasn't encountered before, she fucks up.
>>
>>51154060
Make them roll Resilience and Survival checks when they're out in the snow. Nights on Hoth are lethal and if they can't find shelter by the time the sun sets, they're basically done for.
>>
>>51153774
>>51153972
The Zann Consortium had great ships
>>
File: Vengeancefrigate.jpg (248KB, 960x864px) Image search: [Google]
Vengeancefrigate.jpg
248KB, 960x864px
>>51154132
>>
>>51154132
Makes me wonder, why would the empire create the ultimate anti-capitol ship ship when most of their opposition relies heavily on fighter craft?
inb4 Yuushan wong
>>
>>51153639

They're wrong, but you need four.

Pathfinder+FCS four ship list. It can actually move, so you can actually beat people like this.
>>
>>51153608
Way too cheap for a turret with all of those upgrade slots and two green dice.
>>
>>51152337
Yoda lies to Luke in case he goes dark side, everyone else goes off to fight the Usang Vong
>>
Ok, so... FFG Star Wars Encounter Balance. How Do? I'm looking for anything that makes mention of "Characters should be able to take on X at the start, and scale up," but I'm not seeing anything, is it more art than science, or am I just skipping over some paragraph in the book?
>>
>>51154425
>Yuuzhan
>tfw looked it up because I knew I spelled it wrong, but then forgot to fix it
>>
>>51153608
The Jumpmaster is one of the most well designed ships in X-Wing. It's got a ton of builds, every pilot is viable, it's the fucking best. Play it, love it.
>>
>>51154444
I searched and searched and couldn't find anything. What I did was look at my party's defences and offences, throw together a group of baddies, and compare. If al the players are tossing 2 green 2 yellow attacks agaisnt guys with 8WT and 1 soak, you might need to beef the baddies up. The reverse is true. Once you run a few simulated combats, you get a bit better of a feel for what sort of opponents your party can face.
>>
>>51153747
>Sabine

That's the Rebel equivalent of Palpatine, more or less. Load up a cheap UWing with Hera and Sabine, fill out the list with bombers, and then sit tight with the UWing while the opponent navigates your upgraded bombs.
>>
>>51152337
Kanan and Ezra head off into Wild Space, with the idea of using Lira San as a base for the burgeoning rebellion considering its protected location. The Lasat ain't none too happy about the genocide of Lasan.

Thrawn is sent to pursue them with his fleet. They are both nebulously sequestered off screen in wild space until the plot needs them again.
>>
File: Corporate Sector Authority.png (270KB, 314x524px) Image search: [Google]
Corporate Sector Authority.png
270KB, 314x524px
>>51154555
Alright, so a team of five Players using base character creation vs five of pic-related, plus an NPC Tank ready to step in if things get messy is my first planned encounter. does that sound right?
>>
>>51154640

That's okay, but if you put all five of those guys in one group, they will hit hard and the damage bleed on minions will mean they might go down hard too.

Something I've learned, don't overstack minion groups, and don't give yourself more slots than the PCs do (because your brain will hurt). Go for 2 groups of 3 guys instead of 1 of five. This means the combat can be more dynamic than just "the blob of minions shoots at you, again", and also means you're not rolling like YYGG with possible autofire on their first attack against an Average (2D) difficulty for a PC.
>>
>>51154089
I mostly use them to make important NPC villains survive the encounters and to upgrade difficulty checks.
I sometimes use them to dick over my players in minor but funny ways, like if one of them says
>The plan should work, but only if they didn't bring any X with them
>I flip a darkside point
>HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT THEY BROUGHT
And then one of them says they have a bad feeling about this.
Doing this feels very much like a movie, where plan A never works and it's a lot of fun, as long as you don't overdo it.
>>
>>51154772

Actually, since it's upgrades for minions past the first, it's literally YYY, but still pretty harsh for a singular group of minions on PCs. One guy will just get the tar kicked out of him first, then your players will take turns chipping away like a minion an attack depending on what weapons they have and how well they roll.
>>
>>51151121
Rey and Luke do some Jedi training stuff for most of the movie - Luke reveals Rey's parentage and tells her that he is here because he is searching for a clue on who/what Snoke is.

Healed up Finn and Poe(with Leia) head to meet the remnants of the NR and convince them to team up. It all goes horribly wrong because FO infiltrator(s) in the senate.

Kylo also gets training montage, but mostly on a Star Destroyer. Snoke is getting twitchy and works out that Luke is on Acht-to because they are near some clue. Sends Kylo to deal with it.

Luke finds some clue on Snoke (I dunno, he's some ancient pre-sith darksider or a guy who was possessed by a sith ghost/dark side badness or w/e), when Kylo arrives! Luke and Rey fight him. Rey escapes but Luke sacrifices himself to let her get away(alternatively, Luke brings Kylo back to the light after Rey escapes, or Rey gives in to her anger and murders Kylo before going after Snoke alone).

End
>>
>>51154835
Replying to myself:
I think that Gallius Rax is Snoke - there is some big bad force joojoo on Jakku that took over his body after the battle (hence the wounds), and made him such. I think he'll be explained away as 'a former imperial officer' in the films and they'll focus on the thing inside him so as not to get all intertextual.
>>
>>51154640
Think of it this way: how combat geared are your players?

Those minions could throw either 5 (2 green) attacks per round, or fight as a group to roll (3 yellow 1 green) at a single character: a much more dangerous prospect. Consider also the 7 damage: how armoured/tough are your players? Assuming a regular bum with 2 Brawn and no armour: he'll be blown to smithereens in two rounds of successful shooting. Meanwhile, a tough guy with Brawn 4 and even bad armour will be able to eat 5+ shots.

The 4 soak makes the minions able to pretty safely withstand smaller blasters. Eg a weapon that deals 5 damage will take at least 4 rounds to drop one (barring crits).

Of course this doesn't factor external factors like cover, advantageous firing positions, party equipment. Just some stuff to keep in mind.
>>
So, no pie in the sky "Assault Gunboat" stuff (because we all know that's the Star Jewel).

What's your best guess for the second Scum epic? Logically, it'll be the Raider/Corvette equivalent, so it'll be a fore and aft ship which can probably do some serious hurting. It may or may not come with a small ship fix but let's not count on anything. What's a big like 120-160 meter ship, mostly likely one which has appeared on screen but doesn't have to be because the Raider was developed by FFG.
>>
>>51154478
>everything works
Cause the ship's broken

EPT slots on lowest generics was the dumbest thing ever and manaroo is better than palp without a 8 point and 2 crew premium
>>
>>51151600
>>51151658
Shouldn't Luke be the one riding on her back?
>>
>>51155364

>>51152542
>>
>>51155205
I think it'll be a ship we technically haven't seen yet - some kind of big Mando ship from rebels S3. Whether that is a revival of a legends design or a new one, I dunno.
>>
File: Laser walls.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Laser walls.png
2MB, 1920x816px
What was the point of the laser walls?
Why would a disposal chute need laser walls?
>>
>>51151567

>When your first reaction to seeing this is "oh my gosh it's a giant"
>>
>>51155494
It seemed to me to be a reactor core, the shields are there for containment, and probably cycle like that when a human or other sapient comes in presumably for maintenance.
>>
>>51151200
Bump
>>
>>51155592
Why did you bump?
>>
>>51155662
Trying to see if there's a good compilation of homebrew stated ships for X-Wing.
>>
Who's ready for the Emperor to sit on his fat ass and do nothing because 15 damage is trivial for eJango/eVeers and eHan/eRey?
>>
File: 1276198242443.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1276198242443.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>51155494
Because George wanted laser walls.

Because they needed a way to separate the Jedi for the fight to be dramatic, and this was what they chose.
>>
File: swd04_palpatine.png (266KB, 360x418px) Image search: [Google]
swd04_palpatine.png
266KB, 360x418px
>>51155824
Whoops
>>
>Cold and shitty outside
>Staying inside where it is nice and cozy
>Dad just out flew me in xwing

Good times.
>>
>>51155824

You're implying anybody in /swg/ bothers to understand/play Destiny.
>>
>>51155857
I wish my family would play Xwing with me, I got into it with my brother on the stipulation that unlike all the other miniature games he's tried over the years he'd actually fucking play this one instead of just dumping a bunch of money into it and letting it all sit on a shelf. We played with the core set once and since then he's bought ~150 bucks of TIEs which he's never even taken out of their packaging.
>>
Anyone has the credits values of ships ?
>>
>>51156040
^this to be honest^

I don't know why but card games always seem like shit to me.
At least if X wing ever stops being popular I have models to console me and the rpgs don't need to be popular to enjoy them (just need open minded friends).

Card games are literally throwing money in exchange for cardboard and 98% of which never make it further than 5 years. Magic and Yugioh are pretty much the only safe way to enjoy them with other for years and fuck me if I'm spending that kind of money on anything.
>>
as of episode VII, what song would describe both Leia and Chewbacca?

Ridin' Solo
>>
File: Sand_Sloth_(Ship).jpg (152KB, 952x568px) Image search: [Google]
Sand_Sloth_(Ship).jpg
152KB, 952x568px
>>51156283
http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/
>>
>>51156464
thanks
>>
File: IMG_0624.jpg (50KB, 600x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0624.jpg
50KB, 600x854px
I really dig Kylo Ren because he's an interesting character who completely changes without the helmet.

You have this masked badass who is able to FREEZE A BLASTER BOLT MIDAIR one minute, and the next you have this awkward kid who is internally struggling with himself and is a awkward mess because he's without his safety wall
>>
>>51156286
X-Wing models are shit and way overpriced compared to kits and customs, and the RPG can be downloaded for free but you can't justify a fun pickup card game?
>>
File: mandalorian shitposter.png (303KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian shitposter.png
303KB, 900x900px
>>51156563
Do you think an unmasked Ren could handle the bantz from a Mandalorian opponent?
>>
>>51151121
What If I told you Carrie Fishers death will not affect episode VIII nor episode IX for reasons I can't explain.
>>
>>51156634
Mandalorian Bantz are classed as Class III grade weapons on most civilized worlds.
>>
>>51156634
No, he's too vulnerable without his helmet. Kylo without the mask is just Ben Solo, a vulnerable storm of emotions; A true mandalorian without their helmet is still a mandalorian, just probably more pissed off
>>
File: you mockin me.jpg (19KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
you mockin me.jpg
19KB, 201x200px
>>51156688
>A true mandalorian without their helmet is still a mandalorian, just probably more pissed off
THAT BESKAR WASN'T YOURS TO LOSE
>>
>>51156600

No, it's a CCG. It's randomly distributed and your cards are worthless in like a year or two.
>>
>>51156643
They already said she had a key scene in episode IX.

>captcha: Georgetown here
>>
>>51156721

I don't think the Mandos follow the groomin' standard, Sergeant Major.
>>
>>51156721
NO, THE BESKAR IS NOT LOST

A MOTHERFUCKER WILL GET THEIR ASS KICKED FOR EVEN THINKING OF MESSING WITH MY BESKAR
>>
>>51156725
What if I bought the components in singles for cheaper than I would getting them through packs and bought them to play the game instead of collecting value?

How's it different from the RPG in that I can continue to play it without official support?
>>
>>51156732
I find that hard to believe considering things that happen in VIII.
>>
Are there stats for Bobba Fett in EotE anywhere
>>
>>51156740
Mandalorian knife-hands can block even the blade of a lightsaber
>>
>>51157003
There are stats for Bounty Hunters, just switch the weapons around and give 'em a jetpack and you're good to go.
>>
>>51156563
I couldn't help but picture a duck whenever he wore his helmet. Not really a badass vibe. The neck is too thin.
>>
People who have played/ran WEG SW, I need some info. Are there any rules for creating custom ships and would it break the game if I simplified the damage system for mooks?
>>
>>51157012

Actually, when No Disintegrations comes out, this will be true.
>>
>>51152886
Yeah. Talk about just un-fucking your shit up.
>>
>>51153682
I want to like Empire at War but the space battles are too small. There was a way to modify the .ini files to make them larger, but that way got changed in a more recent patch and I can't find anything on how to get large scale battles out of it.
>>
>>51154612
This seems best since it covers both the Rebels scrubs and Thrawn.
>>
>>51155494
Even if his lightsaber couldn't cut the laser walls themselves, why not stab the projectors there on the side?
>>
File: grandadmiralthrawn.gif (101KB, 345x480px) Image search: [Google]
grandadmiralthrawn.gif
101KB, 345x480px
>>51156725
I've got a shoebox full of the Star Wars cards from the 90s. Used to think they'd be worth something. Probably worth less than the box they're all in.
>>
>>51156563
That's one thing I've always said was great about casting Adam Driver. He really does have a good, rich, deep voice which can give that aura of command. But he still has such a punchable little bitch face.
>>
>>51157242
Such a good fucking cardgame though. That's probably the best summation of my 90's experience was playing the old game with my brother and cousin. That, Star Wars pod-racing for the N64.
>>
>>51156043
We don't play too often, because set up takes a bit and table space is at a premium.

He's also fairly casual, so I have to build both lists, and try not to keep it too complex (I almost always give him generics), but it is still fun. Even more so because I just got revenge in the next match
>>
>>51156286
I'm surprised they went with a CCG, when FFG was the one to push the concept of LCGs.
Unless destiny is an LCG, in which case the complaints don't actually apply.
>>
>>51156600
Didn't know I touched a nerve, sorry.

You're free to spend your money on anything you want to, just don't expect people to follow.
>>
>>51156767
CCGs aren't good to share with friends especially if they are defunct.

RPGs are something you can convince people to play for years after it's no longer supported.

If you just want to play your discontinued card game with yourself, like a perverse game of solitaire, then your point might work.
>>
>>51155262
Nah
>>
>>51157087
>Are there any rules for creating custom ships
Nothing official, but there are no doubt several fan systems. Personally, I feel that eyeballing things is a better way to go
>>
File: Swd04_jyn-erso.png (252KB, 360x418px) Image search: [Google]
Swd04_jyn-erso.png
252KB, 360x418px
>>51155824
The Emperor is ridiculous, but my heart already belongs to Jyn. eJyn/Padme seems like it'll be a great 30pt Mill deck.
>>
>>51156286
>>51156725
It's almost like you don't place any value on enjoyment. That cardboard brings people hours and hours of fun, it gets them into the social community for the game, and serves as a medium through which people make friends and have a great time.

To hear you talk about it, the only valid way of measuring the worth of a game is in how much its components will be worth in 2019. Such a mercenary approach to gaming is fine, I guess, but it seems dangerously close to missing the point.
>>
>>51157702
lol in what universe is Destiny discontinued? Sheesh.
>>
So I've created a worksheet for ship designs.

Print off the 5 pages. Give one to each player. Ask them to circle one or two items on each sheet.

Then combine the items to make a starship. Have someone sketch it on a blank sheet of paper.

Seems to work fairly well!
>>
>>51158008

Nah, I'm not even talking about monetary value (though that'll be bad) but apart from maybe a handful of core cards which get support, most of the shit you bought will be obsolete soon. It's collectible, new shit is meant to replace old shit so you'll buy more.

I've done that drug before bro, and I don't buy "loot packs" or anything with microtransactions neither. X-Wing is way more my style, each purchase has a confirmed contents I get exactly as much as I want out of each expansion, even if that's just owning a little U-Wing. Random boosters in a set which will be phased out in 6 months? No thanks.
>>
>>51158181
When I first saw a new card he I assumed LCG, which would be about the same as you think of xwm, though you need to buy cards in chunks but the chunks aren't that expensive.
Strange FFG is starting a CCG after they moved all their old CCGs over to the new system.
>>
>>51158254

FFG and/or their parent company and LFL and/or disney probably got together and were like "Y'know, current games out of FFG are pretty good, but how do we build something that'll capitalize on the new ongoing Canon?"

CCG works perfectly. Starters were Kylo and Rey for modern brand recognition, draw characters randomly from timelines and have popular ones show up as new shit comes out. It's the cardboard version of EA's little mobile games n' shit.
>>
>>51151121
theory I heard from someone at the FLGS.
Kylo is being influenced by Darth Vadars Sith Spirit (a distinct entity from anikans force ghost), attempting to mold him into a suitable host to posses and allow Darth Vadar too resurrect.
>>
>>51158142
You know, that's so stupid it's actually brilliant.
>>
>>51157702
Could you elaborate? Why is it harder to find one other person to play a thirty-minute game than it is to find a group of people to dedicate no less than an entire night to role-playing with each other?
>>
>>51158415
CCG require a lot more time and money, continuously, to have the equipment to play the game.
The random element of acquisition means that the person who gets hooked on buying will outpace anyone who tries to have a casual investment. Play can only really continue among a group that all maintains similar level of acquisition.

It's not the time for the game, it's the matter of acquiring materials. An LCG works like you are thinking, but this isn't that.
>>
>>51158025
He wasn't addressing destiny in particular my little straw man friend.

He was saying that a discontinued CCG and discontinued RPG are different things and that RPGs still have longevity after losing official support while CCGs die quickly and don't see play again ( even amongst friends).
>>
>>51158181
Yet for the 'six months' you're playing those cards (and getting enjoyment, and enjoying the scene, and connecting with people) you're getting your value out of them.

Components becoming obsolete is hardly a CCG trait, as well. While admittedly it might occur faster in this format, all games suffer from it; the things you purchased earlier become obsolete, the new things become necessary. The power-creep and obsoletion of the old (so that you will buy the new) still exists in the LCG and Miniature Wargame format. FFG is pretty good at keeping this under control, but, as an expression of the total, there are about as many dead cards in the Game of Thrones LCG, and about as many dead ships in X-wing, as there theoretically will be dead cards in Destiny in a year. And when X-wing ships become obsolete (and it happens, I have a bunch of E-wings to prove it) they become as worthless as any other obsolete object. So your obsolete object is as worthless as my obsolete object, unless you're approaching them from a purely material perspective, in which plastic is worth more than cardboard. Which, again, is dangerously close to missing the point of the hobby.

The point, of course, is to have fun. So why don't we have fun, instead of getting up in people's faces about how much less worthless your hunks of plastic will be than their bits of cardboard?
>>
>>51158485
>STRAW MAN! STRAW MAN!
Thanks for further degrading the meaning of this term.
>>
>>51158476
We were in the hypothetical that the game was discontinued however.

In that event any cost would be trivial, and certainly cheaper for just one person to buy enough for two than FFG rulebooks.
>>
>>51158550
It is a straw man he never addressed destiny in particular the anon just assumed so and used it to desolve the argument without actually addressing his points.
>>
>>51158672
The topic of the conversation is Star Wars: Destiny though.
>>
>>51158520
Fun is a good argument but it isn't exclusive to CCGs and many people can do those very things you listed with other games that don't evaporate overnight when it's no longer supported.

Sorry to sound Jaded but that's the truth of it and your entitled to spend your money anyway you want.
>>
>>51158520
Also when the X wings become "obsolete" I still have an X wing and you have... what?
>>
>>51158700
Look at his post he never specifically talks about destiny he was just comparing discontinued CCGs vs RPGs
>>
File: atomicpaul_01.jpg (221KB, 1178x763px) Image search: [Google]
atomicpaul_01.jpg
221KB, 1178x763px
>>
File: dening_swtor_rep_shuttle.jpg (159KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
dening_swtor_rep_shuttle.jpg
159KB, 900x582px
>>51158833
>>
>>51158520

You're assuming a lot though. You're trying to turn this into some fluffy "there's no such thing as bad fun" zen thing - but it isn't.

I started by saying that people weren't interested in it, I don't care for the model (and it really is designed to just squeeze more money out of the community in a regular interval), others don't care for the model, and I argue a point that the A( X-Wing models are bad and overpriced, and B( that Destiny is a "pick up" card game I could buy now and be able to go back to again without buying more shit.

I do place great value on my enjoyment, it's why I'm not buying any Destiny. The actual game of Destiny looks fun - I'm not sinking cash money and time into buying random boosters or new starters or whatever to get my drug rush every 6-12 months and then I have to buy new shit. X-Wing has a decent history of coming around to support old stuff and invent new ways to utilize old stuff but moreover, there's no enjoyment loss for me in the process of buy more X-Wing. My next buy will be a Phantom, because I don't want to fly Bs (for no reason about how good they are, just not my style) and I'd like FCS and Tactician. Also I might want to fly the Phantom sometime, it seems neat. That's from forever ago. In like 3 years, if I want to get some old ass cards for Destiny? I'll be buying singles on ebay or just hoping somebody still has the product in stock.

So we can play the "don't you like fun?" argument all you like, that's a subjective point I've never been arguing. I'm just saying people on /tg/ generally don't give a shit about Destiny, and I personally will not be buying into it for plenty of sound reasons. If other people are okay with that cycle, fine, great. Hey, buy me some Destiny too, I'll play with you. But this market style ain't for me. I'm a grown man, and I learned that shit was bad for me as a wee lad playing the Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>51158769
A functional card game to play with friends.
>>
>>51158378
Nice T-Fighter.
>>
>>51158863
>>
>>51158866
Opposed to a functional board game to play with others in addition to models?
>>
File: christian-piccolo-24-speeder03.jpg (371KB, 1920x1393px) Image search: [Google]
christian-piccolo-24-speeder03.jpg
371KB, 1920x1393px
>>51158934
>>
>>51158616
No, I'm not discontinued guy.
This is a problem with current CCGs, it's a problem with magic.
As soon as one player starts outspending the others, the game doesn't work. Variable card value causes this, not discontinued status.
>>
>>51159005
Dude, just stop. People are allowed to like different things, you're just being a dick at this point.
>>
>>51158865
I'm the guy who made the points about X-Wing models being bad and SW:Destiny being playable as a pickup game (especially when compared to FFG Star Wars).

X-Wing models are bad in our defunct scenario largely because of their scale. While they're just barely too small to put next to the next most iconic objects in Star Wars, the characters, they're too large to place next to the next most iconic figures, the large ships. This is without even mentioning how destructible the miniatures themselves are or their awful paintjobs.

>X-Wing has a decent history of coming around to support old stuff
I don't understand how you view this differently to
>I'm not sinking cash money and time into buying random boosters or new starters or whatever to get my drug rush every 6-12 months and then I have to buy new shit
X-Wing is orders of magnitude more expensive than Destiny and despite being a much more established game lacks a real secondary market which Destiny already has. While I can buy commons and uncommons for less than a quarter a piece I can get rares for less than a pack. Meanwhile in order to play Palp Defenders I must purchase the Defender expansion pack, the Imperial Shuttle, Imperial Veterans, and the Raider totaling about $150 without serious discounts somewhere. And that's just for one build, triple Defenders requires another Imperial Veterans.

I should mention those Phantoms you're looking at were errata'd into nonexistence and haven't received support in the same amount of time they've existed.

FFG has the exact same business model for Destiny as they do for X-Wing, I don't know why you would expect a company to do different things across games. They will release new shit and half of it will be DoA and the other half will be completely broken and they may errata some stuff but more likely they'll just release something that makes it less viable meaning you have to continually purchase to keep up with the meta.
>>
>>51159005
That's two different games and I doubt you could play a complete campaign of and FFG game with just X-Wing models.

However I haven't made the argument that FFG RPGs or X-Wing don't have value in this defunct scenario, merely that Destiny does.
>>
File: 1439957079162.jpg (527KB, 2197x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1439957079162.jpg
527KB, 2197x1030px
Getting back on topic of the game itself....

Does anyone know of a site or way to find local games in your area? I want to pick up Armada and some of the expansions/ships, but I don't want to commit a good 200 dollars if I can't find a good group to play with...Know of a good way, to find people for playing?

NJ fag here btw
>>
>>51159190
FFG forums, your LGS's facebook, or you can see if there is some sort of local NJ Armada facebook group or something.

I would just try and hook friends into the game though.
>>
>>51159134

> Phantoms you're looking at were errata'd into nonexistence
>haven't received support in the same amount of time they've existed.
>They will release new shit and half of it will be DoA and the other half will be completely broken

Ah, okay, you're just one of those assholes who likes to sound like he knows what he's talking about. I will go back to ignoring your input, much like I do when people of the same caliber spaz all over the forums. I hope, at least, you have the good sense to put your money where your mouth is an not keep playing X-Wing, unlike many whiners who keep playing or getting X-Wing while complaining to people how terrible and broken it is.
>>
>>51158769
You have a hunk of plastic, I have a a folder of cardboard, we both have the same experience of enjoyment. To create some tiered distinction, based on the perception that the hunk of plastic is worth more than the folder of cardboard, is incredibly subjective, and invalid (except from a purely capitalistic perspective, which might be against the spirit of social games).

>>51158865
That's fine, I'm not saying people have to play it or anything, but the first person to post just wanted to talk about Destiny, and was immediately dismissed. Is it so wrong for a person to seek out discussion of the product in the Star Wars: General thread on a board dedicated to games of this type? Aren't those players just as entitled to talk about their game without being shut-down with talk like 'card games seem like shit to me'?

And to be honest, considering a well publicized sell-out, I think you're assuming a lot by saying people aren't interested in the product. It's already got more legs than Armada, if only based on the number of Facebook reactions to the latest Destiny news post vs the latest Armada news post. Or maybe you just mean people aren't interested here on /tg/, but then, how are they meant to learn about the game, and become interested in it, when it's not allowed to be discussed without considerable push-back?

By the way, no one mentioned bad fun, or liking fun, or that fun was the core of the argument, except you. I thought we were discussing the subjective worth of the game, seeing as your brought up worth to begin with, and I'm arguing that there's worth beyond perceived cost vs investment numbers. But now I'm thinking we're just discussing your personal crusade against the format. Which is cool and all, but not a hill I'm prepared to die on today - I have to head down to the LGS and play Destiny in a few minutes.
>>
File: 5XUDkus.jpg (260KB, 1500x1087px) Image search: [Google]
5XUDkus.jpg
260KB, 1500x1087px
Oy vey, the bickering. Consider moving on, perhaps?
>>
File: Kaneda,what can you see.png (581KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kaneda,what can you see.png
581KB, 1440x900px
>>51152337
Its kind of cheesy, but its SW so you can get away with it.
Hyperdrives have a stasis field component to them which ensures the relativistic passing of time, if that fails then you come out hyperspace years, decades or whatever the plot dictates later.

>>51153048
>china and black people?
I lived and worked there for 6 months, its a weird fucking place, I'd probably not call it hardcore 'racism' as such, but more a case of the chinese people there are isolated and completely ignorant of the outside world. Partly that's due to state sanctions, media control and various communist re-braining over the last 70 odd years, but outsiders aren't trusted. Being a different skin colour into the very dark end of the spectrum means that they're even more unusual visually and as a result, they can't figure out an angle on how to deal with them.
Historically, outsiders have tended to mess up china pretty badly over the years, so being of european ancestry isn't really all that much better given the English, Germans and a few others went rampaging through there towards the end of the 19th century, selling drugs, killing people and carving out their own little colonies.
Its not a living memory, but more of a historical 'you terrible white devils!'

If there's anyone they really hate, its the Japanese- that is a living memory and same with the Koreans.
A few years ago I hired a Korean analyst and a Chinese report collator for a company I was contracted to and holy shit... if the subject ever came up about Japan or the Japanese with those 2 around, there was some real palpable and spectacularly vicious hatred for them. Now, the Korean was a former Sgt in their army and liable to fits of vein popping extreme rage, so he wasn't exactly a stable personality. But the little reporting lady was normally very quiet, polite and reserved- she'd lose her fucking shit too and they'd ping-pong off each other into a ball of racist fury.
>>
>>51159213
All of those comments are factual but you may keep closing your eyes and pretending you're blind.

Phantoms experienced a crippling errata nerf, have not received any form of upgrade like other ships, and they release DoA ships all the time (SF, U-Wing, Bomber upgrade, HotR).
>>
>>51152337
kanan and ezra hear about the adventures of obi-wan and luke on board the death star, they hurry back only to find that luke is barely trained and obi-wan is dead, they then hear that anakin is dead, confirmed straight from ben's mouth, they condolonces, maybe give luke a few lightsaber pointers and sadly leave

they dont cross paths with luke until RotJ, when they hear stories of how luks suddenly became the most baller jedi around
>>
>>51159283

Phantoms are making top cuts at regionals this very year, often utilizing newer upgrade cards like Agent Kallus or HSCP.

Upgrades don't have to be in the form of a direct fix, if there's a meta shift or just FFG plays too conservative with a ship that can be required - but that last bit is kind of damned if you do/don't thing.

Only reason ships these days are DoA is because people who think they know better all insist they are, or just (and here is a legit criticism there's not a great objective comeback for) it takes a while for the playerbase to find an ideal niche with all the expanding combinations of cards and ships. I don't own one yet, but once you get past the the people who also haven't flown them saying "Oh man, /SFs are terrible", most people I hear from who actually bought them say they're pretty good, and likely to get better as new upgrades come out.

You also need to get your negative wise-guy playbook straight, it's Strikers which are overcosted, useless DoA how dare FFG, U-Wings are a good ship nobody has any idea what the fuck to do with yet.
>>
who would be perfect to run with cassian andor's U-wing? he looks like he will make stress based guys way more efficient

also which EPTs look good on him?
>>
Anyone know what happened to Cad Bane in canon after the Clone Wars?
>>
>>51159375

Speaking of Regionals, I'm pretty sure I heard a story of some lunatic in Europe who came in second place with a list that included goddamn Deathfire of all people.
>>
>>
>>51159447
This is someone's fetish.
>>
>>51159447
Are Jawas on more planets than tatooine?
>>
>>51159420
As far as we know he continued doing contracts for the Empire after the Clone Wars ended. After a while he probably retired, or ended up dead after running out of luck
>>
>>51159447
>the water just trickles down to the surface
there has got to be a better way to distribute that
>>
>>51159502
maybe he got shot in the knee, and now he is forced to be a moisture farmer
>>
>>51159500
They're on Raxus Prime, but they're an introduced species there.
>>
What's the best adventure book out for FFGSW right now?

I ran Jewel of Yavin for my group and it was fun, and Chronicles of the Gatekeeper looks promising.
>>
File: christian-piccolo-crosssection01.jpg (549KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
christian-piccolo-crosssection01.jpg
549KB, 1200x899px
>>51159504
I think the trickles are just condensation. The real bathing chambers are sealed and visible to the right.
>>
File: matt-rhodes-image.jpg (426KB, 1920x1125px) Image search: [Google]
matt-rhodes-image.jpg
426KB, 1920x1125px
>>51159475
I'd certainly hope so.
>>
File: comic from the moon 4.jpg (116KB, 510x702px) Image search: [Google]
comic from the moon 4.jpg
116KB, 510x702px
>>51159420

I have no doubt he'll show up in rebels sooner or later.

>>51159537

>that gotham city looking place above the main entrance

I wish we got to see that in the films
>>
>>51159375
>Phantoms are making top cuts at regionals this very year, often utilizing newer upgrade cards like Agent Kallus or HSCP
That happened a total of once and was mainly due to favorable matchups throughout the night at Omaha where he dodged Defenders all night (which shred that list) and the real weight puller of that list is RAC which outperforms against Jumpmasters.

Had the Phantom faced Dengar or Defenders the situation would have been much different.

On the contrary Strikers have made recent regional results (even one with Whisper!) whereas the U-Wing and SF barely exist.

>most people I hear from who actually bought them say they're pretty good
Yeah if you play casual I guess.
>>
Hey, question to anyone on /swg/ who knows:
during the height of the Galactic Civil War, what was Byss like? If someone were to walk around the planet's surface at this time what would they see?

the final act of my AoR adventure arc culminates in the players infiltrating Byss in order to disrupt and destroy an imperial project to use force sensitives to sense where rebel bases are and predict rebel operations before they happen, so I want some idea of what they would be seeing. Part of me really wants to portray Byss as this nightmarish hell-scape heavily inspired from Clive Barker's Jericho, but I am also aware that 1: it's not all that in-keeping with the themes and tone of Star Wars, and 2: an earlier event in the arc will have the players travel to a world the Empire flooded with chemical weapons to the point that it may well be years before it's habitable again so I feel like having even more blatant crimes against humanity would numb the players to it. So an alternate would probably be preferable.
>>
>>51157097
Beskar Crushgaunts?
>>
>>51159691
A relatively orderly world with the crushing weight of Star Destroyers being built in orbit and Palpatine's evil aura surrounding the planet.
>>
>>51155494
Reactor containment that they somehow tripped.
>>51157206

I thought of that for a while and decided Maul Probably didn't want to risk them exploding in his face, that's a LOT of power running through them.
>>
File: 1483585265809.jpg (203KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483585265809.jpg
203KB, 1536x864px
>>51159728
FnD already has stats for cortosis gauntlets, No Disintegrations will bring unarmed parry which can be used against any melee range attack.
>>
>>51159728

Maybe, I'm more talking about how you can take Martial Artist and be able to parry barehanded - combine with how if you want to match the Legends treatment of Beskar you're looking at probably Heavy Battle Armor which is Superior+Cortosis so the GM really shouldn't have any beef with a mando in proper armor parrying.

Not that technically I think you NEED cortosis to parry, though I don't know what Sunder does if you parry with your fist. You can always say you block body to body rather than hand to blade.
>>
>>51159691
>>51159765
In legends Byss had a huge population of subtly brainwashed extremely loyal citizens imported from the rest of the galaxy and aside from some of the very industrial areas like the starport in Dark Empire (Which may not have even been built up that badly before the rest of the Empire started to fall) it's a false paradise soaked in the Dark Side.
>>
>>51159836
How is a paradise where the citizens live in complete security with plenty of enjoyment false?

It's not like Palpatine is taking a couple of them to his torture chamber to extract magic sadism energy every night.
>>
>>51159858
>How is a paradise where the citizens live in complete security with plenty of enjoyment false?
>It's not like Palpatine is taking a couple of them to his torture chamber to extract magic sadism energy every night.
It;s very similar, he's slowly draining ALL of them, and probably doing that too when he visits.
>>
File: 1452756019298.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1452756019298.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Does anyone have a table of starship mini-crits or mishaps?
>>
Are there any actual mechanics in Saga edition for making a droid? Like, creating one as a character versed in mechanics and computer use, or is it just piling together parts by cost and DM discretion?
>>
File: 1454219189343.jpg (74KB, 960x656px) Image search: [Google]
1454219189343.jpg
74KB, 960x656px
Fuck, leitmotifs are hard.

That is all.
>>
>>51152178
Terminators that sounded like a buff Lando.

And eveyone knows that a super buff Billy Dee Williams would sound like Carl Weathers.
>>
>>51157149

Look up the AEM 5.1 mod

Ups the population cap in space to 33 and adds some EU and Clone Wars ships
>>
>>51153682
Check out the mods
There are some great ones
My favourite is one that is based on the old republic and changes the rebels for the old republic, the empire for the sith empire and the consortium for the mandalorians
>>
>>51154190
Prototypes for death star components in the event the composite superlaser didn't pan out? It's a pretty great orbital bombardment terror weapon.
>>
>>51153682
Thrawn's Revenge, it's an awesome overhaul mod which scales everything to lore specifications and makes it all feel nice. Ground Combat is a bit iffy still, but that's EaW for ya.
>>
>>51158318
This. Also, the CCG model lets them push it in regular stores like the Walmarts and Targets who would never stock the level of product that LCG support requires.
You get an entirely different market playing from supermarkets - the kind of kids that don't go into game stores, mostly. Or parents that pick up a starter deck cause their kid likes star wars and don't realise the yawning maw they've opened.
>>
>>51159691
Yeah, as an Imperial Pleasure World, I think my temptation would be to almost swing to the opposite direction. Make it feel all Logan's Run or Brave New World. Bright, happy, sterile, conformist, creepily flat. But everyone's having a pretty great time - and probably are very worried that the PCs aren't.
>>
>>51159431
A few months ago an absolute madman was first place in a 250 man regional in France with three Cutlasses loaded up with bombs.
>>
One of my players is playing a bothan smuggler whose family was sold out to black sun a few years back for gambling debts

Should I introduce his daughter as the new local black sun head, and how?
>>
>>51162113
>One of my players is playing a bothan smuggler whose family was sold out to black sun a few years back for gambling debts
>Should I introduce his daughter as the new local black sun head, and how?
I'd rather suggest a reason for pure kamikaze vendetta for them, like the Black Sun boy is a serial chomo, and has the fellow's daughter, momma, granddaughter and greatneice in their harem. It's rather more motivating, if you're the sort of GM who does that fuck with the family shit. So fucking smoke em if you've got em and take your shit to the end or fuck off
>>
>>51162167
Not trying to go for the kamikaze vendetta. More of 'Well this is fucking awkward, how do we work around this'

However I'll keep that one up my sleeve
>>
Tomorrow I'm going to be roleplaying for the first time in a Star Wars game set in the Rogue One era- the old games, not the FF ones. Is there anything I should know beforehand?
>>
>>51162520
d20 or d6?
>>
>>51162588
Don't know
>>
>>51162922
>>51162520
Hmm. I only have firsthand knowledge of one of the three systems it could be.

the d6 thing I've never played, apparently it's good from what people say.

d20 revised is generally regarded as a dumpster fire

Saga is reasonably playable, but has the sort of issues that come from being built on the foundation of 3.x d20 mechanics.
>>
File: Bucket.jpg (9KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
Bucket.jpg
9KB, 208x242px
>>51159983
"Scavenger's Guide to Droids" covered that in depth, though the Core Book should be able to get you there on it's own.

Time to dig my copy out, lots of fun stuff in there.
>>
>>51151121
After the title crawl it turns out the film doesn't start in space; it's night on the island planet and we pan down to see Luke and Rey right in the middle of training. We get some revelations about the history of Kylo Ren and maybe who Rey is, if anyone. Or maybe Luke is just finding out about Han.

It's going to be centred around Rey and Kylo. They can go one of two ways with the latter- either Rey turns him back to the end of the film (if she doesn't it will happen in IX, guaranteed) and they'll team up to go after Snoke. Or, Kylo goes full sith and murders Luke when the two inevitably confront one another.
>>
>>51158340

>It has been 0 days since a Dark Empire reference
>>
>>51159944
>that TIE/Y-wing ugly

But it has no engines.
>>
>>51156756
I WILL KILL ANY CHAAKAR WHO MESSES WITH MY BESKAR
>>
>>51159190
What part of our dumpster fire of a state do you live in friendo
>>
File: Death_trooper_Fathead.png (6MB, 1820x4100px) Image search: [Google]
Death_trooper_Fathead.png
6MB, 1820x4100px
How would you stat these lanky motherfuckers? For FFG.

I assume the easiest way would be to just bump up the stats of a Stormtrooper but any advice is welcome.
>>
>>51164958
upgrade brawn to 4
death trooper armor has soak 2/ defence 1 and is sealed
blasters have the accurate quality
they have +3 wounds (1 from brawn, and 2 from a talent)
adversary 1
>>
>>51164958
There was some talk of this last thread. I think the 2 suggested routes were doubling up on normal Stormtrooper or making them PC-level enemies that only ever show up in small groups (3 at most)
>>
>>51164958
These guys are definitely cyborgs, right? Phase 0 Dark Troopers recanonised indirectly?
>>
File: Death Trooper.png (96KB, 743x974px) Image search: [Google]
Death Trooper.png
96KB, 743x974px
>>51164999
Turned this advice into a stat block if anyone wants it.
>>
>>51165023
They're partial cyborgs, but we don't know to what extent.
>>
File: Death Trooper.png (96KB, 743x974px) Image search: [Google]
Death Trooper.png
96KB, 743x974px
>>51165191
Wait fuck that wound threshold came up absurdly high, whoops.
>>
>>51164999
>>51165191
>>51165206
I think they probably don't have a stun setting on the E-11D.

Just a guess from the opening scene and all, but then again Krennic always did hate her for stealing his husbando.
>>
File: stormies.jpg (438KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stormies.jpg
438KB, 1920x1200px
>>51165023
Yeah, they don't quite move 'human' I noticed in the movie. Maybe they got high grade athletics people in the suits or they did something with CGI, but entirely too smooth and quick when they start running in some parts.

>>51165191
>>51165206
Go with the 17 wounds, there's nothing wrong with them being able to take a couple of hits... or 3 considering they don't have a strain threshold.
(these guys turn up when you've REALLY pissed someone off)
Also remember they had encrypted comms too on those suits, which makes listening in to what they're doing impossible, also carried a SE-14 pistol and a fuckload of grenades + spare magazines
>>
>>51165023
Zero is the new Two as far as Dark Trooper phases go.

Not sure WHY the game went with Purge troopers as Phase 2s and another game went with Darth Vader concept art and a z-6 rotary blaster as a Purge Trooper.
>>
>>51159219
tldr "shut up, I'm taking my ball and going home"
>>
>>51162056

Well, Bombs are pretty good if Ks are any indication, the Empire just doesn't have Sabine.
>>
>>51166244

Just wait until the Empire gets TIE Fighter Sabine, along with TIE Fighter Wedge and Hobbie!
>>
>>51166380
>Sabine's Empire
>Sabine's Palpatine crew
>>
>>51165842
They got actual special forces guys. The Death Troopers run like people at the peak of military-athletic ability.
>>
File: [angry static].jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
[angry static].jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>51165023
Their speech is also distorted, but that could be their gear instead of any cybernetics.

Vocal distortion was really nice though, made them feel real inhuman, pic semi related
>>
>>51166556
Ah cool, mind you when I was in 'peak athletic' form in the military, I was usually loaded up with 50-60kg worth of shit and ran with the grace of a drunken pig.
Unless someone shot at me, then I just ran a lot faster
>>
Visual Guide guy here, gonna give some info on Death Troopers:

>Death Trooper candidates must meet rigid physical and ideological standards to be elevated to this ratified class. Classified medical procedures further augment their abilities and make them somewhat beyond human.
>Death Trooper armor has a base of plastoid coated with a newly developed spray polymer called relfec, which warps the most common electromagnetic signals used in passive sensor arrays. This makes the troopers harder to detect and well suited for stealth operations.
>Death Troopers usually operate in small groups, exhibiting a great degree of cross-training and skill specialization.
>>
>>51166625
They look a lot like special forces guys do when running around with nothing but a plate carrier and rifle.
>>
>>51151121
I'm kinda' hoping that Rey is revealed to be Obi Wan's granddaughter.

>>51154159
Vengeance-class looks like a Terran Wraith that decided to start working out because it wants to be more like a Battlecruiser.
>>
>>51166778
Pretty rare day you get to run around with just armour and a rifle, some of our skinnier guys where fucking fast little buggers I guess in hindsight. Some of our tanky little manlets could get up a fair rate of knots too
But a lot of us where just knuckle dragging lumps of 100-120kg of meat, sharp objects, packs, radios and sore feet
>>
>>51166748

Oh shit, reflec is canon again. Neat, a lot of concepts based on that ideas.

So Death Troopers are kind of like Phase 0 or Storm Commandos, and that's pretty cool. I'd like if Commandos themselves got more coverage though.
>>
>>51166797
Secret Satine baby pls
>>
>>51151525
You tell me, buddy. You tell me. We all tried to tell you.
>>
>>51159247
Can't a white dude get a job in China as basically a corporate "pet" to just look busy to increase productivity?
>>
File: kylo-ren_fa163069.jpg (176KB, 1560x780px) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren_fa163069.jpg
176KB, 1560x780px
>>51150939
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>51167055
As much as I'd like that, Rey would be way older if that was the case
>>
>>51155494
To stop illegal dumping, duh. It's like locking up a dumpster because everyone else who shouldn't be using it is using it
>>
>>51167133
Ben is imperfect. Adam Driver was a perfect cast, though. he was a Marine, too
>>
File: the_gf.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
the_gf.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>51167151
Obi-Wan and Bo-Katan baby?

Why is Bo-Katan best waifu

>>51167213
He's perfect because he isn't; Rey isn't because she is.
>>
>>51166380
I'm still waiting for the TIE fighter title
>>
>>51167133
Because he isn't Vader.
It's nice to see an openly flawed villain, I hope he lives and redeems himself.
>>
>>51167213
Its clever in a way, they knew he could never be better than Vader so they made the character himself angsty over the fact.
>>
File: whosthatpokemon.png (157KB, 413x184px) Image search: [Google]
whosthatpokemon.png
157KB, 413x184px
What ship is this?
>>
>>51167759
It's a medium freighter I seem to recall there Mara Jade sneaking aboard one of them in the Allegiance novel.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find other ai cards for HotAC? I wanted to make a mission in atmosphere and use the striker.
>>
File: KIMG0004.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0004.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
What do you carry your X Wing cards in anons?

I use this because it annoys one of my opponents and it's the first thing I found digging in my closet for a spare binder.
>>
>>51167234
Mando wives will fuck normal men into submission, that's why
>>
>>51168092
Right now they are in my plano with my ships
It is slightly too short and so it bends them, but it is not like I have to shuffle them
>>
File: krrrds.png (323KB, 416x526px) Image search: [Google]
krrrds.png
323KB, 416x526px
>>51168092
I just keep them in a pile for now.
Really starting to consider getting a binder though, even keeping the pile sorted it's getting cumbersome finding the cards I'm looking for.
>>
>>51167862
That picture is from Suns of Fortune.

Reading through the freighter descriptions/going on what I know, it's

>not the CSS-1, that's the ship from Episode I I think, and if it's not, it's supposed to be a spacious diplomat transport.
>not the J-Type Star Skiff.
>not the S-Type Racing Sloop.
>not the YT-1210, it has a picture; it's the long-snooted pancake ship.

Is it the YG-4400? It's described as "stocky with a blocky body and three bulky engines aft." It's either that, or the D-Type Stealth freighter; described as having an "oddly shaped hull," and being painted matte black.

I lean towards the YG-4400 as that has to be the least Nubian-looking ship I've ever seen.
>>
File: 16 pocket pages.jpg (645KB, 900x1088px) Image search: [Google]
16 pocket pages.jpg
645KB, 900x1088px
>>51168092
binder with pic related. For pilots I use the ultra pro 2x2 binders with one per factions
>>
>>51168306
Oh, wait a minute, I bet that's the patrol boat. Which would make a lot more sense: you can see the two ion-turrets flanking the command deck. Though I suppose that leaves the question: what *does* a YG-4400 look like? What does a F-Type stealth freighter look like?
>>
>>51168092
Binder
I separate upgrade cards based on slots:
1)elite
2)crew
3)missile
4)torpedo
5)turret
6)title
7)modification
8)hardpoint
9)team
10)hardpoint
Separate pilots based on faction and every ship gets its own page.

small ships get a piano case and large/epic ships have a Felderr foam case
>>
>>51168342
Just bought some of these pages last night and stuck em in an old binder. They're perfect for upgrade cards and now I have some extra space in my case.
>>
File: captain_rex_by_rinacane-d9grwe8.jpg (122KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
captain_rex_by_rinacane-d9grwe8.jpg
122KB, 800x1120px
>>51159247
>Hyperdrives have a stasis field component to them which ensures the relativistic passing of time
Relativity does not exist in star wars
https://youtu.be/cto9_9qNHZ0?t=3m56s

I spent way too long digging this one up
>>
>>51167055
But we already have that her name's Sabine/
>>
>>51169182
>""""""""""secret""""""""
>>
Alright /swg/, who's your favorite pilot and/or crew card?

Me? Pic related for both.
>>
>>51167234
Obi-wan and Satine, probably.
>>
>>51168092
Got my ultra pro 4-pocket binder for ship cards (fits an expansion for page perfectly most of the time), and an Ultimate guard binder with special pockets for the upgrade cards (sorted by type)
>>
>>51169597
I love Capatain oiccun because of what he encourages.
>>
>>51169597
Damn hard question. I'm a big fan of all my bounty hunters, and despite all that Tycho is still a strong contender for the #1 spot.

For Crew, I think I have to go with K4 though. So simple, yet so useful.
>>
>>51169604
Except Satine died 19 BBY. Assuming that she gave birth the year she died (which wouldn't make since given the timeline we see Satine in in season 5), Rey would have to be 53 years old.

According to the Visual Dictionary, Rey was born 15 ABY.
>>
>>51169597
Pilot: Probably Wes. That ability is so handy for fucking with your opponent, especially if you give him VI to shoot first.
Crew: Kanan. Turning your whole dial green, essentially, has insane potential. I do like the potential of Cassian thought; haven't used him much yet.
>>
>>51169659
I don't play a lot of empire so I didn't know about him until now, but I just looked him up and that's amazing.
>>
>>51169604
Rey was born 15 ABY.

Satine died 19 BBY, Obi 0 BBY.

how is Rey possibly either of theirs?

Do you really think a force ghost can impregnate a corpse/skeleton with its ectojizz?

Do you really want that image in your head?
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>51169699
>>51169779
y'all underthinking this

That would make Sabine Obi-wan's little girl and Rey's mother.
>>
>>51169836
Sabine is too Asian to have come from two whiteys
>>
>>51169907
whew lad
>>
>>51169919

https://twitter.com/admiraljello/status/819550838167314433
>>
>>51169942
>he's never heard of Finns
>>
>>51158934
This ship is strangley still canon. Anyone got a FFG statblock for it?
>>
>>51169994
But Finn never knew his father because lando is a hit it and quit it kind of guy
>>
File: Lando.jpg (106KB, 786x672px) Image search: [Google]
Lando.jpg
106KB, 786x672px
>>51170168
How fucking dare you.

Lando is a classy gentleman.
>>
>>51169597
Echo or Jake for pilot because I love being a dodgy bitch.

Zuckuss or Vader crew because I enjoy fucking with people.
>>
>>51168092
>I use this because it annoys one of my opponents and it's the first thing I found digging in my closet for a spare binder.
I like you, I was considering buying a Pokémon themed one to do the same.
>>
>>51166579
I wish they sounded as good as Exalt.
>>
So, as someone who's never touched a roleplaying game, how hard are the star wars ones to get into if I wanted some casual weekend fuckery with friends?
>>
>>51171000
Well, the FFG one takes a little bit of time to learn at first but after that becomes great for casual fuckery.
>>
>>51171024
What are the options? I'm assuming there's multiple from the varying eras of star wars merchandise.
>>
>>51169597
Depends on faction...

Overall favorite pilot would be Guri. Favorite crew would be K4 (murder) droid.
>>
>>51171050
FFG has three lines, all set in OT era. the three lines are all compatible and are different only in what you want to play
>>
>>51171096
Is there anything old republic era?
>>
>>51168092
I use 4 UltraPro mini-binders. They're like $10 each. They're black, red, green, and white. Black contains all Empire and First Order pilots, along with ship-specific titles/mods (Defender x7). Red is the same thing, but for Rebels. Gren is Scum. And White is all the upgrade cards that are not ship-specific.
>>
>>51171024
>>51171050
There's WEG d6, the original and an incredibly solid system from everything I've been told. Old game, doesn't have prequel, Old Republic, Vong, or Legacy era stuff.
There were I think 3 (Well more 2.5) d20 Star Wars systems, the first two were pretty mediocre, Saga was better but if you haven't played DnD there's no reason to use Saga let alone the other d20 ones. Unless you REALLY need to run Old Republic or Vong stuff without doing any houserules or using otehr people's 3rd party stuff.

FFG has three systems designed around the OT era but with stuff fromthe clone wars and early prototypes of post-endor things set up. Overall the rules are generic enough that you can play in any era with minimal refluff. Space combat is built entirely around the party being in a Falcon-equivalent and sucks donkey dick at anything else without houseruling.
>>
>>51171114
I think the D20 game (produced by WotC) has a KOTOR splatbook. It's a good book but I personally did not like the system
>>
>>51168945
>Relativity does not exist in star wars
It sort of does. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Theory_of_Universal_Reference
>>
>>51171050
WEG's D6 probably runs the smoothest of the legacy systems.

It's arguably better than FFG. Emphasis on argue.
>>
>>51169597

Pilot: Tycho is just fucking great to fly. Wish we could get him in an X-Wing.
Crew: Boba Fett.
>>
>>51171167
D20 does a poor job with Star Wars.
>>
>>51171253
You can in hotac
>>
>>51166748
>Death Troopers are basically stormtrooper versions of Vader
neato! I bet he hates them
>>
>>51168157
>Mando sex
>Basically drunken wrestling while each party beats the shit out of each other during coitus
>They are still in armor while fucking
>>
First epic game Saturday here's my list.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!e!129:104,91,-1:-1:23:;130:29,146,17,14,157,90,-1:32:-1:;180:-1:-1:-1:;18:219:-1:-1:;152:175:-1:-1:;12:140:-1:-1:;12:140:-1:-1:;12:140:-1:-1:;12:140:-1:-1:;12:140:-1:-1:;51:8,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.102&sn=Itano%20Raider

Thoughts?
>>
Why is there no good loop of the TIE Attack theme on youtube? It's my favourite bit of Starwars music but the only loops I find are terribly cut. I'm almost tempted to do one myself.
>>
>>51169597
Pilot: Arvel Crynyd, perfect mix of fluff and crunch. Friends have houseruled his ability to work even on Epic Ships because accuracy.
Crew: Vader like to imagine the damage to your own ship is just him force chocking the shit out crew members who've fucked up.
>>
>>51172083
>houseruled

Wait, why wouldn't it?
>>
>>51171604
Vader hates everything but ESPECIALLY anything that reminds him of himself
>>
>>51172174
>]
Just reread the epic rules, shit we've all been doing small overlapping huge wrong.

Thanks anon.
>>
What kind of music do people listen to in the Starwars universe? Eg; you walk into a cantina on a smuggler world, what are they playing? Here's what I've used in the past:
For a more upbeat kinda place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyNJ1v84x9I
For a more downbeat kinda place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsUpeXK6Jo
>>51171909
I'd just do it myself if I were you. It's honestly not all that hard, might take like 10 minutes tops if you want to be really perfectionist about it.
>>
>>51172555
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
>>
File: Shadow_Trooper_canon.png (482KB, 723x999px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Trooper_canon.png
482KB, 723x999px
>>51166748
I guess we're having TWO spec-ops stormtroopers canon at the same time
>>
>>51172707
Well why not, the empire is big enough for both of them.
>>
File: Widdle Storm Commandos.png (55KB, 274x164px) Image search: [Google]
Widdle Storm Commandos.png
55KB, 274x164px
>>51172707
>Two

Ha ha

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Commando
>>
>>51172707
Storm Commandos are canon too.

>>51172762
Thanks for providing.
>>
>>51172707
>>51172737

Like Legends wasn't full of elite stormtroopers already.

Though, technically it's at least 3, Storm Commandos were in a now defunct nucanon Tower Defense game - which the developers said "lore and units are canon, events they appear in in the game are not".
>>
>>51172693
>tfw you will never get a book/short TV series about aspiring musicians in the Empire, fighting and jockeying to play for Vader himself
>>
>>51171777
Looks good.
>>
>>51172762

Hopefully if they ever appear in anything, they look slightly better than "Scout Troopers but black".

At least post-Endor Stormies in camo is canon again.
>>
Whoever recommended Ace Combat music for background music was a genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdNjzX4waA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xtUyn9M9mE

I'm going to go ahead and add that some of the Destiny soundtracking is pretty solid as well, for the right situation. Probably better for AoR, it sounds a bit more "military" than the atmosphere of regular Starwars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIgBM5J2njA
>>
In the event anyone here even plays; I'm working on writing Star Wars Destiny into an xml file to be used with Cockatrice. Is it worth my time or has someone already done it / done it with OCTGN, and does anyone want the finished file when I'm done?
>>
>>51172979
I'd never even heard of Star Wars Destiny until this thread, how's the play?
>>
File: Storm Commando.jpg (41KB, 284x445px) Image search: [Google]
Storm Commando.jpg
41KB, 284x445px
>>51172871
Originally they had much heavier armor than Scout Trooper, but that seemed to fade away over time.

I still think they're better than the Camo Clone Scout Troopers in Revenge of the Sith
>>
>>51172994
I've only managed a couple of games, mostly at the release dealie I went to, seems like nobody in my area cares to play it.

But it was certainly fun and looked to have potential, not sure how balanced it'll be at competitive level. It's deceptively complicated for the fast pace and simple mechanics.
>>
>>51171777
Isard might not be worth it on Jonus.
>>
>>51172762
>>51172871
>>51173024
In Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike they had cool helmets of their own. But apparently exposed necks? It was strange. It's waaaaaaay at the bottom of their wookieepedia page.
>>
File: empire today.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
empire today.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>51172786
>Empire: The Musical
YOUNG MAN
I'M YOUR NEW NCO
I SAID YOUNG MAN
LET'S GET READY TO GO
IT'S CONSCRIPTION
BUT I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND
MANY WAYS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME
>>
>>51171149
>as if prequel, Vong, or Legacy stuff is what anybody wants in gaming.
>>
>>51173476
SEQUEL SERIES FUCKING WHEN.
>>
File: ac7 FUCKING LASERS.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ac7 FUCKING LASERS.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
>>51173743
When someone at Disney is convinced to take a gander at the Ace Combat franchise.
>>
>>51173743
When tie fighter gets a sequel
>>
>>51173743
>>51173775
I just want a game where you play a Rebel pilot, and over the course of the game level up (by learning special skills such as hard-rerouting power/getting access to better equipment/higher ranks) and get to customize your ship, develop a bond with your wing-mates/command crew/maintenance team. The game has you at different turns performing jump-in-jump-out raids on Imperial structures from the hangar of a CR-90, scattered and on the run in just your fighter after a big loss, eventually re-uniting with the fleet for the Battle of Endor.

Optional Soontir Fel Mode: when you die, you are kicked back to the beginning of the "chapter" or whatever, with reduced rank and a defaulted ship/equipment list. If you choose to punch out you keep your stuff, but lose your ship.
>>
File: heroes on both sides.jpg (187KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
heroes on both sides.jpg
187KB, 1200x850px
>>51172707
I mean, considering IRL there are things like SEAL teams and Delta Force operating for the same country, as well as divisions *within* a spec ops unit, it's not that suprising that you could have Shadow Troopers, Storm Commandos, Death Troopers and whoever the heck else. Since the go-to for the Empire is totalitarian states like Nazi Germany, I wouldn't be surprised if infighting and factionalism played a role too. Death Troopers answer to one branch, Shadow Troopers to another, etc, and they're all in fierce competition to violate the most principles of humanity in making a super soldier.
>>51170190
That cape says Lando's a commitment kind of scoundrel.
>>
File: wing commander 4 cover.jpg (866KB, 1200x1424px) Image search: [Google]
wing commander 4 cover.jpg
866KB, 1200x1424px
>>51173915
And I want a Chris Roberts-directed Star Wars flight sim with the /swg/ dream cast, a long campaign with Wing Commander-style mission branching, and a massive, long, well-supported co-op multiplayer mode that is a less grind-tastic combination of War Thunder's and Ace Combat Infinity's progression systems.

A man can dream. Unfortunately, dreaming is probably all we'll have.
>>
>>51173915
I liked the missions in Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike more than the grind of TIE Fighter and X-Wing. Plus I liked having a SPACE BUICK to kill Eyes with.
>>
File: fSGoqrr.jpg (409KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fSGoqrr.jpg
409KB, 1920x1200px
>>51169597
Pilot: Juno Eclipse. The amount of shenanigans I've gotten up to with her is great, and she's almost impossible to beat 1v1 unless you're a large base PWT.

HM: Palob. The troll ship in the game. Seemingly any build I put together with him does at least marginally well.

Crew: Palpatine. I know most people now probably hate him, but I played well before he came out and he almost single-handedly made high agility Imperial ships worth it, when no one took them before. As a perk he gave the Lambda a crew worth carrying, which was another ship no one used outside of the occasional doomshuttles. He's also fluffy as all hell, which tickles me the right way.

HM: Jyn Erso. She is an amazing card for two points. I've been pretty much non-stop running her on Kanan and doing evil, evil things to people's damage potential.
>>
Is there a mention of how long plotting a hyperspace jump takes in FFG? I know you can spend additional successes to decrease the amount of time, or a Triumph to do it in the minimum time, but is there any sort of chart explaining how many rounds it takes?
>>
>>51174181

Yeah, there should be a table which says a rough time period of how long it takes in that section of the vehicles/space chapter.
>>
>>51174181
There's also a talent (or whatever they're called) called Galaxy Mapper that cuts the time in half and reduces difficulty. In F&D, there's table 7-14 on page 253. The other two probably have the same table in roughly the same place.
>>
>>51174283
No wait, time to plot is table 7-13. Basically, you either have the time to do the calculations right, or you're under duress and have to rush. The exact time doesn't really matter, because it's either "as much time as you need" or "not as much time as you need" with the appropriate modifiers on the test.
>>
New Thread
>>51174249
New Thread
>>51174249
New Thread
>>51174249
>>
>>51174019
>War Thunder progression system
https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=T-65_Fighter :^)
>>
>>51174181
Not really, but there is an example in one of the beginner rule things, and that says 6 rounds. But that also includes booting up a newly installed navicomputer, so it's probably more like 4-ish for an already installed one that's already turned on.
>>
File: Steamy.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Steamy.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>51171753
>They are still in armor while fucking
>>
>>51176024
>>51176024
>>51176024
New thread
(please excuse the uploader's messy MSpaint cropping, for all their skill with building I guess they are not so great at computers)
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.